PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Cancelled Before Their Time

oaklandhater
08-01-2006, 04:41 AM
sine we did shows that had too much time I think its time we did some shows that did not have enough time.

1.Firefly One of the best scfi shows ever
2.futurama beats family guy any day
3.Dead like me A really great dark Show
4.arrested development should have been on HBO
5.Jhon Doe One of fox better shows
6.Carnivale Im still pissed off this and deadwood got canned to make room for Rome
7.First Wave canada's x-files
8.Farscape sci fi was to cheap to keep on makeing it
9.Deadwood see #6
10.Quantum leap a show that had the ability to run forever, at least I have sci fi new Quantum leap to look foward to.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 05:05 AM
They're making more Futuramas!!!

I hope that Zoidberg, just for ONE EPISODE gets to become like a millionaire, or aking or something cool. I wanna see him get what he deserves!

Moooo

chagrin
08-01-2006, 06:36 AM
I'm glad Futurama is coming back on, I really enjoyed that show.

Farscape had great potential, then screwed the pooch on their writing, I don't know about it being too expensive but they definitely lost it, in the scripts, it simply got too silly.

Quantam Leap, didn't ir run for 6 or seven years? I don't remember but it was a good show for sure.

Millenium came off the air WAY too early, and all of these other shows, Profiler, Medium, and others - ALL were Frank Black knock offs. Sure, their writing became more apocolyptic in the 2nd season but they wanted to go more into "the group" stuff, in my top 5 favorites of all time.

chiefsfaninNC
08-01-2006, 06:57 AM
I sure would like to see Mr. T and the A team make a come back. That show had great acting.

deadbabyseal
08-01-2006, 07:02 AM
since we did shows that had too much time I think its time we did some shows that did not have enough time.

Amen brother Oaklandhater!

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Ed :D

Baby Lee
08-01-2006, 07:03 AM

6.Carnivale Im still pissed off this and deadwood got canned to make room for Rome

9.Deadwood see #6

Agree with those and add;

Wonderfalls

Tru Calling

Line of Fire.

chagrin
08-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Dead Like Me was good in the first Season, real good - I got Showtime for that show only.

Season two stunk it up real bad unfortunately.

There was one show that used to come on FOX Friday nights, funny thing, even though I liked it alot I cannot remember the name of it at all!

It had Lex Luther's dad as the Devil and the white guy from Thirty Something as the main character, he was sent back from hell to collect sould or something, pretty cool shit. It didn't last long :(

Chiefnj
08-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Freaks and Geeks.

morphius
08-01-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm glad Futurama is coming back on, I really enjoyed that show.

Farscape had great potential, then screwed the pooch on their writing, I don't know about it being too expensive but they definitely lost it, in the scripts, it simply got too silly.

Quantam Leap, didn't ir run for 6 or seven years? I don't remember but it was a good show for sure.

Millenium came off the air WAY too early, and all of these other shows, Profiler, Medium, and others - ALL were Frank Black knock offs. Sure, their writing became more apocolyptic in the 2nd season but they wanted to go more into "the group" stuff, in my top 5 favorites of all time.
I did think Farscape had a few iffy years in the middle, but I thought the last couple seasons were better. It was getting pretty silly there for a while though and I almost stopped watching.

SCTrojan
08-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Sports Night from a while back. Joan of Arcadia of recent vintage.

Baby Lee
08-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Dead Like Me was good in the first Season, real good - I got Showtime for that show only.

There was one show that used to come on FOX Friday nights, funny thing, even though I liked it alot I cannot remember the name of it at all!

It had Lex Luther's dad as the Devil and the white guy from Thirty Something as the main character, he was sent back from hell to collect sould or something, pretty cool shit. It didn't last long :(
Brimstone.

BTW - I think the term 'white guy on thirtysomething' qualifies as redundant. ;)

VonneMarie
08-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Dark Angel

And that's all I can think of right now...

chagrin
08-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Brimstone.

BTW - I think the term 'white guy on thirtysomething' qualifies as redundant. ;)

ROFL
Yeah, they were all white ass whities weren't they? Damn political correctness has the opposite effect on me, lol!

Yeah, Brimstone - I liked that show, it had potential

chagrin
08-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I did think Farscape had a few iffy years in the middle, but I thought the last couple seasons were better. It was getting pretty silly there for a while though and I almost stopped watching.

As soon as the guy with the p*ssy on his chin started banging the Gray chick (I saw a naked pic of her before, not very impressive), and I realized Scorpius couldn't get over his man crush on Crichton - oh yeah, and they killed Caludia Black and then brought her back - I was done with it.

Frosty
08-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Pretty much any good show on FOX. :mad:

oaklandhater
08-01-2006, 08:07 AM

I use to watch that show he went to hell for killing, his wifes killer in a fit of rage pretty deep stuff.

