PDA

View Full Version : After the 1st preseason game, does "your" 53 man roster change?

John_Wayne
08-14-2006, 07:25 AM
2006 KC Chiefs 53 man roster...... as seen by me.

Offense: 25

QB: 3
Trent Green
Damon Huard
Brodie Croyle
(Printers sucked in that game.)

WR: 5
Eddie Kennison
Sammie Parker
Dante Hall (I'd rather see Dante as the 5th WR)
Chris Hannon
Jeff Webb
(Craphonso Thorpe is falling fast. Nate Curry might figure into the mix, but the WR position is too much up in the air right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs bring in a FA veteran WR soon.)

TE: 3
Tony Gonzalez
Kris Wilson
Jason Dunn

RB: 4
Larry Johnson
Michael Bennett
Mckenzie Smith
Ronnie Cruz

OL: 10
Kyle Turley
Brian Waters
Casey Weigman
Will Shields
Kevin Sampson
Will Svitek
Chris Bober
Jordan Black
Jeremey Parquet
Tre Stallings
(Obviously, things would really change if Roaf and/or Wellbourne were to return. If Roaf and/or Wellbourne return, Parquet and/or Stallings will be cut or put on the PS.)

Defense: 25

DL: 9
Jarred Allen
James Reed
Ron Edwards
Tamba Hali
Carols Hall
Lionel Daulton
Ryan Sims
Jimmy Wilkerson
Eric Hicks
(That's right. You don't see Siavii or Browning on this list. Shane Burton might figure into the mix, but I haven't seen enough from him yet.)

LB: 7
Kendrell Bell
Kawika Mitchell
Derrick Johnson
Key Fox
Kris Griffin
Boomer Grigsby
Rich Scanlon

CB/S: 9
Pat Surtain
Ty Law
Lenny Walls
Benny Sapp
Alphonso Hodge
Gregg Wesley
Sammy Knight
Bernard Pollard
Jarrad Page
(This would mean William Bartee would be gone. I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.)

ST: 3
Dustin Colquitt - P
Lawrence Tynes - K
Kendell Gammon - LS

=================

PS: 7
Nick Reid - LB
Stephen Williams - DT
Peter Heyer - G
Marcus Maxey - CB
Jeris McIntyre - WR
Arrion Dixon - DT
Nate Curry - WR
Justin Perkins - CB

kc rush
08-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Dee Brown over McKenzie/Jonathan Smith

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 07:54 AM
My list would look an awful lot like yours...

SNR
08-14-2006, 08:09 AM
WTF is Chris Hannon?

JBucc
08-14-2006, 08:11 AM
WTF is Chris Hannon?that guy who caught that long pass from printers

ChiefsFan4Life
08-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Dee Brown over McKenzie/Jonathan Smith

Bingo. That's my biggest problem with the list - Dee Brown seems a lock to be a backup

SNR
08-14-2006, 08:14 AM
that guy who caught that long pass from printersI've been keeping up with the training camp reports all summer. All of those combined tell me more than one preseason game does.

Unless we see more of this Hannon guy, I don't think he even has a shot at the squad. The way I see it, it's pretty much between Thorpe, McIntyre, Curry, and Webb, those last one or two spots.

DeepSouth
08-14-2006, 08:18 AM
I think Thorpe will end up on IR. Same maybe for Lenny Walls.

replace smith with brown at RB.

replace hannon & webb with curry & McIntire.

Iowanian
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Dalton looked like a turd...I could see him losing his spot to Burton, if he can play DT better than DE..I realize he was filling a need saturday, but I hope he looks better in the middle.

Dee Brown looks to be the 3rd back to me.

tre Stallings looked terrible. He's practice squad.

I wasn't very impressed with Griffin and think someone else might get that spot. My wildcard for that spot, based on saturday is Kershaw.

I think Hodge has to show something in the next week or so....I think at this point, Chris Johnson might be a better option for the last spot. He's got some game experience and can return kicks in a pickle.

Other than that, I don't think that is too far off.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:25 AM
I can see why people might not understand the inclusion of Hannon. But anybody that thinks Curry or McIntyre is going to beat out Webb is probably mistaken. They're saying good things about Webb, he's the only one standing out right now after the Kennison, Parker, and Dante...

keg in kc
08-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I can see why people might not understand the inclusion of Hannon. But anybody that thinks Curry or McIntyre is going to beat out Webb is probably mistaken. They're saying good things about Webb, he's the only one standing out right now after the Kennison, Parker, and Dante...Actually, in an interview on 810 Friday, the guy who does the play-by-play on the Chiefs Television Network (I'm drawing a total f*cking blank right now) mentioned Hannon as someone to watch. It was the first time I'd heard his name, and lo and behold he makes the only really standout catch of the game...

He seemed to think Hannon and Webb both might have an inside track because of their size.

tiptap
08-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Dixon, drop Hicks, expect Wilkerson to play DE and keep Dixon. He had a good showing in NFLE and take a look at his play toward the end of the game.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Actually, in an interview on 810 Friday, the guy who does the play-by-play on the Chiefs Television Network (I'm drawing a total f*cking blank right now) mentioned Hannon as someone to watch. It was the first time I'd heard his name, and lo and behold he makes the only really standout catch of the game...

He seemed to think Hannon and Webb both might have an inside track because of their size.

