PDA

View Full Version : ****Official Chiefs Vs. Giants Game Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Thursday August 17th at New York Giants 7:00 pm CBS

What can we expect from the Chiefs for the second preseason game??

ChiefsFan4Life
08-15-2006, 10:54 AM
More like what can we expect from the Giants to do to the Chiefs:

Bootleg over and over

I also look for the Giants to run straight at our DT's

JBucc
08-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I actually expect us to lose this one. I just want to see whoever's at QB and the DL do better and for guys to get healthy.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Keep in mind the Giants D has not looked so great-they have a few key injuries.

mac58
08-15-2006, 11:02 AM
the giants inside D-line got pushed all over the field last week. . .they have great ends but inside they are small. . .

StcChief
The improvements and continued Eval is all we can hope for at this point.

No eval.
Croyle

Eval
Hali -DE
Hicks - bu team
JrSavaii - bu team

DT play all around rotations

CB/ Safety allaround

WR - Parker, Webb, McIntyre....

ST - Curry
K Punt - Coverage

ChiefsfaninPA
I hope this does not become a trend. Everytime you start the official game thread we lose.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Should be a tough match up:

KC 0-1
Giants 1-0

KC has an overall record of 3-11 VS the Giants
2-9 reg season
1-3 preseason

And we are 0-6 during the reg season at the Giants.

Cochise
08-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Halfass, as bad as the last game went you shouldn't be allowed to start these threads.

jspchief
08-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Halfass, as bad as the last game went you shouldn't be allowed to start these threads.I'm glad I'm not alone in that thought.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Halfass, as bad as the last game went you shouldn't be allowed to start these threads.

Yep it wasn't the bootleg is was the game thread. Plus the last one had over 9600 views and 700 replies-for a preseason thread.

jspchief
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Plus the last one had over 9600 views and 700 replies-for a preseason thread.Congrats Skip. You're very valuable to the Planet.

Usually game threads don't get any action. You must be good at it. I'm sure starting it a month in advance didn't play a factor either.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
2005 Final Stats & NFL Rankings

Chiefs Giants
Total Offense 387.0 (1) 361.7 (4)

Rush Offense 148.9 (4) 138.1 (6)

Pass Offense 238.1 (6) 223.6 (11)

Total Defense 328.1 (25) 327.5 (24)

Rush Defense 98.1 (7) 103.5 (12)

Pass Defense 229.9 (30) 224.0 (27)

Turnover Ratio Plus 8 (8) Plus 12 (4t)

Pts/game 25.2 (6) 26.4 (3)

Opp Pts/Gm 20.3 (16) 19.6 (14)

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Latest Line

Favorite O C O/C Underdog

Giants 3 3 1/2 34 1/2 Chiefs

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Injury report

Brodie Croyle (shoulder)
Michael Bennett (hamstring)
PH (neck)
Scott McCready (shoulder)
Brian Waters (foot)
Peter Heyer (calf)
John Browning (back)
Tamba Hali (ribs)
Carlos Hall (knee)
Stephen Williams (knee)
William Bartee (Achilles) did not practice

Returned to practice

Lenny Walls
Junior Spithood
Damon Huard

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Injury Report-Giants do not release an official list in preseason, but this is what I have found.

Tiki Barber-may not play
Michael Strahan-may not play
Rob Johnson-? doubtful
Jeff Feagles-status unknown
Derek Ward (foot)
Carlos Emmons (burner)
Lavar Arrington (knee)
Brandon Short (knee)
Chris Snee (Knee)
Jeremy ShocktheMonkey (Concussion/gay)
Sinorice Moss (quad)
Jason Shivers (family business)

4th and Long
08-15-2006, 11:55 AM
1. Starting a game thread, DAYS IN ADVANCE of the game, is a cry for attention.

2. You started the last game thread, WELL in advance and WE LOST!

3. You are obviously bad karma for our team and as such, I cannot post in this thread during the game.

$. You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny. :p

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Key Stats Game One Giants Vs. Ravens

Eli Mae Manning 4-7 74 yards and lead team on a long drive ending in a 1 yard TD run by Brandon Jacobs

Michael Jennings had a sensational 57 yard Punt Return for a TD

Giants Rookie Mathias Kiwanuka had 1 1/2 sacks in his first game, despite being double teamed.

Chiefs should have their hands full in all three areas of the game.

Stinger
08-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Latest Line

Favorite O C O/C Underdog

Giants 3 3 1/2 34 1/2 Chiefs

Seriously if your betting on a preseason game you really should seek help ... and by help I mean a .22 to the head.

4th and Long
08-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Congrats Skip. You're very valuable to the Planet.

Usually game threads don't get any action. You must be good at it. I'm sure starting it a month in advance didn't play a factor either.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 12:07 PM
1. Starting a game thread, DAYS IN ADVANCE of the game, is a cry for attention.

2. You started the last game thread, WELL in advance and WE LOST!

3. You are obviously bad karma for our team and as such, I cannot post in this thread during the game.

$. You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny. :p

1. :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

2. Yep I except full blame-even Whitlock blamed me, not the actual team performance.

3. Some people want to talk about the game and forget the last one.

4. Wrong thread-see redrum thread for Mom jokes.

Lots of folks like to talk about the game early, except for a few trolls that bitch about every post I make anyway.

After the way we played the first game in Texas-Karma means nothing going against a very tough Giants team, in a stadium where we have struggled over the years.

CoMoChief
08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Our defense will suck this season again.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Herm is 0-1 VS. the Giants in reg season, a 31-28 OT Loss.

Cochise
08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
1. :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

2. Yep I except full blame-even Whitlock blamed me, not the actual team performance.

3. Some people want to talk about the game and forget the last one.

4. Wrong thread-see redrum thread for Mom jokes.

Lots of folks like to talk about the game early, except for a few trolls that bitch about every post I make anyway.

After the way we played the first game in Texas-Karma means nothing going against a very tough Giants team, in a stadium where we have struggled over the years.

You're doing it for the same reason that Phoney Gonzalez kept bumping his sopranos thread, you want to be the guy whose name is on the popular thread of the moment.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 12:46 PM
You're doing it for the same reason that Phoney Gonzalez kept bumping his sopranos thread, you want to be the guy whose name is on the popular thread of the moment.

I think you mean Laz-posting the Season Opener already. Talking about Bad Karma-if we lose against Cincy-it is now Laz's fault.

Quit being such a crybaby and post a game thread if you want. There is 17 games left.

Cochise
08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Quit being such a crybaby and post a game thread if you want. There is 17 games left.

I'm not sure how far you went in school, but basic reading skills tell you that my post does not convey jealousy but annoyance. I'm not crying out for attention and angry that you cried out first. I was rolling my eyes at you having such a stiffie over being the one who starts the game thread that you had to do it days in advance.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure how far you went in school, but basic reading skills tell you that my post does not convey jealousy but annoyance. I'm not crying out for attention and angry that you cried out first. I was rolling my eyes at you having such a stiffie over being the one who starts the game thread that you had to do it days in advance.
:deevee:

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Halfcan,

If the Chiefs lose this game, can you promise not to start another official game thread for the rest of the year...

Thats what has been done in the past and would give someone else the opportunity to do these...

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Halfcan,

If the Chiefs lose this game, can you promise not to start another official game thread for the rest of the year...

Thats what has been done in the past and would give someone else the opportunity to do these...

The information on the game has been available several days and noone else had posted it. If you really think posting a game thread is bad luck, better send the Chiefs an email-their game thread has been posted awhile.

Some people want to talk about the game, if you don't, post in another ****Official**** thread there are several to chose from.

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
The information on the game has been available several days and noone else had posted it. If you really think posting a game thread is bad luck, better send the Chiefs an email-their game thread has been posted awhile.

Some people want to talk about the game, if you don't, post in another ****Official**** thread there are several to chose from.

WTF are you talking about "all the other "official" game threads"...

There is only 1 offical game thread per week to my knowledge.... were you here last season when these were posted????

Dude you need to chill...

Cochise
08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Ooh, nevermind. I didn't see that this was the "OFFICIAL" game thread. I guess if the site's ownership has sanctioned this one then we don't have a leg to stand on carlos.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:17 PM
WTF are you talking about "all the other "official" game threads"...

There is only 1 offical game thread per week to my knowledge.... were you here last season when these were posted????

Dude you need to chill...

Yep the other game threads.

**Official Chiefs VS Cincy**

**Official Chiefs Vs Eagle**

**Official Chiefs Vs the rest of the NFC** Superbowl Thread

**Official Chiefs Vs. Jaguars**

cdcox
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
This game thread is like a bowl of antifreeze.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Ooh, nevermind. I didn't see that this was the "OFFICIAL" game thread. I guess if the site's ownership has sanctioned this one then we don't have a leg to stand on carlos.

Allright you win you can have the Game thread. :rolleyes:

From this point forward This ***Official*** Game thread-is now property of Cochise. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:21 PM
This game thread is like a bowl of antifreeze.

Send all complaints to Cochise-he is in charge of this thread now.

PastorMikH
08-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Gee, we used to wait all the way up until the day of the game to start the "Official" gameday threads.

:rolleyes:

I think I'll go now and start and "Official" Chiefs and Cinncy thread to take care of the season opener and get the jump on everyone else.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Gee, we used to wait all the way up until the day of the game to start the "Official" gameday threads.

:rolleyes:

I think I'll go now and start and "Official" Chiefs and Cinncy thread to take care of the season opener and get the jump on everyone else.

Too late-Laz has it.

Logical, has the Eagles, jsp has the Jags

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Yep the other game threads.

**Official Chiefs VS Cincy**

**Official Chiefs Vs Eagle**

**Official Chiefs Vs the rest of the NFC** Superbowl Thread

**Official Chiefs Vs. Jaguars**

These threads are meant as a joke, but I think you have been listening to rush too long...

Whatever... you are still the same azzclown from a year ago...

Fish
08-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Now there will be 9 pages of bullshit in this thread before the game even starts......

Will somebody post a ~~~~Unofficial Chiefs Vs. Giants Game Thread~~~~ the day of the game so we can actually talk about the game itself?

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Halfcan, just commit, this is your gameday thread, but if the Chiefs lose, you can post another one this season... its a given and chiefsplanet rule... or something...

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Now there will be 9 pages of bullshit in this thread before the game even starts......

Will somebody post a ~~~~Unofficial Chiefs Vs. Giants Game Thread~~~~ the day of the game so we can actually talk about the game itself?

Just change this thread to Unofficial...

then someone post the official game thread on Thursday...

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
These threads are meant as a joke, but I think you have been listening to rush too long...

Whatever... you are still the same azzclown from a year ago...

Wow namecalling-now that hurts.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Halfcan, just commit, this is your gameday thread, but if the Chiefs lose, you can post another one this season... its a given and chiefsplanet rule... or something...

Hey I think your on the wrong thread, this not an Argentinean soccer thread.

Cochise
08-15-2006, 01:32 PM

No no, scroll up. He put me in charge of it.

The only rule is now that he can't start it. Someone else gets all the "glory" and "prestige".

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:33 PM

This thread WAS about the game until a bunch of trolls arrived. Post 20 game threads if you want.

We need some Giants fans to jump in and really get this thread going.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:35 PM
No no, scroll up. He put me in charge of it.

The only rule is now that he can't start it. Someone else gets all the "glory" and "prestige".

LOL So you get all the glory if they win and I will get shit if they lose-that sounds like a fair deal. :banghead:

Spicy McHaggis
08-15-2006, 01:38 PM

It's Argentine not Argentinean.

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow namecalling-now that hurts.

Thats not namecalling, thats how you were reffered to when you started posting as a noob... Half ass was your name, remember... I was just stating that you hadnt change since that time...

I am not namecalling... and it wasnt meant to hurt you...

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:39 PM

I guess not... :rolleyes:

jspchief
08-15-2006, 01:40 PM
This thread WAS about the game until a bunch of trolls arrived. Post 20 game threads if you want.

We need some Giants fans to jump in and really get this thread going.You know, you're right about the trolls showing up.

But there is a message behind it. Stop and consider what is being said, even if you don't like the way it is being said.

Typically game threads get started the day of the game, or at the earliest the day before. Starting them any earlier results in a thread that is cluttered up before the game starts.

It's not just about jealousy or trolls piling on because they don't like you. There's a way it's always been done in the past. You're bucking tradition.

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:41 PM

We need some Giants fans to jump in and really get this thread going.

The official game day thread is usually meant for the day the game starts to talk about the game, the plays during the game especially... what do you think people will talk about two days before the game when there is no game going on...?

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
You know, you're right about the trolls showing up.

But there is a message behind it. Stop and consider what is being said, even if you don't like the way it is being said.

Typically game threads get started the day of the game, or at the earliest the day before. Starting them any earlier results in a thread that is cluttered up before the game starts.

It's not just about jealousy or trolls piling on because they don't like you. There's a way it's always been done in the past. You're bucking tradition.

Thank you!

JSP Nailed it...

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 01:43 PM
It's Argentine not Argentinean.

Thank you Spicy... I was going to mention that, but I wasnt grammatically sure that was correct.. My english is not so good...

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
You know, you're right about the trolls showing up.

Well I wasn't trying to Buck tradition, so we can't actually talk, about the game, look at stats, make predictions, talk about the injuries, ect.. Until the day of the game?? :rolleyes:

If everyone didn't start bitching-this thread could have been about football-but as you stated it is cluttered now. :banghead:

Okay fine, we can have 2 game threads. The Unofficial-before the game stuff and Official-strictly game day/ play by play. ???

Spicy McHaggis
08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Thank you Spicy... I was going to mention that, but I wasnt grammatically sure that was correct.. My english is not so good...

