PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait until Croyle is healthy

RealSNR
08-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Maybe we won't have to look at this shit from Printers

Hammock Parties
08-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Get off Printers' ass.

The offensive line is downright pathetic.

Croyle would just get killed if he was in there. Thank god he's sitting out tonight.

tk13
08-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I have to laugh that it took one half of a game for everyone to turn on Printers. I can't wait to see what happens if Croyle struggles some, which is more than likely. Everybody can call him a bust too.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Trent Green sucks, too. 34 yards on five completions? RETIRE ALREADY!

jspchief
08-12-2006, 08:28 PM
One thing is clear, Printers' mechanics suck. Once he tucks the ball to think about running, don't expect him to recover to make a textbook throw.

PastorMikH
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Heh, heh. When I first saw this thread topic, I thought, "I'll bet right now Printers agrees with that statement."

HMc
08-12-2006, 08:39 PM
J. Smoker to start against the bengals!

Hammock Parties
08-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Another sack. Svitek got abused.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Printers is 6 out of 12 for 71 yards.

That's not great but it's a far cry from horrible.

keg in kc
08-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Printers did a lot for Croyle's cause tonight.

Valiant
08-12-2006, 08:54 PM

That's not great but it's a far cry from horrible.

5-11 for 20 yards if you take out the miracle 50 yrad bomb..

Mecca
08-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I like how no one other than GoChiefs notices that as soon as Printers takes the snap he's got guys in his lap.......hard to look good with an entire defense on top of you.

jspchief
08-12-2006, 08:57 PM

That's not great but it's a far cry from horrible.Yea great if you're a blind man who watches football games by reading braille box scores.

However, if you actually watched him play, you may have noticed he didn't look good.

Simplex3
08-12-2006, 08:59 PM
On the plays where Printers wasn't beaten to the snap by the DLine he looked Ok, but nothing more. Here's hoping Huard and Croyle get healthy and look better than that.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 09:01 PM
If the backup line blocks like for Brodie Croyle he'll die.......it'll be worse than what happened to Printers.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2006, 09:04 PM
My point exactly, Mecca.

The Chiefs should leave the first-team offense out there besides Green and LJ.

KcMizzou
08-12-2006, 09:05 PM
5-11 for 20 yards if you take out the miracle 50 yrad bomb..A lot of that going around tonight.

dirk digler
08-12-2006, 09:06 PM
My point exactly, Mecca.

The Chiefs should leave the first-team offense out there besides Green and LJ.

I disagree. We can't afford to lose Kennison, Parker, Shields, or Gonzo because our depth sucks.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I thnk they should have atleast gave Printers a series with the starting Oline.......I might be able to actually evaluate him if he wasn't running for his life 2 seconds into every play.

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Printers looked OK, and probably would look ok with the starting line but not great. Tonight he had no real shot of success and the few times he did he looked average at best. He isn't as bad as everyone is making him out to be, id like to see anyone on here try to complete a pass with a DT, LB and DE up their ass the whole night.

Mosbonian
08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Printers looked OK, and probably would look ok with the starting line but not great. Tonight he had no real shot of success and the few times he did he looked average at best. He isn't as bad as everyone is making him out to be, id like to see anyone on here try to complete a pass with a DT, LB and DE up their ass the whole night.

While I agree that Printers didn't have much protection tonight, it goes way beyond that. Even those times where he had plenty of times to do his reads, set his feet, and throw the ball, he looked bad. He was, other than the 50 yd bomb (which was a pretty throw), off all night long, and it didn't always have something to do with the pass rush. He had happy feet, appeared to look to the run first and throw second....didn't look at all comfortable.

mmaddog

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 09:58 PM
While I agree that Printers didn't have much protection tonight, it goes way beyond that. Even those times where he had plenty of times to do his reads, set his feet, and throw the ball, he looked bad. He was, other than the 50 yd bomb (which was a pretty throw), off all night long, and it didn't always have something to do with the pass rush. He had happy feet, appeared to look to the run first and throw second....didn't look at all comfortable.

mmaddog
I am hoping he can improve but I don't like him as our 2nd stringer right now... Hopefully Croyle can come in there and show us more and obviously not get killed. I think we should def. give printers more than 1 game.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 09:58 PM
You'd have happy feet to if you had 0 trust in your line to protect you, the guy probably thought he was going to die on every snap.

Halfcan
08-12-2006, 10:08 PM

mmaddog

Nice one-another quality post, I could not agree more!

Mosbonian
08-12-2006, 10:58 PM
You'd have happy feet to if you had 0 trust in your line to protect you, the guy probably thought he was going to die on every snap.

