PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

luv
08-14-2006, 01:34 PM
It feels weird not having to work this week. It'll feel even weirder whenever I head to the store instead of to work after while.

Saulbadguy
08-14-2006, 01:40 PM
OOoo...kay.

luv
08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
OOoo...kay.
I have no plans for the week. Just not working. I've never done that before.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
It feels weird not having to work this week. It'll feel even weirder whenever I head to the store instead of to work after while.

Tell me more about this... "vacation"... you speak of. :)

Moooo

chiefqueen
08-14-2006, 01:46 PM
I have no plans for the week. Just not working. I've never done that before.

So, you're just being a bum, is that right?

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Have a great vacation, wherever you may roam!!!

luv
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Tell me more about this... "vacation"... you speak of. :)

Moooo
I get to be lazy. Well, except for feeding dogs, cats, and fish, shocking the pool, watering plants, taking out trash, putting together a computer chair, etc.

luv
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
So, you're just being a bum, is that right?
Basically. I'm liking it, too. For now anyway. I'll be bored out of my mind by the end of the week.

Skip Towne
08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
And after you told us you were going to take a mini trip. Now we find out you were lying all along.

luv
08-14-2006, 01:52 PM
And after you told us you were going to take a mini trip. Now we find out you were lying all along.
I would so like to. I just couldn't think of anyplace to go by myself. That, and funds are a little tighter than I thought they would be. :(

I will be having a garage sale ths Friday and Saturday.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 01:52 PM

Either that, or she's gonna do some mushrooms...

Moooo

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm glad your not bored anymore!

Skip Towne
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Either that, or she's gonna do some mushrooms...

Moooo
Mushrooms would help or even acid but she said a trip and I expected a trip, dammit.

greg63
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey shoot down to Branson Landing. :D

luv
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Mushrooms would help or even acid but she said a trip and I expected a trip, dammit.
I'll tell you about my trip to the store later. :)

Otherwise, I'm waiting for Moooo to bring me my shrooms.

greg63
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

luv
08-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey shoot down to Branson Landing. :D
That's not a bad idea. They have a Joe's Crab Shack down there, from what I hear. I have friend who loves seafood as much as I do who's birthday is coming up. :hmmm:

greg63
08-14-2006, 02:02 PM
That's not a bad idea. They have a Joe's Crab Shack down there, from what I hear. I have friend who loves seafood as much as I do who's birthday is coming up. :hmmm:

Well, there ya go. ;)

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:06 PM

A Crab Shack in a landlocked area?

That just ain't right!
:mad:

greg63
08-14-2006, 02:07 PM

That just ain't right!
PETA alert!!!!!

luv
08-14-2006, 02:08 PM

That just ain't right!
I was thinking someone told me that. I'm not for sure though.

Sorry.

If there is, I'll be happy. :)

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:08 PM

That just ain't right!

We Missourians need some seafood eats!

Moooo

greg63
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Branson has a pretty good Fudd Ruckers.

ChiefFan31

That just ain't right!

Its all the same at Joe's crab shack. I would be eating the exact same seafood at the Joe's down here right on the beach as I would in Overland Park or a St. Louis Joe's. Its all fresh frozen.

Luv, whatever you do this week enjoy. Work sucks!

Saulbadguy

That just ain't right!
Don't worry, it tastes like shit. Might as well go to Red Lobster. Barf.

luv
There is! There is!

http://www.bransonlanding.com/category_restaurants.html

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:13 PM
There is! There is!

http://www.bransonlanding.com/category_restaurants.html

I need to look in to seeing if I get a discount at that White River Fish Company... That'd be awesome :)

Moooo

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:14 PM
You Mid-Westn'rs aren't familiar with "reel" (hee, hee) FRESH seafood though!

(WTF? Fresh-frozen...is that a new oxymoron?)

What wid ya's only servin' and eatin' pansy clam strips and all wid' no bellies! :mad:

I can just imagine what a crab cake there is like...all bread smothered in ketchup! Or worse crab legs smothered in BBQ sauce! :cuss:

luv
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I bought some Hoki fillets yesterday. Are those grillable? if so, how? Also got some chicken and shrimp that I plan on cookig on the grill this week.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:16 PM
You Mid-Westn'rs aren't familiar with "reel" (hee, hee) seafood though!

What wid ya's only servin' and eatin' pansy clam strips and all wid' no bellies! :mad:

I can just imagine what a crab cake there is like...all bread smothered in ketchup! Or worse crab legs smothered in BBQ sauce! :cuss:

We make up for our lack of seafood with two words... Arthur Bryant's.

