PDA

View Full Version : The Family Guy

Sam Hall
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
I recently started watching the show, and I love it. Stewie and Brian are hilarious. If there's anyone who hasn't seen the show, here's a good taste of it. Stewie pulls a Godfather on Brian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESLNb7RyQ9s

Moooo
08-10-2006, 05:53 AM
I recently started watching the show, and I love it. Stewie and Brian are hilarious. If there's anyone who hasn't seen the show, here's a good taste of it. Stewie pulls a Godfather on Brian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESLNb7RyQ9s

Brian is my favorite character on all of TV...

I love how he lives in this world of flat-out chaos with Peter, Lois, and Stewie, and with martini in hand just kinda watches it float by with his cynical remarks and one-liners.

Moooo

StcChief
08-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Funny at times. The one-liners and scenes out of no where....

chagrin
08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Geesh Sam - where have you been? Freakin funny show dude!! You should go buy the DVD's.

The most recent season was not their best work, but I have a feeling they'll be back with a vengeance in September.

phisherman
08-10-2006, 08:51 AM
fonzie be praised

Sam Hall
08-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Geesh Sam - where have you been? Freakin funny show dude!! You should go buy the DVD's.

The most recent season was not their best work, but I have a feeling they'll be back with a vengeance in September.

I don't usually watch the primetime shows, but I decided to give this one a try. I've heard the movie is funny too.

chagrin
08-10-2006, 09:04 AM
The movie is okay

DaKCMan AP
08-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Giggity

Baby Lee
08-10-2006, 10:08 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=60431&stc=1
http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1998-10-31/tear.jpg
http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~bump/oxford/gargoyles/creatures/griffon.jpg

Lzen
08-10-2006, 10:46 AM
BL,
you forgot the first part.

Baby Lee
08-10-2006, 10:48 AM
BL,
you forgot the first part.
showed up the first time, red x now. Sorry.

htismaqe
08-10-2006, 11:13 AM
I stopped watching it.

It got stupid.

Lzen
08-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I liked the episode last Sunday where Peter and his friends tried to become The A Team. But I thought the first run of Family Guy (1999-2001?) was funnier.

American Dad has some pretty funny stuff in it, too.

sedated
08-10-2006, 11:16 AM
fonzie be praised

let us aaaaaaaaaaay

Sam Hall
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys, I'm putting Volume 1 (seasons 1 and 2) at the top of my DVD wish list. It looks loaded.

Sam Hall
08-10-2006, 08:58 PM
The love the scene where Stewie is getting ready for the babysitter. I guess he loves her. That scene and the one in my original post are my favorites.

Baconeater
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey Sam, do you know why women have breasts?

Sam Hall
08-10-2006, 09:19 PM

Why?

Baconeater
08-10-2006, 09:25 PM
You obviously haven't watched it enough.

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 12:41 AM
You obviously haven't watched it enough.

I've watched it enough to know that IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

Moooo
08-11-2006, 01:52 AM
I've watched it enough to know that IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!

PBJ PBJ PBJ WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

Moooo

chagrin
08-11-2006, 06:58 AM
let us aaaaaaaaaaay

"Now sit on it"

DaKCMan AP
08-11-2006, 07:14 AM
where ya'at
where ya'at
where ya'at
where ya'at

DJay23
08-11-2006, 08:28 AM
I tried, but I can't get into it. As hard as i pay attention, I still have no idea what's going on in that show (or maybe I just don't "get it.") Just too chaotic and off the wall for me.

Tribal Warfare
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
PBJ http://www.clappingfetus.com/Flash/peanutbutterjelly.html PBJ

Did someone say peanut butter jelly time?

phisherman
08-11-2006, 12:10 PM

so you can have something to look at when you're talking to them..

i love that episode

bp

sedated
08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I tried, but I can't get into it. As hard as i pay attention, I still have no idea what's going on in that show (or maybe I just don't "get it.") Just too chaotic and off the wall for me.

:bong:

maybe you're not in the right state of mind

sedated
08-11-2006, 01:37 PM
- Why did all the dinosaurs die out?

- Because you touch yourself at night

Moooo
08-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Peter - I read this in a book

Brian - Are you sure it was a book, are you sure it wasn't, NOTHING???

Moooo

sedated
08-11-2006, 01:44 PM
- You're drunk again.

- No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking

Lzen
08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Lzen
08-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Lois: Peter,why are we stopped?
Peter: Yeah, I'll have three cheeseburgers...
Lois: Peter for God's sakes she's havin' a baby!
Peter: Oh that's right...and a kid's meal... and uh,I, I guess I'll have fries...if I have fries is anyone else gonna have any? Cuz,uh I don't wanna be the only one eatin' them... I'll feel like a fatty.

