PDA

View Full Version : Phone Dilemma

irishjayhawk
08-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I want to buy a new phone for my T-Mobile plan, but to get their crappy ass rebate of a measly $50 (after being with them for 3+ years), I have to sign for 2 more years.

Now, I'm probably not going to switch to a new brand of service so the lock is not really part of my question. My question is:

Would you buy a RAZR for $50 now, knowing full well the new RAZRs are going to be out in the next 6 months?

If yes, would you even consider buying a nicer phone (PDA-type, nicer flip phone etc) now?

If no, what would you do?

Nightwish
08-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I guess it depends on how important all the bells and whistles are to you. True, if you buy the latest one now, it'll be obsolete in six months. But if you wait six months, knowing that a newer and better version will be out then, you're gonna be faced with the same decision then as you are now, because that phone will be yesterday's news six months after that.

RedandGold
08-11-2006, 07:08 PM
It's too bad that switching service providers isn't an option, because I'd switch from from T-Mobile to Verizon without thinking twice ($100 towards a new phone every two years if you renew your service).

Anyway, if the current RAZR does everything you need it to do, you might as well go ahead and get it. I haven't heard any complaints about them from the people I know that have one.

SLAG
08-11-2006, 07:21 PM
It's too bad that switching service providers isn't an option, because I'd switch from from T-Mobile to Verizon without thinking twice ($100 towards a new phone every two years if you renew your service).

Anyway, if the current RAZR does everything you need it to do, you might as well go ahead and get it. I haven't heard any complaints about them from the people I know that have one.

Nextel is giving $150/ toward a New phone with 2 year agreement... and they are somewhat lax on their upgrade policy... they add random credits to your account.. and is part of SprintNextel that is the exclusive NFL MOBLIE provider...

Phobia
08-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Nextel is giving $150/ toward a New phone with 2 year agreement... and they are somewhat lax on their upgrade policy... they add random credits to your account.. and is part of SprintNextel that is the exclusive NFL MOBLIE provider...

As an additional bonus your phone doesn't even always ring when annoying people are trying to reach you.