PDA

View Full Version : What is the key ingredient to Chiefs success in 2006...

oldandslow
07-31-2006, 06:59 PM
I think we must get good play from the lines. That is why the LT position bothers me so much on offense and why both tackle positions could spell trouble on defense. We have not seen good play from both lines in quite some time.

If the lines play well, we will make the playoffs. If they don't we will finish 8-8 or worse.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Staying healthy.

Over-Head
07-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Another season melt down by the Ra!ders

ChiefFan31
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Agreed, solid play on both lines will be the key.

CoMoChief
07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
DEFENSE:

Sims and Reed have to show up and produce well. I'm hoping James Reed starts btw. Hali has to produce way more than Hicks ever did. We also need to tackle better.

OFFENSE:
Obviously the tackle position is the where the most concern is. Turley better turn into his old ProBowl self again if Green wants any confidence in pass protection this season. Sampson I think will win the battle for RT. He should at least, he's started there before and he's done pretty well. Black should never see the tackle position ever again, hes a guard.

The key to this new form of Marty ball will be how much we gain on first down. It will be very important to gain 5 yds or more on first down. Anytime you have 2nd and short, you can just about run anything in the playbook and keep defenses on their toes. also we can run the ball more and longer to milk the clock to keep the TOP on our side.

Last but not least, we HAVE TO stay healthy on both sides of the ball. But just like every season, someone will get hurt and it will cost us.

MGRS13
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM
I think we must get good play from the lines. That is why the LT position bothers me so much on offense and why both tackle positions could spell trouble on defense. We have not seen good play from both lines in quite some time.

If the lines play well, we will make the playoffs. If they don't we will finish 8-8 or worse.
You touched on it but I think more specific then the line play it comes down to the play of the Tackles, defense and offense, this will determine the season.

manchambo
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Willie Roaf

the Talking Can
07-31-2006, 07:39 PM
cow bell

JimNasium
Poop?

Logical
Luck, lots and lots of luck.

Luck would be Roaf and Welbourne changing their minds.

Luck as in no injuries because we have almost no depth.

Luck as in all these young guys being forced into starting roles actually play well.

Luck as in the DTs actually play with some fire.

Luck in all these new players gel as a team to win.

Luck in that the head coach goes against his conservative nature and does not force Martyball on the offense.

Yep, lots of luck.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
successful usage of steriods?

purposely getting in shitty chief players in fights with opponent's top players to get both ejected?

setting the high score for arrests in one offseason?

Maybe.... :shrug:

JimNasium
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Poop?
Oh, and pie. I almost forgot the pie.

JimNasium
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Oh, and pie. I almost forgot the pie.
I quoted myself didn't I? That's pretty pathetic when you think about it isn't it? Possibly a cry for help?

hypersensitiveZO6
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
It could be a postwhore virus.

It's been going around lately.

:shake:

JimNasium
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I quoted myself didn't I? That's pretty pathetic when you think about it isn't it? Possibly a cry for help?
Nah, it's not that bad. I remember when Jamie created a whole thread where he basically just carried on a conversation with himself. If Jamie can do it then it must be completely normal. Right?

Adept Havelock
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
You got it. Line play. If you don't have that, you don't have anything.