PDA

View Full Version : What rookies don't make the team?

chiefsfan1963
08-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Maxey, Webb, Stallings? Hopefully Webb gets a roster spot I see a lot of potential. Thoughts, comments on who should make it?

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Webb will make the team. I actually think he's slowly locking up the #4 spot.

StcChief
08-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Too early to tell.

el borracho
08-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Webb will make the team. I actually think he's slowly locking up the #4 spot.
Not necessarily disagreeing but why do you think that? What have you seen or read about Webb?

Scaga
08-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Printers?
(I didn't get to see or hear the game...I'm just going off what I've read today)

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Not necessarily disagreeing but why do you think that? What have you seen or read about Webb?

He made a couple of small mistakes, but he and Hannon were the only ones that looked like they actually belonged on the field the other night. The other guys vying for those spots looked lost.

FringeNC
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Printers?
(I didn't get to see or hear the game...I'm just going off what I've read today)

Speaking of Printers. One thing that bothers me about Printers -- shouldn't he be ahead of a rookie like Croyle on adjusting to the pro game? Canada isn't the NFL, but it is professional football. That he is still so raw after having played pro ball makes me question whether he will ever develop.

SNR
08-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Stallings was definitely a "project" player that we drafted. He'll need at least an extra season to become a decent OLineman, if he does at all.

I haven't seen anything or heard anything about Maxey since we drafted him. He'll likely go on the PS.

At this point Webb is showing he wants that last receiver spot more than other guys. If he's beat out, he's VERY likely to get a 5th receiver spot if we keep 5 guys. So I'd say it's reasonable to say he'll probably be seen on the field this season, whether it be on special teams or whatever.

SNR
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Speaking of Printers. One thing that bothers me about Printers -- shouldn't he be ahead of a rookie like Croyle on adjusting to the pro game? Canada isn't the NFL, but it is professional football. That he is still so raw after having played pro ball makes me question whether he will ever develop.Exactly

Fried Meat Ball!
NFL and Canada are very different. Smaller field, less players, different types of defense... it's a very different game. Printers should really only have a leg up on things like field composure and maybe huddle command, IMO.

kc rush
Practice squad for all. Actually Webb probably has the best chance of the three of making the 53. It looks like he has some talent, and it doesn't hurt him that the rest of the squad looks bad.

Kennison should be a #2 with Parker as a #3 and Hall as a returner and sometimes contributor on offense. Things would look pretty bleak if it weren't for Tony G.

chiefsfan1963
08-14-2006, 10:20 AM
So Hali, Pollard, Codie, Page, Webb all make the team and Stallings and Maxey make the PS?

Fried Meat Ball!
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
... Codie...
I think you mean either Brodie or Croyle. Anyone want to pop up a poll? :p

chiefsfan1963
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I think you mean either Brodie or Croyle. Anyone want to pop up a poll? :p

10-4

ct
08-14-2006, 11:12 AM
So Hali, Pollard, Brodie, Page, Webb all make the team and Stallings and Maxey make the PS?

Yes

Also should add that Printers will make the roster, don't think they'll be ready to give up and expose him to waivers for the PS. Also think they'll try to keep RB Ross and LB Reid on the PS.

KC Kings
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Printers played like crap, and a lot of times all it takes is one crappy appearance to ruin your chances, but I am not convinced that he can't play in the NFL. Printers made a lot of mistakes, but a lot of those mistakes were things that could be easily fixed. There were a couple of times when it looked like he forced a throw when he should have ran, just to show the coaches that he didn't always have to run. There were also a couple of passes that the ball slipped on, one of which was a receiver with nothing but open field in front of him.

I wouldn't expect the Chiefs to keep him as a number 4, and he didn't help himself at all with the way he played, but I don't think he is as bad as he looked.

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Bonecrusher should start.

RedandGold
08-14-2006, 11:45 AM
I'd say that of that bunch, only Webb has a shot of making the team. The rest will be on the practice squad this year and sent to NFLE before next season.

Unless we pick up a veteran WR that gets cut, these are the five WRs that I can see making the team:

Kennison
Parker
Hall
McIntyre
Webb

Fried Meat Ball!
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Printers played like crap, and a lot of times all it takes is one crappy appearance to ruin your chances, but I am not convinced that he can't play in the NFL. Printers made a lot of mistakes, but a lot of those mistakes were things that could be easily fixed. There were a couple of times when it looked like he forced a throw when he should have ran, just to show the coaches that he didn't always have to run. There were also a couple of passes that the ball slipped on, one of which was a receiver with nothing but open field in front of him.

I wouldn't expect the Chiefs to keep him as a number 4, and he didn't help himself at all with the way he played, but I don't think he is as bad as he looked.
Personally, I think the coaches have gotten in Printers' head about running and he thinks he shouldn't run... consequently, he's not playing to his strengths.

However, he looked to me like he had happy feet most of the game. Just a little pressure and he'd start hopping around.

buddha
08-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Stallings got lit up like a Christmas tree over the weekend. He may be decent down the road, but he looks totally outclassed right now.

Overall, this rookie class looks good, however. The two safeties are big and fast. Hali will get there. Croyle will too. My compliments to Carl and crew.

chiefsfan1963
08-14-2006, 02:12 PM
although printers didn't have a very good appearance, the guy is very impressive athletically. Very fast. Seems to have an arm too. Real potential Vick-like QB for KC. Hard to say how he could develop. We'll wait and see.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
although printers didn't have a very good appearance, the guy is very impressive athletically. Very fast. Seems to have an arm too. Real potential Vick-like QB for KC. Hard to say how he could develop. We'll wait and see.

Puh-lease.

The ONLY reason Vick still has a job in the NFL is because he has FREAKISH speed and agility. He makes terrible decisions and his mechanics are, at best, questionable.

Printers is Vick-lite. All of the problems with half of the physical gifts.

Spicy McHaggis
08-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Real potential Vick-like QB for KC.

YESSSS!!!! I can't wait until Printers goes for 145 yds 1 Td and 2 Ints and spouts off in the post-game interviews.

And Croyle can be our Matt Schaub, the third rounder that actually gives the team the best chance to win but has to sit on the bench because management has a ridiculous amount of money tied up in the starter!

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
YESSSS!!!! I can't wait until Printers goes for 145 yds 1 Td and 2 Ints and spouts off in the post-game interviews.

And Croyle can be our Matt Schaub, the third rounder that actually gives the team the best chance to win but has to sit on the bench because management has a ridiculous amount of money tied up in the starter!

ROFL

:clap: