PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil doesn't deserve the blame all by himself...

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Holthus talked this morning about Sims and the DT's, the bootleg, and the coaching staff.

I heard them on Crunch Time talking about Sims and the DT's.

And I just walked in from hearing Soren Petro rip apart Gunther and the coaching staff about the bootleg. He went from that to talking about the ineffectiveness of the defensive tackles.

Why is it that nobody around this team wants to talk about the REAL problem?

Is Eric Hicks that hard of a worker or that nice of a guy that he's got everybody in his back pocket? Am I the only one that saw him, on 3 consecutive bootlegs, not only crash inside but ALSO get pushed into the ground?

This just pisses me off to know end. It's like the guy is immune to criticism.

Radar Chief
08-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Heh.

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=145563

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.snoopy.co.jp/fungames/html/images/c4b_football.gif

stumppy
08-14-2006, 11:04 AM
http://www.snoopy.co.jp/fungames/html/images/c4b_football.gif

Exactly!!

chief2000
08-14-2006, 11:23 AM
HT. I agree with you.

What do you think about making some trades for some players ?

We have some depth at LB and Redskins might need a RB.

chief2000
08-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Where are the invisible D-ends Carlos Hall and Wilkerson the great.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:26 AM
HT. I agree with you.

What do you think about making some trades for some players ?

We have some depth at LB and Redskins might need a RB.

portis is tough as nails.

i dont understand the trade? KC would trade a sub par RB before the cutdowns for a LB?

chief2000
08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
We have LBs to trade for a Dtackle

The RB in the preseason game played well. Could trade Bennet.

Redskins have some good defensive players.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Where are the invisible D-ends Carlos Hall and Wilkerson the great.

Injured, just like always.

tk13
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Nope, we've already established it. It's all Dick Vermeil's fault. The bus tracks are already all over his jacket. He stood at the top of the bleachers at River Falls every year and cackled like a mad scientist, "Muahaha! There shall be no defense on this team this year!" and cast his magic spell over the coaching staff. And since that magical day, there has been no D in Kansas City.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:42 AM
We have LBs to trade for a Dtackle

The RB in the preseason game played well. Could trade Bennet.

Nobody we can trade for at this point is worth a shit. They'll likely be WORSE than what we have.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Injured, just like always.

whats halls deal.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:59 AM
whats halls deal.

Not sure. Just know he's injured.

booger
08-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Hall has a minor Knee problem IIRC. Wilkerson has a groin strain. We really need to get Stephon Williams off of pup to compete with the DT's too.

noa
08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I think people realize that Hicks is a piece of crap. I really hope Hali plays well this year so we can just kick Hicks to the curb. If we continue to get burned by the bootleg this year, though, I have a feeling all the fingers will be pointed at the coaching and not at the players.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Hall has a minor Knee problem IIRC. Wilkerson has a groin strain. We really need to get Stephon Williams off of pup to compete with the DT's too.

minor knee problems makes me wanna call out Halls physical and mental toughness.

Brock
08-14-2006, 12:12 PM
minor knee problems makes me wanna call out Halls physical and mental toughness.

what does Hall have to prove?

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:13 PM
what does Hall have to prove?

that he can play injured. Like FOOTBALL players are supposed to.

without knowing the extent of his injury a minor knee tweak shouldnt keep you out.

Brock
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
that he can play injured. Like FOOTBALL players are supposed to.

without knowing the extent of his injury a minor knee tweak shouldnt keep you out.

When was the last time Dante Hall missed a game? I have no idea why anyone cares whether he plays AT ALL in preseason.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
When was the last time Dante Hall missed a game? I have no idea why anyone cares whether he plays AT ALL in preseason.

if nothing else to get some reps for a back up position before the season starts.
If he makes the squad.

MahiMike
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
We can't blame Dick for anything but being the best damn offensive coach this team has ever seen.

Dammit Carl!

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM
We're talking about CARLOS Hall, not Dante.

Brock
if nothing else to get some reps for a back up position before the season starts.
If he makes the squad.

ROFL

Brock

Yeah. I'm a moron. :drool:

MOhillbilly

yepROFL

Brock
08-14-2006, 12:24 PM

go bowe
08-14-2006, 12:24 PM
um, are we talking about carlos hall, or dante?

Brock
08-14-2006, 12:26 PM

kc rush
08-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Hicks is always there for an interview. The media will take it easier on you if you cooperate with them. The media wants the interview so they will treat a guy that helps them better even though they know the guy is not getting it done.

Look at Allard Baird, Allard was a nice guy, a hard worker, and always worked with the media so the media took it easier on him. They know that the guy wasn't getting the job done (whether it was his or ownerships fault), but they never hammered him. They would say that they disagreed with the guy or that there was a problem with the Royals, but they never were out for his head.

Hicks hasn't been held accountable by the coaching staff, I can only guess, because he is a nice guy. This is the first year he is being challenged. I don't think the new coaches feel the same loyalties as past coaches.

ck_IN
08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
The thing with Hicks is that he is a hard worker and he does provide leadership. Both of which were sorely missing during the last 5 years.

I think the reason for keeping Hicks is the same for keeping Sims. Namely they don't have anyone better and they need a body. Hopefully Hali can develop and fix that problem.

As for DV and blame I'm not exactly sure where you're headed. I do blame DV for the absurdly bad draft picks we've had. For every DJ we have a Minnis, Downing and Sims. I do blame DV for the softness this team has displayed. I blame him for the lack of accountability among players. I blame him for the lack of effort we've shown. I blame him for leaving us with an offense that is rapidly aging out and our window with it. I blame him for basicly gutting the defense.

DV did clean out the Marty wastage. He did bring offense to Arrowhead. That's about all I can give him credit for.

I also blame CP for hiring DV instead of going the rebuilding route that we needed and still need. Of course rebuilding would effect ticket sales and the business of making money.

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 01:59 PM
The thing with Hicks is that he is a hard worker and he does provide leadership. Both of which were sorely missing during the last 5 years.

The only thing I'd say here is that Hicks and his "leadership" was part of the reason we were missing leadership the last 5 years. We needed someone with fire and determination. Not somebody that could handle being 1-3.

I think the reason for keeping Hicks is the same for keeping Sims. Namely they don't have anyone better and they need a body. Hopefully Hali can develop and fix that problem.

I agree with that.

As for DV and blame I'm not exactly sure where you're headed. I do blame DV for the absurdly bad draft picks we've had. For every DJ we have a Minnis, Downing and Sims. I do blame DV for the softness this team has displayed. I blame him for the lack of accountability among players. I blame him for the lack of effort we've shown. I blame him for leaving us with an offense that is rapidly aging out and our window with it. I blame him for basicly gutting the defense.

My point wasn't that Vermeil does or does not deserve blame. My point was that Vermeil seems to have been thrown under the bus, and alot of shit gets thrown at Carl Peterson too. Meanwhile, people are ignoring REAL problems with this team for one reason or another.

I also blame CP for hiring DV instead of going the rebuilding route that we needed and still need. Of course rebuilding would effect ticket sales and the business of making money.

Fans like us know this. However, as has been said many times, the average Planet user is not the average fan. Rebuilding is really not an option in today's NFL, lest you end up with local TV blackouts like a few teams that shall remain nameless...