PDA

View Full Version : 810am Stan Weber "Dtackles Edwards and Reed impressive"

chief2000
08-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Ryan Sims and Dalton didn't do much. Even against 2nd team players.

Also said no one will trade for Ryan Sims.

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 10:36 PM
The only reason Sims will be on this team is that contract, what a joke of a pick, just cause he is a lazy fatass.

Halfcan
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't call anyone on D impressive.

chief2000
08-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Compared to Sims..........yes they are.

Count Alex's Losses
08-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I thought both of those guys did a pretty good job. We got gashed on one run up the middle, but that was it.

Tribal Warfare
08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Hicks should've been off the team 3 years ago

Rain Man
08-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Even Siavii was embarrassed about Sims tonight.

Halfcan
08-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Even Siavii was embarrassed about Sims tonight.

How could he see through the spithood.

Halfcan
08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Maybe we can get a Def Tackle after cutdown day.

chief2000
08-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Exactly. There's Mr positive pants!

boogblaster
08-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Thought Reed looked pretty good...the rest needs work...outside containment sucks bigtime...BOOG OUTT....

chief2000
08-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Color guy for Metrosports said the Dtackles looked good. And said Ryan and Dalton better produce.

Iowanian
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
He's an idiot then, because Dalton looked terrible.
Sims was spotty at best.

Steve Burton looked like a fat lard at DE....the Chiefs must be hurting for DE Depth.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Exactly. There's Mr positive pants!

Mr. positive pants?

KCChiefsFan88
08-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Ryan Sims and Dalton didn't do much. Even against 2nd team players.

Also said no one will trade for Ryan Sims.

HA at this point the Chiefs would almost have to compensate another team to take Sims fat ass and contract off their hands

Deberg_1990
08-13-2006, 12:38 AM
At this point, Logical and GoChiefs would look impressive at DT compared to Sims, Dalton or Siavii.

Count Alex's Losses
08-13-2006, 12:48 AM
I could probably play DT but I think Logical is a bit too light.

We could get go bo...

Count Alex's Losses
08-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Steve Burton looked like a fat lard at DE....the Chiefs must be hurting for DE Depth.

Hali and Carlos Hall did not play.

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Edwards and Reed looked good tonight IMO. They blocked up lanes and got a good push. That is what DTs are suppose to do, tackles are bonuses.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 01:36 AM
I will have to disagree-the line was pretty bad-1st and 2nd string.

beer bacon
08-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Hali and Carlos Hall did not play.

Wilkerson was out with an injury too.

ChiefFan31
08-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Thats really pretty embarrassing that Sims couldnt even do well against the Texans 2nd and 3rd stringers.

The guy who chatted with Gunther the other night and posted about sure was right with what Gun said about Sims. He is fat and lazy. Gun tried to give him the same treatment as Kawika last year, and its obviously not working.

I would love to stand around and hear some beratment by Krumie and Gun this week back up at camp.

crispystl420
08-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Color guy for Metrosports said the Dtackles looked good. And said Ryan and Dalton better produce.

The new dt's were great compared to the performances we have seen over the last few years. I thought to myself on more then one occasion "man it's wierd to see the dt's actually pushin the interior offensive line backwards a yard or two rather than getting ****ng pancaked at the snap of the ball"
I like this Reed guy he looks better than anything we've had but it's still preseason

Frankie
08-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Edwards and Reed looked good tonight IMO. They blocked up lanes and got a good push. That is what DTs are suppose to do, tackles are bonuses.
Granted I see things on the offense better than the 'D' I did not see the push you are talking about. I did not watch the entire game but I watched the first couple of series. Our starting 'D' looked aweful and embarrasing against the Donk clones. And mostly because we had no push or pass rush at all. I'm now officially afraid.

Frankie
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Thats really pretty embarrassing that Sims couldnt even do well against the Texans 2nd and 3rd stringers.I have been on Sims' side all along. But now even I am officially off his bandwagon.
:cuss:

Moooo
08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
I have been on Sims' side all along. But now even I am officially off his bandwagon.
:cuss:

I honestly believe this is what happens when 2 players are drafted from the same college D-line. There were 3 this year from NC State, it wouldn't suprise me if the DT drafted (I don't know his name...) doesn't pan out too well...

Moooo

OldTownChief
08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Granted I see things on the offense better than the 'D' I did not see the push you are talking about. I did not watch the entire game but I watched the first couple of series. Our starting 'D' looked aweful and embarrasing against the Donk clones. And mostly because we had no push or pass rush at all. I'm now officially afraid.

I agree, I saw little to nothing to be encouraged about the front four. Talk about looking through rose colored glasses. Jeeezzus, Carr had all the time he needed to do whatever the hell he wanted to as long as he was in there and his backups looked like pro bowlers.

And what game were all the Printers lovers watching. The moron cost us an easy 3 at the end of the 1st half and there was NO pressure on him when he threw the INT, WITH a WIDE open lane to run in.

Also saw a little taste of bad clock managemant from Herm that Jets fans warned us about. Should have called a TO before the last play of the 1st half or run the ball, call the TO and kick the FG.

Preseason or not, a piss poor preformance overall with HUGE concerns on both side of the ball.

Chieftain58
08-13-2006, 11:20 AM
announcers for the game are definitely for the Texans.... Printers throw to the endzone should have been flagged but the announcers say the defender timed that one right but he wasn't even looking at the ball..... jeesh...

GoHuge
08-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I was at a "watch" party if you can call it that for a preseason game but when I got home I watched the first team D several times. Reed and Edwards did get some push. Alot more than what we've seen in recent past out of our interior guys. Hicks has probably seen the bootleg more that anybody in the NFL and he's still the worst at protecting against it. If you have DVR just go back and look. He just ran straight down the line every single play. I don't think he'll ever figure it out. I'm really glad they ran it over and over again so the Chiefs can try and find an answer for the BL. Hali, OLB, somebody has got to stay home. With that said I know it's preseason and this is what it's for. Find your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Lets hope they can get it fixed.

chief2000
08-13-2006, 01:17 PM
yes.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Where in the hell is Carlos Hall at?

htismaqe
08-13-2006, 02:28 PM
James Reed was very good against the run, but struggled to get push against the pass.

Edwards did NOTHING. Sims did NOTHING. Dalton did NOTHING.

Frankie
08-13-2006, 02:39 PM
James Reed was very good against the run, but struggled to get push against the pass.

GO CYCLONES!
:rockon:

blueballs
08-13-2006, 02:50 PM
it's Holtus' fault
all those damm Poppa John's
commercials

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 02:54 PM

I don't know about that. I saw a couple of good plays by Reed but if you watch the first touchdown run by Houston and a couple of the earlier running plays Reed got too high and got blown right off the LOS. (5 yards). Now, some of those were double teams but when that happens the DT has got to eat the turf and hold his ground so the LB's can get a clean shot.

htismaqe
08-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't know about that. I saw a couple of good plays by Reed but if you watch the first touchdown run by Houston and a couple of the earlier running plays Reed got too high and got blown right off the LOS. (5 yards). Now, some of those were double teams but when that happens the DT has got to eat the turf and hold his ground so the LB's can get a clean shot.

I'm not gonna fault Reed when he's got the entire interior offensive line in his face. It's pretty sad when they don't even have to touch Edwards and Hicks and can basically block Reed and Allen out of the play.

morphius
08-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Reed was also completely blown off the LoS on the 4th and Inches play.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I think Reed can be a good player if he stays low and doesn't get worn down. I liked what I saw early but he's awfully small and if he gets to many snaps he's in trouble IMO.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Reed was also completely blown off the LoS on the 4th and Inches play.

Yep, #69 from Houston nailed him. He got too high.