PDA

View Full Version : All I want from Tamba Hali is…..

Radar Chief
08-14-2006, 10:21 AM
To defend the Gawd Damn Bootleg! :cuss:
‘Cause if they can’t defend it better than they did Saturday night, what do you think the Donks are gonna do in Sept? :shake:

RealSNR
08-14-2006, 10:29 AM
No. All I want from Hali is to fulfill all the duties of his position successfully. If he does what he needs to do in the play, I'm cool with that. If anything, Gunther needs to do more to defend the damn bootleg.

Fish
08-14-2006, 10:33 AM
I blame the lack of push up the middle more than I blame Eric Hicks.....

Wile_E_Coyote
08-14-2006, 10:49 AM
someone make a dummy account called Bootleg so we can neg rep it

Radar Chief
08-14-2006, 10:55 AM
If anything, Gunther needs to do more to defend the damn bootleg.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that, he needs to work on disguising his blitzes better also.

I don’t. It seems to me every bootleg in the first half went Hicks’ direction, and he got faked out by the play action every single time.
I was discuss’n this with a coworker just a couple of moments ago and he mentioned on one bootleg that he saw Jared Allen arrive on the scene before Hicks and it was to Hicks’ side. :shake:
I wonder if it’s just that Hicks has gotten slow and can’t change direction quickly enough to get back in the QB’s face on the bootleg. Tamba is supposed to be quicker, so I’m hope’n that’ll help. If not, the second game of the regular season’s gonna be a long one.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
No. All I want from Hali is to fulfill all the duties of his position successfully. If he does what he needs to do in the play, I'm cool with that. If anything, Gunther needs to do more to defend the damn bootleg.

What more can Gunther do? He can't force a stupid DE to maintain backside containment.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:04 AM
his ****in days are numbered.

nuff said.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:04 AM

I hope we don't have to see on the field why you're wrong.

The Denver offense is a misdirection zone blocking scheme. If the linemen were to react the way you want them to, it would likely stop the QB from running outside on the bootleg, but it would allow him to hand off to the RB in the cutback lane for huge yardage.

morphius
08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
How would push up the middle effect back side contain on a bootleg?

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:08 AM
How would push up the middle effect back side contain on a bootleg?

i think he means that if the defensive ends had confidence in the ability of the defensive tackles to hold the middle they would be more likely to stay at home and keep contain.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:10 AM
i think he means that if the defensive ends had confidence in the ability of the defensive tackles to hold the middle they would be more likely to stay at home and keep contain.

not like hicks has the talent to do either.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:15 AM
not like hicks has the talent to do either.
no argument from me about that ..... hicks should of been cut years ago.

he's the kind of guy that really kills your team imo

a nice guy whom the coaches like who is JUST good enough to not get cut each year ... but who never gets any better.

instead of developing a rookie who has potential ... we keep going down the same sucky road with Hicks.

kinda like cancer that never gets cut out ...... slow death.

ChiefsFanatic
08-14-2006, 11:15 AM
What more can Gunther do? He can't force a stupid DE to maintain backside containment.

No, but he could quit playing that worthless pos.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 11:18 AM
I hope so...

He's not going to learn anything from Eric Hicks.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:36 AM
No, but he could quit playing that worthless pos.

Well, it was a preseason game in which we used a 300-pound DT at DE because we didn't have enough bodies to man the position.

I have confidence that once these guys get healthy and the real games start, Hicks will be where he belongs...

go bo
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I don’t necessarily disagree with that, he needs to work on disguising his blitzes better also.

I don’t. It seems to me every bootleg in the first half went Hicks’ direction, and he got faked out by the play action every single time.
I was discuss’n this with a coworker just a couple of moments ago and he mentioned on one bootleg that he saw Jared Allen arrive on the scene before Hicks and it was to Hicks’ side. :shake:
I wonder if it’s just that Hicks has gotten slow and can’t change direction quickly enough to get back in the QB’s face on the bootleg. Tamba is supposed to be quicker, so I’m hope’n that’ll help. If not, the second game of the regular season’s gonna be a long one.seems like awhile back i read a comment from herm about hicks...

something about not having legs under him or no legs or something...

the gist of it seemed to be that he's gotten even slower...