A little melodramatic there....

First off, this guy isn't a rookie although it is his first year in the NFL. He faced pressure in the CFL. Sadly though, he had the look of a rookie....I'm not saying he should be cut tomorrow, but he needs to get himself together and cut down on the mistakes.

Twice that I can recall off the top of my head he did the alligator arm on throws to wide open men. He played the game tonight like he was still in the CFL....he has the tools, it showed in the 50 yard throw and in a couple of scrambles, but most of the rest of the time he was way off.

mmaddog

thurman merman
08-12-2006, 11:17 PM
J. Smoker to start against the bengals!

LOL

Mecca
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
A little melodramatic there....

First off, this guy isn't a rookie although it is his first year in the NFL. He faced pressure in the CFL. Sadly though, he had the look of a rookie....I'm not saying he should be cut tomorrow, but he needs to get himself together and cut down on the mistakes.

Twice that I can recall off the top of my head he did the alligator arm on throws to wide open men. He played the game tonight like he was still in the CFL....he has the tools, it showed in the 50 yard throw and in a couple of scrambles, but most of the rest of the time he was way off.

mmaddog

About as melodramatic as flipping out on a QB in the first preseason game. No wonder Carl has never started a young QB with this team the fans refuse to give anyone a chance. A young QB here would probably be eaten alive after 2 games. I feel sorry for whoever the QB after Green is with this kind of reaction to a preseason game. Of course everyone wanted to kill Trent after his first season too.....I think it's kinda funny that people think Casey Printers is gonna be Tom Brady back there right away looking off recievers making solid throws going through progressions. He's essentially a rookie QB, how about giving him a fair shake?

Deberg_1990
08-12-2006, 11:53 PM
IM of the belief that if Printers were truly any good he would have been playing in the NFL already instead of the CFL.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Like Warren Moon....or even Trent Green...those guys were no good.

Miles
08-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Like Warren Moon....or even Trent Green...those guys were no good.

Or Warner. He wasn't even playing in the CFL.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 11:59 PM
It's just readily apparent people had unrealistic expectations of Printers. He's essentially a rookie QB back there. Like was said before I wait the venom for Croyle because if he gets what Printers had tonight he'll look no better actually I'd expect worse because he doesn't have the legs to avoid anyone.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Croyle's career would have been over after tonight. It was THAT bad.

Miles
08-13-2006, 12:01 AM
It's just readily apparent people had unrealistic expectations of Printers. He's essentially a rookie QB back there.

Not only is he basically a rookie it always seemed that he was a raw project QB since the time we signed him.

Mosbonian
08-13-2006, 12:10 AM
It's just readily apparent people had unrealistic expectations of Printers. He's essentially a rookie QB back there.

And it seems readily apparent that certain people want him to succeed so much that they have real low expectations of him or create excuses for him.

mmaddog

Eleazar
08-13-2006, 12:13 AM
The protection was not great. That being said, if you don't think Printers looked bad, you weren't watching.

He's got time to learn and grow. lots of players look bad in their first game in the league.

But call it what it is.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't think I have to create any excuses for Printers. He's only played in one NFL game.

Anyone that throws him under the bus after one game is stupid.

Mecca
08-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I didn't think he looked great out there but he was given nothing to work with......the line couldn't block anyone he kept getting nailed because the Tackles were swinging gates and the WR's we have in those spots aren't exactly talented players.

Mosbonian
08-13-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't think I have to create any excuses for Printers. He's only played in one NFL game.

Anyone that throws him under the bus after one game is stupid.

In return....anyone who gives him an "excused absence" for his performance tonight is stupid.

mmaddog

Hammock Parties
08-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Not really. There's just no way anyone can evaluate him after 12 passes in a preseason game.

RealSNR
08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
I have to laugh that it took one half of a game for everyone to turn on Printers. I can't wait to see what happens if Croyle struggles some, which is more than likely. Everybody can call him a bust too.Turn on Printers? What are you talking about? I've NEVER been a fan of this Michael Vick degenerate

Adept Havelock
08-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Yea great if you're a blind man who watches football games by reading braille box scores.

However, if you actually watched him play, you may have noticed he didn't look good.

ROFL :clap:

FringeNC
08-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Gretz and Dawson were really ripping on him. Suggested that he didn't have a clue what he was doing out there.

boogblaster
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Daunte Printers isnt NFL material........Hes not got the read it takes to play the position......Doubt if the Rook will either yet....Guess we should be looking for a backup.... BOOG OUTT....