PDA

View Full Version : Respect or resentment?

58Forever
12-13-2000, 10:59 AM
I heard on the radio this morning where 10 or so Chiefs players were fined $600.00 each for not wearing jackets or turtle necks on a recent road trip...

My question...if this is policy then the players knew about it and choose to disregard the policy...

So, does this mean they have no respect for Gun and his policies?...If this is the case he's lost control and we are in trouble...

Do the players resent having to be told what to wear?...afterall they're not kids...

Gun is trying to run a team like it was run 40 years ago...problem is, it can't be done...this could be a problem...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Spott
12-13-2000, 11:06 AM
Who cares what they wear on the way to the game? As long as they put on a red jersey at game time, they should be able wear anything they want.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

WisChief
12-13-2000, 11:07 AM
Without knowing all the details - this just enforces my belief that he must go and go fast, far, far away.

58Forever
12-13-2000, 11:08 AM
Exactly, but Gun is trying to be old school...and apparently his players figure 600.00 is worth being able to wear what they want...but more importantly it appears they lack respect for team policy and the one who sets it....

Baby Lee
12-13-2000, 11:11 AM
Have you seen some of the suits Shannon Sharpe [or, horror of horrors, Jason 'Big BIG Bird' Whitlock] wears? Do you want a high roller's fashion parade before every game?
Shudder the thought of Gonzo rolling in decked out like Shaq-Daddy.

58Forever
12-13-2000, 11:17 AM
I saw Dieon get of the bus at a game a few weeks ago...all he needed was the tricked out Caddy and he could've been a pimp....

No, I don't want to see a fashion parade...the point is that all the players are not following the guidelines and therefore have they lost respect for Gun...

If so, this is not good.

Rick Stephens
12-13-2000, 11:31 AM
I first read about this on the Chiefs website. Gunther said that he had told the players that there was a dress code for road trips and these player had chosen to ignore it. He said that it had been addressed and the problem had been taken care of.

58Forever
12-13-2000, 11:57 AM
I wish I knew why they chose to ignore it...I like Gun...but I don't matter...it's the players who have to like and respect him...