PDA

View Full Version : Will the Chiefs have a signicant downfield passing game this season?

KCChiefsFan88
08-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Aside from maybe 3 passing plays last night, everything was underneath, short passes, dink and dunk stuff. Will Solari be willing (and allowed to) attack downfield with a downfield passing game on a consistent basis, or will Herm Schottenheimer bring the Chiefs' passing game back to the time when the dink and dunk pass dominated the domain.

Also will Solari be utilizing the shotgun formation on a regular basis this season.

I'm curious

Moooo
08-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Aside from maybe 3 passing plays last night, everything was underneath, short passes, dink and dunk stuff. Will Solari be willing (and allowed to) attack downfield with a downfield passing game on a consistent basis, or will Herm Schottenheimer bring the Chiefs' passing game back to the time when the dink and dunk pass to dominated the domain.

Also will Solari be utilizing the shotgun formation on a regular basis this season.

I'm curious

I think it will be a lot more possesion based (dink and dunk), but there's not a coach out there who look at Green and say "We're not going to let him open up the field," at least a little bit.

As far as the shotgun, your guess is as good as mine...

Moooo

Deberg_1990
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Yes, everything will be fine. Dont read too much in to last nights game. Its only the 1st pre-season game and everything was dumbed down intentionally.

milkman
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm curious

Sure ya are.

Of course, my money says you're just fishing for another reason to bitch.

htismaqe
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Sure ya are.

Of course, my money says you're just fishing for another reason to bitch.

We have a winner!

Count Alex's Losses
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't think one preseason game indicates a major shift. The Chiefs have been throwing all kinds of deep stuff in training camp.

Chieftain58
08-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes, everything will be fine. Dont read too much in to last nights game. Its only the 1st pre-season game and everything was dumbed down intentionally.

I hope you are right... We looked really dumb against the Texans! OMG the Texans! But I will say what Vermeil says about the Bengals "They've had the first round draft pick 7 out of the last 10 years they should be good."

keg in kc
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
No.

We're doomed.