PDA

View Full Version : Baby let me be, your lovin' teddy bearRRRIIIPPP!!!

4th and Long
08-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Elvis' Teddy Bear Chewed Up By Museum Guard Dog

LONDON -- Mabel, the teddy bear once cuddled by Elvis, is all chewed up.

A Doberman pinscher named Barney ripped Mabel's head off at the Wookey Hole Caves (http://www.wookey.co.uk/) children's museum near Wells, England. Barney was supposed to be guarding hundreds of rare bears, but the museum's general manager Daniel Medley said "he just went berserk."

Barney chewed up all the bears, worth nearly $1 million. :eek:

Medley has spoken to the man who donated Elvis' bear to the collection and he said the man is "not very pleased at all." The bear was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff.

A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.

stevieray
08-02-2006, 08:09 PM
What a Hound Dog!

Grooooaaaaaan.

milkman
08-02-2006, 08:14 PM
What a Hound Dog!

Grooooaaaaaan.

You know what's sad.

I was going to go there too.

milkman
08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Elvis' Teddy Bear Chewed Up By Museum Guard Dog

A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.

If the guard's last name had been Wesley, this report would have lost all credibility.

el borracho
08-02-2006, 08:17 PM
A doberman guarding irreplaceable valuables? Sounds like the plot to an episode of 'Simon and Simon' or something.

Rain Man
08-02-2006, 08:18 PM
You very seldom hear about dogs going berserk in museums and destroying Elvis memorabilia.

4th and Long
08-02-2006, 08:24 PM
If the guard's last name had been Wesley, this report would have lost all credibility.
ROFL

I was originally going to find some kind of Purple Dinosaur joke to make, what, with the guard dog being named Barney and all. Then I realized the potential for a hound dog joke and just went with the Elvis lyrics instead. The first person to reply to the thread, combined with the hound dog reference, made it all worth wild for me. :D