PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV Deal

Iron Chef
08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I just got a great Direct TV Deal. I called to complain that I was not offered the free HD upgrade for Sunday Ticket subscribers. I told them I wanted a HD DVR. What I got was the HD DVR, 5LNB Dish, Free instillation, free upgrade to the Super fan pack and they will move my current TiVo to my bedroom all for about $22.00 which is for shipping the equipment.

Oh and 4 free months of HD programming.

ROFL

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2006, 01:17 PM
You should not start these types of rumors.

picasso
08-15-2006, 01:27 PM
How did you do this? I was on the phone with them this morning and what they told me was that all hardware is now leased not owned but the HDDVR you have to pay $399 up front to have with a commitment for two years. If you decide you don't want it you have to return the DVR or pay the difference of $470.

Are you a NEW customer or a long time customer?

TinyEvel
08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
How did you do this? I was on the phone with them this morning and what they told me was that all hardware is now leased not owned but the HDDVR you have to pay $399 up front to have with a commitment for two years. If you decide you don't want it you have to return the DVR or pay the difference of $470.

Are you a NEW customer or a long time customer?

Yeah, what he said. Same question.
I just signed up a month ago :cuss:

Dallas Chief
08-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Where do I sign up? Anything to get rid of Time Warner Cable... BTW DirecTV quoted me $700 for the HD-DVR last year and I had been a customer for 5 years. What a rip off!

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I can't get Directv to give any deals except a $20 credit for 6 months & they gave that to me grudgingly.

Iron Chef
08-15-2006, 01:42 PM
I have been a customer for about 3 years now. All I did was tell them I have a buddy that got this deal (which is true). I also told them that Comcast was offering big bucks to switch me to regular cable. I did make an error I am only getting the triple LNB dish, but I guess Ill survive.

Make sure you ask for the customer retention department.

KChiefs1
08-15-2006, 01:43 PM
what phone number did you call?

Iron Chef
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
1-800-Directtv

kcxiv
08-15-2006, 01:53 PM
They gave me 4 boxes, new dish, they installed it all for free. 4 months of hbo free as well. Probalby becuase i got the NFL sunday ticket.

DTLB58
08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
I am a current DIRECTV customer and have been for several years. I've had NFL Sunday ticket from the first year.

I wanted to add a DVR reciever into our living room upstairs so my wife could watch what she wants to this NFL Season. So I called DIRECTV last Friday and told them I wanted to add a DVR and asked what kind of deal I could get. She told me $99 for the DVR. Not what I wanted to hear.

I went and searched their web site for a little while, called back about an hour later and asked the same question again. Same response, $99. I said wait a minute your web site says there is a free upgrade available. Albeit I want to keep the 2 recievers I have and not just swap one for the DVR but I should still get this for free. She asked if I was renewing my Sunday ticket this year, I said yes and she said no problem you can have the DVR for FREE, no shipping charges and free installation.

Bootlegged
08-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Just got the HD upgrade and Superfan package for $0.00. Not even shipping/handling. Just 2 yr committment.

Nice.