PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

KCBOSS1
08-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I know several of you guys play fantasy football and I'm sure that some of you have been league commissioners. This is my first year to start a league. Do you guys have any recommendations on the best sites to use and their options. I played on FoxSports last year and our league had some problems with it. Any good advice would be appreciated.

Bill Lundberg
08-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Have everyone throw in $10 and use cbssportline.com you will thank me

Nzoner
08-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Statsworld (http://www.statsworld.com/),our league is starting our 4th year with them and have no complaints.Fairly reasonable as well.

chop
08-13-2006, 05:59 PM
The guys in my league chose to use yahoo again this year. I had them check out the espn site but they were already used to yahoo so we stayed. I've played on cbssportsline, fanball, yahoo, and some other site I cannot remember the name.

Espn, nfl.com, and cbssportsline are all pretty much the same thing. Yahoo and fanball are setup up a little differently.

KCBOSS1
08-13-2006, 06:10 PM
CBS sportsline is the one that I am looking at the hardest. But it's like at least twice as expensive as fanball. Options and navigation looks really good though.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I got booted off on my laptop and couldn't get a re-connect.

DTLB58
08-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Have everyone throw in $10 and use cbssportline.com you will thank me

I am kommish of our league. We have used cbssportsline for probably 5 years now? A lot better last year than when they first started, they do get better every year.

We did the early bird payment (in by June 30th I think) and it was $130. I think it's a $150 now so @ $10 a crack.....they may have to put in a little more than $10....But yes, we are happy with them.

Chieftain58
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
CBS Sportsline, 9th year of our league....

Chieftain58
08-13-2006, 06:21 PM
An older article but it's like 18 million people playing Fantasy Football now.

ARTICLE:
They're male, they're about 36, and they own their homes. Meet the 15 million people who have made fantasy sports into a $1.5 billion business.

That's according to a study from the University of Mississippi.

Now, this may have some spouses rolling their eyes, but it has advertisers drooling.

Bobby McCormick teaches sports economics at Clemson University.
BOBBY MCCORMICK: A lot of money's on the line. It heightens their demand to know details. It really does integrate the fan into the sport.
So advertisers are shelling out 7-figures to appear on the real-time game stats that ESPN will send to your cell phone and Fox will send to your computer.

DirecTV even put up the dough for ESPN to make every NFL game fully interactive with fantasy stats and injury updates.

morphius
08-13-2006, 06:25 PM
we started using this one last year, it was decent...

http://www.xpertsports.com/

Guru
08-13-2006, 06:50 PM
www.fleaflicker.com

Herzig
08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
We use AOL Fantasy League Manager. It's run by Fanball, it's FREE, it's fully customizable, etc. Used it all last year with ZERO problems. We left FOXSPORTS and went there.

http://fantasysports.aol.com/fb/index.cfm