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:49 AM
seems like awhile back i read a comment from herm about hicks...

then just cut him and give all his reps to a younger guy.

maybe the younger guy will get better ....... hicks sure isn't going to get quicker.

go bo
08-14-2006, 11:49 AM
I hope we don't have to see on the field why you're wrong.

The Denver offense is a misdirection zone blocking scheme. If the linemen were to react the way you want them to, it would likely stop the QB from running outside on the bootleg, but it would allow him to hand off to the RB in the cutback lane for huge yardage.i'd like to copy and paste this into every thread abouit bootlegs...

it seems so simple, i don't understand why people don't get it...

go bo
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM

maybe the younger guy will get better ....... hicks sure isn't going to get quicker.if we had another younger guy to put there, he would have already been getting the reps...

as bad as hicks is, you can't replace him with a practice squad caliber player...

unless one of the younger guys steps up in tc/preseason games, or they move browning to the outside, we may be stuck with hicks as the backup to hali...

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:56 AM
as bad as hicks is, you can't replace him with a practice squad caliber player...

unless one of the younger guys steps up in tc/preseason games, or they move browning to the outside, we may be stuck with hicks as the backup to hali...
and thus the neverending circle trap that keeps eric hicks as our starting LDE. :(

Moooo
08-14-2006, 11:56 AM
seems like awhile back i read a comment from herm about hicks...

I could have sworn I heard Herm say something like the bootleg is hard to defend whenever the Defensive End is slower than the QB. I am not for certain if this was said, but it sounds REALLY familiar. Maybe its in one of the articles that's been posted around here...

Moooo

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:01 PM

maybe the younger guy will get better ....... hicks sure isn't going to get quicker.

True. But unfortunately we're woefully thin at the position. As much as Hicks sucks, he's a better backup than Mitchell or a DT lined up there.

go bo
Well, it was a preseason game in which we used a 300-pound DT at DE because we didn't have enough bodies to man the position.

I have confidence that once these guys get healthy and the real games start, Hicks will be where he belongs...are you talking about shane burton, number 73?

they have him listed as the third string le, as well as a the third string right dt, behind reed and dalton...

but like you say, a 300 pound dt makes for an interesting de in a cover 2...

Fish

Yeah... Thanks Laz... I guess my post was a little vague. It wasn't meant to defend Hicks in any way...

Let me clarify. Hicks is not a starting DE. He's a servicable backup and not too bad against the run. On several of those bootlegs, Hicks totally abandoned backside contain and followed the flow down the line because our DTs were getting stood up and moved out of the way. And at that point he doesn't have the athletic ability to change direction and run down the bootleg. If the DTs weren't getting pushed back into the LBs, I think the ends would have stayed home like they should have.

My point was, if our DTs were playing well, maintaining contain on the ends would have been much easier. Terrible play on the interior is bound to catch up with the DEs and make it much harder for them. Especially when Herm is putting so much focus on attacking and getting everyone flying to the ball. I blame the DTs more than the DEs.... it has to start in the middle...

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Hicks even looked slower than Clint Mitchell and TinkerBell. I think Hicks is about done-so long Bell, Hicks, Simmms, Bartee, Scanlon.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
True. But unfortunately we're woefully thin at the position. As much as Hicks sucks, he's a better backup than Mitchell or a DT lined up there.
as long as hicks is there the team will be tempted to settle for hicks ... using him as a crutch or safety net.

hicks is

just good enough to not get cut
just good enough to keep a non-superstar rookie down
just good enough to keep the organization from using a 1st round pick on a LDE

vicious cycle ... time to cut bait and force the team to develop a young LDE.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah... Thanks Laz... I guess my post was a little vague. It wasn't meant to defend Hicks in any way...

Let me clarify. Hicks is not a starting DE. He's a servicable backup and not too bad against the run. On several of those bootlegs, Hicks totally abandoned backside contain and followed the flow down the line because our DTs were getting stood up and moved out of the way. And at that point he doesn't have the athletic ability to change direction and run down the bootleg. If the DTs weren't getting pushed back into the LBs, I think the ends would have stayed home like they should have.

My point was, if our DTs were playing well, maintaining contain on the ends would have been much easier. Terrible play on the interior is bound to catch up with the DEs and make it much harder for them. Especially when Herm is putting so much focus on attacking and getting everyone flying to the ball. I blame the DTs more than the DEs.... it has to start in the middle...

Sorry dude, but you're just wrong.

The DT's were doing exactly what they have to do against a zone blocking scheme. The inside DE and the tackles have to flow towards the ball. If they don't do EXACTLY what they did, we're extremely vulnerable to the RB.

It is 100% the backside DE's responsibility to maintain backside containment. Hicks didn't do that, the backup DE's for the most part did.

You can continue to blame the DT's all you want, and you'd just be wrong.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
as long as hicks is there the team will be tempted to settle for hicks ... using him as a crutch or safety net.

hicks is

Having Tamba back will help. Maybe Wilkerson or somebody can help force Hicks off the team.

At this point, though, I just can't see any way to get him off the team. Our coaching staff isn't capable of taking a risk like that.

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 12:13 PM
When you say the backups for the most part did-does that mean they still burned us repeatedly, except it was not as bad as Hicks. I mean I know you hate the guy, but 70% of the times we got burned on the boot was either when he was on the sideline or to the other side. Yes the HUGE yardage pickups were Hicks fault, but like I said he was not the only one.

Fish
08-14-2006, 12:15 PM
It is 100% the backside DE's responsibility to maintain backside containment. Hicks didn't do that, the backup DE's for the most part did.

I didn't see the backups holding contain any better at all..... which backups?

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Sorry dude, but you're just wrong.

The DT's were doing exactly what they have to do against a zone blocking scheme. The inside DE and the tackles have to flow towards the ball. If they don't do EXACTLY what they did, we're extremely vulnerable to the RB.

You can continue to blame the DT's all you want, and you'd just be wrong.
while technically you're correct ... there is still a difference

the denver offensive style puts huge pressure on the backside defensive end. Every nanosecond makes a difference.

if the defensive tackles are strong and dependable the backside DE can wait another split second before crashing inside.... that extra second can give the DE another step or two to cut off the QB if he runs the boot.

split second decision

you either need a DE that is fast enough to outrun the QB to make the difference or you need strong enough DT's to help the DE not have to make the decision until the latest possible time.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
When you say the backups for the most part did-does that mean they still burned us repeatedly, except it was not as bad as Hicks. I mean I know you hate the guy, but 70% of the times we got burned on the boot was either when he was on the sideline or to the other side. Yes the HUGE yardage pickups were Hicks fault, but like I said he was not the only one.

They only ran 1 boot to the left (the KC D's right). The rest of the time, they ran boot right, which is the side Hicks was on. Futhermore, the bootlegs that REALLY count are the 1st-team vs 1st-team plays. There were 3 they did on the 1st two drives. All 3 were when Hicks was on the field, all 3 went to his side, and all 3 resulted in nearly 10 yard scrambles by the QB.

You'll notice when Hicks was in the game, the QB ALWAYS ran. That's because the CB and LB were doing their jobs (covering passing lanes) and Hicks was not.

You'll notice that when the backups came in, they ran much less frequently but started completing passes. That's because Mitchell and Burton were playing the boot straight up, but the backup corners and LB's weren't covering their zones correctly.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I didn't see the backups holding contain any better at all..... which backups?

hicks has no excuses. as a vet in my mind he should be savy enough to not bite on that play for the 300th time.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
while technically you're correct ... there is still a difference

the denver offensive style puts huge pressure on the backside defensive end. Every nanosecond makes a difference.

if the defensive tackles are strong and dependable the backside DE can wait another split second before crashing inside.... that extra second can give the DE another step or two to cut off the QB if he runs the boot.

split second decision

you either need a DE that is fast enough to outrun the QB to make the difference or you need strong enough DT's to help the DE not have to make the decision until the latest possible time.

My problem is that people are masking the problem.

People have become so consumed by the failures we've had at DT that they're overlooking a serious issue with the run defense, and one that I think we've FINALLY addressed.