TrickyNicky
08-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Undeclared.

I thought it was hilarious but it didn't last.

chagrin
08-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I use to watch that show he went to hell for killing, his wifes killer in a fit of rage pretty deep stuff.

Thanks for the refresher, excellent :clap:

Robo-Chachi
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
TV Funhouse. Used to be on Comedy Central. I'm still waiting for the 1st season to come out on DVD.

Rain Man
08-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Third Rock from the Sun

News Radio (though Hartman's death hurt the show badly)

Arrested Development

Saulbadguy
08-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Upright Citizens Brigade
TV Funhouse
The State
Liquid Television

jidar
08-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Since Firefly is the best show ever put on television, I'll overlook your ridiculous dig at Family Guy in the next line.

Gonzo
08-01-2006, 09:17 AM
I liked Titus.....Stacy Keach was funny as hell on that show.

Frazod
08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Brimstone, without a doubt. I was stunned that such a well made and interesting show could be whacked so quickly. I assume that was the work of zealot tards and cowardly network weinies. What a shame. :shake:

The wife and I really like Third Watch, too. Because it focused on regular beat cops and paramedics, it didn't feel like standard cop show faire. Good cast and interesting story lines. NBC kept moving its time slot, and eventually it died. Oh well.

Baby Lee
08-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Pretty much any good show on FOX.
Peter: Everybody, I got bad news - we've been cancelled.
Lois: Oh, no. Peter, how can they do that?
Peter: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no room on the schedule. We just gotta accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like: Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pits, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louis, and Greg The Bunny.
Lois: Is there no hope?
Peter: Well, I supposed if ALL those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.

John_Locke
08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I liked Commander in Chief

Geena Davis is HHHHOOOOTTTT

SCTrojan
08-01-2006, 09:40 AM
I liked Titus.....Stacy Keach was funny as hell on that show.

I thought whoever played the wife in that show was completely hot.

wutamess
08-01-2006, 10:03 AM
My Wife & Kids.

Baby Lee
08-01-2006, 10:26 AM
I thought whoever played the wife in that show was completely hot.
She was Drew Carrey's GF [on his show] for a while, too. Then she got shot on Lost. Though I think she's gonna stay on the show as a character in flashbacks, at least next season.

Demonpenz
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
emrils sitcom

Rain Man
08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
She was Drew Carrey's GF [on his show] for a while, too. Then she got shot on Lost. Though I think she's gonna stay on the show as a character in flashbacks, at least next season.

When Drew met her, she was working as a stripper, and I'm not ashamed to say that I was praying that this one episode, this one 22-minute spot in television's entire history, would be the moment when Drew Carey made television history by bypassing the television censors.

redbrian
08-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Agree with those and add;

Wonderfalls

Tru Calling

Line of Fire.

I'll second the Wonderfalls, the show had great writing and a very good cast.

alpha_omega
08-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Sports Night from a while back.

Yep...Sports Night.

beavis
08-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Ed :D
That was the only show I had gotten into in the last 5 years. Warren P. Cheswick is the man.

DaneMcCloud
08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I liked Commander in Chief

Geena Davis is HHHHOOOOTTTT

That's a Man, Baby!

Bearcat
08-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Third Rock from the Sun

I really liked that show... can't even find reruns on late at night anymore.

Rain Man
08-01-2006, 11:05 AM
I really liked that show... can't even find reruns on late at night anymore.

Yeah. Same here. (Downcast glum look.)

chagrin
08-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Peter: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no room on the schedule. We just gotta accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like: Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pits, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louis, and Greg The Bunny.
Peter: Well, I supposed if ALL those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.

ROFL

I thought about posting that, good job dude :clap:

Kclee
08-01-2006, 11:35 AM
News Radio (though Hartman's death hurt the show badly)

I just picked up the 3rd and 4th season of that on DVD. Good stuff.

Woodrow Call
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
3 South

Might be one of the funniest cartoons ever. I dont know what MTV was thinking.

Aries Walker
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Freaks and Geeks
Airwolf
Robbery Homicide Division
The Magnificent Seven
and Wanted on TNT.

Inspector
08-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I have never seen any of those shows you have listed.

Obviously there is something seriously wrong with me with me with me with me with me.

Aries Walker
08-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I have never seen any of those shows you have listed.

Obviously there is something seriously wrong with me with me with me with me with me.
That's because they were cancelled before their time. Airwolf lasted a couple of years, but the others didn't make it past season one. Darn shame, too.

Predarat
08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Quantum leap lasted for five seasons I believe but could have went a few more.