No problem and your English is far and away better than my Spanish.

I thought it was a bit funny during the World Cup when the US announcers weren't quite sure what to say. "And the Argentinean, the um, Argentinian, Argentine team? The guys from Argentina that kick the ball have scored again!"

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:51 PM

Well I had it the other way but was not sure-sorry for the mistake.

jspchief
08-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Well I wasn't trying to Buck tradition, so we can't actually talk, about the game, look at stats, make predictions, talk about the injuries, ect.. Until the day of the game?? :rolleyes:

If everyone didn't start bitching-this thread could have been about football-but as you stated it is cluttered now. :banghead:

Okay fine, we can have 2 game threads. The Unofficial-before the game stuff and Official-strictly game day/ play by play. ???How about calling it the Pregame Thread. Much like a pregame show.

That way we can keep the official thread to gameday/during game discussion.

Just a suggestion.

Stinger
08-15-2006, 01:55 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

You do relize what message board your are on don't you?

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
How about calling it the Pregame Thread. Much like a pregame show.

Just a suggestion.

Sounds like a great idea!!!

And seriously, I was not trying to be a smartazz or get glory by starting the game thread, I really wanted to talk about football. Hey I even posted some stats that everyone ignored.

It would be cool if we had all the articles concerning the upcoming game, all posted in one Pregame thread-with all the stats and such???

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

You do relize what message board your are on don't you?

LOL Excellent point-WTF was I thinking??

Moooo
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
How about calling it the Pregame Thread. Much like a pregame show.

Just a suggestion.

Its already off to a good start as a pregame thread. A lot of useless junk that makes you think to yourself, "How long before the game comes on?"

Moooo

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey to pay respect to tradition, how about this.

10 k or less Posters (nOObs)-can start the Pregame

10k or more (Old School Hardazzes)-can start the ****Official**** Game Threads.

A lot of you guys have wasted years on this site-you should get your props.

JBucc
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Hows about from now on JBucc starts all game threads because he is good luck.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Its already off to a good start as a pregame thread. A lot of useless junk that makes you think to yourself, "How long before the game comes on?"

Moooo

Yep, this should be a premium thread-lol Inside Info!!

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 02:19 PM
No problem and your English is far and away better than my Spanish.

I thought it was a bit funny during the World Cup when the US announcers weren't quite sure what to say. "And the Argentinean, the um, Argentinian, Argentine team? The guys from Argentina that kick the ball have scored again!"

Heh.. I hated the commentary of the US guys.. I was glad I got it in HD, but I was horrified at the coverage (Other than the Irish, English team that only worked a few games)

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Well I had it the other way but was not sure-sorry for the mistake.

No worries, and sorry I was such a troll and azz with regards to your thread... it just was funny that you posted this 2 days in advance...

Great inside on the Giants and the Chiefs for this game...

Stinger
08-15-2006, 02:21 PM
If we go on tradition then Ari Chi3fs needs to start all game threads vs animal named opponents.

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Half -

Giants Message boards:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

http://mb.scout.com/bgiantsfans

jspchief
08-15-2006, 02:27 PM
If we go on tradition then Ari Chi3fs needs to start all game threads vs animal named opponents.So who's responsible for humanoid opponents?

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Half -

Giants Message boards:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

http://mb.scout.com/bgiantsfans

With our record there and they way we played against the Texans-I don't think Giants fans are too worried about us. :shake:

The Red Sea
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM
The Chiefs Preseason is just about always boring yr in & yr out & oh so predictable.

That said...
LJ runs for another 40 yrds.
Our D looks so so.
Our O looks so so.
Our ST's look dreadful.
We only score 13 points 6 of those from the 2nd team.

I live in NY & do not feel like hearing any crap at work so I for one hope we play above the norm & hell someday in preseason we will.

BUT I just gotta say people..

If we Win this one were Superbowl Bound for sure!!!!

=P

ChiefFan31
08-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Pre-sessone Rocks!!!!! :rockon:

I just want to see the starters play some ball riding the momentum of the most watched episode of Cold Pizza ever.

And I really want to see Hali make his debut...(still not sure if that is going to happen)

hypersensitiveZO6
08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Yep it wasn't the bootleg is was the game thread. Plus the last one had over 9600 views and 700 replies-for a preseason thread.

You....are a postwhore.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
But

hypersensitiveZO6
08-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I

hypersensitiveZO6
am

hypersensitiveZO6
too

hypersensitiveZO6
08-15-2006, 03:16 PM
:D

Iowanian
08-15-2006, 03:20 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO EARLY GAME THREADS!

HOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAY BEER!

http://www.offthewallonline.com/images-paperboy/03-05/red-stripe.jpg

carlos3652
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO EARLY GAME THREADS!

HOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAY BEER!

http://www.offthewallonline.com/images-paperboy/03-05/red-stripe.jpg

Making Stupid Posters look good since 1983?

4th and Long
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5032/davidgoliathmt9.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
08-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Allright you win you can have the Game thread. :rolleyes:

From this point forward This ***Official*** Game thread-is now property of Cochise. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The official game thread goes to the person who first creates it on Gameday. You can create a pregame thoughts thread.

Plus factor in you lost last week. You should ALWAYS take a week off, if the Chiefs lost when you started the thread.

This is CP tradition... and you have only 1 year tenure... a n00b. so get back in line, n00b.

Ari Chi3fs
08-15-2006, 09:21 PM
If we go on tradition then Ari Chi3fs needs to start all game threads vs animal named opponents.

Word to Stinger.

Its a CP TRADITION! [/hank jr.]

Heh, I am like 9-0 vs animal named teams... hahaha. Its weird. Only times we have lost to animal named teams in past 2 years is when I didnt start threads!

We need someone to pull up past game threads to verify...

since Halfcan has so much time, maybe you could be thread researcher guy, instead of actual thread poster. If Phobia were still in charge, he would have taken your thread starting capabilites away, already.

heh. That is tradition, also. Oh Zach... Zach?

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 10:06 PM
The official game thread goes to the person who first creates it on Gameday. You can create a pregame thoughts thread.

Plus factor in you lost last week. You should ALWAYS take a week off, if the Chiefs lost when you started the thread.

This is CP tradition... and you have only 1 year tenure... a n00b. so get back in line, n00b.

Thanks for your 2 cents, but I think we already have it worked out. A Pregame thread and a Gameday thread.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Word to Stinger.

Its a CP TRADITION! [/hank jr.]

Heh, I am like 9-0 vs animal named teams... hahaha. Its weird. Only times we have lost to animal named teams in past 2 years is when I didnt start threads!

We need someone to pull up past game threads to verify...

since Halfcan has so much time, maybe you could be thread researcher guy, instead of actual thread poster. If Phobia were still in charge, he would have taken your thread starting capabilites away, already.

heh. That is tradition, also. Oh Zach... Zach?

Too late, laz has the Bungholes.

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Less than 18 hours to go. I am ready for some Football!! What about you guys??

Guru
08-17-2006, 01:25 AM

Football? Oh!!! you mean soccer right? :)

greg63
08-17-2006, 01:28 AM
am

too

Your Post whoring is surpassing my own :D

greg63
08-17-2006, 01:29 AM

I wanna see the Hali show!!! :D

Pants
08-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Too late, laz has the Bungholes.

It.
Was.
A.
Joke.
That.
Made.
Fun.
Of.
You.

Retard.

Please do us all a favor and never post again.

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 02:04 AM
I wanna see the Hali show!!! :D

Too bad he is out-you will have to wait a week. :banghead:

greg63
08-17-2006, 02:04 AM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5032/davidgoliathmt9.jpg

Classic pic! :)

greg63
08-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Too bad he is out-you will have to wait a week. :banghead:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Classic pic! :)

Yeah that rocks-I hope it comes true tonight-we are the underdogs.

greg63
08-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Yeah that rocks-I hope it comes true tonight-we are the underdogs.

Yeah, a win will be good to see, but it is just preseason. I'll trade 4 pre-season losses for a great winning regular season.

Nite Planet!

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, a win will be good to see, but it is just preseason. I'll trade 4 pre-season losses for a great winning regular season.

Nite Planet!

I would really like to see us go on the road and get a win-even though it is preseason, I want to see a complete game out of the Chiefs.

This should be a tough test for them.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Your Post whoring is surpassing my own :D

I don't have your superior postwhore talent, but I'm working on it.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Giant Smilie in next post:

hypersensitiveZO6
08-17-2006, 02:43 PM

boogblaster
08-17-2006, 03:55 PM
GO CHIEFS WIN TONITE .. BOOG WINS....

terrysheafanclub
08-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Halfcan is like that jinx from the movie A Bronx Tale.

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Halfcan is like that jinx from the movie A Bronx Tale.

Talking smack with your second post?

Is anyone going to talk about football, the game starts in less than 2 hours.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Casey Printers will dominate and force everyone to recognize.

Logical
08-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Talking smack with your second post?

Is anyone going to talk about football, the game starts in less than 2 hours.This is your punishment for starting the thread two days prematurely.

Fairplay
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM
This is your punishment for starting the thread two days prematurely.