Lzen
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Peter: So uhh, Mr. Pewterschmidt, the big race is tomorrow eh? Bet you're gonna need some strapping men to help you with your boat.
Mr. Pewterschmidt: Are you calling me gay?
Peter: No. No. I just; I just thought you might want some extra seamen on your poopdeck.

Lzen
08-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Adept Havelock
08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Chris Griffin trapped in the Take-On-Me video...

One of the funniest damn things I've ever seen.

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Stewie: Oh, this here? It's my package. God delivered it. I signed for it. The world keeps on spinnin'.

MTG#10
11-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Yesterday's episode was a surprise. For those that don't watch it anymore and still are curious why:

Brian dies

mr. tegu
11-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Yesterday's episode was a surprise. For those that don't watch it anymore and still are curious why:

Brian dies

That was very strange. I don't think it will lasts though.

Dicky McElephant
11-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NW_80mx-RkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fat Elvis
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
That was very strange. I don't think it will lasts though.

Nope. It lasts, apparently.

MTG#10
11-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Dude gets accused of copying The Simpsons so much I think its a running gag to him now...The Simpsons announced a couple months ago they were going to kill off one of their main characters, now Seth does it.

hometeam
11-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Nope. It lasts, apparently.

My bet is he returns within 4 episodes

mschiefs1984
11-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Dude gets accused of copying The Simpsons so much I think its a running gag to him now...The Simpsons announced a couple months ago they were going to kill off one of their main characters, now Seth does it.

Family guy said they were going to do this back in July I think they just didn't say which one they were going to kill

-King-
11-25-2013, 04:30 PM
My bet is he returns within 4 episodes

Next season at the earliest. They've already made all the episodes for this season and he's not going to be in the rest. They're going to see how the ratings do and how people respond to him being gone then take it from there next season.

MTG#10
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Family guy said they were going to do this back in July I think they just didn't say which one they were going to killOh, never heard that

Silock
11-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Vinnie sucks. Or whatever his name is. NOT INTERESTING AT ALL.

MTG#10
11-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Vinnie sucks. Or whatever his name is. NOT INTERESTING AT ALL.Agreed. His voice got on my nerves.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-25-2013, 05:43 PM
mcfarlane would like to kill off the entire show because he's bored with it, but it makes too much $

DJ's left nut
11-25-2013, 05:45 PM
mcfarlane would like to kill off the entire show because he's bored with it, but it makes too much $

The guy is just rich enough, just talented enough and just vindictive enough that I could see him doing this on purpose just to piss off fans and kill the show off.

He has a bunch of other interests and talents, so even if he needed the money he'd find an avenue to make more of it. And let's face it, behind that wise-ass persona lies a guy capable of being pretty damn cruel. His roasts showed that side of him and his general writing style does as well.

I could see him committing Seppuku here.

Dayze
11-25-2013, 09:41 PM
i just started watching about 6 months ago; good lord I love it.

it's so wrong on so many levels at times. awesome show .

mr. tegu
11-25-2013, 09:57 PM

You just started watching it? How is that even possible with how many times it is on per day on so many different channels?

hometeam
11-25-2013, 10:07 PM
You just started watching it? How is that even possible with how many times it is on per day on so many different channels?

My fiance is obsessed. Its Family Guy/American Dad/Cleveland Show basically 24/7. She knows every channel every time every day. We have seen every episode 100x over. I can tell what season a show is from just by looking at it. Its quite insane really.

sd4chiefs
11-25-2013, 10:12 PM
The last few episodes that I have tried to watch have not been very funny.

mr. tegu
11-25-2013, 11:08 PM
My fiance is obsessed. Its Family Guy/American Dad/Cleveland Show basically 24/7. She knows every channel every time every day. We have seen every episode 100x over. I can tell what season a show is from just by looking at it. Its quite insane really.

American Dad is hilarious. I can't get into The Cleveland Show at all.

C3HIEF3S
11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
The last few episodes that I have tried to watch have not been very funny.

The last few seasons as a whole just haven't been that funny. I think after about season 7 it just started to go downhill (IMO).

hometeam
11-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Cleveland show improves with every episode. It is still very similar to the other two, especially if you are watching the newer ones.

Dayze
11-26-2013, 08:38 AM

I'm usually not on the normal channels their on in syndication or otherwise. I finally stumbled on one and figured what the hell, I 'll watch it. 'Twas awesome.

last night I watched an episode where the wife (I can't remember her name) was rubbing sun-tan lotion on the wheel chair guys' wife at a cookout; and you see a hole get cut out of the fence (which Quagmire on the other side); a slight pause, then another hole about 1.5' below it lol. Then it quickly cut away.

such an awesome show

Fish
11-26-2013, 09:31 AM

Racist...

Molitoth
11-26-2013, 09:37 AM

Congrats on discovering the best cartoon of all time, imo.

