PDA

View Full Version : California Absentee Ballots

TheFly
12-14-2000, 11:14 AM
Really weird stuff going on here in LaLa land...

California was supposed to release the absentee ballot results on the 12th, but they didn't.

Now we're supposed to release them on the 16th, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

On Sunday I ran into my daughter's old soccer club coach, a high powered lawyer, while waiting in line to get Backstreet Boys tickets (yuk) for her at Wherehouse records. He was doing Xmas shopping.

Anyway, I joked, "Why aren't you in Florida?!" He replied, "You ain't seen nothing yet. What's happening here in California is going to make Florida look like a cake walk." He could not go into details, but I'm wondering what the heck he was talking about. Could it have something to do with the absentee ballots?

Wait and see...

[This message has been edited by TheFly (edited 12-14-2000).]

58Forever
12-14-2000, 11:21 AM
Unless it's like blatant voter fraud then what's the difference...besides, it can't change to outcome of the election...didn't Gore win California?

But then again, anything that happens in CA wouldn't surprise me...maybe they found out that Elvis did win a playoff game.

Baby Lee
12-14-2000, 11:25 AM
The central aim of this election, the naming of the president, has finally been achieved. Whatever happens in CA, while perhaps 'mind-blowing' or 'sensational' is not likely to 'cake-walk'ize the FL decision.

mlyonsd
12-14-2000, 11:29 AM
How many outstanding absentee ballots are there in CA?

It would be funny if there were enough to put 'W ahead of Gore in the popular vote.

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 12-14-2000).]

TheFly
12-14-2000, 11:32 AM
Ca Absentee Ballots: approx 1,146,000
(give or take a few hundred)<BR>

KCTitus
12-14-2000, 11:37 AM
Bush would have to garner about 65% of those votes to overtake Gores pop vote lead.

TheFly
12-14-2000, 11:50 AM
Just checked the California Secretary of State website... No absentee ballot totals have been posted yet... It says they will be on the 16th... So will just have to wait...

There's no way Bush will overtake Gore in totals in California but he could overtake the Total Popular Vote... Lot of military absentees and all that...

[This message has been edited by TheFly (edited 12-14-2000).]

kcred
12-14-2000, 01:42 PM
You mean they are actually going to count the military votes in California, that is original.