PDA

View Full Version : Anyone adopted a baby through China?

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Wife & I have started the process of adopting a baby from China. We've paid the $1250 fee to get a home study completed in addition to sending $4500 to an International Adoption Agency. I was wondering if anyone else out there has went through this process & how it went.

Anytime I send out almost $6000 it kinda scares me when I do see something immediately in return. I've been told this could be a long process.

Any personal stories out there?

StcChief
08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Some friends did a few years ago....takes a while.
I guess your getting a girl...

ct
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Not China, but a couple friend of mine adopted 2 girls from Kazakhstan. Had 2 choices, couldn't decide, adopted them both. Their experience was pretty good overall, but they did have a holdup with a local judge, who decided he just wasn't so sure they were 'fitting parents'. Only a $2500 'assurance' from the sponsoring adoption agency convinced him, after a 2 day delay. My friends didn't pay that, the agency had to eat it.

Best of Luck to ya!! TnP everything goes smooth as your new babies' backside!

melbar
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
A good friend of mine had adopted 2 girls from China. The last one last fall. It does take some time, but but it is very worth it. They went over with other famililies and spent a little time there together. A great experience. Is your agency out of Oregon? Theres was , and most are.

Hog Farmer
08-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Some of those so called baby adoption agencies overseas are really terrorist organizations raising money for al-qaida, you'll want to make sure you've sent your money to the real deal. Also if everything does pan out and you do receive your precious gift you'll want to check the tag for a "made in china" mark.

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Some friends did a few years ago....takes a while.
I guess your getting a girl...

We've been told that there's about a 99% chance of it being a girl due to the way the orphanages in China are overloaded with girls.

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
A good friend of mine had adopted 2 girls from China. The last one last fall. It does take some time, but but it is very worth it. They went over with other famililies and spent a little time there together. A great experience. Is your agency out of Oregon? Theres was , and most are.

This one is out of Texas. I can't wait for the trip to China.

ct
08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
We've been told that there's about a 99% chance of it being a girl due to the way the orphanages in China are overloaded with girls.

You will get a girl, or a very sick boy. Not like GoChiefs sick, I mean legitimately sick.

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:34 PM
if everything does pan out and you do receive your precious gift you'll want to check the tag for a "made in china" mark.

I'll have to make sure I get the real thing! Thanks!

tomahawk kid
08-15-2006, 01:35 PM
If you don't mind me asking, is $6k your total commit?

I've always heard that it's closer to $10k.

Halfcan
08-15-2006, 01:35 PM
My friends adopted a brother and sister from Romania-they were on the news. They are very happy!!

Congrats!!!

wutamess
08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
If you don't mind me asking?
Why adopt?
Then why does it have to be someone from China?

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:39 PM
If you don't mind me asking, is $6k your total commit?

I've always heard that it's closer to $10k.

Unfortunately the $6K is just to get things started. We've been told that the total should be around $20K when everything is done. They mentioned some special tax credit that would help us out but that's not until everything is finalized.

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:40 PM
My friends adopted a brother and sister from Romania-they were on the news. They are very happy!!

Congrats!!!

thanks!

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
If you don't mind me asking?
Why adopt?
Then why does it have to be someone from China?

Don't mind at all. Wife's eggs are shot. We've tried invitro with no results & we just decided that instead of wasting the money we've put in trying to have one we should just adopt & we were told that China right now is the fastest & cheapest route to adopting.

DMAC
08-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Don't mind at all. Wife's eggs are shot. We've tried invitro with no results & we just decided that instead of wasting the money we've put in trying to have one we should just adopt & we were told that China right now is the fastest & cheapest route to adopting.Plus as they get older, you can have kung pow chicken anytime. KUNG POW CHIKEN!!!!

sedated
08-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Any personal stories out there?

does a bride from russia count?

Iowanian
08-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I haven't, but there are I have 3 first cousins who were.

One is missing a hand, that was chopped off at birth, so the parents could classify her defective and try again. The other was about 2(they likely won't know the exact age) when they picked her up at an orphanage. She was mean....and the only reason she was probably still alive, as alot starve to death...they put a bowl of rice out for however many kids. They also weren't accustomed to physical attention. To be brutally honest...the one with the chopped hand is well adjusted and near genius, the other is a strange, strange kid....both terrified of dogs, due to the use of guard dogs at the orphanage.

The other is very well adjusted and normal.

I've been told you should definitely take the powder to delouse and kill whatever causes the scabbies and shower them before leaving, or you'll too find yourself itchy and infected with bug bites and sore rash.

DTLB58
08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
A friend of our family just put out $20,000 for her daughter and son-in-law to adopt a baby from china. I heard this first hand as I was sitting in the room when she told this story. All of the money has been paid already.

China has pushed back the date when they can come and pick her up 3 times over the past 6 months.

They have 2 other children adopted from china already, this one they just seem to be getting put off for some reason.

That's all I know. Good luck.

Hog Farmer
08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Sounds like you better buy half a dozen so you have a better chance of gettin one that's half way normal.

Simplex3
08-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I heard they don't really taste like the Chinese we get here. :shrug:

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Not China, but a couple friend of mine adopted 2 girls from Kazakhstan.In Kazakhstan we have problem
And that problem is transport

Jilly
08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Friends of ours got a little girl from China, she is precious. Already has full command of the English language and she's only 3. It took, though, 2 years for them to finally have the go ahead to go get her and bring her home. But who cares? It's such a blessing to her and to them.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2006, 04:20 PM
why not adopt american? :shrug:

Cochise
08-15-2006, 04:27 PM
why not adopt american? :shrug:

The human rights situation for a female child in China is very bleak.

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2006, 04:27 PM
why not adopt american? :shrug:What, does your dad work at the GM Adoption Factory?

pr_capone
08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Why adopt?

There are soooo many kids out there in the world today that need a loving mom and dad (or mom and mom / dad and dad).

Aside that it is your own... why bring in another child into the world when there are already so many that need love?