PDA

View Full Version : HyperliteZO6's TC Quick Hits Afternoon Aug 2

hypersensitiveZO6
08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Today was my first day at training camp. I was lucky enough to arrive early enough to see the afternoon practice. I'm just going to give my thoughts of what I saw.

QBs

Damon Huard is absolutely horrible. He fell on his ass without being touched and got laughed at. In my opinion, if Trent goes down, own team is screwed enough it won't matter who is back there. But Printers got a good deal of the reps today. He looked pretty decent also. I didn't see Croyle get one rep in the eleven on eleven or seven on seven.

Trent was solid as ever.

WR/TE

Eddie Kennison was in camp and started. Didn't get a lot of balls thrown, but looked pretty good. Samie and Dante got the majority of the throws. Parker is quicker on his routes this year and made a some nice glabs. He seemed to be using his speed much more effectively than in past years.I thought Hall was on the offense a little too much, but when he was out there, was successful. Thorpe was pretty good also. Dante is about the only one I actually saw having a good time at camp. Tony acted like a premadona just about the whole time; complained about not getting passed to, and only got about one pass. Kris Wilson (secret weapn) had one great catch. Jason Dunn didn't play very much, but he is the huge. He looks like the biggest guy on the field. He made 6,4 Trent Green look like a tiny man. ROFL

Offensive Line/Defensive Line

I couldn't really see that well, but I did watch Turley. He was doing an excellent job, IMO; held up his spot about the whole practice, but Allen wasn't playing that much. The real story was Ryan Sims. I thought he really did an excellent job. He looked like an absolute beast. There were occasional cheers of from the players watching from the sideline. That about all I payed attention to.

LBs

The only LB that really stood out was DJ; stold a pass from Tony G. I looked for Bell, but didn't see him that much. Boomer looked strong.

DBs

I had a clear view of Ty Law and he didn't get a lot of passes his way. He looked a little shakey about where he should be, but that's expected. Pat Surtain got one interception, I think. (couldn't tell).

K

LT made all his FGs.

That's all I got. Take what you want from this.

hyperliteZO6

Guru
08-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Trent acted like a primadonna? NFW

Rudy lost the toss
08-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Im assuming you meant Tony

NJ Chief Fan
08-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Trent acted like a primadonna? NFW
i think he meant t-goat

hypersensitiveZO6
08-02-2006, 11:07 PM
I meant Tony G. He started bitchen after derrick johnson knocked the ball out of his hands.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-02-2006, 11:09 PM
For RBs, the LJ was the only one who looked halfway decent.

I give you guys an update on Bennett when he arrives and starts practicing.

morphius
08-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Nice work and thank you!

morphius
loves this stuff.

the Talking Can
08-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Parker's one clear talent is in getting separation (DV!)...he always has space between him and the CB....if he can just catch consistently he will have a great year....how different would that game at Denver have been if he catches that first pass! wide open...no one to stop him....arrrghhh

glad to hear about Sims...nothing I can do but hope it is all true

thanks for the report

milkman
08-02-2006, 11:15 PM
For RBs, the LJ was the only one who looked halfway decent.

I give you guys an update on Bennett when he arrives and starts practicing.

So he's "The LJ" now.

Interesting.

morphius
08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Are they keeping Hall in motion so that he gets a free release from the LoS?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Are they keeping Hall in motion so that he gets a free release from the LoS?

Yes, they did that several times.

htismaqe
08-03-2006, 11:47 AM
How objective are you attempting to be on Huard?

Most reports I've read (including Shootr's) said he's clearly the 2nd-best QB at camp...

KCTitus
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
No report on Scanlon? WTF?

donkhater
08-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Parker's one clear talent is in getting separation (DV!)...he always has space between him and the CB....if he can just catch consistently he will have a great year....how different would that game at Denver have been if he catches that first pass! wide open...no one to stop him....arrrghhh

I honestly don't know where these comments about Parker comes from. You aren't the first one. There isn't a WR on a roster ANYWHERE that hasn't dropped at least some passes, but I haven't seen anything habitual from Parker to warrant a 'bad hands' label.

Now if you wanted to say his work ethic and intensity needs to improve and he needs to not fumble at key moments (see at Oakland, at NYG) then I'd agree with you (seems to be a theme among all our WRs). But he runs routes and catches the ball just fine from what I've seen.

Shootr
08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
How objective are you attempting to be on Huard?

Most reports I've read (including Shootr's) said he's clearly the 2nd-best QB at camp...
He probably has gone into camp with the same bias I had. My first camp post said "Huard sucks". Once you watch him a couple days, you realize he is the least talented of the backups, but he is the most comfortable and has the best grasp of the offense. A year from now, I would expect Printers and Croyle to clearly be the better quarterbacks, but if Trent were to go down in week 1, I think Huard is the guy.

htismaqe
08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
He probably has gone into camp with the same bias I had. My first camp post said "Huard sucks". Once you watch him a couple days, you realize he is the least talented of the backups, but he is the most comfortable and has the best grasp of the offense. A year from now, I would expect Printers and Croyle to clearly be the better quarterbacks, but if Trent were to go down in week 1, I think Huard is the guy.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.