These game threads starting so early is the lame.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Both the guys on PTI.......said they'd take Tiki Barber over Larry Johnson.

Fairplay
08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Both the guys on PTI.......said they'd take Tiki Barber over Larry Johnson.

Whatever is what i say to that. Im sure they would pick Tiki first in a fantasy draft over LJ. :rolleyes:

Who are the announcers for this game?

leviw
08-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Whatever is what i say to that. Im sure they would pick Tiki first in a fantasy draft over LJ. :rolleyes:

Who are the announcers for this game?

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. It's a nationally televised game on Fox. Not CBS, as the thread states.

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Eli Manning! Eli Manning! Eli Manning!

(Just helping everyone prepare.)

Lurch
08-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Eli Manning! Eli Manning! Eli Manning!

(Just helping everyone prepare.)

That's some man-crush you got there.

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 06:41 PM
That's some man-crush you got there.

Hardly.

Count how many times you hear "Eli Manning" once the broadcast starts.

Lurch
08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Hardly.

Count how many times you hear "Eli Manning" once the broadcast starts.I was just goshing you. The only schlongs the network guys slobber more over is Jake, Peyton, Brett, and Vick.

Calcountry
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Hardly.

Count how many times you hear "Eli Manning" once the broadcast starts.How about a radio link?

Lets do it.

Fairplay
08-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Just minutes and counting before the NY lovefest begins.................

BigRock
08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Between it being a national game and Herm's return to NY, and the knowledge that the Giants (and the Texans) gameplanned last week, I wonder if we'll do anything more than the typical basic preseason stuff we normally do. I'm not expecting it, but you gotta find some point of interest for a meaningless game.

Just stay healthy, everybody. :rockon:

SNR
08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Blah blah blah blah Tiki Barber blah blah Eli Manning gonna be awesome blah blah blah blah tough NFC east division blah blah NYrulez!!!!111111onehundred-eleven11one1

tk13
08-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Between it being a national game and Herm's return to NY, and the knowledge that the Giants (and the Texans) gameplanned last week, I wonder if we'll do anything more than the typical basic preseason stuff we normally do. I'm not expecting it, but you gotta find some point of interest for a meaningless game.

Just stay healthy, everybody. :rockon:
Yeah.. hopefully we're ready for the blitzes. I'm worried about that, since we've been pretty vanilla so far, and that probably isn't gonna change.

Also gonna be interesting to see how our tackles do against their stud DT's... assuming that they're playing, I don't even know.

big nasty kcnut
08-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Game on bitches.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Wha?????

They got a new Token?

The Dynasty
08-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh yes! Gametime baby! I hope to see a lot of Bernard.

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Eli Manning!

leviw
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
"...and to the fatass down on the sideline...here's Bob Gretz." - Mitch

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Eli Manning!!

tk13
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Gotta give FOX some credit, they spent a good chunk of that whole pregame sequence talking about the Chiefs. Giants fans are probably thinking WTF is going on, there are other football teams out there.

Bob Dole
Eli Manning!!! Eli Manning!!!

Dartgod
Suh-weeeeet! Preseason football in HD!

WilliamTheIrish
Eli Manning!

Glad I'm not playing the game where you take a drink every time you hear that particular name.

I'd be hammered by now.

Skip Towne
Aaarrrggghhh!!!!! Red clown pants!!!!!!!!!

leviw
We win. The toss.

WilliamTheIrish
08-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh yes! Gametime baby! I hope to see a lot of Bernard.

Take note:

That's a man crush

Fairplay
I would have wanted the Chiefs to pick up LarVar Arrington on the off season, too bad.

TinyEvel
Herm renegs on D confidence.

Archie F. Swin
nice crowd

JBucc
08-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I would love to see the inside of that car

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Nice start Dee.

The Dynasty
Penalty already from DB.

jspchief
Webb returning kicks? are they trying to gfind a spot for him on the roster?

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2006, 07:11 PM
So I was listening to some of the new Decemberists album and didn't realize it was 7 already so I guess I'll have to wait for a couple of minutes to catch up via TiVo okay see you guys later when the server stops melting bye.

4th and Long
Woohoo another worthless preseason game where we risk getting starting players injured!!!

Remember kids, Green goes down, we're toast. LJ goes down, we're toast. Turley goes down, we're toast, etc.

Bob Dole
Somebody is picking on Sammie already.

Thugs.

Mecca
The Chiefs are off to a real good start....

leviw
08-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Great series. :rolleyes:

JBucc
Not goood

The Dynasty
What a sucky offensive drive.

Bob Dole
Nice drive to start the game. Negative yards.

Mecca
Turley basically got abused by Umenyiora...

JBucc
Colquitt 4 MVP!

Bob Dole
Very nice punt.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Turley got worked

WilliamTheIrish
Mitchell on P coverage?

TinyEvel
Their D-Line's getting more penetration than Peter North

leviw
Man, I'm WTF is Kawika Mitchell now "Kavika" Mitchell. Bugs the hell out of me.

jspchief
watch the boot :)

grandllama
Well that wonderful drive gives hope for the upcoming season... now where did I put that damn Herm Avi...

Cormac
We know what our O can do. I'm more interested in seeing what our D can do?

leviw
Reverse = Bootleg

The Dynasty
Great defense.

WilliamTheIrish
Nice D

tk13
08-17-2006, 07:14 PM
What the flying heck. What's with these teams? This is preseason. An end around? Why don't they throw a few bootlegs out there too.

JBucc
Cool a reverse, and unlike The Who, I bet the Chiefs will get fooled again.

Mecca
Uh oh.....I'd rather the Chiefs not get embarrased on national TV, preseason or not.

Bob Dole
Cheap shit running an end around first play of preseason.

Right up there with the Colts onside kick.

jspchief
Man, I'm WTF is Kawika Mitchell now "Kavika" Mitchell. Bugs the hell out of me.It's pronounced kavika

grandllama
Man, I'm WTF is Kawika Mitchell now "Kavika" Mitchell. Bugs the hell out of me.

That question is so 2005

Bob Dole
Eli Manning!

RINGLEADER
08-17-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm glad we have a new and improved conservative offense so our defense doesn't get too overworked...

leviw
That question is so 2005

Never got an answer.

I was much more comfortable with "Kawika".

Garcia Bronco
What a sucky offensive drive.

Calling that a drive took a lot of courage.

WilliamTheIrish
Damn, had in the backfield and let him get away.

Bob Dole
Hicks was held.

KChiefs1
I'm feeling an 8-8 season watching this game...

Mecca
08-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Manning has all day to throw....this is gonna get ugly quick.

TinyEvel
This reminds me of Rocky III: the exhibition match against Hulk Hogan.

Us: Rocky
THEM: Hulk

leviw
Man, Hicks was held so bad. Took him completley out of the play.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Bob Dole
Um... The punt was nice.

Can't find anything else positive yet.

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
We look bad. Real bad.

The Dynasty
Ty Law got owned right there.

chagrin
Wesley is in on every play so far

WilliamTheIrish
Not much different than the last time we were there.

So far.

Cormac
Cheap shit running an end around first play of preseason.

Right up there with the Colts onside kick.

Who gives a crap? Losers complain about running up the score and trick plays. Not that we're not looking like losers right now.

GoodDaySir!
That question is so 2005

Do you realize what kind of games your D Coordinator calls in the pre-season?

RINGLEADER
Based on these two drives (offense and defense) I'd change my phone number if I was Roaf...

Yes, yes, I know it's only preseason. But if you think the coaching staff drove people crazy around here in 2005 just wait until this season...

Ultra Peanut
Wait.

Someone actually tackled Tiki Barber? What the hell team am I watching?

Bob Dole
Well, Wesley is attempting to lay the wood.

And the punt was nice.

TinyEvel
08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Calling that a drive took a lot of courage.

Eat my a$$, troll!

We're the only ones who are allowed to bag on our team.

:cuss: :banghead:

tk13
Why don't we telegraph that blitz a little better next time.

PastorMikH
Man, Hicks was held so bad. Took him completley out of the play.

Not that that's a bad thing.

The guy had his wrist. HIS WRIST! there is absolutely no way he should have been stopped by that. If he were a 180lb CB yeah, but he's a 280lb DE.

Why isn't Hali out there?

KILLER_CLOWN
Swiss Cheese anyone?

leviw
"Too easy" - Len Dawson

The Dynasty
Herm is a defensive wizard.

4th and Long
We look bad. Real bad.
Gotta love the preseason defense!
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/images/menu_ice_cream_cone.jpg

Fairplay
This game sucks so far.

WilliamTheIrish
08-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Nice drive for them.

Bob Dole
This new defense is impressive.

KILLER_CLOWN
So far this year Defense = same, Offense = hermanized.

leviw
08-17-2006, 07:20 PM
The guy had his wrist. HIS WRIST! there is absolutely no way he should have been stopped by that. If he were a 180lb CB yeah, but he's a 280lb DE.

Why isn't Hali out there?

He pulled him to the ground by whatever he had a hold of.

jspchief
Sapp blew that coverage.

SBK
It don't take long for the sky to fall around here....

NaptownChief
I'm guessing Herm Average is just playing opossum and doesn't want to expose anything before the real season starts.