Fish
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
you either need a DE that is fast enough to out run the QB to make the difference or you need strong enough DT's to help the DE not have to make the decision until the latest possible time.

And we had neither on the field.... Hick's slow ass looks even slower when the DT next to him is on roller skates.... I was not impressed with Ron Edwards....

I can't wait to finally see Hali out there...

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
They only ran 1 boot to the left (the KC D's right). The rest of the time, they ran boot right, which is the side Hicks was on. Futhermore, the bootlegs that REALLY count are the 1st-team vs 1st-team plays. There were 3 they did on the 1st two drives. All 3 were when Hicks was on the field, all 3 went to his side, and all 3 resulted in nearly 10 yard scrambles by the QB.

You'll notice when Hicks was in the game, the QB ALWAYS ran. That's because the CB and LB were doing their jobs (covering passing lanes) and Hicks was not.

You'll notice that when the backups came in, they ran much less frequently but started completing passes. That's because Mitchell and Burton were playing the boot straight up, but the backup corners and LB's weren't covering their zones correctly.

Well obviously you feel Hicks is the only one responsible for the pitiful job we did on D. When a third string QB and Sage Roseypalm beat you on the boot repeatedly, it seems it is a fundamental issue not just one player that sucks really really bad.

Please do not take this as I am defending Hicks in any way-he needs to go bye bye. When I said we should cut him last year before the season-I was called names-now it is en vougue.

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
hicks has no excuses. as a vet in my mind he should be savy enough to not bite on that play for the 300th time.

Exactly, but he still does, but now has even less speed to make up for the blunder.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
And we had neither on the field.... Hick's slow ass looks even slower when the DT next to him is on roller skates.... I was not impressed with Ron Edwards....

I can't wait to finally see Hali out there...

dont be suprised if he does the samething.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Well obviously you feel Hicks is the only one responsible for the pitiful job we did on D. When a third string QB and Sage Roseypalm beat you on the boot repeatedly, it seems it is a fundamental issue not just one player that sucks really really bad.

Please do not take this as I am defending Hicks in any way-he needs to go bye bye. When I said we should cut him last year before the season-I was called names-now it is en vougue.

It's not ALL Hicks, but we have to look at addressing the issue position by position...you have to grab the low-hanging fruit, of which Hicks is the biggest.

I suggest you watch the game again if you can.

Yes, Rosenfels burnt us on the boot, but he did it through the air AND on the ground. That means that our defensive UNIT broke down on any given play, and that one player didn't make or break the play.

On the other hand, when the first string was on the field that play produced ONE RESULT and only one result - they ran it to Hicks' side and the QB scrambled for a 1st down.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
My problem is that people are masking the problem.

People have become so consumed by the failures we've had at DT that they're overlooking a serious issue with the run defense, and one that I think we've FINALLY addressed.

i don't anyone that thinks Hicks is a good DE

They know that he is part of the problem ... is just that he is such a "given" problem that they talk about other problems instead.

btw- i could of sworn i saw Jared allen get burned by the boot a couple of times against the texans too.

DT's are weak
LDE is weak
Defensive Coordinator is weak

we have work to do

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Allen did get burned, but I think he was being held too. I mean the guy had his jersey and basically did not let him pull away.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:36 PM
i don't anyone that thinks Hicks is a good DE

They know that he is part of the problem ... is just that he is such a "given" problem that they talk about other problems instead.

btw- i could of sworn i saw Jared allen get burned by the boot a couple of times against the texans too.

DT's are weak
LDE is weak
Defensive Coordinator is weak

we have work to do

Not to defend somebody that I really can't stand and want to see fired...

I don't think anything about Saturday night can be blamed on Gunther, short of him being part of the crew that wants these guys on the team.

They are professionals and shouldn't have to be taught fundamentals. Especially a guy like Hicks who has been in the league for a decade...

go bo
08-14-2006, 12:36 PM
anybody notice rich scanlon playing olb?

boomer is the number 2 mlb now, and seems to be having fun...

Fish
08-14-2006, 12:39 PM
dont be suprised if he does the samething.

