PDA

View Full Version : Hardball

luv
08-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm not a big Keanu Reeves fan, but I love this movie.

Radio is on now. Another tearjerker.

banyon
08-13-2006, 08:00 PM
luv, you are the first person I've ever heard say that they liked this film.

A couple of my friends are film critics and this is probably one of their favorite films to make fun of.

It is a pretty bizarre movie. It is rated PG-13, but it should've been a kids movie. So no kids could see it and it did much worse than expected at the box office. Why would you make a movie all cute about kids, add swearing casually and then kill the cutest one off? Truly odd motivations behind the filmmaker.

I will say that the funniest thing is listening to the Director's DVD commentary. He truly believed that this film was going to sweep the Academy Awards. He keeps going on and on about what a great actor Keanu is because he makes such great "choices".

I guess he means quotes like,

" I'm blown away by your ability to show up through everything that's gone on."

Anyway, I disagree, but that's the way movies go. One person's treasure is another's garbage and vice versa. :)

I haven't seen Radio.

luv
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM

A couple of my friends are film critics and this is probably one of their favorite films to make fun of.

It is a pretty bizarre movie. It is rated PG-13, but it should've been a kids movie. So no kids could see it and it did much worse than expected at the box office. Why would you make a movie all cute about kids, add swearing casually and then kill the cutest one off? Truly odd motivations behind the filmmaker.

I will say that the funniest thing is listening to the Director's DVD commentary. He truly believed that this film was going to sweep the Academy Awards. He keeps going on and on about what a great actor Keanu is because he makes such great "choices".

Anyway, I disagree, but that's the way movies go. One person's treasure is another's garbage and vice versa. :)

I haven't seen Radio.
Just because it's revolves around a kids baseball team doesn't mean it's a kids movie. It's about what he learned from coaching the team.

I didn't say it was my favorite, but I really don't care what your friends think about it (or mine for that matter). I still like watching it. I don't think it was Academy Award material, and that they could have done a lot better casting than putting Keanu in it.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2006, 08:24 PM

I haven't seen Radio.

Its a decent flick. Not Oscar worthy, but hardly awful either. The reason it might not have made much $$$$ is because it had the distinction of being released on Sept. 14th 2001, the first movie released after 9/11. I just dont think people were in the mood much to go to the movies during that time period.

banyon
08-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Just because it's revolves around a kids baseball team doesn't mean it's a kids movie. It's about what he learned from coaching the team.

I didn't say it was my favorite, but I really don't care what your friends think about it (or mine for that matter). I still like watching it. I don't think it was Academy Award material, and that they could have done a lot better casting than putting Keanu in it.

You must care what somebody thinks or ya wouldn'tve posted the thread. :p

I do think the scenes with the Kekambas though are pretty cutesy though, and more like a kids' movie.