PDA

View Full Version : Hey, do you know what would be neat?

Bud Wiser
12-13-2000, 05:40 PM
When Al Gore comes on tonight (preempting my favorite show "The Street" no doubt) to concede, I think it would be awesome if, instead of bitching and whining about how he got screwed, he would pull out a samarai sword and commit hari-kari on national TV. Even better, have Slick Willie stand behind him, and make a Democrat Kabob. Pretty neat idea, eh? Hell, that would beat an episode of "Frasier" any old day.

The King of Beers
Bob Dole in 2004!

Phobia
12-13-2000, 05:43 PM
Dude - then there would be no real TV for months as the networks would do nothing but cover that single incident the whole time. Did you see how long the networks pre-empted normal coverage for JFK Jr. when his plane crashed? Nearly 20 hours. If Chelsea were to die, I guess she gets 20+ hours, too, huh?

Cannibal
12-13-2000, 07:43 PM
Bud Weiser,

I think you should think about switching to O'Doul's.

What a mongoloid...

Phobia
12-13-2000, 07:50 PM
Never mind.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 12-13-2000).]

Cannibal
12-13-2000, 07:55 PM
I'm just tired of all the Right Wing bullsh1t I suppose.

I've never witnessed such a throng of Right Wingers spouting so much bile and hatred in my life until I visited this board.

I guess that about sums it up.

Phobia
12-13-2000, 08:07 PM
I'm ready to move on now. I don't actually hate Democrats nor any of their candidates. I strongly despise Clinton & have no lost respect for Gore but many of their party are fine politicians. I'm now interested in the best interest of the country. I'd be happy to do away with the whole party affiliation thing anyway. It certainly isn't condusive to our nation's cohesiveness.

Cannibal
12-13-2000, 08:12 PM
I agree with most of what you said and believe more people should take your attitude.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 12-13-2000).]

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 08:24 PM
What a lovely "healing" thought.

He is still the vice president and as such your comments are not respectful as you demand we give your president.

Phobia
12-13-2000, 08:34 PM
Cannibal, I think my attitude is prevalant amongst most our population. I take no pride in saying I'm a republican. Simply put, most republican's views are in line with my own. I think I could adequately distinguish that without a label being placed on myself & the candidate of my choice. How about placing some generic candidates on the ballot without any affiliation whatsoever & getting rid of both major parties? That's what kind of bill I would sponsor if I were in Congress. Kill off the traditional parties & kill the labels. It's not necessary as this is not a competition. We're all on the very same team....

Cannibal
12-13-2000, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>I think my attitude is prevalant amongst most our population.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gotta disagree with you here.

Most people are partisan and follow party line more often than not regardless of the issues.

That goes for both sides. However, there are exceptions to the rule.

Phobia
12-13-2000, 08:42 PM
You may be right. I'm guessing. Clearly, that is all the more reason to squash the 2 party system.

Cannibal
12-13-2000, 08:43 PM
Now that, I do agree with...

stevieray
12-13-2000, 08:49 PM
Great idea. Unfortunately, we've been raised since day one to compete, and declare a WINNER.

Phobia
12-13-2000, 08:54 PM
Obviously, stevieray, there would be an election (ie: competition) - however, the winner would be the people. Give the runner's up some sort of "consolation prize" such as a seat on the cabinet or elsewhere. I'll bet the backstabbing & pettiness would be greatly reduced if you knew you HAD to work closely with your opponent for the next 4 years no matter what the outcome.

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 09:15 PM
make it like it used to be. The top vote getter became president and the runner-up became Vice president.

sounds good to me. Especially since this election was more of a tie.

stevieray
12-13-2000, 09:20 PM
Phob, sounds good to me.

I also wish that each candidate had the SAME amount of money to campaign with.

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 12-13-2000).]

Phobia
12-13-2000, 09:24 PM
Instead of campaign FINANCE reform, make a drive for CAMPAIGN reform. Squash both parties, make stringent guidelines for finances. Pay some independant auditors to enforce the guidelines. No special interest groups to sell out to, etc. Now invest major taxpayer money into aptitude testing for the presidency. Take your top 10 candidates from the aptitude testing & go to the primaries with them.

stevieray
12-13-2000, 09:29 PM
No special interest groups? LOL!

Nokia Orange Bowl.
Lexus SUV Sugar Bowl.
Best Buy Rose Bowl presented By ATT, sponsored by Nike(who else?)

You get my point.<P>

Phobia
10-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Holy crap. I was a genius even 4 years ago.

Phobia
10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey damnit. This is important ChiefsPlanet political history.