PDA

View Full Version : New Outkast

CHENZ A!
08-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Listening to Idlewild, about 12 songs in, and I like it very much, although I kind of doubt this will get much mainstream play for some reason. Beats seem very simple, and along ways away(thankfully) from Young joc, Dem Franchise Boys, Lil John, Jeezy and the like.

On a side note, I was watching "When Metal Ruled the World" on VH1 a few nights ago, and it was the segment on the downfall, when all the hairbands were making the same lame ass songs as one another, and it made me a little sad because hip hop is going down the same road at the moment.

Oh well.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5189/idlewilddesktop2smya7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

beavis
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
...because hip hop is going down the same road at the moment.
One can only hope.

NJ Chief Fan
08-16-2006, 01:41 AM
that southern cRAP is gonna die by the end of the year HOPEFULLY aswell as the end of fifty cent and real hip hop like wu tang and new comer saigon will reign in hip hop

the Talking Can
08-16-2006, 08:02 AM
anyone familiar with J-Dilla (?)....read about his unfortunately short life...heard a bit the other day, liked it...couldn't catagorize it but am thinking of picking it up....album called Donuts, i think

DMAC
08-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Outkast is coo.

Especially Southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusic.

Gangsta rap was coo.

Hip Hop is retarded. Seriously retarded. And if anyone thinks different on that, they are kidding themselves.

wutamess
08-16-2006, 12:34 PM
I just got The Roots Game Theory and it's sounding nice.

I've also got new stuff from others... Rick Ross, Yung Joc, Juvenile, Jyfe jennings, Pharrel, Bone Crusher, Trae, Ice Cube, Lil Flip, Chopper (from Making the Band), DMX, Obie Trice, and others...

Only thing worth listening to is Juvenile and Roots (Haven't listened to Lyfe Jennings yet).
Man this is like the Chiefs Offseason. Similar to horrible Gunther Fan threads frequenting the site.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what Danity Kane has to offer.

Outkast is so hit ant miss lately... haven't had a good CD since ATLiens.

NJ Chief Fan
08-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Outkast is coo.

Especially Southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusic.

Hip Hop is retarded. Seriously retarded. And if anyone thinks different on that, they are kidding themselves.

umm...what do you think outkast is gangsta rap? no they are lyricists and that is what hip hop is lyricists, they arent rappers theyre emcees

DMAC
08-16-2006, 02:05 PM
umm...what do you think outkast is gangsta rap? no they are lyricists and that is what hip hop is lyricists, they arent rappers theyre emceesumm...no, I like Outkast and I like old gangsta rap. I never said Outkast is gangsta rap.

Hip Hop is Nelly...nuff said.

ZootedGranny
08-16-2006, 02:18 PM
umm...no, I like Outkast and I like old gangsta rap. I never said Outkast is gangsta rap.

Hip-hop music is gangsta rap, crunk, hyphy, NY boom bap, scratch heavy DJ albums, instrumental, etc.

Common & Rick Ross perform two completely different types of rap music, but they're both emcees, and they both fall under the umbrella of hip-hop music.

CHENZ A!
08-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I just got The Roots Game Theory and it's sounding nice.

I've also got new stuff from others... Rick Ross, Yung Joc, Juvenile, Jyfe jennings, Pharrel, Bone Crusher, Trae, Ice Cube, Lil Flip, Chopper (from Making the Band), DMX, Obie Trice, and others...

Only thing worth listening to is Juvenile and Roots (Haven't listened to Lyfe Jennings yet).
Man this is like the Chiefs Offseason. Similar to horrible Gunther Fan threads frequenting the site.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what Danity Kane has to offer.

Outkast is so hit ant miss lately... haven't had a good CD since ATLiens.

Lyfe Jennings album 268-192 is one of my favorites, my favorite song on there is "Made up my mind". I haven't heard The Phoenix yet except for "S.E.X.", but am planning on getting it soon.

Also, I gotta disagree with you on the Outkast thing, because Aquemini is a classic imo. If you do think that, you probably will not like the newest one, because it is VERY different from their early style, and even very different from what we heard on Stankonia and Speakerboxx. Alot of the songs have an oldies kind of feel to them, because their new movie takes place in the 1930's.

Ultra Peanut
08-16-2006, 08:04 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=75741223

The whole album is available for listening there.

although I kind of doubt this will get much mainstream play for some reason.Because it doesn't suck.

On the bright side, they've transcended the need to get a ton of airplay.

Reaper16
08-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Hip-hop music is gangsta rap, crunk, hyphy, NY boom bap, scratch heavy DJ albums, instrumental, etc.

Common & Rick Ross perform two completely different types of rap music, but they're both emcees, and they both fall under the umbrella of hip-hop music.
Quoted for truth

NJ Chief Fan
08-17-2006, 01:23 AM

please never say that again, NELLY IS NO WHERE NEAR HIP HOP

DMAC
08-17-2006, 07:46 AM
please never say that again, NELLY IS NO WHERE NEAR HIP HOPROFL :LOL: ROFL