I agree. Which is the main reason I said I blamed the DTs more than I blamed Hicks. It's a problem with the entire line. Seems like some people already have the mindset that Hali is going to be the savior of the DLine. It's not going to happen.

But, Hali does have the speed to run down a bootleg, and that will help.... won't solve the problem, but it will help.

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 12:39 PM
It's not ALL Hicks, but we have to look at addressing the issue position by position...you have to grab the low-hanging fruit, of which Hicks is the biggest.

I suggest you watch the game again if you can.

Yes, Roseypalm burnt us on the boot, but he did it through the air AND on the ground. That means that our defensive UNIT broke down on any given play, and that one player didn't make or break the play.

On the other hand, when the first string was on the field that play produced ONE RESULT and only one result - they ran it to Hicks' side and the QB scrambled for a 1st down.

I have the tape but don't think I can watch that POS game again-I will take your word on it. Hicks has been a serviceable player and has had some good years early on, but he is the common denominator between all the bad defensive teams we have fielded-plus it has been proven on tape several times he just can't read the bootleg. Only one thing to say:

Na na na na....na na na na.... hey hey GOODBYE!!!!

I don't think CP has the balls to cut Hicks and Sims though??

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Not to defend somebody that I really can't stand and want to see fired...

I don't think anything about Saturday night can be blamed on Gunther, short of him being part of the crew that wants these guys on the team.

They are professionals and shouldn't have to be taught fundamentals. Especially a guy like Hicks who has been in the league for a decade...
acouple things as a vet you should be able to have an instinct for a play youve been burned on a thousand times.
Alot of Dline play is instinct IE read and react.

How long before herm takes control of the play calling?

buddha
08-14-2006, 12:41 PM
hicks is

You know Laz, your post probably does reflect the way the Chiefs brass views the situation, but in reality, he is not good enough to do any of those things. Eric Hicks is really, really bad and there was a time when he was at least NFL average. That time has passed and he has no place on this roster.

As far as the bootleg goes, if that's the worst thing we have to fear for our defense this year, I'll sleep well at night. What's next? We're going to worry about the QB sneak? :hmmm:

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I agree. Which is the main reason I said I blamed the DTs more than I blamed Hicks. It's a problem with the entire line. Seems like some people already have the mindset that Hali is going to be the savior of the DLine. It's not going to happen.

But, Hali does have the speed to run down a bootleg, and that will help.... won't solve the problem, but it will help.

But it's NOT a problem with the whole defensive line.

On Saturday night, Ron Edwards and James Reed did EXACTLY what they were supposed to do against a zone blocking scheme.

It resulted twice in Reed getting tackles for little or no gain.

It also resulted three times in David Carr running for a 1st down because Eric Hicks failed to maintain backside containment.

RealSNR
08-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Hicks even looked slower than Clint Mitchell and TinkerBell. I think Hicks is about done-so long Bell, Hicks, Simmms, Bartee, Scanlon.Scanlon can fill in at strong side spot as well as being an okay backup to Kawika and is one of our few special teams aces. He's not going anywhere.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Scanlon can fill in at strong side spot as well as being an okay backup to Kawika and is one of our few special teams aces. He's not going anywhere.

I agree.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I want him to do more than just defend the bootleg.

I sure hope he does.

We only play the donks twice a year, but you're right.

Teams will catch on, like Houston, if we don't do something about it.

Fish
08-14-2006, 12:51 PM
But it's NOT a problem with the whole defensive line.

On Saturday night, Ron Edwards and James Reed did EXACTLY what they were supposed to do against a zone blocking scheme.

It resulted twice in Reed getting tackles for little or no gain.

It also resulted three times in David Carr running for a 1st down because Eric Hicks failed to maintain backside containment.

So are you saying you're happy with Edwards and Reed?

Because I'm not....

They may have shot the correct gaps, but I can't say that's exactly the effort or push I would want them to give each play. I saw numerous running plays where the lineman stood up Edwards, pushed him to the middle, and got a chip on the LB.

I don't think any of the DTs did exactly what they should have done more than once a series.... JMO....

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:55 PM
So are you saying you're happy with Edwards and Reed?

Because I'm not....

