PDA

View Full Version : I have an offer for anyone that enjoys reading about the Chiefs

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I've got five extra copies of Warpaint Illustrated - The Magazine.

I will send out one copy each to the first five people that respond to this thread - free of charge.

Here's the catch - You have to read it, cover to cover. Once you're done, you have to come back here and answer six questions:

1. Did I enjoy my copy of Warpaint Illustrated?

2. What was my favorite part?

3. What was my least favorite part?

4. How can the magazine improve?

5. Based on my free copy of Warpaint Illustrated, would I buy a subscription? If not, why not?

6. Anything else you want to add.

Rain Man
08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
(Ahem.) Can I have a copy or two?

TinyEvel
08-13-2006, 09:27 PM
F!CK YEah! I'm iN!

(IS this just some rogue way of getting addresses so you can snail mail spam us?

COVER TO COVER! That's a lot of dumps

I'M STILL IN

banyon
08-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Doesn't this mean you'd have our mailing addresses?

"Bob" Dobbs
08-13-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm game. Is the offer open to relative n00bs?

Pitt Gorilla
I'll take one.

Count Alex's Wins
Doesn't this mean you'd have our mailing addresses?

Yeah, but I'm just a guy. I don't run a spam service out of my house.

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm game. Is the offer open to relative n00bs?

It's open to anyone.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
then i'm in.

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
tinyevel
Pitt Gorilla
SEKChiefsFan
banyon (maybe)

banyon
08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, but I'm just a guy. I don't run a spam service out of my house.

Sorry, You're gonna need - ahem, shut your mouth - security level clearance to access that info.

mac58
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM
im in

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM
One spot left. ACT NOW!

Raiderhader
08-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Why not, I'll find out what all the hub-bub is about.

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
tinyevel
Pitt Gorilla
SEKChiefsFan
mac58
raiderhader

PM me the address at which you would like to receive the magazine.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Your PM box is full

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Go ahead.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Got it. Thanks!

mac58
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
i PM'd you. . .Thanks for the magazine. . much appreciated. . .

Demonpenz
08-13-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm In

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 09:52 PM
You're out, actually.

Please use this thread to post your reviews once you've finished with your magazines.

Logical
08-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Uncool, pimp your free copies but get the respondents to answer the questions at WPI

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Screw that. They're Chiefsplanet members. They can answer them here. Good or bad.

Phobia
08-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Why is it uncool, Jim? Did ChiefsPlanet start a competing magazine of which I'm not aware? We review every Chiefs related item available to us as consumers but for some reason it's uncool to review a magazine - the only magazine available to Chiefs fans? Come on already. Obviously I'm going to have an agenda in this discussion but your suggestion is kinda ridiculous.

chiefs4me
08-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Why is it uncool, Jim? Did ChiefsPlanet start a competing magazine of which I'm not aware? We review every Chiefs related item available to us as consumers but for some reason it's uncool to review a magazine - the only magazine available to Chiefs fans? Come on already. Obviously I'm going to have an agenda in this discussion but your suggestion is kinda ridiculous.

piss him off some more..send me one... well, a girls gotta try...:D

morphius
08-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Uncool, pimp your free copies but get the respondents to answer the questions at WPI
It doesn't bother me jim, it is a bit annoying and sure it is free advertising for them, but it is Chiefs news that people will be getting, so that is cool.

If our planet could ever get off of its ass and start offering something similar... Well then it would be an issue, but since we have enough issues just trying to keep our server up...

Oh well.

BIG K
08-13-2006, 10:55 PM

You know, way before I ever bought a computer I used to receive the "Chiefs Report' magazine. At that time, it was my only link to Chief's news since I live in CA. As far as I know, there is no other magazine availible that relates only to the Chiefs until tonight. I would be VERY interested to receive a mag about the Chief's......

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Sounds like a marketing ploy by Nick.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, and I would like one for the next poll.

Phobia
08-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a marketing ploy by Nick.

We're not nearly that organized. Gochiefs conceived of this all by his lonesome.

Bowser
08-13-2006, 11:11 PM
We're not nearly that organized. Gochiefs conceived of this all by his lonesome.

You're doomed.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 11:13 PM

Its a good idea, it would be a GREAT idea if I could get a copy too.

Count Alex's Wins
08-13-2006, 11:17 PM
If I get any more extraneous copies, you'll be the first to receive one, Halfcan.

Bowser
08-13-2006, 11:19 PM
I should have let Phil finish my basement. I bet I'd have a premium membership right about now.

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 11:21 PM
If I get any more extraneous copies, you'll be the first to receive one, Halfcan.

Thanks, all kidding aside, it is a pretty good mag, not Playboy good, but better than Sports Illustrated-except the swimsuit issue.

The KC Star has really slipped on covering the Chiefs.

Phobia
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
I should have let Phil finish my basement. I bet I'd have a premium membership right about now.

Nah, I'd probably still be working on your basement - probably living there drinking all your wife's good beer. You were smart to hire somebody else.

Bowser
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Nah, I'd probably still be working on your basement - probably living there drinking all your wife's good beer. You were smart to hire somebody else.

Look at you, thinking you got out of the job. My basement sits unfinished to this day. This is my way of negotiating, but unfortunately for me, I didn't factor in the steep increase in the price of wood. At this rate, I'll just pay your mortgage off for finishing my 500 square feet of basement.

Can I pay you in Guinness and Spaten?

Phobia
08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
You can pay me in beer. My wife will require cash to allow me to continue returning each day.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Gonna have to side with Phil here.

Firstly, he's giving away free copies of a MAGAZINE, not memberships to their BB. We don't offer a magazine, so this is a whole lot of bitching about something that makes no difference to ChiefsPlanet.

Second, he's obviously doing this to improve the quality of the magazine. Take a look at his five questions and tell me he's not. We're FANS first and foremost and any news can be good news. The magazine may not be particularly useful to us now, but that's the WHOLE REASON for doing this.

JBucc
08-14-2006, 08:48 AM
People still read sports magazines?

C-Mac
08-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Appears that sharing magazines is still ingrained GoChiefs blood....

bogie
08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
If you find any additional mags laying around gathering dust, I would be happy to evaluate the quality.

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 05:24 PM
OK. Tinyevel is dragging ass on getting me his address. The first person to reply to this post gets his magazine.

OnTheWarpath58
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
OK. Tinyevel is dragging ass on getting me his address. The first person to reply to this post gets his magazine.

I want it.......

Thanks

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 05:32 PM
PM your address and I'll send it out tomorrow.

OldTownChief
08-14-2006, 06:09 PM
I want on the waiting list.

Calcountry
08-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, but I'm just a guy. I don't run a spam service out of my house.No, but you DO wardrive. hehe :p

BTW Cheefie, the Magic number on the Rumprangers is 40.

Skip Towne
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't want one.

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
That's right biatch. We're still in it and we've got two series left with the Oakland Assletics. YOU'RE GOING DOWN!

Calcountry
08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
That's right biatch. We're still in it and we've got two series left with the Oakland Assletics. YOU'RE GOING DOWN!Yep, we still have more World series than you, oh wait, we have more league Championships than you, oh wait, what's a LC? We have more division titles than you, whatever that is, eh Chiefie?

Save the best smaque for later dude, if you need it that is.

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 06:30 PM
I am just trying to enjoy this, bunny. When was the last time the Rangers were within grasp of the division this late in the year? 2004, I guess.

Calcountry
08-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I am just trying to enjoy this, bunny. When was the last time the Rangers were within grasp of the division this late in the year? 2004, I guess.No doubt, anything is possible. The RR's ranged deep into the assletics on game 3 of that series. Too bad they couldn't amortize those runs over the other 2 games eh?

The Rangers definitely have the bats to score runs, but the pitching as usual, is suspect.

So WHY did they trade for a hitter(Lee) and a washed up hitter(Stairs) again?

I just don't get it. In fact, the separation that the A's have been able to post up on the Rump rangers began simultaneously with that trade. :hmmm: Me thinks that you all threw in the towel with that deal.

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
No. We needed bats. Before Lee, our offense was sputtering. Teixeira doesn't even have 20 homers this year.

Our pitching has been solid, and the bullpen has been really good. Eaton and Kip Wells are on the staff now and also looking good.

Oh, and Millwood shaved his goatee. NOW YOU'RE SCREWED!

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Here's a stat for you: The Rangers have given up the third-fewest HRs in the AL.

Calcountry
08-14-2006, 06:42 PM
No. We needed bats. Before Lee, our offense was sputtering. Teixeira doesn't even have 20 homers this year.

Our pitching has been solid, and the bullpen has been really good. Eaton and Kip Wells are on the staff now and also looking good.

Oh, and Millwood shaved his goatee. NOW YOU'RE SCREWED!If you have the pitching, you don't need the bats.

Now you are screwed.

You're pitching IS better than last year, but still suspect.

I will be at the Black Hole tonight behind the A's bullpen in the second deck.

We have a 12 game winning streak against the Mariners. If it wasn't for us, they would be in this thing.

Count Alex's Wins
08-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Heh. We just swept their ass. I am glad to be rid of them.

Calcountry
08-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Heh. We just swept their ass. I am glad to be rid of them.Itchy row is going to have to row his boat next year.

mac58
08-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Just recieved mine in the mail today. . .i will look through it this weekend and then answer ur questions. . .

Count Alex's Wins
08-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Excellent.

Raiderhader
08-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Got mine on Wed. I've only had time to browse through it thus far though.

Count Alex's Wins
08-18-2006, 05:39 PM
That's fine. I don't want to rush you guys.

BTW I only had two extra copies of the most recent edition, so three of you got back issues.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-23-2006, 09:37 PM
I've got five extra copies of Warpaint Illustrated - The Magazine.

I will send out one copy each to the first five people that respond to this thread - free of charge.

Here's the catch - You have to read it, cover to cover. Once you're done, you have to come back here and answer six questions:

5. Based on my free copy of Warpaint Illustrated, would I buy a subscription? If not, why not?

I was pretty impressed. The Kawika cover story was pretty good; however the Herm interview didn't do much for me. Best part is, I've talked my wife into trying Phobia's shrimp recipe. THAT looks awesome!
I gotta ask, though, what's up with the B/W pix? Those pages looked, well, CHEAP. Nice job though on the Welbourn/Turley article. As far as a subscription goes, it'd depend on the price. Thanks for the mag, though.

Count Alex's Wins
08-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Black and white costs less. We're not made of money.

I am glad you were impressed. Thanks for the review.

If you'd like to pass your issue off to someone else, send me a PM.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Black and white costs less. We're not made of money.

I am glad you were impressed. Thanks for the review.

If you'd like to pass your issue off to someone else, send me a PM.

I figured it was a $$ thing, I just thought they'd ALL be B/W in that case.
I passed the issue to a buddy at work to check out.

Count Alex's Wins
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Cool, see if you can get him to post a review, or get one from him and post it.

I don't even know who makes the call on B/W vs Color. I think maybe Scout.com gives us an allowance for each issue.

Also, I'm glad you liked the Turley bit, that was mine. I was a bit embarrassed because I talked about him being the right tackle. I wrote that before Roaf's retirement came out.

Phobia
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Some of our pages are B&W, some are color/glossy. We have to achieve certain distribution numbers to get more glossy pages from Scout. We're almost there, I believe.

BTW, let me know how the recipe turns out please. I've never had anybody complain, which is why I chose to share that recipe for my first recipe "column".

"Bob" Dobbs
08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
It SOUNDS friggin' AWESOME. Can't wait to try it. The jalapenos have gotta be the key.

Pitt Gorilla
08-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Go Chiefs, this is more of a summary of my complete review; I'll provide the rest later.

1. Honestly, you were easily the best writer for the copy that I received.

2. The interview questions did not elicit interesting information.

3. Hire a freaking editor. Many of the mistakes didn't really bother me, but a "challenged" third grader would know the difference between their/there and to/too.

4. I love the Chiefs and am always looking to read more. That being said, the subscription would have to be pretty affordable for me to subscribe. Honestly, I get most of my info from the intranet dumptrucks/pipes and save my sports reading for my throne. I've already got Sporting News, so this would have to be <1.00 an issue to be worth the money, IMO.

I'm doing a lot of ripping here, but I'm used to being critical in my edits. I imagine that most people would really enjoy this publication if:
-you wrote instead of Athan
-their issue was more up to date
-the price is right.

Like I said, I'll provide more specific feedback at a later date.

Thanks for the copy.

Count Alex's Wins
08-24-2006, 12:04 AM
You got the issue with Gary Stills on the cover, didn't you?

Count Alex's Wins
08-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Anyway, I sent out several back issues, so not all of them are timely. And a couple were before I came onboard with my editing expertise, so they're a bit...rough around the edges.

Smed1065
08-24-2006, 12:13 AM
So where is your home Chiefs page?

Count Alex's Wins
08-24-2006, 12:20 AM
what?

DaFace
08-24-2006, 12:49 AM
I'd give it a try. Put me on the waiting list if you get any more!

mac58
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM

yes I did enjoy it. .. some nice pics and some good articles. . .I would have enjoyed it more if it were a current issue. . .

The draft preview was good. . .and I was pretty impresseed that the writer was dead on with the Tamba Hali prediction

Like others stated would have liked to see more color pics. . .

should make it bigger and use more color pics. . .

I personally would not buy a sub fopr the following reasons:

It was overpriced and too small. . .

I don't know too much about the Magazine business, but I think your major problem is the overpricing. . .instead u should lower price drastically basically give it away so u get ur subscription numbers way up and then u can bring in the revenue by ur advertising...im sure if u get ur subscription numbers up, u can attract bigger companies to advertise. . .from what I think. . .magazines tend to make most of there money on advertisements. . .thats why u can get a subscription to Maxim for $9 a year when the magazine sold seperately is $4.95. . .

In closing i thought it was a great magazine and i really enjoyed it, but I think u just need to work on ur marketing and it will improve both ur revenue and the actual magazine. . .

mac58
08-28-2006, 02:07 PM
bumped for Gochiefs