PDA

View Full Version : Your very own HOF Ballot

cdcox
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Interesting HOF discussion on Football Outsiders today. Niether of these chumps think DT should make it. Anyway, it inspired me to make a poll for HOF candidates over the next 10 years or so. Guys like Rice, Farve, and Faulk weren't really up for discussion, so they aren't on your ballot. Assume they get in. Here are the candidates they discussed.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/08/02/ramblings/4056/

cdcox
08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I voted for:

Tim Brown
Cris Carter
Art Monk
Shannon Sharpe*
Thruman Thomas
Derrick Thomas
Ray Lewis
Deion Sanders
Juniour Seau
Michael Strahan
Will Shields
Larry Allen
John Ogden
Willie Roaf
Dick Vermeil
Bill Parcels
Bill Belichick
Bill Cowher
Mike Shanahan*
Paul Tagliabue
Ed Sabol

DJJasonp
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I cant believe you voted for Sharpe!

If writers who vote for the HOF in real life can be biased - so can I...

I was tougher:
Roaf
Belichek
DT
Shields
Cris carter
Junior Seau
Cowher
Tagliabue

Rain Man
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Don't they vote in about 4 a year? That would mean that about 40 guys should get in, not counting the old-timers.

I'm really picky about who should be in the Hall of Fame. I don't really care about guys who put up big numbers just because they were average or above average for a long time. At the same time, I think a guy has to have a certain tenure of high production to be eligible, too.

Certainly, more guys will make than I'm picking, but of that group I think the deserving guys are (in descending order):

Paul Tagliabue
Larry Allen
Deion Sanders
Willie Roaf
Bill Parcells
Will Shields
Derrick Thomas
Shannon Sharpe (retch, heave, heave)
Orlando Pace
Brian Dawkins
Jonathan Ogden

Many of the others had good stats and lots of Pro Bowls, but they never scared me when the Chiefs were playing them. Tim Brown? Yawn. Art Monk? Whatever. Tom Nalen? Cheaters not allowed (other than Sharpe). Cris Carter, Seau, and Belichick might be borderline.

Rain Man
08-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Tagliabue and Larry Allen should be getting a lot more support than they're getting, in my opinion.

NJ Chief Fan
08-02-2006, 05:00 PM
im just gonna list people unworthy

TD
shannon sharpe
ricky waters
john lynch
tom nalen
john ogden
bill cowher
the rat
marty
ed sabol

cdcox
08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Let me put in a plug for Ed Sabol, the founder of NFL films. Those films lifted the NFL from a game to the status of myth and legend. One of the most influential marketing efforts of all time. NFL films is recognized as one of the pillars upon which the NFL ascended to the top of all sports.

Flustrated
08-02-2006, 06:09 PM
OMG! I can't vote for Neil Smith?????

DuDe!!!!! FIX IT IT'S BROKE :cuss:

Rain Man
08-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Good point about Ed Sabol. I was thinking of Steve Sabol. Those films really are works of art. I loved watching them when I was a kid, and I still love them today.

John Facenda..."...the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field..."

cdcox
08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
OMG! I can't vote for Neil Smith?????

DuDe!!!!! FIX IT IT'S BROKE :cuss:

Their are enough Donkies on the list already.