PDA

View Full Version : Roaf vs. Turley

FringeNC
08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Now that it's all but official..........Obviously, Turley is no Roaf. How will the offense change? Turley looks to be a better pass-blocker than run-blocker. Does that mean we will pass more, or does that mean will have an extra run-blocker in there, and actually pass less?

Might we see quite a bit of Gretz's proposed 3-TE sets to help Turley maul on running plays?

King_Chief_Fan
08-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Now that it's all but official..........Obviously, Turley is no Roaf. How will the offense change? Turley looks to be a better pass-blocker than run-blocker. Does that mean we will pass more, or does that mean will have an extra run-blocker in there, and actually pass less?

Might we see quite a bit of Gretz's proposed 3-TE sets to help Turley maul on running plays?

who knows what they will do? Based on Squirm Edwards comments, they will control the clock (run the ball). If they run the ball to Turley's side help will be needed. I do think Turley is doing a pretty good job after being out of the league for 2 years and overcoming bad back, dumping weight, adding weight.

JBucc
08-16-2006, 11:49 AM
We'll probably run more with Dunn or Gonzo over to help Turley. I really want to see how he does against Strahan or Osi Umenaurnineyouralaayala

MOhillbilly
08-16-2006, 11:55 AM
if turley can put on an extra 10-20 w/out any back problems his run blocking should improve. see newtons 3rd law.

sedated
08-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Wilson / Dunn / Turley / Waters / Weigmann / Shields / Sampson / Gonzo

jAZ
08-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Did I miss the "It's official" thread on Roaf?

jAZ
08-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Wilson / Dunn / Turley / Waters / Weigmann / Shields / Sampson / Gonzo
ROFL

"The Wall"

jAZ
08-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Did I miss the "It's official" thread on Roaf?
Nevermind... :sulk:

Found it.

FringeNC
08-16-2006, 12:03 PM
if turley can put on an extra 10-20 w/out any back problems his run blocking should improve. see newtons 3rd law.

I dunno. Roaf is one of the best LTs ever. Turley won't be able to duplicate his mix of quickness and power. The thing I like about Turley is that unlike Black, I don't think he will repeatedly get abused on passing plays. He will pick up the guy.

Having Turley in there instead of Roaf makes it less likely that we will have a vanilla, smash-mouth offense, in my opinion. We'll run more plays that will take advantage of Turley's nimble feet.

StcChief
08-16-2006, 12:03 PM
So when is Turley lining up against Roaf again?

Who is the DE or LT.

It may have happened in TC or something in NO.....

boogblaster
08-16-2006, 12:36 PM
There will probably be more misdirection away from the left side pulling the defence then letting Turley seal the corner against one defender... BOOG OUTT...

htismaqe
08-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Size don't mean shit. If Turley has the STRENGTH, he'll be able to drive block just fine.