PDA

View Full Version : Raiders: The curse of 13-3

redhed
12-12-2000, 02:19 PM
I beleive the Raiders will get to the unlucky 13th victoy. They'll get the first round bye which will break their momentum. Then it's one and done!

First round: bye
Second round: bye-bye!

rh :mad:
can't wait!

Spott
12-12-2000, 02:47 PM
The #1 seed in the AFC has only made the Super Bowl twice in the last 9 seasons. Buffalo in 93 & Denver in 98.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

RaiderCorporate
12-12-2000, 02:47 PM
There's no guarantee the Raiders will get 13 victories. As it has been a long time since Raiders were last in playoffs and virtually all of the players from the last playoff appearance are gone, it is impossible to predict how Raiders will behave in the playoffs.

It is wishful thinking to imagine Raiders will lose in their first playoff game just because your chiefs performed ritual suicide twice after their 13-3 seasons.

redhed
12-12-2000, 09:33 PM
While the absolutely gut-wrenching performance of the Chiefs 13-3 seasons DID motivate my post, I also thought of a certain broncos team that did the same dern thing. Must be an AFCWest thing. I guess I'm just having a problem imagining the lowly chokeland fadahs (we used to OWN them) doin' much in the playoffs.
I have a raider friend who likes to pour a 'lil bleach in the wound, and I needed to blow off a 'lil season-long pent-up frustration.
Things have a way of balancing out.

rh :mad:
givin''dem dang horses a right good beatin' again would shore help me out a bunch...

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 12-12-2000).]