PDA

View Full Version : WTF? No extra kickers at camp?

SNR
08-03-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm a Tynes fan, and I find it displeasing that we haven't brought in any extra kickers to promote competition. No kickers, and no punters, either. Personally, Colquitt COULD use someone riding his ass in an effort to get better. He was a rookie last year, and needs to improve a bit.

Also, according to the Chiefs website Kendell Gammon is back for another year, having recovered from the injury. But I guess he has competition from Adam Johnson, a rookie TE. This is bullshit. Gammon doens't need ****ing competition. To say we don't have room for extra kickers but we do have extra room for long snappers, that's incredibally stupid.

Sorry, it just felt like there wasn't enough bitching going on. This is a shitty move by Carl.

Mecca
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Colquitt is locked on the team because of being drafted and getting a long term deal......Gammon has competition because he's almost 40 years old.

Moooo
08-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know if preseason competition really factors into the kicker's performance in the regular season. Tynes was missing everything at the beginning of last year, but by the regular season he calmed back down.

My guess is the reasoning is as superficial as it seems. We probably didn't look at another kicker, cause they all suck in comparison.

Moooo

Spicy McHaggis
08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
From what I've heard is that Tynes has been money so far at TC. Still I agree that you should probably always have competition. Hell, I'll throw on a jersey and kick up in River Falls for a couple weeks. I won't beat out Tynes but at least he'd know someone is there.

On the other hand this is a complete about face from Vermeil's "Crucify the kicker" to Herm's "No competition at Camp"?

Rausch
08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm a Tynes fan, and I find it displeasing that we haven't brought in any extra kickers to promote competition. No kickers, and no punters, either. Personally, Colquitt COULD use someone riding his ass in an effort to get better. He was a rookie last year, and needs to improve a bit.

Are you Panthophobic?

Also, according to the Chiefs website Kendell Gammon is back for another year, having recovered from the injury. But I guess he has competition from Adam Johnson, a rookie TE. This is bullshit. Gammon doens't need ****ing competition. To say we don't have room for extra kickers but we do have extra room for long snappers, that's incredibally stupid.

We have to feed the Gammon.

The only way for him to further his flawless long snaps is to suck the life energy out of unsuspecting camp hopefuls. By the 2nd preseason game you'll never hear about ADAM again.

He'll show up on Unsolved Mysteries and Gammon will be launching lazer-accurate snaps.

Spicy McHaggis
08-03-2006, 01:25 AM
He'll show up on Unsolved Mysteries...

"If you're looking for Adam Johnson, I suggest you look where ever you find the most heinous, blatant, and vile exploitation of children on the planet."

Robert Stack: "Scenario No. 2, Adam went to Disneyworld."

Phobia
08-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Adam Johnson is awesome. I'm a big fan of his, not just for LS but also for some PT at TE. He's not big, he's not flashy, he's not fast, and he doesn't run pretty routes.... but I've never seen him drop a ball and that includes some incredibly difficult catches. I've been very impressed by the kid.

pr_capone
08-03-2006, 01:40 AM
We have to feed the Gammon.

The only way for him to further his flawless long snaps is to suck the life energy out of unsuspecting camp hopefuls. By the 2nd preseason game you'll never hear about ADAM again.

He'll show up on Unsolved Mysteries and Gammon will be launching lazer-accurate snaps.
ROFL