PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs | Black working at guard

recxjake
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Chiefs | Black working at guard
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:35:42 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City OT Jordan Black has been working with the first team at guard.

Turley, Brian, Casey, Will/Black, Will/Samp

Bootlegged
08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Black rocks.

RedThat
08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
This is good news.

That is where he needs to be.

StcChief
08-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Guard is his best... Position. Keep him away from LT/RT.

recxjake
08-01-2006, 12:43 PM
he must be better then peter heyer

the Talking Can
08-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Green's tears of joy...

Sure-Oz
08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Black's an athlete!!

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Clearly, Black is a better athlete because he's...wait...Black is white?

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Great news. After watching him pancake Ray-Ray, it was pretty obvious he needed to play guard.

pr_capone
08-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Clearly, Black is a better athlete because he's...wait...Black is white?
ROFL

At least he has "Black" in his name.... that should count for at least a 35% increase in athletic ability!

sedated
08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Chiefs | Black working at guard
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:35:42 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City OT Jordan Black has been working with the first team at guard.

Turley, Brian, Casey, Will/Black, Will/Samp

I hope this is just a sh!tty attempt to indicate Svitek, and not Shields

Inspector
08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I cringe when I hear anything that makes me think Black will be on the field, however with him at guard I can avoid panic a little easier.

recxjake
08-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I hope this is just a sh!tty attempt to indicate Svitek, and not Shields

yes, i dont like saying sviteck

MOhillbilly
08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
svitek must be having a good couple first days or samson didnt gain any eye foot coordination during the off season.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 01:37 PM
good news ...

a good feel about some thing so far

1. Hali is getting big reps at DE ... evidently they are smart enough to know that Hicks isn't "da man" (or hicks just doesn't have photos to blackmail Edwards like he did vermeil)

2. surtain/Law are going to matchup ... i mean WTF, how long does it take to figure out that it's a good idea. Finally a coaching staff that has a clue.

3. took all of 2 seconds for them to move Black into the Guard position. woo woo :clap:

still don't like no free safety/strong safety. to me you need one that specializes in pass coverage and one that hits the run hard. :shrug:

Moooo
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
ROFL

At least he has "Black" in his name.... that should count for at least a 35% increase in athletic ability!

Enter Frank White?

Moooo

John_Wayne
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Guard is his best... Position. Keep him away from LT/RT. AMEN!!

pr_capone
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Enter Frank White?

Moooo

My point exactly.... he was a damn good player but his last name dragged him down.

Imagine if his last name had been Whitlock! Aarons HR record would have been shattered YEARS ago. Not to mention a perfect fielding percentage for his entire career!

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
still don't like no free safety/strong safety. to me you need one that specializes in pass coverage and one that hits the run hard. :shrug:I don't see why it would matter. If you want someone who specializes in pass coverage, put another corner back there. If you want just a hitter, put a linebacker back there. If you want both, put a safety back there; that's what they do.

Mecca
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
good news ...

a good feel about some thing so far

1. Hali is getting big reps at DE ... evidently they are smart enough to know that Hicks isn't "da man" (or hicks just doesn't have photos to blackmail Edwards like he did vermeil)

2. surtain/Law are going to matchup ... i mean WTF, how long does it take to figure out that it's a good idea. Finally a coaching staff that has a clue.

3. took all of 2 seconds for them to move Black into the Guard position. woo woo :clap:

still don't like no free safety/strong safety. to me you need one that specializes in pass coverage and one that hits the run hard. :shrug:

I think the only reason they're doing that with the safeties is well yes when you have FS and SS they switch due to strong and weak sides and such but right now......say Page makes our roster and we have Wesley,Page,Knight,Pollard. All 4 of them are basically SS's so until the Chiefs get some true FS's I can see why they are doing what they're doing.

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Keep Black at guard. What a notion, play guys at the position they were drafted into the NFL at....

Coach
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Smart move by the Chiefs coaches.

Now just keep him there, and don't jerk him around to the T position.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I think the only reason they're doing that with the safeties is well yes when you have FS and SS they switch due to strong and weak sides and such but right now......say Page makes our roster and we have Wesley,Page,Knight,Pollard. All 4 of them are basically SS's so until the Chiefs get some true FS's I can see why they are doing what they're doing.
but then it comes up to the draft and they draft another strong safetie and say "we don't specialize at the safety position"

didn't we just draft 2 or 3 more strong safeties this year?

sounds like someone needs to pull their head out and decide that the free safety position is actually important enough to treat as such.