PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla SeaMonkey

unlurking
08-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Just checking to see if anyone else had tried this yet. Just found it today. After all the stop and start of the Mozilla Suite, it appears to have been shuffled off to "SeaMonkey". I like having a quick composer available in a browser so I use to use Mozilla over Firefox until they stopped support.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Moooo
08-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm failing to see the advantage of this opposed to my Firefox and Thunderbird...

Is it just to integrate it to avoid incompatibility issues? Or is it just an added thing for people who need to create webpages without bowing to Microsoft and forking out for Adobe?

Moooo, who feels stupid for not getting it :(

unlurking
08-11-2006, 08:43 AM
haha

My html is limited to text editors mostly. The main thing I like, is being able to hit <ctrl> + e and have an editor pop up where I can grab embedded files easily. When I come across a flash or video clip, I like to download them, and the Composer program is very easy for ferreting those out. Also, the Compser loads in a fraction of a second. I haven't used FrontPage since the 90s, but I seriously doubt it is all that quick (was damned slow way back when).

Navigator also has a ton more configuration options than firefox. Many of which I missed when I switched, none of which I seem to be able to remember, so will have to play some more.

As far as the email client, not familiar with it, been using Thunderbird. Basically just like the browser better.

StcChief
08-11-2006, 11:43 AM
This may be worth a look see on Home PC.