PDA

View Full Version : Players I thought made thier case.

CrazyHorse
08-13-2006, 08:47 AM
K.Fox
Pollard
Page
Curry

Cruz also did a nice job

Turley did very well I thought.

banyon
08-13-2006, 08:53 AM
I would add Reed to that list.

SCTrojan
08-13-2006, 08:54 AM
K.Fox
Pollard
Page
Curry

Cruz also did a nice job

Turley did very well I thought.

Didn't get to see the game where I live, but I've been reading a lot about the two rookie safeties. I'm hoping they bring a much-needed infusion of talent and attitude to our secondary.

I'm gonna watch the NFL network replay of the game today.

AndChiefs
08-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Didn't get to see the game where I live, but I've been reading a lot about the two rookie safeties. I'm hoping they bring a much-needed infusion of talent and attitude to our secondary.

I'm gonna watch the NFL network replay of the game today.

I agree.

tyton75
08-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Edwards and Reed both looked better in the middle than Sims and Dalton did against their 2nd team O

RedandGold
08-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Edwards and Reed both looked better in the middle than Sims and Dalton did against their 2nd team O

Agreed.

Even though Edwards didn't really do anything to stand out, the combination of him and Reed (who looked very good) was much better than Sims and Dalton. You could definitely see where they were getting a good push in the middle.

blueballs
08-13-2006, 10:08 AM
NO
NO
NO
you're suppose to over react like a
rejected schoolgirl

Bowser
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Ronnie Cruz
Jarrad Page
Bernie Pollard
RICH SCANLON!!
Clint Mitchell

How did Page last until the seventh round? The guy was laying hits and around the ball a bunch.

Marcellus
08-13-2006, 10:30 AM
I think Turley did real well in limited time. One play inparticular, I think in the second drive, on a pass play he blocked his guy then swung back and outside and picked up what looked like a blitzing linebacker.

I think his speed is going to help make up for his lack of size.

Bowser
08-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I think Turley did real well in limited time. One play inparticular, I think in the second drive, on a pass play he blocked his guy then swung back and outside and picked up what looked like a blitzing linebacker.

I think his speed is going to help make up for his lack of size.

Saw that play, and agree with your assesment. He didn't look lost or overwhelmed during the game in the least.

Frankie
08-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm rooting for Webb to stick. How did he do?

milkman
08-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Agreed.

Even though Edwards didn't really do anything to stand out, the combination of him and Reed (who looked very good) was much better than Sims and Dalton. You could definitely see where they were getting a good push in the middle.

The problem I saw was that after the first few plays, the Texans took a second blocker off of Edwards and switched the double team to Reed, and Edwards still didn't stand out, while Reed's effectivenesss was nullified.

Bowser
08-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm rooting for Webb to stick. How did he do?

I saw him drop what would have been close to a touchdown. Ball hit him in the hands in stride down the sidelines. Coverage was good, but he should have made that catch.

wazu
08-13-2006, 10:38 AM
I saw him drop what would have been close to a touchdown. Ball hit him in the hands in stride down the sidelines. Coverage was good, but he should have made that catch.

Tough to say he should have, but it would have gone a long way towards making a case to keep him. It definitely wasn't a "drop". He did a good job of at least getting in position against very tight coverage.

Frankie
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh no! He's the one I hope we'll nickname "spiderman" (instead of the phony one we had a few years ago.

Coach
08-13-2006, 10:42 AM
At least Colquitt was doing pretty good.

wazu
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM

I'm used to that, though.

Check number of punts inside opponent's 20. (My favorite punter stat) (http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PNT/2005/regular)

58-4ever
08-13-2006, 10:57 AM

Yeah, believe it or not, Colquitt could end up being one of our better draft picks the last couple of years.

Rain Man
08-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I must say that I enjoyed Samie Parker's block on the little pass over the middle to LJ.

I got to see most of the first three quarters until ESPN decided that it was more important to show the Packers and the Chargers, and switched in the middle of the game. There needs to be some sort of federal investigation of this. No one wants to see the Packers and the Chargers.