They may have shot the correct gaps, but I can't say that's exactly the effort or push I would want them to give each play. I saw numerous running plays where the lineman stood up Edwards, pushed him to the middle, and got a chip on the LB.

I don't think any of the DTs did exactly what they should have done more than once a series.... JMO....

Where did I say I was "happy"?

There were several plays where we need better push out of the tackles. Reed did a pretty good job, I was thoroughly unimpressed with Edwards.

That being said, we're not talking about those plays, we're talking about the BOOTLEG.

And on the bootlegs, which I have now watched probably twenty times, the other 3 d-linemen did exactly what they were supposed to do - Eric Hicks did not.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Teams will catch on, like Houston, if we don't do something about it.
yep ... any team that has a Quarterback that can move at all will be looking to do bootlegs

scary thing about it is that you can see it coming during the game

1. run inside
2. fake inside to pass play
3. sweep to the left
4. run inside
5. bootleg to the right

our LDE leave his jock at the line of scrimmage

rinse,repeat for the opposite direction

each play to the inside or the opposite sucks our backside defensive end inside a little more. Then all the sudden you see a run up the middle where the defensive end just crashing inside to help make the stop.

people applaud what a good play, what a good tackle by the DE ........ but you know that's just setting up the bootleg. :shake:

Fish
08-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Where did I say I was "happy"?

There were several plays where we need better push out of the tackles. Reed did a pretty good job, I was thoroughly unimpressed with Edwards.

That being said, we're not talking about those plays, we're talking about the BOOTLEG.

And on the bootlegs, which I have now watched probably twenty times, the other 3 d-linemen did exactly what they were supposed to do - Eric Hicks did not.

So are you saying simply replacing Hicks will eliminate the bootleg weakness? Because I still don't think it will....

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
someone more athletic will definately help.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
So are you saying simply replacing Hicks will eliminate the bootleg weakness? Because I still don't think it will....

Eliminate? No, I never said that. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think that perfection is ever possible.

Even the best defensive end will occasionally be over-aggressive and crash inside instead of maintaining containment.

Hicks crashes inside EVERY TIME. And when he does, he goes to the ground at the first sign of contact. That's a 100% success rate for the opposing offense.

Hali only need to stay home on ONE of those 3 plays Hicks ****ed up and we're looking at a punt instead of a Texan TD.

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Scanlon can fill in at strong side spot as well as being an okay backup to Kawika and is one of our few special teams aces. He's not going anywhere.

I wouldn't be too sure, Boomer is playing well and there is a lot of competition this year. Scanlon did screw up a few times in the game.

Fish
08-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Eliminate? No, I never said that. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think that perfection is ever possible.

Even the best defensive end will occasionally be over-aggressive and crash inside instead of maintaining containment.

Hicks crashes inside EVERY TIME. And when he does, he goes to the ground at the first sign of contact. That's a 100% success rate for the opposing offense.

Hali only need to stay home on ONE of those 3 plays Hicks ****ed up and we're looking at a punt instead of a Texan TD.

I said eliminate our weakness to the bootleg. I understand it can never be perfect. I still think the bootleg will hurt us at times this year, even with Hicks on the sideline(or better yet at home on the couch).

It would be a gigantic confidence booster for the D if Hali came out and planted the first QB to try a bootleg though.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't be too sure, Boomer is playing well and there is a lot of competition this year. Scanlon did screw up a few times in the game.

Scanlon is an OLB as well as MLB, Boomer is the backup MLB. Both will make the team.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I said eliminate our weakness to the bootleg. I understand it can never be perfect. I still think the bootleg will hurt us at times this year, even with Hicks on the sideline(or better yet at home on the couch).

It would be a gigantic confidence booster for the D if Hali came out and planted the first QB to try a bootleg though.

I think the bootleg will hurt us at times too. It's DESIGNED to. It's not like Denver is only successful against us. The misdirection offense, especially when you use zone blocking instead of man blocking is very difficult to defend.

I'm just not gonna blame the defensive tackles every time it happens. I'm gonna blame the people that I feel are responsible.

greg63
08-14-2006, 02:00 PM
All I want from Tamba Hali is…..

...Your two front teeth? :shrug: