PDA

View Full Version : Sims...motivated?

DaFace
07-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Caught this from the TC website. At least he sounds like he's trying to improve.

-----

Following practice, media ran down defensive tackle Ryan Sims, who is having a much better camp than in previous years.

When asked how much of playing is physical and how much is mental, Sims replied, “It’s a little bit of both. You have to physically be able to go out there and push it everyday. A lot of it is all mental.”

Sims made a comment about needing to make things right, and was then asked to define “making things right.”

“Basically make things right in my mind,” said the fifth year Chief. “I feel unfinished right now. I don’t think that right now in year five I am where I wanted to be five years ago.”

Another question asked was whether or not Sims was disappointed in himself.

“No, not really, [but] I’m not pleased. Your hardest critic has to be yourself, and I’ve been unlucky with some of the bumps and bruises and changes in philosophy when I first got here,” replied Sims, “You know, this is a new year, I’m starting to make some plays. I am motivated. I want a ring, I really want a ring.”

CanadianChief
07-31-2006, 05:49 PM
He doesn't sound very happy....somebody get that man a twinkie to cheer him up ;)

CoMoChief
07-31-2006, 05:52 PM
I dont care if he's trying. He shouldve been trying 5 seasons ago. He's still a piece of shit IMO and could be even better this season if he had come into OTA's in shape.

Chan93lx50
07-31-2006, 05:53 PM
He doesn't sound very happy....somebody get that man a twinkie to cheer him up ;)
http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/lmbatist/twinkie.jpg

Here you go!

MGRS13
07-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Of course he's motivated it's a contract year. I say get what we can out of him this year then let him walk.

CanadianChief
07-31-2006, 05:58 PM

Here you go!

At least she's wearing the elbow pads (and probably knee pads) to prevent rug burn.

yum yum

Sully
07-31-2006, 06:07 PM
From the times I've watched him, he looks improved... and motivated.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Of course he's motivated it's a contract year. I say get what we can out of him this year then let him walk.
yep...

i hope he's successful this year, but we can't really trust what he does.

a guy that all of the sudden becomes productive in a contract year can't be counted for a big contract.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2006, 06:24 PM

Here you go!
looks like traci lords a bit.

ChiTown
07-31-2006, 06:26 PM
I'll believe it when I see his fat ass doing something on the field................other than sucking.

Gonzo
07-31-2006, 06:29 PM
looks like traci lords a bit.
Pedophile :shake:

Brock
07-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Pedophile :shake:

She's like 35.

Gonzo
07-31-2006, 06:34 PM
She's like 35.

Yeah but she was hot when she was like fifte.........uh nevermind.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah but she was hot when she was like fifte.........uh nevermind.
how would you know whether she was hot or not when she was "fifte .."

ya perverted pedo bastige :p

ChiTown
07-31-2006, 06:40 PM
how would you know whether she was hot or not when she was "fifte .."

ya perverted pedo bastige :p

If there's grass on the field, we're playing ball.......

Rain Man
07-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Somehow I doubt that Ryan Sims is his own toughest critic. I doubt that he's in the top 1,000.

That said, I hope he's an all-pro this year, and MVP of the Super Bowl to boot.

ChiefFan31
07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
yep...

i hope he's successful this year, but we can't really trust what he does.

a guy that all of the sudden becomes productive in a contract year can't be counted for a big contract.

Why you gotta talk about G Wes like that?? :)

Mr. Laz
07-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Somehow I doubt that Ryan Sims is his own toughest critic. I doubt that he's in the top 1,000.

That said, I hope he's an all-pro this year, and MVP of the Super Bowl to boot.
and then we franchise him and end up trading to a team for two 1st round picks.

that team then loses every game for the next 2 years and we end up with the 1st pick in the draft for 2 years running.

we then take those 2 first picks and trade down.... allowing us to stockpile picks and leading us to be a juggernaut dynasty that goes on to win an unprecedented 6 super bowls straight.

that fat bastard ryan sims is so distraught over leaving the best team in NFL history to be on the worst goes on a drug binge that ends up with him shooting himself in the head after waking up from his stupor to find a tranny in bed with him and a dirty sanchez face.

Rain Man
07-31-2006, 06:58 PM

that team then losing every game for the next 2 years and we end up with the 1st pick in the draft for 2 years running.

we then take those 2 first picks and trade down to around the 3-5th pick.... allowing us to stockpile picks and leading us to be a juggernaut dynasty that goes on to win and unprecedented 6 super bowls straight.

And then Lamar lowers ticket prices to 1969 levels to celebrate.

MGRS13
07-31-2006, 06:58 PM

that team then losing every game for the next 2 years and we end up with the 1st pick in the draft for 2 years running.

we then take those 2 first picks and trade down to around the 3-5th pick.... allowing us to stockpile picks and leading us to be a juggernaut dynasty that goes on to win and unprecedented 6 super bowls straight.
And then I win the 100 million dollars and you get sober through a drug treatment program, because you must have a horrible problem. I'm surprised you can type as high as you must be.

B_Ambuehl
07-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Don't forget he had a good pre-season last year and looked like a different player when he got hurt in that first game against the jets. He had the same type of injury Law did in '04 so you know when he came back he wasn't anywhere near 100%

noa
07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Sims: "I want a ring, I really want a ring.”

No wonder he's been going through all those cracker jack boxes.

noa
07-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Don't forget he had a good pre-season last year and looked like a different player when he got hurt in that first game against the jets. He had the same type of injury Law did in '04 so you know when he came back he wasn't anywhere near 100%

I think the disappointment is about the sum total of his contribution to the franchise after we spent the #6 pick on him. I'd be more understanding of his injury and other issues if he actually produced for us at some point. Potential has to become actual production at some point, or else you're a bust, no matter what the reasons/excuses are.

wazu
07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Sims = bust. That's not going to change. Ever. It's not just his heart, he simply is not capable of being good.

milkman
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Sims = bust. That's not going to change. Ever. It's not just his heart, he simply is not capable of being good.

Your and Idiot.

The guy has talent.

If he's motivated, he has the combination of strength, speed, and quicks to be a playmaker in the middle.

His issues are motivation and injuries.

Deberg_1990
07-31-2006, 10:06 PM
From the times I've watched him, he looks improved... and motivated.

Smoke and mirrors.......i dont think the guy has what it takes. Ive never seen the guy dominate one series let alone a game. Hes just nothing.

nomad
07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
You're your harshest critic............when it's you final year on your contract.

If he's not dissappointed in himself by this point, there is no honesty, no hope.

ferrarispider95
07-31-2006, 10:21 PM
The first game of the season he was getting some push,(Jets 05) then he fugged his ankle or something and didnt play for a long time and looked like the old sims at the end of the year.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-31-2006, 10:32 PM
I really could care less if it's his contract year or not. i just want some production out of this guy. if he can't get it done this year it's time to hit the road.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Let me repeat this one more time, since we've mentioned it probably 50 times...

It is not Sims' "contract year". According the NFLPA website, he's signed through 2009.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM

It is not Sims' "contract year". According the NFLPA website, he's signed through 2009.
when is his option year though?

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 01:36 PM

This is his 5th year...surely 2007-09 are voidables in the contract. I cant imagine any rookie contract that didnt give the player FA option after 5 years--when they're eligible to be UFA's.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 01:48 PM
This is his 5th year...surely 2007-09 are voidables in the contract. I cant imagine any rookie contract that didnt give the player FA option after 5 years--when they're eligible to be UFA's.

Well, the NFLPA cut off our access, but that last time I looked, it appeared his contract had been re-worked. It had contract numbers through 2009.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 01:50 PM

Chiefs | Sims Agrees to Terms - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:02 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a contract with rookie DT Ryan Sims, the team's first-round draft choice. Sims will sign a seven-year deal that will void to six-years if he reaches certain predetermined benchmarks. The total value of the deal is not available, but he'll receive nearly $10 million in a combined signing bonus and second-level bonus next spring.

Inspector
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM

Here you go!

She wouldn't happen to need any cream filling by chance??

Mr. Laz
Well, the NFLPA cut off our access, but that last time I looked, it appeared his contract had been re-worked. It had contract numbers through 2009.
i don't know either ...

but having numbers through 2009 doesn't mean that there isn't voidable years in there.

i thought it was pretty normal practice to have the last 2 years of a 1st round picks contract being voidable.

larry johnson does too iirc

noa

This is all part of the initial contract he signed? That sounds like an absurdly long contract.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
i don't know either ...

but having numbers through 2009 doesn't mean that there isn't voidable years in there.

i thought it was pretty normal practice to have the last 2 years of a 1st round picks contract being voidable.

larry johnson does too iirc

Normally, contracts have a particular structure you're looking for. For instance, the following example is what a contract with voidable years looks like. They generally use ballon payments which allows the player and team flexibility.

2003 - $500k
2004 - $750k
2005 - $1M
2006 - $4M
2007 - $5M

A contract that's been re-negotiated most of the time looks like the following, and this is what Sims' contract looked like the last time I looked...

2003 - $750k
2004 - $1M
2005 - $1.5M
2006 - $750k
2007 - $1M

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Chiefs | Sims Agrees to Terms - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:02 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a contract with rookie DT Ryan Sims, the team's first-round draft choice. Sims will sign a seven-year deal that will void to six-years if he reaches certain predetermined benchmarks. The total value of the deal is not available, but he'll receive nearly $10 million in a combined signing bonus and second-level bonus next spring.

Ok, so it's not this year, but next year that's the contract year if the voidable is only one year.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Ok, so it's not this year, but next year that's the contract year if the voidable is only one year.

Yes, and that assumes he hasn't re-done his contract at some point...