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Beavis and Butthead.

b_cson
08-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Mission Hill

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Dog Eat Dog. Every time I watched that program I did Brooke Burns.

DJJasonp
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Sports Night was great...

Here's two of my favorite shows from the 80's that got the plug pulled too soon (in my humble opinion):

Get a Life (starring Chris Elliot....the butler with the deformed hand in Scary Movie 2 for those of you less than 25 years old)

Sledgehammer (for those of you who remember this show: http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/alanspeaks.htm )

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Sports Night
News Radio
G vs. E (Guilty pleasure, but Deacon Jones was a badass).

DJJasonp
08-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I remembered another....

Action! - starring Jay Mohr as a movie producer....it was great. Kind of a precursor to Entourage and Ari's character (except Mohr is a producer)....but it was great while it lasted.

Also - The Ben Stiller Show was pretty darn funny as well....Fox had a lot of good shows when they first started out that didnt get much publicity.

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Bizzare, w/ John Byner. Kind of an American take on "Benny Hill". I'll forgive him for inflicting Super Dave Osborne on the world....

An almost forgotten little gem called "The Stephen Banks Show".

Also, "Sherman Oaks" on Showtime and "Dream On" on HBO. Funny stuff, IMO.

listopencil
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Moral outrage is jealousy with a halo. -Herbert George Wells.

Nice sig.

Sure-Oz
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Definetly muppet babies!

LocoChiefsFan
08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Tru Calling, Quantum Leap, Macguyver......

burt
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Sports Night
News Radio
G vs. E (Guilty pleasure, but Deacon Jones was a badass).

Sports Night..great
News Radio..great

Any one remember "Hermans Head"???
or "American Gothic" but I believe my Mrs. and I were the ONLY ones that watched it.

My guilty pleasure...I liked "Surface" :redface:

ChiefsFanatic
08-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Brimstone.

That show was awesome. I also liked Forever Knight.

ChiefsFanatic
08-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Sports Night from a while back. Joan of Arcadia of recent vintage.

Sports Night should have been a one hour dramedy instead of a 30 minute comedy. That show was the Best.

ChiefsFanatic
08-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Freaks and Geeks
Airwolf
Robbery Homicide Division
The Magnificent Seven
and Wanted on TNT.

I liked Wanted. I hate it when Networks, even TNT, cancel a show, and never have a wrap-up episode.

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Sports Night..great
News Radio..great

Any one remember "Hermans Head"???
or "American Gothic" but I believe my Mrs. and I were the ONLY ones that watched it.

Herman's Head? ROFL ROFL. I loved that show. Great concept, and funny as hell. Not to mention the woman who played the "sensitivity" character was hot, IMO.

There was another one by those writers about the same time. Remember "Whoops", the world's first (intentional) post-apocylptic sitcom?

American Gothic I missed, but heard good things about it.

Hey, nobody's mentioned "Kolchak, the Night Stalker" yet. Starring the Dad from "A Christmas Story", IIRC.

Mr. Christopher
08-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Did anyone mention Titus?

burt
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Herman's Head? ROFL ROFL. I loved that show. Great concept, and funny as hell. Not to mention the woman who played the "sensitivity" character was hot, IMO.

There was another one by those writers about the same time. Remember "Whoops", the world's first (intentional) post-apocylptic sitcom?

American Gothic I missed, but heard good things about it.

Hey, nobody's mentioned "Kolchak, the Night Stalker" yet. Starring the Dad from "A Christmas Story", IIRC.

She ended up the BIG reason to watch, "Yes Dear"

The kid from "American Gothic was like 9 years old....He is the star(?) of the latest "Need for Speed". Every time he is in a movie, My wife says, "That's Caleb!!", his character on American Gothic.

I missed out on Whoops.....

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Did anyone mention Titus?

[Slaps Hand on Forehead].
Funny as hell. Stacey Keach was fantastic in that one.

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 08:37 PM

The kid from "American Gothic was like 9 years old....He is the star(?) of the latest "Need for Speed". Every time he is in a movie, My wife says, "That's Caleb!!", his character on American Gothic.

I missed out on Whoops.....

Yes Dear? I may have to track that down....

As for Whoops, you didn't miss much. It was dumbassery incarnate, but kind of funny. There's a reason it only lasted six episodes...on FOX. ROFL

Mr. Christopher
08-01-2006, 08:38 PM
[Slaps Hand on Forehead].
Funny as hell. Stacey Keach was fantastic in that one.
And his famous tag line: "Wussy!"

burt
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes Dear? I may have to track that down....

As for Whoops, you didn't miss much. It was dumbassery incarnate, but kind of funny. There's a reason it only lasted six episodes...on FOX. ROFL

It is reran still on late nights....

Baby Lee
08-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Molly Hagen wasn't on Yes Dear. That was Jean Louisa Kelly, who is like 10 years younger, and who got her start as the bratty teen daughter in Uncle Buck.

Aries Walker
08-02-2006, 07:14 AM
An almost forgotten little gem called "The Stephen Banks Show".
Oh, I remember Stephen Banks. He did a one-hour special for one of the cable stations called "Home Entertainment Center". It was one of the most brilliant pieces of comedy and music I've ever seen. I wish I could find a copy.

And Djjasonp, I so agree about Sledge Hammer. Both seasons are out on DVD now; they're on my wish list.

Jean Louisa Kelly was in Mr. Holland's Opus, too, and she was magnificent. I wish she'd do more than a crappy third-rate sitcom.

Frosty
08-02-2006, 09:31 AM

Me, too. On serial shows like this, I'm thinking I won't even watch them until they have been out a couple of seasons and then watch 'em on DVD. I have gotten burned a few too many times and left hanging. :mad:

burt
08-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Me, too. On serial shows like this, I'm thinking I won't even watch them until they have been out a couple of seasons and then watch 'em on DVD. I have gotten burned a few too many times and left hanging. :mad:

What wasn't to like?? Giant monsters...Hot Marine Biologist, High school girls at pool parties.... Wow...I miss it more.

burt
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Molly Hagen wasn't on Yes Dear. That was Jean Louisa Kelly, who is like 10 years younger, and who got her start as the bratty teen daughter in Uncle Buck.

You are SO correct!!! Note to self..do research before opening mouth.... :)

Frosty
08-02-2006, 10:00 AM
...Hot Marine Biologist

Who liked to strip to her undies to swim

High school girls at pool parties....

Who wore tiny bikinis.

Why are the quality shows always the ones to get cancelled?

burt
08-02-2006, 01:30 PM

Who wore tiny bikinis.

I like the way that you think, but you forgot to mention..........

THE MONSTERS WERE NAKED!!!!!!!!!

Predarat
08-02-2006, 01:45 PM
They should have kept Dodgeball and might have if they hadnt screwed up the third season. They should have kept it but changed the rules back like they were in the first two seasons where you got to see all the teams play and the rules were like the dodgeball you played in school. In the third season they timed it into four quarters and you could come back into the game if you got out. Thats not the way dodgeball is, its cutthroat and when your done your done.

Rain Man
08-02-2006, 01:51 PM

Who wore tiny bikinis.

Off topic, but I was flipping through the channels last night, and the Spanish-language station had one of those Mexican soap operas on. This very comely wench was swimming around in an indoor swimming pool with a very tiny bikini on. Then the camera switched to a bar next to the pool, where some dude is standing with another very comely wench. Comely wench #2 then pulls off her clothes to reveal her own tiny bikini, leaps into the pool, and begins engaging in friendly horsplay with comely wench #1. They then apparently invited the dude in to join them, and he looked very stern and said, "No, gracias" and left. Since he didn't look old enough to be the father of the comely young wenches, I was quite disappointed in him, and to make it worse, the scene ended there.

Frosty
08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I like the way that you think, but you forgot to mention..........

THE MONSTERS WERE NAKED!!!!!!!!!

There were monsters?

listopencil
08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Not to mention the woman who played the "sensitivity" character was hot, IMO.

I'm pretty sure she also played the lesbian lover of Ross' exwife on Friends. Mmmmm...Come to think of it, didn't the woman who played Ross' exwife also have a part on Herman's Head? As the high maintainance secetary?

listopencil
08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure she also played the lesbian lover of Ross' exwife on Friends. Mmmmm...Come to think of it, didn't the woman who played Ross' exwife also have a part on Herman's Head? As the high maintainance secetary?

Looks like Ross' exwife was on Herman's Head but not her lover. Her lover, Susan, was played by Jessica Hecht. Ah well.

Bootlegged
08-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Night Court

Hardcastle & McCormick.

vailpass
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Mash
Cheers
Married with Children

big nasty kcnut
08-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Titus
Brisco county jr. with the legend bruce campbell.

patteeu
08-02-2006, 05:12 PM
X-files was cancelled before they told us wtf was going on.

Adept Havelock
08-02-2006, 05:23 PM

I thought the "Endgame" episode tied things up pretty well. :shrug:

It certainly removed any possible doubt that CSM didn't die. I think Chris Carter made his death so vivid because he was pissed no one believed he killed him off earlier in the show.

Frazod
08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Mash
Cheers
Married with Children

You must have misread the topic heading. All of the shows you listed languished too long, especially M*A*S*H, which languished WAY TOO LONG.

vailpass
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
You must have misread the topic heading. All of the shows you listed languished too long, especially M*A*S*H, which languished WAY TOO LONG.
Um, actualy that was exactly my point. Dry humor is hard to convey on the intraweb. Bj Honeycut? Please. Charles Emerson Winchester? Hell no!

Frazod
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Um, actualy that was exactly my point. Dry humor is hard to convey on the intraweb. Bj Honeycut? Please. Charles Emerson Winchester? Hell no!

Yes it is. :D

"Bob" Dobbs
08-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned WKRP in Cincinnati or Police Squad yet, so I will.

1adam1238
08-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I was so upset when Holmes and YoYo got cancelled.

patteeu
08-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned WKRP in Cincinnati or Police Squad yet, so I will.

Police Squad is really the only series mentioned in this thread that I can relate to. I was terribly disappointed when it was cancelled. I don't watch a lot of TV and I don't get cable/satellite, much less HBO so most of these other shows that have been mentioned are cancelled before I ever see them. I did buy the Firefly series on DVD based on ChiefsPlanet recommendations and loved it though.

SCChief
08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
That show was awesome. I also liked Forever Knight.

I loved Forever Knight.

The Crow
Witchblade (though I felt this one would have been better-produced by HBO).
Speaking of HBO... Spawn (cartoon series)

Now... does anyone remember an OLD show from the early 80s called Misfits of Science? I was only a kid then, but I remember this badass who could throw lightning in that show.

Deberg_1990
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Freaks and Geeks....Brilliant - Pefectly captured what is was like growing up in the early 80's...

Cupid- Yes people, Jeremy Piven was brilliant long before Entourage. The closest any show has ever come to being the "next Moonlighting" Where are the DVD's???

burt
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM

Baby, if you ever wondered,
wondered whatever became of me,
I'm livin on the air in Cinncinati
Cinncinati, WKRP...

BTW...Bailey Rocked

burt
08-02-2006, 07:39 PM
I loved Forever Knight.

The Crow
Witchblade (though I felt this one would have been better-produced by HBO).
Speaking of HBO... Spawn (cartoon series)

Now... does anyone remember an OLD show from the early 80s called Misfits of Science? I was only a kid then, but I remember this badass who could throw lightning in that show.

Spawn!!!!! Yeah, that was cool......

"Bob" Dobbs
08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Baby, if you ever wondered,
wondered whatever became of me,
I'm livin on the air in Cinncinati
Cinncinati, WKRP...

BTW...Bailey Rocked

Yes she did. MUCH hotter than Jennifer, IMO.

Frosty
08-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Freakylinks

a hipper X-Files

VonneMarie
08-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I must be the only Dark Angel fan...

Which is why it was canceled. :(
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/89/039_DARKANGELFRIDAY_1SIDED~Dark-Angel-Fridays-Posters.jpg

Baby Lee
08-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Courtney Cock-Arquette's BIG BREAK!!

big nasty kcnut
08-03-2006, 06:50 AM
I liked it vonnie but dark angel one thing is what happen to rest of america. I would liked to see max get in contact with other super agent like her who were good.

oaklandhater
08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Any one here ever Watch Dark Skies it was kinda of like the x files but set in the 40's and 50's it had the chick from voyager in it.

alanm
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
When Mulder left the show it was as good as dead anyway. :shake:

ChiefsFanatic
08-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Freaks and Geeks....Brilliant - Pefectly captured what is was like growing up in the early 80's...

Cupid- Yes people, Jeremy Piven was brilliant long before Entourage. The closest any show has ever come to being the "next Moonlighting" Where are the DVD's???

Cupid was awesome, and Paula Marshall was pretty hot, too.

KcMizzou
08-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Cupid- Yes people, Jeremy Piven was brilliant long before Entourage. The closest any show has ever come to being the "next Moonlighting" Where are the DVD's???That was a great show. Rep.

Chiefs Minor Satellite
08-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Slap Maxwell was a great show.

Quantum Leap is still in reruns on a few obscure cable channels.

KC Jones
04-05-2009, 09:17 AM
We just finished watching the firefly episodes after borrowing the DVDs from a friend. OMG! I am fucking pissed that a show that good could be canceled. What a bunch of fucking morons at Fox. Now I see what all the fuss was about.

morphius
04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
We just finished watching the firefly episodes after borrowing the DVDs from a friend. OMG! I am fucking pissed that a show that good could be canceled. What a bunch of fucking morons at Fox. Now I see what all the fuss was about.
I tried watching the first couple episodes when it was on and it just didn't stick with me, especially when they had put it up against the big Friday lineup that SciFi channel had at the time. Which I think hurt them pretty badly as well. When I had pneumonia they ended up playing them all on SciFi and it finally clicked with me as well, I now own the DVD set.

Jerm
04-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Jericho.