Some may disagree on the actual place, but you get the idea.

Moooo

luv
08-14-2006, 02:16 PM
You Mid-Westn'rs aren't familiar with "reel" (hee, hee) seafood though!

Very true. I had Mahi Mahi (sp?) when I was in Florida 11 years ago. Soooo good.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I need to look in to seeing if I get a discount at that White River Fish Company... That'd be awesome :)

Moooo
River critters ain't SEAfood...young man!
Nor are lake dwellers!

luv
08-14-2006, 02:19 PM

Moooo
If you can, just remember who helped you discover it. :D

Saulbadguy
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Very true. I had Mahi Mahi (sp?) when I was in Florida 11 years ago. Soooo good.
Yum. Dolphin.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Well! Well! Well!

Looky what we have here:

Joe's Crab Shack - Suite 717
It's so simple, we should have thought of it sooner. Build a restaurant with the feel of a Gulf Coast fishing camp and serve all different kinds of crab - cooked in all sorts of ways as well as savory sandwiches, colorful salads, pasta, steaks and more...

Wondah if they use that fake crab they sell?

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Yum. Dolphin.

One thing I could NEVER eat is a Dolphin....sounds cruel
Couple that with having kid who loves Seaworld and would like a job there.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Well! Well! Well!

Looky what we have here:

Joe's Crab Shack - Suite 717
It's so simple, we should have thought of it sooner. Build a restaurant with the feel of a Gulf Coast fishing camp and serve all different kinds of crab - cooked in all sorts of ways as well as savory sandwiches, colorful salads, pasta, steaks and more...

Wondah if they use that fake crab they sell?

Boy, you're really passionate about your lobster and crab...

I love lobster, even at Red Lobster. I don't wanna eat at some place at the sea, cause then when I come home it won't taste as good.

Moooo

luv
08-14-2006, 02:23 PM
One thing I could NEVER eat is a Dolphin....sounds cruel
Couple that with having kid who loves Seaworld and would like a job there.
I didn't know it was a dolphin. I asked, and they told me it was a type of fish. It was good anyway.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:26 PM
I didn't know it was a dolphin. I asked, and they told me it was a type of fish. It was good anyway.

It is a fish, its called a dolphin-fish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahi-mahi

Don't worry luv, you didn't eat a dolphin.

Moooo

Fire Me Boy!
08-14-2006, 02:29 PM
I get to be lazy. Well, except for feeding dogs, cats, and fish, shocking the pool, watering plants, taking out trash, putting together a computer chair, etc.
It's not vacation and you're not lazy until you stay in bed until noon and don't get dressed at all. :harumph:

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Boy, you're really passionate about your lobster and crab...

More so the lobster...Maryland is more the crabby state! :p

But no more or less than Kansas City'ans who are passionate about their BBQ!!

I love lobster, even at Red Lobster. I don't wanna eat at some place at the sea, cause then when I come home it won't taste as good.

Young man, first you need to correctly identify a true cold watah lobstah!

That stuff they gots is NO REAL lobster meat!

Come up to Maine where people dive for a true FRESH catch of the most delectable mouth watering lobster no Red Lobster chain can come close too. Or dig for clams and quahogs on a Cape Cod beach for your dinner. Steamed, in a chowder, sauce or fried. :) :) Or pick mussles off the rocks by the shore. Yum!

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:32 PM
More so the lobster...Maryland is more the crabby state! :p

But no more or less than Kansas City'ans who are passionate about their BBQ!!

Young man, first you need to correctly identify a true cold watah lobstah!

That stuff the gots is NO REAL lobster meat!

Come up to Maine where people dive for a true FRESH catch of the most delectable mouth watering lobster no Red Lobster chain can come close too. Or dig for clams and quahogs on a Cape Cod beach for your dinner. Steamed, in a chowder, sauce or fried. :) :)

No thank you. I'm content with my seafood oblivion.

Moooo

luv
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
It's not vacation and you're not lazy until you stay in bed until noon and don't get dressed at all. :harumph:
No point in staying in bed until noon or staying in your pj's when you're by yourself. Otherwise, I have to be ready for the unexpected (even though I don't expect anything unexpected to happen).

Hey, while I've got you here, what's the best way of preparing Hoki fillets (fish)?

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Whatsumatta, Moo...you skeered? :p

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Whatsumatta, Moo...you skeered? :p

Talking seafood smack?

moooo

ChiefFan31
08-14-2006, 02:39 PM
!(WTF? Fresh-frozen...is that a new oxymoron?)

Just to clarify. Fresh Frozen is shipped frozen then heated up like a fresh prepared meal.

As in every friggin TGIF, Applbees, Red Lobster, etc. All those fine meals people eat there arent exactly cooked up.

Anyways, I do Love seafood. But food in KC rocks! plain and simple

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Just to clarify. Fresh Frozen is shipped frozen then heated up like a fresh prepared meal.

As in every friggin TGIF, Applbees, Red Lobster, etc. All those fine meals people eat there arent exactly cooked up.

Anyways, I do Love seafood. But food in KC rocks! plain and simple

Just messin' wid ya' :p ....but you can get real fresh if you live on a coast is all I'm sayin.' And it is a unique experience.Tyr it some time...you'll like it.

As for Kansas City havin' seafood that rocks....is that like BBQ tastes great in Paris? :p

luv
08-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Just messin' wid ya' :p ....but you can get real fresh if you live on a coast is all I'm sayin.' And it is a unique experience.Tyr it some time...you'll like it.

As for Kansas City havin' seafood that rocks....is that like BBQ tastes great in Paris? :p
Hey now. Springfield is 3 hours closer to the coast than KC. Branson is about a half an hour closer than that.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey now. Springfield is 3 hours closer to the coast than KC. Branson is about a half an hour closer than that.
You don't say?! :p

Guess it's all relative!

Think I'll take a two block walk down to the Gulf Coast and get me some grouper fingers or some boiled shrimp! :)

luv
08-14-2006, 02:46 PM
You don't say?! :p

Guess it's all relative!

Think I'll take a two block walk down to the Gulf Coast and get me some grouper fingers or some boiled shrimp! :)
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Point taken.

:)

ChiefFan31
08-14-2006, 02:48 PM

Cool, and yes I know. There are quite a few good seafood joints out here, not to mention your often eating with a bad ass ocean view. Which is nice in itself.

and No, I meant the food in general, mainly the BBQ.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Cool, and yes I know. There are quite a few good seafood joints out here, not to mention your often eating with a bad ass ocean view. Which is nice in itself.

and No, I meant the food in general, mainly the BBQ.

I hear the BBQ is terrific there....gonna have to give it a try.
Just never had a need to be in KC.

luv
08-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow! Time flies! I just realized that I would normally be at work by now! I also realize that I've got three hungry dogs outside because I can't find where dad keeps the dog food. It's not where it used to be. Tommykat's dogs are also probably wondering where their "ice cream" is at.

MahiMike
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
What are you doing on a computer on your day off? Your vacation is now null and void. Go back to the beginning and start over please.

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Independence is beautiful this time of year-and there is always room at the Hotel Halfcan for a hottie.

greg63
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Independence is beautiful this time of year-and there is always room at the Hotel Halfcan for a hottie.

Wait! Let me guess; you'll leave the light on for her. ROFL

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Wait! Let me guess; you'll leave the light on for her. ROFL

lol, I think she likes it better when the lights are off-hehe

Halfcan
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Indep is beautiful right now, the grass is dead, the meth houses are quiet-getting geared up for back to school, and the cops are bored so they are busting all teens and black people. Its an All-American City.

greg63
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
lol, I think she likes it better when the lights are off-hehe

ROFL

Are you sure?

Fire Me Boy!
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
No point in staying in bed until noon or staying in your pj's when you're by yourself. Otherwise, I have to be ready for the unexpected (even though I don't expect anything unexpected to happen).

Hey, while I've got you here, what's the best way of preparing Hoki fillets (fish)?
I'm very sorry to disappoint, luv... Neither the wife, nor I, care for fish. Bring on the shellfish, but keep the tuna, salmon, mahi mahi and other fish away from me.

I'll refrain from going into a barrage of fish puns. It would just be hoki.

sedated
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
food = beef

f*ck seafood, es for pansies.
can't handle the smoking like real food

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 04:46 PM
food = beef

f*ck seafood, es for pansies.
can't handle the smoking like real food
food=beef=cavemen :p

luv
08-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine where I'm at. I have a sleeping companion named Snuggles, and a three dog alarm system.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Talking seafood smack?

moooo
Of course, whad' ya expect when posting to someone who says "moooooo!" ROFL