It was really hard to get a good read because the offensive line and Printers were so bad, but both Hannon and Webb did just enough to make you remember them over the other guys that trotted out there.

keg in kc
08-14-2006, 08:52 AM
It was really hard to get a good read because the offensive line and Printers were so bad, but both Hannon and Webb did just enough to make you remember them over the other guys that trotted out there.Webb made a couple of mistakes, but he also put himself in a position to make plays, something no one else (other than Hannon) did.

I think the size thing is a key, in order to try and find a more "traditional" possession receiver in the offense (although what's Gonzalez (or Wilson if he ever shows up), really...)

In the end, the question will probably come down to what we get on special teams, and we may still see both of them on the practice squad and someone like McIntyre on the roster because of his "familiarity" with the offense. But I like the idea of having a couple of 6'2/3, 210+ pound receivers with decent football speed at our disposal. I think either could give us as much (and probably more) than the great white hope/hype Boerigter would (I liked Bo, it's not so much a slam, but he never really did anything...).

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Webb made a couple of mistakes, but he also put himself in a position to make plays, something no one else (other than Hannon) did.

I think the size thing is a key, in order to try and find a more "traditional" possession receiver in the offense (although what's Gonzalez (or Wilson if he ever shows up), really...)

In the end, the question will probably come down to what we get on special teams, and we may still see both of them on the practice squad and someone like McIntyre on the roster because of his "familiarity" with the offense. But I like the idea of having a couple of 6'2/3, 210+ pound receivers with decent football speed at our disposal. I think either could give us as much (and probably more) than the great white hope/hype Boerigter would (I liked Bo, it's not so much a slam, but he never really did anything...).

Pretty much how I see things...

John_Wayne
08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
It was really hard to get a good read because the offensive line and Printers were so bad...........

Exactly. I didn't think that I could evaluate the offense as a whole because Printers was SOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Unless he turns into Superman really quickly, I think he is easily OFF this team. His bad performance actually gives Smoker a tiny bit of hope to make the roster.

keg in kc
08-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Smoker has absolutely no chance of making the roster.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Exactly. Smoker won't make the roster.

For Printers, it comes down to making the team or not. They might try to put him on the PS, but he single-handedly gave Croyle the #3 job the other night and if Croyle doesn't stink just as bad, Printers is gone.

SNR
08-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I agree with Iowanian. Burton brings some veteran leadership to the group and a knowledge of what it's like to play on a decent defense. Move him back inside and cut those pieces of shit Dalton or Sims. He's got 3 more preseason games to prove he's still got it, and I'm about ready to be happy with ANYTHING over Fatass and Piece of Shit.

Dixon looked impressive. I'd like to see someone like him work his ass off and beat out Dalton and Sims too.

Billyjoebrave
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I did not see or listen to the game Saturday night, but I've heard some good things about Dixon since then, too.

Iowanian
08-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I thought Dixon did look better than Both Sims and Dalton saturday. That said, lets remember that he was competing against Houston's 3s.....

Sims and Dalton are supposed to be "starters" and should be able to dominate Houston's 2s. It was pathetic that they didn't.

Jimmy Wilkerson should be moving up to the #3 DT as of now IMO.

Burton is still a question mark at best IMO....He did play alot of snaps, out of position saturday night. He is obviously not a DE, but I'll hold judgement until he sees some snaps at DT. I do hope he's got enough in the tank, and enough skill to shake up the roster.

greg63
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I agree with Iowanian. Burton brings some veteran leadership to the group and a knowledge of what it's like to play on a decent defense. Move him back inside and cut those pieces of shit Dalton or Sims. He's got 3 more preseason games to prove he's still got it, and I'm about ready to be happy with ANYTHING over Fatass and Piece of Shit.

Dixon looked impressive. I'd like to see someone like him work his ass off and beat out Dalton and Sims too.Carl in a conference call with Zygi and Mark Wilf:

Carl - So, uumm, you guys still want Sims?

Zygi and Mark: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!....GASP!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

SNR
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I thought Dixon did look better than Both Sims and Dalton saturday. That said, lets remember that he was competing against Houston's 3s.....

Sims and Dalton are supposed to be "starters" and should be able to dominate Houston's 2s. It was pathetic that they didn't.

Jimmy Wilkerson should be moving up to the #3 DT as of now IMO.We drafted Wilkerson as a DE. Is he decent in the middle? Better than he would be on the end?

Iowanian
08-14-2006, 10:24 AM
I think in a cover 2, he's a good undertackle....in the mold of James Reed. I noticed at Mankato that Wilkerson was a very vocal leader on the field for the DLine. He also provides the ability to play DE if needed, which is a bonus if Browning is indeed Done.

Billyjoebrave
08-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Is Jimmy nursing a hamstring? Hopefully he will be fine soon. He and/or Shane Burton could swing between DE/DT.

Iowanian
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
If the Chiefs find themselves in a position where Shane Burton is lining up at DE in an Inseason NFL Game.....they're in big trouble.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-14-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't think McIntyre can play a third year on PS

Otter
08-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Looking at the list of wide receivers isn't the most encouraging piece of information.

First date to trim rosters is Aug 30th, final cut is Sept 3rd. Hopefully they can pick someone up who could help out.

I'm not holding my breath however.