PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams

Marcellus
08-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Anyone else totally unimpressed with Mario last night? I know he only played a quarter but he only assisted on 1 tackle.

Turley, out of football for 2 years handled him quite well.

Meanwhile Reggie Bush breaks one for 44 yards on his second touch and Vince Young goes 4/11.

It will be interesting to see how their 3 careers play out.

Moooo
08-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Anyone else totally unimpressed with Mario last night? I know he only played a quarter but he only assisted on 1 tackle.

Turley, out of football for 2 years handled him quite well.

Meanwhile Reggie Bush breaks one for 44 yards on his second touch and Vince Young goes 4/11.

It will be interesting to see how their 3 careers play out.

Vince Young has a long learning curve. I'd put a few dollars to the Titans having the first draft pick next year.

As far as Mario, its way too small of a timeframe to be judging him on. And even though its the opposite effect, I say the same for Reggie Bush.

Moooo

Rudy lost the toss
08-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I think Bush has the most potential and is the safest pick. At worst, I think Reggie could have a career like Napoleon Kaufman, which isn't bad at all. Of course he also has the potential to do so much more.

banyon
08-13-2006, 03:51 PM

Well, this guy I guess:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145478

Sure-Oz
08-13-2006, 03:52 PM
I think Bush has the most potential and is the safest pick. At worst, I think Reggie could have a career like Napoleon Kaufman, which isn't bad at all. Of course he also has the potential to do so much more.
I thought kaufman retired way too soon, he had talent.

TinyEvel
08-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm more anxious to see the careers of Hali, Croyle and Pollard explode.

dtebbe
08-13-2006, 04:53 PM
I think a lot of people forget just how good Turley was when he stopped playing. Although he has been out of the league for 2 years, he claims he kept in shape and kept working out, while dropping the weight and rehabbing his back. I didn't see anyone get around him OR run over him, so I think as long as he stays healthy, he will be a welcome surprise wherever he ends up playing.

DT

htismaqe
08-13-2006, 04:56 PM

Bush may have the most potential but he's far from the safest pick. In fact, those 2 things are almost mutually exclusive.

If Reggie Bush has a career like Kaufman, that's really not that good, considering he's the 2nd-coming of Gale Sayers and the 2nd overall pick...

DJay23
08-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Bush may have the most potential but he's far from the safest pick. In fact, those 2 things are almost mutually exclusive.

If Reggie Bush has a career like Kaufman, that's really not that good, considering he's the 2nd-coming of Gale Sayers and the 2nd overall pick...
Bush had a Barry Sandersish night...

6 carries 59 yards. take away the 1 for 44 and he averaged a whopping 3 yards per carry.

Of course that 44 yarder was a loss that he turned around and busted open.

jlscorpio
08-13-2006, 05:37 PM
I remember some assclown on here saying "Mario Williams wil dominate the entire NFL, while Reggie Bush only gets 3 TD's a year" shortly after the draft. To draft ANY defensive player ahead of Bush, he better be the 2nd coming of Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, or Ronnie Lott. Williams is none of those, and the Texans will look like complete IDIOTS by mid-season.