PDA

View Full Version : ? to someone that goes to the games regarding Slymo....

mlyonsd
12-11-2000, 12:57 PM
The Chiefs are playing so badly my local station did not carry them against Carolina.

I'd like to know how someone that goes to the games and can see the coverage on Slymo feels about him. Yesterday he had 4 catches for 38 yards but it seems to me that he has been MIA since the first SD game.

Is it that he is never open, runs poor routes, or does Grbac ignore him for the most part? I would also like to know how often he runs deep routes.

The good news is we are finally playing a #1 pick but I would like to know if he will ever become our #1 WR.

KCJohnny
12-11-2000, 01:12 PM
He's running a lot of possession routes and underneath stuff. He is getting about 2 deep balls per game, but the timing the EG has with DA is just not there yet. Morris would be better used in the deeper routes IMO and let Lockett get the posession routes.
Morris will eventually be great, but he has some work to do to get his timing down with Elvis.
KCJ
Just the view from TV, not the 50 yd line

Phobia
12-11-2000, 01:14 PM
I don't think Elvis & Sly have that rapport yet. You see a lot of balls thrown to Sly behind him, over/underthrown, wrong side, etc. I don't see this with Lockett, Gonzo, Alexander. That tells me Sly doesn't know his routes yet. Elvis can't depend on him to be where he throws the ball so he just doesn't throw it unless he's the only open outlet. It's really as simple as that.

KCJohnny
12-11-2000, 01:20 PM
The good news is, that can change with time. I predict that Sly will find ways to get open and EG will get his timing down with him. Still, they did have some early success with the randy Moss style of 'just throw it up and I'll go get it' type connections.
KCJ
Sees the potential for something awesome

mlyonsd
12-11-2000, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the insight, from my viewpoint (South Dakota) it looks to me like Sly is Elvis's third choice.