PDA

View Full Version : Is Kendall Gammon back?

TinyEvel
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Just wondering.

You know, I've been waiting on the long snapper reports form camp. They're always so rad.

Fish
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
yes, and from reports Colquitt is punting very long, but missing his shorter target punts....

Halfcan
08-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Allen can snap-I say free up the roster spot.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Shut up, Halfass.

Chan93lx50
08-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Allen can snap-I say free up the roster spot.

Are you nuts, did you see what happened when he was injured last year.

blueballs
08-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Adam Jones/Johnsn or what ever that TEs
name is

Moooo
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM

Take it easy on Halfcan...

We as Chief fans forget how important a long-snapper is. We're so used to having a pro-bowl long snapper (the coaches actually pick him when they have the option of ANY other player in the league), we forget what its like to have a snap sail over a punter's head or way behind a kicker.

Just watch another team for a while. You'll see with Gammon the snaps are RIGHT where they need to be for the punter or holder. It makes the kicking/field goal game MUCH easier...

Moooo

Demonpenz
08-10-2006, 11:34 PM

We as Chief fans forget how important a long-snapper is. We're so used to having a pro-bowl long snapper (the coaches actually pick him when they have the option of ANY other player in the league), we forget what its like to have a snap sail over a punter's head or way behind a kicker.

Just watch another team for a while. You'll see with Gammon the snaps are RIGHT where they need to be for the punter or holder. It makes the kicking/field goal game MUCH easier...

Moooo

Yeah it's real hard to forget..... When every announcer says "what a good snapper!" every ****ing time he snaps just so king carl and king pink can justify a mother ****in roster ****ing spot

(quote could be dirty)

Moooo
08-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah it's real hard to forget..... When every announcer says "what a good snapper!" every ****ing time he snaps just so king carl and king pink can justify a mother ****in roster ****ing spot

(quote could be dirty)

I don't know I listen to the radio during games (Mitch is cool)...

I know he's worth it. People who are tired of him taking up a roster spot can have their way in a year or two. Until then enjoy your near-perfect long snaps, and slightly shallower depth chart.

Moooo

KcMizzou
08-10-2006, 11:39 PM
You've really got to learn not to take the 'Penz seriously.

Demonpenz
08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
yeah i was just really wanting to say "Hey nice snapper" tonight

Halfcan
08-10-2006, 11:52 PM

Moooo

This was the same arguement last year. OH NO we might get a bad snap-for a mil a year Gammons better not fug up. Okay he is great at what he does, but to take up a spot for a guy that snaps the ball is silly IMO. So we could not get someone trained to do it, hell we have had a year to find his replacement???

KcMizzou
08-10-2006, 11:53 PM
yeah i was just really wanting to say "Hey nice snapper" tonightI bet you say that to all the girls. :blush:

Halfcan
08-10-2006, 11:53 PM

The key being he was injured, getting paid, and not snapping, plus taking up a roster spot.

Halfcan
08-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Shut up, Halfass.

Wow that hurt. I did not mean to offend the President of the Gammons fanboy club-just saying a mil to snap is insane.

greg63
08-10-2006, 11:55 PM
I'd like to see Gammon come back.

Mecca
08-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow that hurt. I did not mean to offend the President of the Gammons fanboy club-just saying a mil to snap is insane.

Peter Gammons?

Hammock Parties
08-11-2006, 12:00 AM

No it's not. What's insane is paying that bum Sims. Gammon is a sure thing. There are so few of those in the NFL.

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Peter Gammons?

Sorry Gammon's Fanboy club. Maybe when Bigfoot is not catching a shitload of TD's he can snap the ball??

greg63
08-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Sorry Gammon's Fanboy club. Maybe when Bigfoot is not catching a shitload of TD's he can snap the ball??

Bigfoot...
:hmmm:

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:05 AM
No it's not. What's insane is paying that bum Sims. Gammon is a sure thing. There are so few of those in the NFL.

I hear what your saying, but it is like carrying two kickers-one to kick off and the other for FG's. You burn cap space plus the spot we could use for a rookie. Maybe Gammon could sell beer or sweep up around the stadium to help justify the $$.

My guess is he will make the team and next year we still won't have anybody that can snap the damm ball.

Mecca
08-11-2006, 12:06 AM
I hear what your saying, but it is like carrying two kickers-one to kick off and the other for FG's. You burn cap space plus the spot we could use for a rookie. Maybe Gammon could sell beer or sweep up around the stadium to help justify the $$.

My guess is he will make the team and next year we still won't have anybody that can snap the damm ball.

I'm going to explain this to you really quick. Every team in the league carries a person who just longsnaps we aren't the only one. Gammon makes 750 grand a year which the league only counts on the Chiefs cap as 350 grand because of his age and how long he's been in the league. You get a break on the cap by having a player his age on the cap.

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Bigfoot...
:hmmm:

Yeah that high draft pick DV played in the last seconds of a meaningless Dallas game, he got hurt and has only caught 3 passes since?

You hear about him, but I don't think he has actually been seen.

KcMizzou
08-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm going to explain this to you really quick.Good luck with that.

KcMizzou
08-11-2006, 12:10 AM
As a side note... what a way to make a living... 750k? I'd take that.

As they say... "Find one thing you're really good at..."

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm going to explain this to you really quick. Every team in the league carries a person who just longsnaps we aren't the only one. Gammon makes 750 grand a year which the league only counts on the Chiefs cap as 350 grand because of his age and how long he's been in the league. You get a break on the cap by having a player his age on the cap.

Where did you get those numbers? 350 because of age??

So I guess it does not make sense if we had someone like Allen that could handle the snapping duties, so when every other team is wasting a spot, we could carry an extra O linemen that could develop over the year.

Demonpenz
08-11-2006, 12:11 AM
As a side note... what a way to make a living... 750k? I'd take that.

As they say... "Find one thing you're really good at..."

Giggaty

Halfcan
Good luck with that.

BURN!!! :fire:

Mecca
Where did you get those numbers? 350 because of age??

So I guess it does not make sense if we had someone like Allen that could handle the snapping duties, so when every other team is wasting a spot, we could carry an extra O linemen that could develop over the year.

Having a starting defensive end snapping is kind of stupid.....what if he gets hurt snapping? What if he breaks his hand playing DE? You're putting yourself in a really bad situation.

Demonpenz
08-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Having a starting defensive end snapping is kind of stupid.....what if he gets hurt snapping? What if he breaks his hand playing DE? You're putting yourself in a really bad situation.

That has been outlawed thiss year

KcMizzou
08-11-2006, 12:12 AM
See?

Again, good luck.

Demonpenz
08-11-2006, 12:14 AM
hold on it is seriously illegal for teams to line up infront of the long snapper and hit him. There is a thread about it that some other idiot started.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Yes, it is now illegal.

Mecca
08-11-2006, 12:15 AM
hold on it is seriously illegal for teams to line up infront of the long snapper and hit him. There is a thread about it that some other idiot started.

Ah yea they did put that rule in you can't line up directly over the long snapper.

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Dang Gammon can play til he is 60 now.

greg63
08-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah that high draft pick DV played in the last seconds of a meaningless Dallas game, he got hurt and has only caught 3 passes since?

You hear about him, but I don't think he has actually been seen.

AAA, yes; that bigfoot. ROFL

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:36 AM
AAA, yes; that bigfoot. ROFL

I bought an Official Kris Wilson jersey-I wore it once now I can't find it.

greg63
08-11-2006, 12:38 AM
I bought an Official Kris Wilson jersey-I wore it once now I can't find it.

I think I saw it on e-bay. ROFL

08-11-2006, 12:41 AM
I think I saw it on e-bay. ROFL

With about $30 in S/H charges.

greg63
08-11-2006, 12:47 AM
With about $30 in S/H charges.

Yeah, I think it sold for about thirty cents.ROFL

jjjayb
08-11-2006, 06:36 AM
This was the same arguement last year. OH NO we might get a bad snap-for a mil a year Gammons better not fug up. Okay he is great at what he does, but to take up a spot for a guy that snaps the ball is silly IMO. So we could not get someone trained to do it, hell we have had a year to find his replacement???

If Gammon didn't get injured last year we probably make the playoffs. No bad snap and missed field goal in Dallas. The spot is important. Gammon is worth it.

The Dude Abides
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Dont forget he's a local boy, also.

Fish
08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
http://www.prokicker.com/catalog/images/videos_kendallgammonsnapright.jpg

aka: Bending Over with a Smile

We can't cut the Gammon..... he's famous!

sedated
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
ask trey junkin and the giants how important a long-snapper is

(hehe - long snapper)

Eleazar
08-11-2006, 03:26 PM
For some reason when I read the thread title I thought it said, "Is kendall gammon black?"

greg63
08-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Dont forget he's a local boy, also.

Yup! I remember watching him play at Pitt State.

keg in kc
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
From Liz Merrill's Q&A (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/qa_forum.htm):

Q: How is Kendall Gammon doing? Is he healthy after breaking his leg last year and will he still be the Chief's number one snapper?
Gorilla Chief, Pittsburg, KS 7/27/06

A: Gorilla, He's healthy and he's back in workouts. It looks as if he's the No. 1 guy right now, and he actually doesn't cost much on the Chiefs' cap.
Elizabeth Merrill 8/04/06

milkman
08-12-2006, 06:13 AM

If you want to explain something to Halfwit, you'd better forget about doing it quick.

Time and patience, my friend.
Time and patience.