That show had so much friggin' potential.

unothadeal
04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBQ3HbB0c8Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBQ3HbB0c8Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WhitiE
04-05-2009, 11:35 AM
dunno if this was posted before but i wish they would show reruns of dinosaurs......

Delano
04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Pushing Daisies.

Great cast, great writing, great show.

blaise
04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Sports Night was great...

Here's two of my favorite shows from the 80's that got the plug pulled too soon (in my humble opinion):

Get a Life (starring Chris Elliot....the butler with the deformed hand in Scary Movie 2 for those of you less than 25 years old)

Sledgehammer (for those of you who remember this show: http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/alanspeaks.htm )

I agree on Get a Life, but not on Sports Night. It was just a little too smug I thought.

Fruit Ninja
04-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Still upset they canceled Traveler and Journeymen! lol

KCChiefsMan
04-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Jericho and Arrested Development made me want to cry when they got cancelled.

jidar
04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
I understand the Jericho love, but for me and I suspect a lot of people, the show lost all of it's interest as soon as they revealed what had happened to the country. It kind of ruined the last few episodes of s1 for me and I didn't even give season 2 a shot.

htismaqe
04-06-2009, 10:00 AM
I understand the Jericho love, but for me and I suspect a lot of people, the show lost all of it's interest as soon as they revealed what had happened to the country. It kind of ruined the last few episodes of s1 for me and I didn't even give season 2 a shot.

You weren't at all interested in WHO did it and WHY? I know I was.

Just knowing what happened was a small part of the puzzle.

oaklandhater
04-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Death Watch

TSCC and dollhouse :(

oaklandhater
04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Itís official. After a weeks of keeping our fingers crossed, the powers-that-be at NBC and DirecTV have hammered out an agreement for two more seasons of Friday Night Lights

you can take Friday light nights off the Death watch :(

More shit on TV.....

jidar
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Death Watch

TSCC and dollhouse :(

I never tried TSCC but I'm getting into Dollhouse.. I haven't missed an episode yet and I find my interest increasing week to week.

oaklandhater
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I never tried TSCC but I'm getting into Dollhouse.. I haven't missed an episode yet and I find my interest increasing week to week.

both shows have lost viewers each week :(

jidar
04-06-2009, 11:06 AM
both shows have lost viewers each week :(

I was just reading about this saturday night after I watched the last episode (tivo) and apparently the audience has remained stable the last few weeks.

Then just now I found this:

http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426236.html

Fox Leaning Toward 'Dollhouse' Renewal
But news not so good for 'Sarah Connor'

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Apr-05-2009
Source: Airlock Alpha

The Fox network is just a step away from shaking up its Friday lineup for the 2009-10 season, canning one show and considering a move to a new night for a second.

Let's hit the good news first. Airlock Alpha has learned that Fox is looking to give its struggling "Dollhouse" a second season, to see if it can grow some legs on a new night. Fox had originally intended "Dollhouse" to air Mondays with "24," but Fox instead decided to move "House" to that spot to replace "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," and to create sort of a genre theme night on Fridays.

The audience for "Dollhouse" are not exactly where Fox had hoped they would be, however, critical reaction to later episodes following its February premiere has grown more positive toward the series as it has had the chance to flesh itself out. Showrunner Joss Whedon had said ahead of its premiere that he had gone back to retool certain aspects of the show, including using a new premiere episode than what was originally planned, eventually canning what would have been the premiere.

The move seems to be an easy one for Fox. While the audience hasn't been as large as expected, it has instead remained stable. It's not a number that Fox uses, but "Dollhouse" carries a BlipNetwork Stability Index Rating of 92.0, better than every other network genre show currently on television outside of "Reaper" on The CW, which has a 94.7. A Stability Index Rating is the comparison of the show's highest overnight rating and its average overnight rating to see how much of its overall audience a show has retained.

Other factors in favor of the show continuing is that it's not as expensive as other Fox shows. Much of its upfront costs, including the construction of the elaborate set that is the dollhouse itself, were covered by funds that normally would've paid for a pilot (no pilot was made for "Dollhouse"). Also, while Whedon's Mutant Enemy Productions and star Eliza Dushku's Boston Diva Productions are tied to the series, 20th Century Fox Television is still the primary production company involved, which means its licensing fee is not as steep as it would be if the show was produced by another studio.

That, along with ratings, is one of the aspects killing "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." That show is set to end its second season April 10 after a 22-episode run, but its sophomore season has been nothing but a complete struggle.

After a so-so debut on Mondays and never finding its grip after that with audiences, Fox teetered on canceling the show until surprisingly deciding to give it a full-season pickup and moving it to Fridays as a lead-in to "Dollhouse." Rumors were that Warner Bros. Television, which produces the show, slashed its licensing fee to prompt a pickup as a way to help it promote its upcoming "Terminator: Salvation," which premieres May 21.

Once "Salvation" premieres, it seems Warner Bros. will have little use to keep "Sarah Connor" on the air, and likely will not continue to provide a licensing fee discount for a third season. That almost assuredly will allow Fox to make the move it normally would've done before New Year's, and that's cancel the show.

Last year, "Sarah Connor" had the worst Stability Index Rating of all network genre shows, mostly from its inflated series premiere following the National Football League playoffs. This year, it's Stability Index Rating is stronger, but out of 14 network genre show tracked by Airlock Alpha this season, "Sarah Connor" is ranked 13th. Only "Life On Mars" had a worse Stability Index Rating, mostly from its freefall following its move from Thursdays against "Eleventh Hour" to Wednesdays following "Lost."

Of course, none of this has been confirmed by Fox, so it should be treated as any rumor would, meaning information can change, or could even be wrong.

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET on Fox. "Dollhouse" airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.

Molitoth
04-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow. While Futurama is a great show, the comedic values are no comparison to Family Guy.... or else you just have a really different sense of humor.

oaklandhater
04-06-2009, 11:47 AM
the last few ep of dollhouse ratings

Episode 1 - 4.8 million, 2.0 in 18-49 demo.
Episode 2 - 4.3 million, 1.7 in 18-49 demo. 5% share.
Episode 3 - 4.2 million, 1.6 in 18-49 demo. 5% share.
Episode 4 - 3.5 million, 1.5 in 18-49 demo, 5% share.
Episode 5 - 4.3 million, 1.6 in 18-49 demo, 5% share.
Episode 6 - 4.1 million, 1.5 in 18-49 demo, 5% share.
Episode 7 - 3.9 million, 1.3 in 18-49 demo, 4% share. (In the finals it was 1.4 in 18-49 demo).
Episode 8 - 3.5 million, 1.4 in 18-49 demo, 5% share.

they are droping but no were near that of TSCC

Talisman
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Jericho and Arrested Development made me want to cry when they got cancelled.

You taste these tears. Taste my sad, Michael.

chiefs1111
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM

ROFL I always loved that

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I almost wish Heroes gets cancelled

Talisman
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I almost wish Heroes gets cancelled
I've been gone from CP for a while, but I think this is where I say "this."

I really liked the first season of Heroes. It was interesting to see the different people discovering their abilities and how their lives all intertwined. Then in started to go off the rails. They stranded Hiro in another time for way too long before bringing him back. Then they tried to be all clever making the heroes villains and vice versa. Here's a hint show writers: we want there to be a consistent evil character for us to root against. We don't want Silar to be rescuing cats from trees.

The plot was all over the place like someone had done a cat's cradle with the story threads and it just didn't work. We have three or four episodes of the latest season on Tivo, but keep finding other shows to catch up on instead.

Lost has definitely zig zagged its plot all over the place, but for some reason it still keeps us watching. It's cleverly done and there are still some twists and "Ah ha!" moments.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Here's a hint show writers: we want there to be a consistent evil character for us to root against. We don't want Silar to be rescuing cats from trees.

Speak for yourself.

Talisman
04-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Speak for yourself.

Cat lover, huh?

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Cat lover, huh?

No, but I definitely like the fact that you can't ever really tell where everybody stands.

I mean, I love a good classic story, like Lord of the Rings, where you know who is good and who is bad.

But I also enjoy, from time to time, a story that makes you wonder about people's motives. Especially when you think you've got someone figured out and they do something antithetical. Some of the characters (ie. Noah Bennett) in Heroes have gone back and forth MULTIPLE times, which I like.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 11:36 AM
By the way, if you haven't watched last night's episode, you probably don't have much of a clue what I'm talking about.

Talisman
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
No, but I definitely like the fact that you can't ever really tell where everybody stands.

I mean, I love a good classic story, like Lord of the Rings, where you know who is good and who is bad.

But I also enjoy, from time to time, a story that makes you wonder about people's motives. Especially when you think you've got someone figured out and they do something antithetical. Some of the characters (ie. Noah Bennett) in Heroes have gone back and forth MULTIPLE times, which I like.

I agree with that. I like Noah's character. He always seemed to be the is-he-good-or-is-he-bad character on the show. So why do we need a ton of them all at once? I don't know, the wife and I just didn't connect with that part of the story line and although I usually multitask while watching shows, my attention started to swing more towards the internet or project I was working on instead of the show.

But then they'd throw in a Hiro scene where there's reading I have to do... Dagnabbit! If I wanted to do this much reading, I'd have bought Heroes the book.*

* I actually like when a show uses subtitles so that characters are interacting in their original language and not speaking English just because that's the viewers first language i.e. 24 - when the prime minister (or whatever he is) and his wife are stuck in the safe room and for some reason they are having a life and death conversation in English.

Talisman
04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
By the way, if you haven't watched last night's episode, you probably don't have much of a clue what I'm talking about.
Nah, we're about 4 episodes behind right now. If we don't have an episode of [in no particular order] Lost, The Office, *cough* American Idol, 24, House, *cough* Grey's Anatomy, Fringe, The Amazing Race, or we aren't catching up on something via Netflix like 30 Rock, then we'll watch Heroes. It used to rank higher on the list.

htismaqe
04-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Nah, we're about 4 episodes behind right now. If we don't have an episode of [in no particular order] Lost, The Office, *cough* American Idol, 24, House, *cough* Grey's Anatomy, Fringe, The Amazing Race, or we aren't catching up on something via Netflix like 30 Rock, then we'll watch Heroes. It used to rank higher on the list.

Yeah, I don't DVR nearly that many shows. We pretty much watch House and Heroes and that's about it.

Talisman
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I might even be confused as to what it is that soured me on Heroes because I'm all for rooting for the bad guy. Two shows I really like are The Shield and Dexter where the main characters are a dirty cop and a serial killer, but man are they fun to watch each episode, hoping that they don't get caught.

OmahaChief
04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Jericho.

That show had so much friggin' potential.

I could not agree more. This was my favorite new show in years. NBC is making a show that seems to have somewhat of a similar premise. The name is Day One I believe.

keg in kc
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I was just reading about this saturday night after I watched the last episode (tivo) and apparently the audience has remained stable the last few weeks.

Then just now I found this:

http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426236.htmlApparently they're not airing the season finale. Which is not a good sign.

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Apparently they're not airing the season finale. Which is not a good sign.

Moving TSCC to Friday was the kiss of death.

Their biggest demographic is usually out on Friday night.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Deberg_1990
04-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Moving TSCC to Friday was the kiss of death.

Their biggest demographic is usually out on Friday night.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Very true. Id love to know how Nielson takes into account DVR's and internet sites like Hulu though?? These days, that has to make up a HUGE portion of a shows audience.

jidar
04-09-2009, 02:56 PM

ARGGHHHHHH

Miles
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM

That is a pretty dick move. If they are going to can it just get on with it rather than holding out the final episode of the series for DVD sales.

Deberg_1990
04-09-2009, 05:09 PM
That is a pretty dick move. If they are going to can it just get on with it rather than holding out the final episode of the series for DVD sales.

no, a smart one from a business perspective.

They know it will boost DVD box set sales.

vailpass
04-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Rome

ZootedGranny
04-09-2009, 07:20 PM
The only two shows that come to mind for me are Arrested Development and Lucky Louie.

My pipedream would be for some of these networks take a cue from the UK and start having shorter runs for their shows.

MTG#10
04-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Sifl and Olly

Deadwood

Firefly

chiefs1111
04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Deadwood
Quantum Leap
Firefly

modocsot
04-14-2009, 02:20 PM
The Riches

DaneMcCloud
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Rome

Kevin McKidd

:D

morphius
04-14-2009, 06:37 PM
I lost interest a few weeks in, I enjoy catching reruns, but I just never got into it.

Nightwish
04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Firefly was cool, wish it had run longer.

2.futurama beats family guy any day
I never got into this one. I never got into the Simpsons either, which might explain things.

Awesome show. It's sad it cut off when it did. They made a movie later to wrap it up, but the movie kind of sucked (though George's little sister, mostly grown up, was looking kinda hot).

This show was hit and miss. Some good eps, some crappy ones. I was neither elated nor pissed when it got canned.

5.Jhon Doe One of fox better shows
This one had potential, but they didn't exploit it like they could have.

I've never heard of Carnivale. Deadwood was one boring-ass show.

7.First Wave canada's x-files
Never saw it.

8.Farscape sci fi was to cheap to keep on makeing it
It started off cool, but eventually they just ran out of interesting storylines. It was nice to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black reunited on SG1, though. And I've got some nice nudes of Gigi Edgley somewhere on this computer.

9.Deadwood see #6
See #6.

10.Quantum leap a show that had the ability to run forever, at least I have sci fi new Quantum leap to look foward to.
Very cool show, and it could have run forever. Fortunately, it ran quite awhile, and there are plenty of reruns to keep us entertained.

Friendo
04-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Slap Maxwell was a great show.

agreed--did you ever catch Buffalo Bill? Coleman is under-appreciated imo.

Rausch
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
"V" is once again relevant.

Honestly, we need more lizard-tonsil-deep-throating....