PDA

View Full Version : THE END OF SIMMS

Zman
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I think its safe to say that Simms is another flop draft pick. He played most of the game against 2nd and 3rd team players and put pressure up the middle maybe once. I think the end is near for another 300lb piece of Sh*t. Way to go Carl! :banghead:

banyon
08-14-2006, 08:22 AM
I didn't know that Carl Drafted Chris Simms.

morphius
08-14-2006, 08:22 AM
You can tell how good he is by the number of people that can spell his name correctly...

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Don't forget Dick Vermeil.

ChiTown
08-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Biggest bust in Chiefs history.................err, or CP's draft history........and that's saying something. ;)

BTW, I really liked Reed's play. Dude got penetration and was disruptive. Me likey.

keg in kc
08-14-2006, 08:24 AM
You can tell how good he is by the number of people that can spell his name correctly...You'd think after all these years...

...but I guess not.

Zman
08-14-2006, 08:25 AM
RYAN SIMS AND YES DON'T FORGET DICK

banyon
08-14-2006, 08:26 AM
You can tell how good he is by the number of people that can spell his name correctly...

Really?

So it's Wealliumm Barrrtzeie and Eareick Heixs?

morphius
08-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Biggest bust in Chiefs history.................err, or CP's draft history........and that's saying something. ;)

BTW, I really liked Reed's play. Dude got penetration and was disruptive. Me likey.
However that 4th and 1 he ended up about 5 yards back from the LoS. I'm going to need some more time before I'm sold on the guy.

Chief Chief
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Ryan Sims has entered the Federal Witless Protection Program and now allegedly goes by the name of Bryan Simms.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Man... I thought Phil got fired from CBS. :shake:

Cochise
08-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Oh Noees

Lzen
08-14-2006, 09:02 AM

Don't forget about Todd Blackledge. Carl Peterson really screwed up with that one.

:D

MichaelH
08-14-2006, 09:09 AM
This has been discussed many times before but the only reason Sims was good in college was because of Julius Peppers. Without a good pass rush from the ends, Sims sucks.

Zman
08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I would cut his fat over paid ASS right now!

greg63
08-14-2006, 09:24 AM

ROFLROFL

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
i didnt think sims played any better or worse than edwards or the rest of the line for that matter.

only watched the 1st half, and noone of the line looked spectacular. though the starters did get more help filling the gaps than the 2nd teamers.

all in all id give the 1st half defense a C- grade.

chop
08-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Besides Sims, know what else is sad about the Chiefs picking him?

He is the only player from that draft that is still playing for the Chiefs.

Others drafted in '02: Eddie Freeman, Omar Easy, Scott Fujita, and Maurice Rodriguez.

The Chiefs were looking at Rocky Bernard this year. They could have had him for a fifth round pick in '02.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 09:35 AM
i didnt think sims played any better or worse than edwards or the rest of the line for that matter.

only watched the 1st half, and noone of the line looked spectacular. though the starters did get more help filling the gaps than the 2nd teamers.

all in all id give the 1st half defense a C- grade.

James Reed stood out against the run.

But other than that, you're correct. None of them looked real good.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
James Reed stood out against the run.

But other than that, you're correct. None of them looked real good.

i did think reed played fairly well but it could have been the situational play calling.
sum up the D play calling as vanilla.

StcChief
08-14-2006, 09:47 AM
so do we start an end of Jr. thread too :rolleyes:

From a depth persective can we at this point dump him
knowing his cap hit for 2006. If we have to get another player.

ck_IN
08-14-2006, 09:49 AM
I didn't see the game since it wasn't carried out here and I missed the NFLNet replay so I'm at a disadvantage. However I doubt that Sims gets cut. If for no other reason then he was a 6th overall pick. He'll be given <b>every</b> chance with a pick that high.

Also if he's no worse then anyone else at DT then there's no reason to cut him unless somebody else's TC cut looks better. Lets face it, we need a body at DT and he's at least as good as any we have. That's not a good reason to keep him but I'm betting it's the operative reason.

Clarification: Ryan Sims is the signature DV pick. DV fell in love with him and traded <b>up</b> to get him.

cdcox
08-14-2006, 10:00 AM
List of starters drafted by DV as of today:

LJ - shouldn't get credit for this as he didn't want him.
Sammie Parker
Keith Sampson
Jarred Allen
Kawika Mitchell
Derrick Johnson
If we go through a rough period, the reason will be all too obvious.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
far as i care the draft pics in the DV/Cunningham era are moot. we have what we have save those who will get cut to make the reg. season roster.

The real question in my mind is............. how long will it take before herm takes complete control of the D play calling?

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Really?

Sims played roughly 3 full quarters of football and didn't have a single tackle ........ not even an assist tackle.

pathetic

chop
08-14-2006, 10:17 AM
List of starters drafted by DV as of today:

LJ - shouldn't get credit for this as he didn't want him.
Sammie Parker
Jarred Allen
Kawika Mitchell

If we go through a rough period, the reason will be all too obvious.

