PDA

View Full Version : Buying cigarettes online...

jAZ
08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
My dad asked me to post this. He has in the past bought his cigarettes in bulk cartons online. The company he used (happily) in the past has gone out of business.

He's asked for my help in making sure he doesn't get screwed.

To complicate things, he tells me that the laws have changed in the last 6 months and people are no longer able to buy using a credit card. Instead the websites we saw were asking for his bank account information.

While I've used "echecks" before, it's always been with a company I know well and trust. So I'm hoping someone here might have had some experience with this and can recommend a trustworthy website. Preferably one with a publicly published address and phone number.

Thanks for helping me help my dad kill himself slowly!

(he's a lurker here, so he'll read this! nlm)

ENDelt260
08-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Heh... when I was in college I knew folks who bought from http://www.yesmoke.com/ , but I guess they don't anymore.

Bwana
08-01-2006, 01:09 AM
You can still buy these easily enough on-line.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't E-Check with anyone I hadn't had previous transactions with before... I'm sure that law is legit and whatnot, but I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to use a credit card, that's like the lifesource of the e-commerce.

There's only one place I've ever written an E-Check to without doing prior business with, and they let me have electricity.

Moooo

jAZ
08-02-2006, 01:55 AM
bump?