PDA

View Full Version : Roaf on Cold Pizza

chief4life
08-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Roaf is scheduled to appear on Cold Pizza on Wednesday, August 16, 2006. I'll have my TiVo set to record. I'm sure we'll get a good idea on what's going on from the man himself.

He also agreed to meet with the coach this week, I really think he is coming back that is just me though. Keep your fingers, toes and anything else you can cross. :thumb:

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Lets hope!!

Discuss Thrower
08-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Woody will say something about how the Chiefs aren't really good,
Skip will disagree semantically with Woody, then Willie will mumble something incoherent about not coming back and that will be the end.

StcChief
08-13-2006, 01:39 PM
If he's meeting with Edwards. That's what we are hoping for.

BigRock
08-13-2006, 03:59 PM
If he's going to do a national interview like that, it's probably to explain why he's retiring.

ChiefFan31
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I still hold on to my glimmer of hope.

But, I wont be surprised at all if he says he's done this week.

whoman69
08-13-2006, 07:40 PM
We'll be much better off with Roaf back and Turley on the right side. I know we didn't really play many of our schemes last night, but the line did not look dominating as usual. Granted Waters was out, but that isn't where the problems were coming from.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
If the D contines to play like it has the past 5 years (like it did last night) it wont matter one damn bit if Willie comes back or not. Hed be better served to just stay retired.

Mojo Rising
08-13-2006, 07:46 PM
We'll be much better off with Roaf back and Turley on the right side. I know we didn't really play many of our schemes last night, but the line did not look dominating as usual. Granted Waters was out, but that isn't where the problems were coming from.

Isn't the RT supposed to be the road grader? At 280 lb.? I think we should shelve him for the 4-6 games that Roaf will miss if he comes back.

kcirnamffoh
08-13-2006, 07:57 PM
There is life after Roaf folks. Get over it.

Big shoes but this is the second time Turly has now been called on to fill them. Good move, Peterson. Gotta hand it to 'em. I've long berated the grand Puba but Peterson showed me some BIG 'OLE testicles this year. Could pay off. It WILL be interesting.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2006, 07:59 PM
There is life after Roaf folks. Get over it.

I couldnt agree more.

kcirnamffoh
08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
It's time for HOF'er Willie to retire, anyway. He goes out on top of his game. The man who can barely walk but will be 20 yards downfield to flatten a saftey. He walks off, abeit with a gimp in his hitch, a better man.

My hat's off to him. Good luck, Willie :toast:

kc rush
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
We are a better offense with him in there, so I'm hoping the guy comes back. If not, lets get a final and definative no so people can move on.

kcirnamffoh
08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
We are a better offense with him in there, so I'm hoping the guy comes back. If not, lets get a final and definative no so people can move on.

If I'm not mistaken he HAS turned in his retirement papers. That seems pretty final to me. What more can Roaf do? I don't think it says anywhere that he has to hold a news conference.

By the way, I've moved on and so should you. Players of Roaf's caliber can raise the level of play of his successor. Some teams can hold a position for a long time because of that. The Chiefs have long been considered with a good O-line. Peterson has been doing that. There's no reason to think that Turely or Svitek could not carry the torch.

I think I'm convinced that Black can't. :eek:

PastorMikH
08-13-2006, 09:18 PM
OK, I know this question isn't going to be popular, but after watching Turley last night take care of the DE AND the blitzing LB I've been wondering...

What if Roaf comes back and after about the third or 4th game it is apparent that Roaf's age has actually caught up with him and Turley is the better player at LT?

What do you do? Bench a Hall of Famer or leave him in when there is a better player available?

BigRock
08-13-2006, 09:24 PM
OK, I know this question isn't going to be popular, but after watching Turley last night take care of the DE AND the blitzing LB
That was definitely cool.

Just curious about the original topic... is ESPN saying Roaf will be on Cold Pizza, or was it local KC media or something like that? I saw some ads on ESPN before, but they didn't mention him.

greg63
08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
If he's going to do a national interview like that, it's probably to explain why he's retiring.

Kind of what I'm thinking; although I'll hope for the best while expecting the worst.

kc rush
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
OK, I know this question isn't going to be popular, but after watching Turley last night take care of the DE AND the blitzing LB I've been wondering...

What if Roaf comes back and after about the third or 4th game it is apparent that Roaf's age has actually caught up with him and Turley is the better player at LT?

What do you do? Bench a Hall of Famer or leave him in when there is a better player available?

I guess you could let him fake an injury to save face.

kcirnamffoh
08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
First of all, why would you think Roaf is coming back?

Secondly, something tells me that Roaf is retiring with a good conscience and Turley, maybe even Svitek is part of that. Something tells me he thinks he is leaving the position in good hands. He didn't retire last season when Black was the only viable option.

kc rush
08-13-2006, 09:34 PM
If I'm not mistaken he HAS turned in his retirement papers. That seems pretty final to me. What more can Roaf do? I don't think it says anywhere that he has to hold a news conference.

By the way, I've moved on and so should you. Players of Roaf's caliber can raise the level of play of his successor. Some teams can hold a position for a long time because of that. The Chiefs have long been considered with a good O-line. Peterson has been doing that. There's no reason to think that Turely or Svitek could not carry the torch.

I think I'm convinced that Black can't. :eek:

There has been too much double speak to put the final nail in the coffin. Whether it has been generated by Roafs agent or the team, it is out there.

If he does go on Cold Pizza and say he is done, that is fine, I'm ready to move on.

I'm not holding out hope, but I do believe that we are a better team with him in there.

kc rush
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
First of all, why would you think Roaf is coming back?

Secondly, something tells me that Roaf is retiring with a good conscience and Turley, maybe even Svitek is part of that. Something tells me he thinks he is leaving the position in good hands. He didn't retire last season when Black was the only viable option.

I think that Turley and Svitek could do a fine job, there are just injury worries with Turley's back and Svitek may not be able to hold up for a full year having taken so many snaps in Europe.

kcirnamffoh
08-13-2006, 09:47 PM
I think that Turley and Svitek could do a fine job, there are just injury worries with Turley's back and Svitek may not be able to hold up for a full year having taken so many snaps in Europe.

Well, another season with Roaf ... you have to consider him, too. That is why I have a feeling he's done. He know's it, himself. Why not let the Chiefs move on right from the beginning of a new season. Why take the chance on Willie missing time because of nagging injuries only to be filled by an unprepared player. Roaf is doing the Chiefs a favor. If he thinks he can't take the rigors of another season why risk it? for either party? Turely's back is a none issue. He got over that. Two years it took him. I think he knows what he is doing. Svitek is young and looked good in Europe. I don't think he'll have to do it again. He's ready. The only thing I'm concerned about is making HIM wait. I would almost be tempted to put him there and Turley on the right side.

Rausch
08-13-2006, 10:00 PM
I guess you could let him fake an injury to save face.

DV is no longer the Chiefs HC...

kc rush
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
DV is no longer the Chiefs HC...

Ehh, it was all that I could think of.

greg63
08-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Bumparoo! :D

JimNasium
08-14-2006, 10:57 AM
WTF is going on here?

DaKCMan AP
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
someone's ordering pizza?

ChiefsFan4Life
08-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Someone on another board said this just ended and he "shut the door" for good

BigRedChief
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Roaf:
I'm retired. The door is closed. The body is not responding.

Pretty clear that he's done and this wasn't a way to get out of training camp.

UTChief
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
I was watching he said the door was defenatly closed for this year. He isn't coming back.

morphius
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Roaf:
I'm retired. The door is closed. The body is not responding.

Pretty clear that he's done and this wasn't a way to get out of training camp.
I was pretty sure his goal was never to just miss training camp, that never made sense to me.

R&GHomer
08-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, that's that. Thanks for your time in KC

Hog Farmer
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
How many times do I have to tell you guys!

Willie Roaf will not be back!

BigRedChief
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
I was pretty sure his goal was never to just miss training camp, that never made sense to me.

I agree. I never thought this was a way to get out of training camp.

Brock
08-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Can we move on now?

RockChalk
08-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Can we move on now?

God I hope so. I never have been able to figure out why a lot of people on this board seemed so adament about him coming back. Roaf RETIRED people, live with it. This is not the end of our season and is most definately not the end of your lives.

milkman
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Can we move on now?

Are you new here?

We can NEVER move on.

But you knew this.