Anyway, our back defensive line (which includes last year's starting tackles) was horrific, just a bunch of guys who stand up and get pushed backwards. However, our backup linebackers weren't too bad, and I was impressed by a play where Scanlon chased down and tackled a guy on a screen to prevent a long gain.

Page seemed to be getting a lot more action around the ball than Pollard, but that could be a strong safety/free safety thing. Pollard made a nice hit on the sidelines on one play.

Our starting offense concerned me a little bit. Having Bober in the game instead of Waters had to hurt, but I must admit that I was looking at the line and thinking "who are these guys?"

I thought Printers made a couple of nice plays, but as others have mentioned, he wasn't getting a lot of time.

Did Svitek play? He wasn't in the game yet when ESPN punched me in the stomach.

A couple of the backup cornerbacks made some good coverage plays (Johnson and some other guy with dreads), and Surtain and Law looked pretty good in the little I saw of them.

go bowe
08-13-2006, 11:15 AM
justin perkins, i think...

Frankie
08-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Did Derrick Ross play?

Coach
08-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Did Derrick Ross play?

No. Not that I saw.

Frankie
08-13-2006, 11:27 AM
No. Not that I saw.
I wonder why. I thought he was supposed to be the next coming of Samkon Gado!

go bowe
08-13-2006, 11:29 AM
don't remember him...

mckenzie smith played and did ok...

Rain Man
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
To be honest, I didn't like what I saw out of MacKenzie (or however you spell it). Last year, I really liked him, but he looked slow out there tonight.

58-4ever
08-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Svitek played, if you can call it that. I'm glad Casey could take some hits, because he is going to be sore today.

CHIEF4EVER
08-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Unless they just royally screw something up in the last 3 preseason games, Page and Pollard are shoo-ins to make the team IMO. They both look good. I am on the "let the youngsters start" bandwagon.

Hound333
08-13-2006, 11:43 AM
There was one play that stood out for me watching Page. He came up and hit the guy then *gasp* he wrapped up. I about crapped my pants. Its been a while since ive seen a Chief try anything other than the shoulder hit that they seem to favor.

jidar
08-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Page looked great, he made some plays (the most?) and he was always around the ball giving effort on every play.
Pollard put a couple big licks on some guys.
Allen once again looked pretty good and showed his motor.
Surtain had good coverage and defended an ill advised pass.
I don't remember seeing Law at all but with corners that probably just means he was doing his job and his guy was always covered.

go bowe
08-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Unless they just royally screw something up in the last 3 preseason games, Page and Pollard are shoo-ins to make the team IMO. They both look good. I am on the "let the youngsters start" bandwagon.i thought the kids (p&p) looked real good...

i only noticed once when they missed tackles...

on one long run, the rb broke pollard's tackle...

and on another, page had blown into the hole and tried to arm tackle the rb, which didn't work..

other than those two plays, the kids looked real good to me...

go bowe
08-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Unless they just royally screw something up in the last 3 preseason games, Page and Pollard are shoo-ins to make the team IMO. They both look good. I am on the "let the youngsters start" bandwagon.shoo-in to make the team?

i think they will be playing a lot and probably starting by mid-season...

milkman
08-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I figured that most people would focus on Turley when the first team offense was on the field, so I focused on Sampson.

When Green was in, Sampson looked outstanding.

He seemed sure of himself, and just stonewalled whoever was lined up against him.

When Printers came in, he seemed hesitant, uncertain, as though he wasn't sure in which direction he should push the DE, which stunted his effectiveness.

He's gonna be a hell of a RT, when he learns that he just has to play, regardless of whether he's blocking for a pocket QB, or a QB with wheels.

greg63
08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Turley Kicked butt. IMO. I just hope he can stay healthy.

jspchief
08-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I didn't see much from what I would consider "bubble" players that makes me think anyone earned a roster spot. Maybe Clint Mitchell, but I think he's just too undersized to make the team.

We hadn't heard much about Kris Griffin in practice, but I thought he played well.

I also thought there were some new faces that did a solid job on punt coverage.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Dustin punted good- is about the only positive thing I can say about that disapointing piece of crap game.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I didn't see much from what I would consider "bubble" players that makes me think anyone earned a roster spot. Maybe Clint Mitchell, but I think he's just too undersized to make the team.

We hadn't heard much about Kris Griffin in practice, but I thought he played well.

I also thought there were some new faces that did a solid job on punt coverage.

Isn't Clint like 6'7 315?? He plays like a slower dumber version of Hicks.

Woodrow Call
I thought Chris Johnson looked decent at CB, Reid seems to be a special teams ace, Boomer and Scanlon did a nice job with the 2nd team.

hypersensitiveZO6
Shane Burton seemed pretty decent for just signing with us recently.

Good for DT depth.

jspchief
08-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Isn't Clint like 6'7 315?? He plays like a slower dumber version of Hicks.He's the only DE all night that played the boot the right way.

Of course, the LBs and safeties weren't covering so the QB just completed an easy pass, but he did his job.

blueballs
08-13-2006, 12:52 PM
no. 24 made a couple nice tackles

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 12:55 PM
no. 24 made a couple nice tackles

He didn't have one tackle.

:bong:

blueballs
08-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I seen it
dip shit

trndobrd
08-13-2006, 12:59 PM
The problem I saw was that after the first few plays, the Texans took a second blocker off of Edwards and switched the double team to Reed, and Edwards still didn't stand out, while Reed's effectivenesss was nullified.

First time in a long while that anyone has double teamed a Chiefs DT. Even if not spectacular, Edwards was filling space and wasn't getting blown off the ball. If Reed and Edwards consistently tie up three guys that bodes well once we get Hambali (sp?) in at DE and get out of the pre-season vanilla defense.

Are Reed and Edwards going to be game busters? Probably not. Do they have the capacity to provide consistently solid play at the DT position? Yes. A nice step up IMHO.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:08 PM
I seen it
dip shit

Coming From
The weirdest poster
On CP
It's difficult
to judge
if you're kidding.

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:14 PM
good

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:16 PM
good

Cept there was no need for that dipshit comment.

Fu*k off nO0b.

elvomito
08-13-2006, 01:22 PM
once we get Hambali
you gettin the sunday 2-for-1 deal at subway?

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:23 PM
your sister is no noob

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:25 PM
but it wasn't her
I saw Ty put down

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:26 PM
your sister is no noob

I knew I would double bag it the minute your mom knocked on my door.

That bitch is nasty.

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:28 PM
red rum has the mother
bit owned
try grandama
she could use some action

trndobrd
08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
you gettin the sunday 2-for-1 deal at subway?

Hali.

mmmm....Subway

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:30 PM
but it wasn't her
I saw Ty put down

Got your school supplies yet?

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:31 PM
no you can't eat my glue
homo

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:36 PM
no you can't eat my glue
homo

The only people eating your glue are your dog; after you masturbate all over the floor to bears fu*king on Animal Planet. And your mom; I assume she vacuums your room everyday.

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I miss skip

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I miss skip

I do imagine your isolation from the world may cause loneliness.

I suggest going to a nice place where people like yourself can live together and play with clay.

It will be good for you.

blueballs
08-13-2006, 01:47 PM
skip was a terrier

Frankie
08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
The only people eating your glue are your dog; after you masturbate all over the floor to bears fu*king on Animal Planet. And your mom; I assume she vacuums your room everyday.
Oh dude! I was about to have lunch! :Lin:

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Here is who I thought played well last night:

Kyle Turley - looked pretty good, made some nice blocks
Dustin Colquitt - my pick from last year is kicking really well, his funky spin caused a fumble
Jeff Webb - looks like a solid 6th round pick
Quintin Griffin - Played well IMO, you dont run him on the goalline like the Chiefs did but he looked solid on two runs
Both rookie safeties - they can lay the wood

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh dude! I was about to have lunch! :Lin:

Sorry.

It's almost three. Wait until dinner.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 01:57 PM
skip was a terrier

Your mom was like a German Shepherd.

She bit hard, but I felt protected.

blueballs