Ultra Peanut
Anyways, what's up with that esoteric quarter indicator? Would it have really been so hard to put "1st" and "2nd" and so on in that little space rather than four dots?

Guru
Oh my friggin Gawd!!!!!!

PastorMikH
I wonder if Greg Robinson would be interested in coming back.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Same old shit different year for the D

KChiefs1
08-17-2006, 07:22 PM
The Chiefs defense is much improved from last year when they visited Giants Stadium....it took the Giants a whole 9 plays to score this year when they were doing it in 5-6 last season!:clap:

4th and Long
This new defense is impressive.
I'm calling bullshit on the sincerity of that post.

NUMBER7
At least I have a sweet HD broadcast. So far the Chefs suck!

Ultra Peanut
How sad is it that I've seen all of three minutes of football from this year's team and I'm already at the point where I'm laughing at the tragedy of it all?

Cormac
I liked how Q-tip ran hard on that KR much more than Webb's tentative effort.

JBucc
It seems the teams we've played are ready to make a statement and win the game and we don't really give a shit.

The Dynasty
How come Dante is returning?

58-4ever
It would be nice to be a little less predictable on offense this next drive.

tk13
Anyways, what's up with that esoteric quarter indicator? Would it have really been so hard to put "1st" and "2nd" and so on in that little space rather than four dots?
I complained about that last week. I don't know who thought that one up, real clever. Considering half the bar across the top of the screen is blank anyway. Just another thing to confuse people.

Fairplay
08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
At least the Chiefs won't have to contend with crowd noise.
That stadium has tons of empty seats.

Archie F. Swin
08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
apparently the whole NFL knows what Shanahan has known for years.

Guru
08-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I wonder if Greg Robinson would be interested in coming back.

Bite your toungue young man!!!

RINGLEADER
Except for running every down they haven't changed the offense at all...

(all standard preseason caveats apply)

The Dynasty
Ek87!

NaptownChief
You play to win the game.....

Bob Dole
Nice catch by Kennison.

Ultra Peanut
KAWIKA IS NOT A GERMAN NAME

jspchief
08-17-2006, 07:25 PM
O-line can't block for shit. Please take Green out now.

JBucc
Who's at RT?

leviw
Eddie's solid. Wonder if he's considered getting a bigger contract?

4th and Long
Come on guys. This is the cover two defense! We saw it last year, remember? Opening day? Against the jets? When Ty Law was a Jet? remember how impressive they looked and ... oh wait ...

dirk digler
I like that long pass.

KCChiefsFan88
Wow a deep pass on first down, I like it. Nice call Solari

leviw
08-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Nice catch.

NUMBER7
Finally passing down field to spread the defense.

dirk digler
Nice catch by Parker. Maybe they are unleashing Trent.

Bob Dole
Nice catch by PArker.

Trent is getting rushed bad.

WilliamTheIrish
Way to matriculate, boys...

Ultra Peanut
SAMIE 4 LYFE MOTHER****ERS

PastorMikH
EH, Payback Parker! Next time catch my long pass and I won't hang you out over the middle 'Kay?

KChiefs1
Trent Green is going to get killed tonight if they don't start blocking someone....

jspchief
Do we not have f*cking pass plays to exploit the blitz? It reminds me of Buffalo '05

Guru
This looks a little more like our offense now.

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Gonzo!

Mecca
Green's getting abused.....I wonder if people will be so high on the line now.

Jetsalltheway
Sorry Chiefs fans but your team is going nowhere fast as long as Herm Backwards is your coach.

It was a great day for the Jets when we not only got rid of Herm, but picked up a 4th rounder in the process, and got a real coach in Mangini!

Guru
is the planet moving slow for everyone else too?

Mecca
Now we get a Jet's troll in the game thread....

kcjayhawks5
im feeling sick to my stomach after seeing how atrocious we looked coming out the shoot. herm u better not **** us over with these light practices and conservative offense with a team that quite frankly destroyed opposing defenses. i just dont think we can afford a slow start that herm is so infamously known for.

big gain by kennison followed by parker nvm.....hehe

****in hold god dammit

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Sweet <strike>hold</strike> hug, Kyle.

Bob Dole
Argh. That's going to kill the drive.

PastorMikH
OK Who held?

Way to go Casey!

Cormac
I'm really encouraged watching this offense (seriously). Play action deep, not afraid to pass 5-6 times in a row etc. That's all I needed to see. If Solari is allowed to call this kind of play all the time, Herm's influence might be like he promised.....minimal.

The Dynasty
Our O Line stinks right now minus Will.

Mecca
Back to back penalties by the Chiefs.....

tk13
They are unleashing the blitzes.

Guru
BOBER!!!!