PDA

View Full Version : OUR SEASON IS TEH OVER!

SNR
08-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Sheesh, everyone is treating this like a regular season loss.

It's preseason. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Remember how we were 0-4 last year in these games?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Factors:

No Tony G
No Brian Waters
No Tamba Hali
No 2 and 3 QB
No Michael Bennett

New Defensive Scheme
New Coach
First Game of preseason
Many New position coaches

The Qb has never played and NFL game

There are many more.

Psyko Tek
08-13-2006, 03:29 PM
WE'RE DOOMED,
DOOMED, I TELL YOU
DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Tuckdaddy
08-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't think anyone cares that we lost but without capable backups we will not win the division or very many games. The Texans D-line destroyed our second and third O-line realy bad. That should make all of us nervous. Printers will not make the roster but the other QB's are not good either and that should make us nervous.

greg63
08-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Sheesh, everyone is treating this like a regular season loss.

It's preseason. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Remember how we were 0-4 last year in these games?

:nosmilie: :nosmilie:

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 04:48 PM
They should be practicing longer not shorter-this team sucks!!

Demonpenz
08-13-2006, 04:52 PM
there's no preseason for doom

beer bacon
08-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Factors:

No Tony G
No Brian Waters
No Tamba Hali
No 2 and 3 QB
No Michael Bennett

New Defensive Scheme
New Coach
First Game of preseason
Many New position coaches

The Qb has never played and NFL game

There are many more.

Also, no Benny Sapp, Lenny Walls, Carlos Hall, or Wilkerson.

milkman
08-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't think anyone cares that we lost but without capable backups we will not win the division or very many games. The Texans D-line destroyed our second and third O-line realy bad. That should make all of us nervous. Printers will not make the roster but the other QB's are not good either and that should make us nervous.

What other QB's did you see play last night?

Maly
08-13-2006, 05:30 PM
What other QB's did you see play last night?
My thoughts exactly

whoman69
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I felt badly for Printers. He had absolutely no protection back there. He looked much better later in the game once he got into the flow. I did think there was one time when he spun into the sack instead of stepping up as Trent would have done to buy more time. If we have to rely on Damon Huard this season we are toast. My theory is he is acting hurt so the coaches can't see how horrible he is under game conditions.

Hoover
08-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Isn't Kerry Collins a FA? Now i don't like they guy, but at least we would have a legit #2

Spott
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I'd completely forgotten that we were 0-4 in the preseason last year. As long as noone gets hurt, I've never really cared how we do in the preseason.

On a side note, the 85 Bears went 1-3 in the preseason.

KCChiefsFan88
08-13-2006, 07:07 PM
The Chiefs haven't won a preseason game since 2003 Shit!

Chan93lx50
08-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Isn't Kerry Collins a FA? Now i don't like they guy, but at least we would have a legit #2

As much as I hate that guy, he would make a better #2 than Huard

Discuss Thrower
08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
IMHO, Kansas City should start to gameplan for netting either Billy Volek or Matt Schaub, and/or any quarterback that shows potential. Volek, imho, could probably be a solid backup for Trent if he gets released this year and possibly could be a transition for when Croyle is ready. Hinging on whether or not Carl feels that backup QB is something of necessity.

I see no problem with Collins, because those in charge of personnel know more than us armchair GMs. I just get the feeling that Kerry Collins
is more than a tad bit rattled from his prior experiences.

Anyway, and despite my usual negativity when it comes to things that are out of my control; I do not feel the season is doomed after one preseason game. I get the feeling that KC will probably win one meaningless game, and lose the other two. The regular season is a different story.

I still feel that, on paper, the 2006 Chiefs are not at all improved from the 2005 Chiefs. Being said, anything from an 8-8 to a 10-6 record will not surprise me. Looking at the schedule NOW, [8/13/06] I can guesstimate a 6-2 Home record, and 4-4 Road record. I feel that the two home losses will probably be Seattle and the Donks. On the road, Cleveland, St. Louis, and Oakland are the closest you can get to assuring a KC win. Is this negativity? In my opinion, no, as the 2005 Chiefs (and by extension the 2006 Chiefs) could simply not win on the road.

So 10-6, maybe 9-7. That could be enough for a Wild Card, and it might not be. Is this the worst of outcomes? No. To assume a team with missing key pieces to the best offense in recent history,a new Head Coach, and a defense that has not proved that it has gotten better to win at least one playoff game is foolish. Next year, maybe, after new players are brought in to bolster the current holes and Herm has a year to work things out, but that's a big maybe.

