PDA

View Full Version : My third day at Practice...

Shootr
08-01-2006, 07:47 PM
As we know, rain moved the practice indoors this morning. Practice was outside this afternoon in a light rain. Again, however, they had most of the practice on the middle field which makes viewing more difficult, but here is what I took from practice:

1. The starting OL today wa Turley, Black, Wiegman, Shields, Sampson. The second team tackles were Black at LT and Svitek at RT.
Turley continues to look pretty solid. I am starting to feel pretty comfortable with Turley.

2. Kendrell Bell is playing pretty good ball. He is playing strong and physical, he has laid some pretty good licks on a few guys. Maybe health was still an issue for him last season.

3. I have seen Jarrad Paige make 3 or 4 picks. They have all come on tipped balls, but he keeps showing up in the right place at the right time.
Pollard has also been solid. However, I think Wesley and Knights jobs are safe for now.

4. Ron Edwards is a big dude. Both he and Reed have been getting a pretty good push, although it usually is against the second team guys.

5. Nathaniel Curry continues to make plays. He is often very open and has caught everything I have seen thrown at him. He looks pretty small, though. I don't know where he fits on this team, but he seems to be a pretty good football player.

6. Practice finished with a 30 second drill. Offense gets the ball at midfield with one time-out and down 3 pts. Trent got the offense down to about the 20 and spiked the ball to bring on the FG unit. Huard's offense stalled about the 35 yd line. Printers offense got the ball to about the 25 or 30 with one second left. On the last play, Printers scrambled to his right and lobbed a ball to the back of the endzone. #85(his name escapes me at the moment, but he is a rookie from Mich St.) went up over two defenders and hauled n the TD. It was a spectacular pass and catch. A nightmare for a Defense, but an amazing play for the rooks.

7. Croyle was not in pads today.

My intentions are to go to practice in the morning and head back to KC, but is supposed to rain 2+ inches tonight and more in the morning. I overheard someone talking to Bob Moore and he said they are already anticipating being indoors in the morning, that is why they practiced in the light rain this afternoon. Sadly, I think this afternoon was my last practice.

tk13
08-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Well if it is, thank for the updates, they've been very informative.

Everybody should be loading this guy's rep box thanking him for his reports.

the Talking Can
08-01-2006, 08:08 PM
good stuff...rep forever...

milkman
08-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Done.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM

I agree. Great stuff that you never get to hear from the professional journalist.

OldTownChief
08-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Great reports. I'll miss them.

Cochise
08-01-2006, 08:34 PM
great firsthand info from camp, infinite rep

go bowe
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM
yeah, thanks shootr...

TrebMaxx
08-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, thanks for that info. I hope you get to see one more practice.

morphius
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Well done, and thanks!

OnTheWarpath58
08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Great work.

No promises, but I'm tentatively planning to attend Monday-Thursday of next week leading up to the Texans game.

I'll be glad to try to keep up the good work for CP. (If I end up making the trip)

Iowanian
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Good Stuff Shootr....Good stuff.

Fish
08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Shootr..... thanks again for your updates. I've looked forward to these each day of camp, and shall you find yourself in KC sometime soon, I'll buy you a beer for relaying this info.

Rain coolin things off up there?

CHENZ A!
08-01-2006, 10:04 PM
"Printers offense got the ball to about the 25 or 30 with one second left. On the last play, Printers scrambled to his right and lobbed a ball to the back of the endzone. #85(his name escapes me at the moment, but he is a rookie from Mich St.) went up over two defenders and hauled n the TD. It was a spectacular pass and catch. A nightmare for a Defense, but an amazing play for the rooks."

This must be the picture in the other thread where he is running around with a big smile giving the #1. I can't wait to see this guy play.

chief2000
08-01-2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kyle_brown/

Chieftain58
08-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Great Job

blueballs
08-02-2006, 12:23 AM
I would rep you but according to KCChiefsfan88
you're Carl's lapdog

greg63
08-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the run down. :thumb:

big nasty kcnut
08-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Awesome job.

KCTitus
08-02-2006, 06:08 AM
I would rep you but according to KCChiefsfan88
you're Carl's lapdog

ROFL...

Thanks for taking the time to write these up. Good to hear that Turley is holding his own. We can only pray that his back holds up throughout the season.

StcChief
08-02-2006, 06:55 AM
nice work. Shootr glad you had a good time.