I used to love the Simpsons and South Park, but after Family Guy... nothing else really does it for me anymore.
Seth's sense of humor just really connects with mine.

Dayze
11-26-2013, 09:47 AM

I used to love the Simpsons and South Park, but after Family Guy... nothing else really does it for me anymore.

This is pretty much where I'm at. It's so wrong on so many levels.

Baby Lee
11-26-2013, 09:53 AM

I wouldn't place any of the three above the others, they do different things really well.
If I had to choose, I'd go SP, then Simpsons, then FG, but it'd be close. The biggest knock on FG is the one that SP nailed them on, the manatees tossing beach ball bit ideas into a hopper. It excels at finding the hilarity in a pop culture reference, but it's still little more than 'hey! remember when this happened, that was weird, wasn't it,' then on to the next bit.

Pablo
11-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Family Guy is in no way, shape or form better than South Park.

None.

KC native
11-26-2013, 12:56 PM

None.

This.

sd4chiefs
11-26-2013, 01:15 PM
'Family Guy' fans petition Fox to resurrect Brian

http://www.today.com/entertainment/family-guy-fans-petition-fox-resurrect-brian-2D11656771

Family Guy" fans aren't giving up on dog Brian Griffin, who was killed off on
Sundays episode. Viewers were shocked by the unexpected death, and fan Aaron Thompson of Tuscaloosa, Ala., started a petition on Change.org
Monday to urge Fox and show creator Seth MacFarlane to bring the talking, boozing pooch back.

https://www.change.org/petitions/seth-macfarlane-and-fox-broadcasting-company-bring-brian-griffin-back-to-family-guy

Fish
11-26-2013, 01:47 PM

None.

Could not disagree more.

Dayze
11-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Me too.

DJ's left nut
11-26-2013, 04:39 PM

None.

Agreed.

South Park is significantly more clever. It's actual satire. Sure, they have their misses, but South Park's A game absolutely blows Family Guy's A game out of the water.

Though a bad South Park episode can be positively unwatchable (The Oprah Queef one and the Brittany Spears one spring immediately to mind) whereas I've not really seen a Family Guy that I can't at least keep on in the background.

The standard deviation for South Park is higher, but in the end it's just better as an aggregate.

Pablo
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Agreed.

South Park is significantly more clever. It's actual satire. Sure, they have their misses, but South Park's A game absolutely blows Family Guy's A game out of the water.

Though a bad South Park episode can be positively unwatchable (The Oprah Queef one and the Brittany Spears one spring immediately to mind) whereas I've not really seen a Family Guy that I can't at least keep on in the background.

The standard deviation for South Park is higher, but in the end it's just better as an aggregate.This is spot on.

Pitt Gorilla
11-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Futurama and Archer

KC_Connection
11-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Peak Simpsons better than all.

DJ's left nut
11-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Peak Simpsons better than all.

The problem is that Peak Simpsons is much shorter than I'd like to admit.

The Simpons through about season 8 is just an incredible show, especially about 2-5. The 15+ years after that, however? Meh, not so much.

It's just incredible how long that show has been on. It's just strange to think that it will spend almost 2 decades just kinda playing out the string.

DJ's left nut
11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
This is spot on.

Woodland Critter Christmas is one of the few times I've ever done spit-take. Scott Tenorman Must Die rivals anything the Simpsons has ever generated. The Tom Cruise/Scientology episode was probably the best 'take down' I've seen on network television and if it wasn't that one, it was the Mormon episode.

-King-
11-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Agreed.

The standard deviation for South Park is higher, but in the end it's just better as an aggregate.

Was about to post this. Every episode of Family Guy is watchable where as there are a bunch of South Park in episodes that are brutal to watch. But there's a BIG difference between a great South Park episode and a great Family Guy episode.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Also Bobs Burgers is growing on me lately. The daughter Louise is hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Also Bobs Burgers is growing on me lately. The daughter Louise is hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wasn't a huge fan of season 1.

To be honest I hated it.

I love H. Jon Benjamin's voice acting though. He's perfect for animation and you can find about 4 or 5 different things he's in where he just lives those characters...

CoMoChief
11-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Great show. But like many shows that have been on the air for a long time it gets watered down a little. Would probably have been a better show if FOX didn't have other animated/spinoffs such as American Dad or The Cleveland Show and just solely focused on FG. FOX already had Simpsons and hell even Bob's Burger's which I've never seen (does anyone watch that show and/or/how is it even still on?)

I am surprised they killed of Brian though. Considering all the shit he's been through on that show and considering it's a cartoon you'd think he wouldn't die from just being ran over by a car (again considering it's a cartoon and all the shit he's through w/ Stewie etc). Him and Stewie had a great chemistry together.

