PDA

View Full Version : Saw "The Descent" Lastnight

AZORChiefFan
08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
This is the follow up movie from Neil Marshall the director of "Dog Soldiers".

What an intense movie, lots of gore, claustorphobia, alot of 'jump scares' and so much more. The women embark on a cave exploring trip and thanks to their friend they end up exploring a cave they weren't prepared for.

There was some crappy movie called 'The Cave' that came out last year. This movie was also to come out last year but I believe the studio put off releasing it so the movies woudln't be confused.

It's a throwback to older horror/suspense movies. Creatures that are actually played by humans and not pixels. Oh yeah and tons of gore.

IMDB link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/)

phisherman
08-02-2006, 11:53 AM
this movie was already released in england last year..

you can buy it on amazon.co.uk

the england version supposedly has a very different ending and the american ending is supposed to be much more "american-meaning happy ending"

bp

AZORChiefFan
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
this movie was already released in england last year..

you can buy it on amazon.co.uk

the england version supposedly has a very different ending and the american ending is supposed to be much more "american-meaning happy ending"

bp

I know had it not been for 'the Cave' this movie would have already been out here as well.

As for the ending it's pretty messed up now. Don't know if I would call it 'happy'.

Adept Havelock
08-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Any ties to the book by Jeff Long by the same name? Pretty good read, IMO.

beer bacon
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I wish they would just make a movie adaptation of House of Leaves

Adept Havelock
08-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I wish they would just make a movie adaptation of House of Leaves

Great book, but I'm not sure that's possible. I'm not sure it would translate to film.

Of course, people said that about LOTR before Peter Jackson came along and did it. :shrug:

beer bacon
08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Great book, but I'm not sure that's possible. I'm not sure it would translate to film.

Of course, people said that about LOTR before Peter Jackson came along and did it. :shrug:

I think if they just focused on the story line that was just about the house they could do it. I don't know how they could include the psychotic stoner guy from California and still make it work. It would be interesting to see how they handled it.

headsnap
08-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Any ties to the book by Jeff Long by the same name? Pretty good read, IMO.
apparently, the answer is yes and no. Pretty dissappointing, I liked the book.

Adept Havelock
08-02-2006, 05:42 PM
apparently, the answer is yes and no. Pretty dissappointing, I liked the book.

Thanks for the warning. I'll wait for the DVD. I think that book would make a heck of a flick...or more likely, miniseries. Great concept. Leave it to the film industry to turn it into a cheesy horror flick.

AZORChiefFan
08-02-2006, 06:45 PM
After reading a synapsis of the book.

They both are alike in that there is a cave and creatures. That's about it. Oh and they both share the same name.

The director wrote the screenplay.