PDA

View Full Version : Gues who's coming to Lawrence September 13! (Be afraid!)

Braincase
08-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Whos this guitar-playing sonsa bitch? , is a question common asked.
On his head a bucket of chicken bones, on his face a plaster mask.
Hes the bastard son of a preacher man, on the town he left a stain.
They made him live in a chicken house to try to and hide the shame.

He was born in a coop, raised in a cage. children fear him, critics rage.
Hes half alive, hes half dead. folks just call him buckethead.

Farmers would torment him as he snuggled with the hens.
Theyd hose him down with water, and steal his little friends.
Now late at night hed sneak off to the graveyard all alone,
And play a soapbox guitar to the faces made of stone.

Buckethead found his freedom at the age of 17,
When he burned the chicked house down with a quart of gasoline.
He did puppet shows on corners and bought a real guitar,
And with the help of colonel sanders, hes bound to be a star.

He was born in a coop, raised in a cage. children fear him, critics rage.
Hes half alive, hes half dead. folks just call him buckethead.

Braincase
08-15-2006, 05:58 AM
He's kinda scary kids... wields that guitar like a robotic-extension bonesaw....

Reaper16
08-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Buckethead = Super Bad-Ass.

I've got nearly his entire discography, which is sying something considering how utterly prolific he is with putting material out. His latest album, "The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock," is one of my favorites from this year.

I've already got my tickets for this show; I wouldn't miss it.

DMAC
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Does he sing too?

chagrin
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Holy Shit, Bucket head has been around for quite a while

Reaper16
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Does he sing too?
Nope. Instrumental guitar.

DJay23
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
I thought you were gonna say the NCAA infractions committee.

alpha_omega
08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
He is not with Guns N' Roses anymore??????

phisherman
08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
all of his stuff w/ praxis is UNBELIEVEABLE

buckethead + bill laswell = the awesomeness

ZepSinger
08-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I've heard he's kind of a cross between Yngwie and Devo. Accurate?

Braincase
08-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I've heard he's kind of a cross between Yngwie and Devo. Accurate?

I don't know this guy falls into any single definition. He's very creative and prolific, and he'll go to the heaviest of the heavy, then play a couple of songs from "Colma" (Kolma?) which is new age jazz at it's crispiest.

Ron, you would thoroughly enjoy watching this cat play. His fingers move faster than my eyes can follow, and every single note is clean. He's in the same category as Satch and Vai, with the theatrics of The Residents meet Gwar.

ZepSinger
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't know this guy falls into any single definition. He's very creative and prolific, and he'll go to the heaviest of the heavy, then play a couple of songs from "Colma" (Kolma?) which is new age jazz at it's crispiest.

Ron, you would thoroughly enjoy watching this cat play. His fingers move faster than my eyes can follow, and every single note is clean. He's in the same category as Satch and Vai, with the theatrics of The Residents meet Gwar.

I'm sure I would be slobbering all over his speed and technique. What does he use for equipment?

Dartgod
08-16-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm sure I would be slobbering all over his...equipment?
:spock:

Nightwish
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
When I first heard he had joined GnR back in '00, I thought I had woken up in Bizarro World! Having the likes of Buckethead join GnR would be kind of like having Yngwie join AC/DC.

Braincase
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm sure I would be slobbering all over his speed and technique. What does he use for equipment?

All I've seen is a custom Les Paul with a cutoff button. Don't know about the rest of his gear.

ZepSinger
08-16-2006, 10:06 PM
All I've seen is a custom Les Paul with a cutoff button. Don't know about the rest of his gear.

Oh, MAN! I was gonna go, when I realized I'm on vacation at Eureka Springs that whole week.
:banghead:

PunkinDrublic
08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Why does Buckethead not acknowlege the influence of TOOL in his music? Why does Buckethead hate TOOL?

Reaper16
08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Why does Buckethead not acknowlege the influence of TOOL in his music? Why does Buckethead hate TOOL?
Are you still on that unfunny "Everyone loves Tool so I'll exaggerrate about them" schtick?

PunkinDrublic
08-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Are you still on that unfunny "Everyone loves Tool so I'll exaggerrate about them" schtick?

Why should you care?

Reaper16
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Why should you care?
Because I had to read that last post.

ZepSinger
08-20-2006, 03:53 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGt4J9oBKKo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGt4J9oBKKo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Braincase- get ready to freak when the video hits 3:38... :eek: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Braincase
08-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Braincase- get ready to freak when the video hits 3:38... :eek: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Get ready to freak when he hits Lawrence 9:13.

I think that tune rocks, like the album version with the spoken lyrics, "I just gotta keep workin' hard".

Time to throw some Bucketheadland onto the MP3 player.

ZepSinger
08-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Get ready to freak when he hits Lawrence 9:13.

I tell you what, buddy- if I wasn't vacationing out of state that week, I'd go with ya!!! Thanks for the heads up on this guy- I had heard of him, but never listened to him. Man, he is awesome.

I have a theory about Buckethead. I wonder if he was simply a metal shredder before, ala Yngwie. Since Yngwie's particular style and image hasn't dated very well into this century, possibly Buckethead, sensing that being Yngwie version 2 wasn't going to get him anywhere, decided to take elements of strangeness (Devo) and anonymity (early KISS) and run with that as his image. He's still shredding, but now he's set apart by the freshness of his approach.

:hmmm:

Braincase
09-08-2006, 04:43 PM
I tell you what, buddy- if I wasn't vacationing out of state that week, I'd go with ya!!! Thanks for the heads up on this guy- I had heard of him, but never listened to him. Man, he is awesome.

I have a theory about Buckethead. I wonder if he was simply a metal shredder before, ala Yngwie. Since Yngwie's particular style and image hasn't dated very well into this century, possibly Buckethead, sensing that being Yngwie version 2 wasn't going to get him anywhere, decided to take elements of strangeness (Devo) and anonymity (early KISS) and run with that as his image. He's still shredding, but now he's set apart by the freshness of his approach.

:hmmm:

I think you're pretty close. I think he recognized that if he were just "Brian Carroll" he'd be another speed freak ala Tony Macalpine, Chris Impelliterri and Vinnie Moore. Now he has a character, and for him, it works.

Braincase
09-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Who's goin'?

I'll be there... look for the guy wearing the black t-shirt.

morphius
09-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Who's goin'?

I'll be there... look for the guy wearing the black t-shirt.
Are you related to Phobia? First time we met him, about 5 years ago, we were told to look for the two people wearing black leather jackets at a place on the plaza. Every damn couple in the place had on black leather jackets.

Fat Elvis
09-14-2006, 09:33 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=437195046548745682

At about the 2:45 mark, Buckethead turns into GoChiefs.....