PDA

View Full Version : Found something interesting.....

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
It's not huge, but I thought it was interesting.....

Yesterday, the depth chart had the Left Ends listed as Hali (1), Hicks (2), and Browning (3) who is injured.

Today, the new depth chart shows Shane Burton listed as a Left End and his original position at DT.

Burton didn't look too bad at the game.

I think this guy most definitely has a chance.

This sounds like a message for Hicks to get his ass in gear, or he could be in trouble.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/depth_chart/

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Another notable was Webb playing at the 4 receiver spot.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
cut hicks ... give all his reps to burton

time to move on

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
cut hicks ... give all his reps to burton

time to move on

Herm acted like something would have to be done and this could be it.

He said the wrong people were playing at DE.

Meaning Hicks, the backup to Hali, for now.

Fish
08-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I said it already..... Webb will make this team.... I like the kid.

sedated
08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I think its funny that he said, "their QBs were faster than our D-Ends."

that tends to be a problem

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I thought Burton was one of the few guys that actually was in the CORRECT position to defend against the bootleg.

I may be wrong. :shrug:

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I said it already..... Webb will make this team.... I like the kid.

He was pretty nice at TC.

One of the few guys that would come our after practice and sign autographs.

He's look pretty solid.

Though I'm still anxious to see Thorpe. (injured)

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I thought Burton was one of the few guys that actually was in the CORRECT position to defend against the bootleg.

You're not wrong.

Burton and Mitchell both bit on the boot a couple of times, but they also maintained containment a few times too.

The problem is that the guys behind them weren't playing with discipline, resulting in completed passes.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I think its funny that he said, "their QBs were faster than our D-Ends."

that tends to be a problem

This game was just a wakeup call for the donks.

It could be good we realize the problem (Hicks) now.

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM
head games by the coaching staff.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM

I saw the replay on NFL network & they showed Burton waiting for it. Jaycee Pearson I think did the voice over

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
You're not wrong.

Burton and Mitchell both bit on the boot a couple of times, but they also maintained containment a few times too.

The problem is that the guys behind them weren't playing with discipline, resulting in completed passes.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Discipline is one of things our defense has completely lacked the last few years.

Maybe it will change this year.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
I saw the replay on NFL network & they showed Burton waiting for it. Jaycee Pearson I think did the voice over

Tiger Woods?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 12:47 PM
When did we sign this guy?

Seems like less than a week ago.

He looked like he could be a quality backup. Veteran Guy.

Great Pickup IMO.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 08:43 PM
bump for night crew

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
You're not gonna get much football from the night crew.

TinyEvel
08-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Man, I tivo'd the game and slo-mo'd all the plays. (Beating a dead horse here but...) Hicks just has no hustle, you canclearly see it. Even when Carr was going right, hicks could have cut him off/forced him out like 5 to 8 yards earlier.
Either no hustle or slow, I don't know which is worse.
Tho I do remember a play where he was in a tangle and spun around to nab a RB coming through the line. More the exception than the rule, though, it seems.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
You're not gonna get much football from the night crew.

That's not much fun.

:banghead:

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Man, I tivo'd the game and slo-mo'd all the plays. (Beating a dead horse here but...) Hicks just has no hustle, you canclearly see it. Even when Carr was going right, hicks could have cut him off/forced him out like 5 to 8 yards earlier.
Either no hustle or slow, I don't know which is worse.
Tho I do remember a play where he was in a tangle and spun around to nab a RB coming through the line. More the exception than the rule, though, it seems.

Part of Hicks' problem isn't speed or hustle. He gets pushed to the ground far too easy. And at that point, it doesn't matter if he's as fast as Eddie Kennison. It takes too long to get up off the ground and turn around to even get back in the play...

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Part of Hicks' problem isn't speed or hustle. He gets pushed to the ground far too easy. And at that point, it doesn't matter if he's as fast as Eddie Kennison. It takes too long to get up off the ground and turn around to even get back in the play...

Thanks for talking football htismaqe and tinyevel. :D

As much as a problem Hicks is, at least Herm knows there is a problem and is identifying it and hopefully making an effort to fix it.

I think this team will really progress through this preseason. We may need the 4 games, IMO.

CHENZ A!
08-14-2006, 10:01 PM
How many yrs does Hicks have left on his contract? Is there much of a cap hit for cutting him? I know that we aren't going to cut him this yr. or anything, but he needs to be on his way out.