Surprised it wasn't Meg, if they had prior plans to kill off a character. Obviously no one cares about her on the show, and ironically the viewers of the show don't care much about her character other than the fact that her voice over is Mila Kunis who'd we all love to fuck. And really, the show wouldn't really miss a beat without her. Losing Brian sucks...I mean who doesn't like a drunk talking pot smoking dog?

Saul Good
11-26-2013, 09:15 PM
The best moments on the show are when Brian is behaving like an actual dog...scared of the vacuum, can't stand up in a car, etc.

Also, I've always felt like Seth Macfarland writes Brian as himself. He even seems to recognize just what his worst personal shortcomings are...he's pompous, he can fall in love with his own intelligence, he can't hear "Fox News" mentioned without going into a diatribe, etc. The episode where he asks Quagmire why he doesn't like him is the best episode they ever did.

KC_Lee
11-26-2013, 09:18 PM
The best moments on the show are when Brian is behaving like an actual dog...scared of the vacuum, can't stand up in a car, etc.

Also, I've always felt like Seth Macfarland writes Brian as himself. He even seems to recognize just what his worst personal shortcomings are...he's pompous, he can fall in love with his own intelligence, he can't hear "Fox News" mentioned without going into a diatribe, etc. The episode where he asks Quagmire why he doesn't like him is the best episode they ever did.

One of the best rants ever.

Baby Lee
11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of season 1.

To be honest I hated it.

I love H. Jon Benjamin's voice acting though. He's perfect for animation and you can find about 4 or 5 different things he's in where he just lives those characters...

I still chuckle thinking about his voicing Dr. Katz's son, Ben. Underrated show.

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Woodland Critter Christmas is one of the few times I've ever done spit-take. Scott Tenorman Must Die rivals anything the Simpsons has ever generated. The Tom Cruise/Scientology episode was probably the best 'take down' I've seen on network television and if it wasn't that one, it was the Mormon episode.

The boys as ninja warriors is great as well with use of Anime. But you are right the best South Parks are just out of this world.

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2013, 09:59 PM
They already used the Dallas dream or it would be perfect to use on bringing Brian back.

Dicky McElephant
11-26-2013, 10:03 PM
South Park has the higher ceiling. Family Guy has the higher floor.

mr. tegu
11-26-2013, 10:14 PM
I love Family Guy but some of its funniest moments are completely distinct from the episode they are in so that makes it really hard to point out its greatest episodes.

I think Roger in American Dad is probably the best character in animated shows right now. I can't remember the episode right now but I love when he gives Stan a business card for some service with a guy he knows and Stan says, "I am going to go there and this is going to be you isn't it?" Roger follows with "there is a strong possibility, yes."

KC Tattoo
11-26-2013, 10:31 PM

I hate American Dad think the alien is stupid. I like the Cleveland Show ok. I'm racist against the Alien because I hate Aliens.

RunKC
11-26-2013, 10:52 PM
The episode where Brian hooks up with Quagmire's dad after his sex change is the one that had my laughing the most.

hey...I fucked your dad!

CoMoChief
11-26-2013, 11:31 PM
I liked The Bag of Weed song LOL

still makes me laugh

mschiefs1984
11-26-2013, 11:33 PM
The episode where Brian hooks up with Quagmire's dad after his sex change is the one that had my laughing the most.

hey...I ****ed your dad!

I went and found the I fucked your dad on youtube right after the show aired Sunday classic moment

Silock
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
The Family Guy Star Wars parodies are fucking amazing. I don't think they've done any episode better than those, but maybe that's the fanboy in me talking.

Rausch
11-27-2013, 03:00 AM
I love Family Guy but some of its funniest moments are completely distinct from the episode they are in so that makes it really hard to point out its greatest episodes.

I think Roger in American Dad is probably the best character in animated shows right now. I can't remember the episode right now but I love when he gives Stan a business card for some service with a guy he knows and Stan says, "I am going to go there and this is going to be you isn't it?" Roger follows with "there is a strong possibility, yes."

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/130/576/it's%20not%20funny.gif

Molitoth
11-27-2013, 08:33 AM

Roger ruins American Dad for me... for some reason I just despise that character.

This is why getting into discussions about why any form of "art" is "better" than another is a direction of false resolution. Everyone has different tastes, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. =)

ragedogg69
11-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Bob's Burgers is my new Sunday Night favorite. American Dad has been great since the end of Season 4. I still watch family guy because every once in a while they hit it out of the park. South Park can be pretty awful sometimes. Usually the last episode of a season or before a break is horrible because of their short turn around time. They just want to get it over with and go on vacation. When they actually put in the effort, it is the best show on TV.

Here is my secret for watching The Simpsons since about Season 20:
Wait til summer, then go to TV.com and watch only the episodes that average an 8.0 rating or higher. You may only watch 7 or 8 episodes, but it is pretty quality stuff.

What about Archer? There doesnt seem to be a bad episode in the bunch and usually has me laugh throughout episodes.