But that's just me after one game in August. I, as well as most with common sense, will reevaluate their position after a few true games. If you want to be, for all intents and purposes, an idiot and scream "WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED", then feel free to do so when a game that's worth a shit has been completed. You'll probably see this kind of talk after Week 2 when Kansas City is either 1-1 or 0-2.

milkman
08-13-2006, 07:16 PM
IMHO, Kansas City should start to gameplan for netting either Billy Volek or Matt Schaub, and/or any quarterback that shows potential. Volek, imho, could probably be a solid backup for Trent if he gets released this year and possibly could be a transition for when Croyle is ready. Hinging on whether or not Carl feels that backup QB is something of necessity.

I see no problem with Collins, because those in charge of personnel know more than us armchair GMs. I just get the feeling that Kerry Collins

Anyway, and despite my usual negativity when it comes to things that are out of my control; I do not feel the season is doomed after one preseason game. I get the feeling that KC will probably win one meaningless game, and lose the other two. The regular season is a different story.

I still feel that, on paper, the 2006 Chiefs are not at all improved from the 2005 Chiefs. Being said, anything from an 8-8 to a 10-6 record will not surprise me. Looking at the schedule NOW, [8/13/06] I can guesstimate a 6-2 Home record, and 4-4 Road record. I feel that the two home losses will probably be Seattle and the Donks. On the road, Cleveland, St. Louis, and Oakland are the closest you can get to assuring a KC win. Is this negativity? In my opinion, no, as the 2005 Chiefs (and by extension the 2006 Chiefs) could simply not win on the road.

So 10-6, maybe 9-7. That could be enough for a Wild Card, and it might not be. Is this the worst of outcomes? No. To assume a team with missing key pieces to the best offense in recent history,a new Head Coach, and a defense that has not proved that it has gotten better to win at least one playoff game is foolish. Next year, maybe, after new players are brought in to bolster the current holes and Herm has a year to work things out, but that's a big maybe.

But that's just me after one game in August. I, as well as most with common sense, will reevaluate their position after a few true games. If you want to be, for all intents and purposes, an idiot and scream "WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED", then feel free to do so when a game that's worth a shit has been completed. You'll probably see this kind of talk after Week 2 when Kansas City is either 1-1 or 0-2.

I think you might have just won the award for most worthless post ever.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Predicting we are going to lose at home against the Donks?? That is a stoopid post.

Are you trying to jinx our season??

Plus it is Thanksgiving.

kcirnamffoh
08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=J-Town Fan 1988]I feel that the two home losses will probably be Seattle and the Donks.

What? The Chiefs at home losing to the bronx? NIP IT!! NIP IT IN THE BUD!! STFU

Calcountry
08-14-2006, 11:19 AM

But that's just me after one game in August. I, as well as most with common sense, will reevaluate their position after a few true games. If you want to be, for all intents and purposes, an idiot and scream "WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED", then feel free to do so when a game that's worth a shit has been completed. You'll probably see this kind of talk after Week 2 when Kansas City is either 1-1 or 0-2.Well then, CP better get the NFL to let 2 additional teams to qualify for the playoffs.

DMAC
08-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Isn't Kerry Collins a FA? Now i don't like they guy, but at least we would have a legit #2Seems like someone picked him up.

If not, I don't see why he is not on our team.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:27 AM
The Chiefs haven't won a preseason game since 2003 Shit!
and haven't won a playoff game since 97

ct
08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Seems like someone picked him up.

If not, I don't see why he is not on our team.

Because he wants big $, but he sucks and everybody knows it. He's still a FA, and will remain a FA until some team loses a starter and panics. I pray it is not KC.

ct
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
and haven't won a playoff game since 97

uh...Laz?

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:43 AM
uh...Laz?
i know, i know ... 93

it just hurts :sulk:

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 11:48 AM
i know, i know ... 93

it just hurts :sulk:

This is our year.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 11:49 AM
This is our year.

see avatar:

boogblaster
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
IF we can jell the Defence we'll make the playoffs....from there its a crap-shoot for everybody....BOOG OUTT....

chiefsfan1963
08-14-2006, 02:17 PM
I felt badly for Printers. He had absolutely no protection back there. He looked much better later in the game once he got into the flow. I did think there was one time when he spun into the sack instead of stepping up as Trent would have done to buy more time. If we have to rely on Damon Huard this season we are toast. My theory is he is acting hurt so the coaches can't see how horrible he is under game conditions.

despite printers 1st game performance, I think this guy has real potential if given time. very fast, big arm. pretty tough. i'm not willing to write him off just yet.