PDA

View Full Version : So, we're going into the season with ONE, unproven FB?

John_Wayne
08-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Usually we carry two FB's.

Does this mean that the FB responsibilities in the offense are being reduced?

Does this mean that Kris Wilson's role will expand and he'll be used as a FB more?

StcChief
08-02-2006, 08:25 AM
change in the way we run the ball.
Wilson, Dunn, Cruz will try and carry the TRich load.
Props if it works, call me skeptical at this point.

Sounds like reporters question for Solari

cdcox
08-02-2006, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a backup lineman in the backfield in goal line situations.

FB only was in for like 40% of plays last year. I do think it will go down from there.

CoMoChief
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Ronnie Cruz has been doing good so far in camp from what I hear.

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Didn't the Chiefs draft a Slaughter, FB out of Auburn this year?

Why yes, they did.

I anxiously await this year's rendition of guntherfan's rejected penthouse letters from training camp.

Phobia
08-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Cruz is an awesome athlete. He does a good job of blocking, has good strength, and has the quickness of a RB. I'm not worried about him as long as he can stay healthy.

KCTitus
08-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Oh sure...now you listen.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 08:50 AM
We're currently carrying 2 FB's. The fact that they aren't proven means nothing. Tony Richardson was an udrafted rookie at one time.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Didn't the Chiefs draft a Slaughter, FB out of Auburn this year?

Why yes, they did.

I anxiously await this year's rendition of guntherfan's rejected penthouse letters from training camp.

Slaughter is gone already, they cut him.

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 08:58 AM
I did not know that.....but that doesn't negate my hope to see another near softcore experience at TC by Tonygonfrequiloshowfan.

KCTitus
08-02-2006, 08:58 AM
...Tony Richardson was an udrafted rookie at one time.

Can you believe Carl passed on that guy?

Mr. Laz
08-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Slaughter is gone already, they cut him.
hush ... you'll ruin Ioweenies' perfectly good sarcastic jab.

Braincase
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Kris Wilson is proven....proven that he can cash a paycheck

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 09:13 AM
hush ... you'll ruin Ioweenies' perfectly good sarcastic jab.

Gunther_Phoney deserves all the sarcastic jabs he gets...

Cochise
08-02-2006, 09:32 AM
If Carl doesn't trade for a Pro Bowl FB, you are all just drinking the koolaide

John_Wayne
08-02-2006, 09:42 AM
I did not know that.....but that doesn't negate my hope to see another near softcore experience at TC by Tonygonfrequiloshowfan.

"Slaughter is gone already, they cut him."

No apology from Iowanian? No, just a lame twist to your original statement to cover your ass. Weak........very weak. :shake:

MGRS13
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
If Cruz is half as good as T Rich I'll take it. Replaceing T Rich without missing a beat is a little much to ask for an unproven second year guy. Lets at least wait till we see him in preseason being "the guy" before we throw him to the wolves.

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 09:52 AM

No apology from Iowanian? No, just a lame twist to your original statement to cover your ass. Weak........very weak. :shake:

You sound mighty refreshed after that spoon from Liz.

Why in the hell would I apologize for not knowing a player was cut? I made a single error, and you've got a half decade of world class dipshittery.

If anyone should apologize, I'd think it would be you to the world for that Moustache, chachi.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Almost as lame as creating 14 usernames in an effort to hide after embarrassing yourself...

John_Wayne
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Why in the hell would I apologize for not knowing a player was cut? Because you would be a hypocrite if you didn't. Whatever. I don't care. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Its obvious that you don't care.....Obvious from your 2 posts and private note on the subject.

Get back to me when I'm the dipshit on my 14th user name.

Considering the extreme amount of thought you put into the topic header and initial post, I can see why you're disheartened by my lack of sincerity.

Was I incorrect about Slaughter? yes. Does that correct the issue of you being a mental wet fart? no.

Brock
08-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Did he go whining to a mod again about his rep?

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Did he go whining to a mod again about his rep?

Not that I know of.

IMO, he made his bed...

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
How I long for the days of the pms and rep comments from gunther_fan'snameofthemonth
"hey, i'll rep you, you rep me, OK"

Brock
08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
ROFL

Jenson71
08-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Can you believe Carl passed on that guy?
How I long for the days of the pms and rep comments from gunther_fan'snameofthemonth

ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
08-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm guessing if Kris Wilson actually shows up beyond training camp this year he'll be used as an H-back. Best case scenario he becomes a Chris Cooley type-guy. If he does then it's a huge bonus in my eyes. I've pretty much given up hope on our two second rounders from that year.

MGRS13
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I've pretty much given up hope on our two second rounders from that year.
I pretty much give up on our second round pick every year. Last good one was who? Grunny? That was a long time ago.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I pretty much give up on our second round pick every year. Last good one was who? Grunny? That was a long time ago.

Kawika Mitchell.

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I like the 2nd round pick from this year.
He hasn't proven anything yet, but I think
he'll be a contributor this year and a starter
next.

As for FB...the Chiefs only dress 1 anyway. Everyone indicates that Cruz is doing great. Trich was also an unknown, whom fans said "who the hell is he? whoaaahisme, Kimble Anders and Donell Bennet are gone"

I do think Wilson will be employed more as an Hback...

MGRS13
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Kawika Mitchell.
Aww.. you are correct sir. Would like to see him really break out this year, all he has to do is build on what he did last year.

Iowanian
08-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Ironically....MOST of us were calling for Mitchell's head at this time last year. I don't remember anyone thinking he'd do as well last year as he did.

Gunther DID do a good job with him last offseason.

Yes.
"Merry Christmas, rep me back"

milkman
08-02-2006, 11:35 AM

Dumbass just repped me a couple days ago with the "return the favor" line.

He clearly doesn't know me if he thinks I'm going to play that juvinile game.

I almost neg repped him for it.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 12:02 PM
I think we'll be fine with Cruz. We're gonna miss TRich's locker room presence much more than his play on the field. And I think we're gonna get that back from guys like Ty Law. So we just need a FB that can put a shoulder into somebody.

Cochise
08-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Dumbass just repped me a couple days ago with the "return the favor" line...I almost neg repped him for it.

I took care of it for ya.

Darien25
08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I think we'll be fine with Cruz. We're gonna miss TRich's locker room presence much more than his play on the field. And I think we're gonna get that back from guys like Ty Law. So we just need a FB that can put a shoulder into somebody.

Anyone know anything about J.R. Niklos, second year FB from Western Illinois? Probably just training camp fodder but this guy is huge and could definitely put a shoulder into somebody. Appears to be built more like a DE than FB.

tk13
08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Cruz is gonna hurt people. LB's across the league will be Cruzing for a bruising. The bandwagon forms behind me.

milkman
08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Cruz is gonna hurt people. LB's across the league will be Cruzing for a bruising. The bandwagon forms behind me.

With Ronnie in front, LJ will be Cruzing into the end zone.