PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Mayo could decide today

Sam Hall
08-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Here's some news for my Kansas State friends :D

Mayo reportedly to announce decision Sunday

FOXSports.com
Posted: 6 minutes ago

It's long been rumored that prep basketball star O.J. Mayo was headed to USC. According to one report, that rumor will become fact Sunday afternoon.

Fox Sports Radio host Ben Maller is reporting that sources close to the situation say Mayo, a 6-foot-4 point guard from Cincinnati, will make it official with a press conference in Los Angeles.
Mayo, who has been widely acknowledged as the top prospect in the Class of 2007, was on the USC campus Saturday on an unofficial visit. During that visit, he stopped by the Trojans football practice, where he was serenaded by chants of "O.J.! O.J.!"

Spoonman
08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
sweet, as a KU grad I'd be sooo happy to see him spurn the cats

Saulbadguy
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Meh. He's rated the #5 rated player in the class, now. We already have the #1 rated player. ;)

SCTrojan
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I've read on a USC website I frequent that Mayo said yesterday he'd commit to us. As I've said before, I'll believe it when I hear he has sent in a letter of intent.

Sam Hall
08-13-2006, 09:43 AM
He needs his buddy Bill Walker to come along with him. One player can't turn around a program. I understand why he wants to play in Los Angeles, but I wish he would sign with an established program.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2006, 09:45 AM
He needs his buddy Bill Walker to come along with him. One player can't turn around a program. I understand why he wants to play in Los Angeles, but I wish he would sign with an established program.
Like Nebraska? Haha, it's been fun following their offseason.

KCFalcon59
08-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Meh. He's rated the #5 rated player in the class, now. We already have the #1 rated player. ;)

Who is he?

Saulbadguy
08-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Who is he?
http://kansasstate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=23568

KCFalcon59
08-13-2006, 09:50 AM
http://kansasstate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=23568

Ok. Thanks. I remember that now.

SCTrojan
08-13-2006, 09:51 AM

While I don't share your sentiment on where he signs, I agree he won't change our fortunes by himself. He is more of a shooting guard, and that is the one place where we have some talent. We need interior guys, and lots of 'em.

Of course, Tim Floyd shows some promise as a college coach and we have a new arena and facilities opening up this year, so we have a decent foundation.

Sam Hall
08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
While I don't share your sentiment on where he signs, I agree he won't change our fortunes by himself. He is more of a shooting guard, and that is the one place where we have some talent. We need interior guys, and lots of 'em.

Of course, Tim Floyd shows some promise as a college coach and we have a new arena and facilities opening up this year, so we have a decent foundation.

Now you have a guy who will fill the new arena. I'm sure that was part of Mayo's decision to play there.

Sam Hall
08-13-2006, 10:02 AM
sweet, as a KU grad I'd be sooo happy to see him spurn the cats

I hate to tell you, but it sounds like KU is about to receive some bad news from the NCAA regarding those alleged infractions.

chief2000
08-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Mayo is a dumbass.

Fooled by chants.

Should be a monk instead.

Cochise
08-13-2006, 10:04 AM

Who wants another top 5 player anyways?

Saulbadguy
08-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Who wants another top 5 player anyways?
TIC :)

I really want Mayo on our team. While I don't think he will come here, it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't.