You forgot Derrick Johnson, Kevin Sampson, Dustin Colquitt, and Dante Hall (the number one return man).

I know Ryan didn't start the other night but I'm not sure that he has lost his starting spot yet. I did say yet.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 10:20 AM
You forgot Derrick Johnson, Kevin Sampson, Dustin Colquitt, and Dante Hall (the number one return man).
we don't really know who DV wanted and who the the Personal dept did.

heck ... we won't ever know, the chiefs front office is based on a PR political campaign philosophy.

cdcox
08-14-2006, 10:20 AM

I was going for the starting 22 only, but obviously missed a couple. Dante was a Cunningham draft choice, BTW.

chop
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I was going for the starting 22 only, but obviously missed a couple. Dante was a Cunningham draft choice, BTW.

I remove Dante from the list then.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Really?

Sims played roughly 3 full quarters of football and didn't have a single tackle ........ not even an assist tackle.

pathetic

only excuse you could make from what i saw was that he was double teamed(didnt look good) and that the gaps were so huge blah.**** it. they all looked like crap even the starters.

They looked confused and out of position and like they just wanted to get the game over and go home.

that goes for the O aswell.

pathetic. even though it was the 1st preseason game after all the hype id color this team uninspired.

Least the Skins starting D looked fantastic.....

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 10:30 AM
only excuse you could make from what i saw was that he was double teamed(didnt look good) and that the gaps were so huge blah.**** it. they all looked like crap even the starters.

They looked confused and out of position and like they just wanted to get the game over and go home.

that goes for the O aswell.

pathetic. even though it was the 1st preseason game after all the hype id color this team uninspired.

Least the Skins starting D looked fantastic.....
i don't even pay attention much to the score etc ... i wanna see effort and attitude

i didn't see much of either from the defensive line

if Sims can't even beat the texan's 3rd string offensive lineman then how is he gonna do anything for us when the realy games start?

do forget that the Texans offensive line has been a problem since they were created.

not good

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
i don't even pay attention much to the score etc ... i wanna see effort and attitude

i didn't see much of either from the defensive line

if Sims can't even beat the texan's 3rd string offensive lineman then how is he gonna do anything for us when the realy games start?

do forget that the Texans offensive line has been a problem since they were created.

not good

from personal exp. its not easy to come off an injury and preform at 1st string level.

your reaction time is off and your instincts are rusty.
This could be the reason Sims A) looked so poor B) is regulated to the second string(more playing time).

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 10:48 AM
from personal exp. its not easy to come off an injury and preform at 1st string level.

your reaction time is off and your instincts are rusty.
This could be the reason Sims A) looked so poor B) is regulated to the second string(more playing time).
Sims has been practicing all training camp ... i wasn't aware of any big injury for him.

when and what did he hurt?

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Sims has been practicing all training camp ... i wasn't aware of any big injury for him.

when and what did he hurt?

he broke his foot lastyear.

and practice speed cannot duplicate gametime speed. its just not even close.

I expected more.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:04 AM
he broke his foot lastyear.

and practice speed cannot duplicate gametime speed. its just not even close.

I expected more.
oh ... the one last year

but sims played the last half of the season last year, didn't he?

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
oh ... the one last year

but sims played the last half of the season last year, didn't he?

6 games. the last game imo until he got hurt was his best showing.

8 tkls in 6 games- isnt helping.

i still believe he has it in him and will be a starter.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I think people are underestimating the Texans offensive line. They added Flanagan in the offseason, and you can't discount the change they made in going to the Denver zone blocking scheme.

That being said, our defensive line looked like shit with one exception:

James Reed did look pretty good, let's not throw him under the bus just because everybody else stunk.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
I think people are underestimating the Texans offensive line. They added Flanagan in the offseason, and you can't discount the change they made in going to the Denver zone blocking scheme.

That being said, our defensive line looked like shit with one exception:

James Reed did look pretty good, let's not throw him under the bus just because everybody else stunk.

realisticly as a fan i expect to see something start to gell on both sides of the ball by the 3 qt of the last preseason game.
new system,new personel,new coaches. youd expect the team to look the way they did.

Im not worried.

B_Ambuehl
08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Nobody's really mentioned Dalton looking like shit. Hes always been sort've a jelly roll but even so he's always had pretty quick feet and moves like a much smaller man....not anymore...he looks like he put on about 25 puonds of lard in the off-season as does Sims.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Nobody's really mentioned Dalton looking like shit. Hes always been sort've a jelly roll but even so he's always had pretty quick feet and moves like a much smaller man....not anymore...he looks like he put on about 25 puonds of lard in the off-season as does Sims.
both guys have lost weight from what i've heard

maybe with less weight they are getting pushed around? :shrug:

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Im not worried.

I'm not either.

Coach
08-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Nothing pisses me off than people who can't even spell Sims right. You'd think they'd figured out how to spell it correctly after 4 ****ing years.

:shake: