08-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Someone found in Thailand.

Developing, per CBS radio.

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:05 PM
No way!

Pierce
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah, heard it on CBS Radio as well. I'll be damned if they found the killer.

pr_capone
08-16-2006, 02:08 PM
WTF???

Thailand?

I bet Gary Glitter was somehow involved. :hmmm:

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Dudes, tell us more of what you are hearing

jspchief
08-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I can't help but think about all the parents were put through with the constant accusations.

Didn't the mother die? If so, it's too bad, because people should be lining up to apologize.

Halfcan
08-16-2006, 02:10 PM
If this is a joke thread.......

pr_capone
08-16-2006, 02:11 PM
I need linkage!

The intarweb hasnt picked this up yet.

Dammit Al Gore :cuss:

burt
08-16-2006, 02:11 PM
I can't help but think about all the parents were put through with the constant accusations.

Didn't the mother die? If so, it's too bad, because people should be lining up to apologize.

Yes, Patsey Ramsey died of cancer.....

Bootlegged
08-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Bangkok, Oriental setting
And the city don't know that the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world in a
Show with everything but Yul Brynner

Time flies -- doesn't seem a minute
Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it
All change -- don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland --
or the Philippines --
or Hastings -- or --
or this place!

COMPANY:
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

THE AMERICAN:
One town's very like another
When your head's down over your pieces, brother

COMPANY:
It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
To be looking at the board, not looking at the city

THE AMERICAN:

Whaddya mean? Ya seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town
--

COMPANY:
Tea, girls, warm, sweet
Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite

THE AMERICAN:
Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
Whose every move's among the purest
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

COMPANY:
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

THE AMERICAN:
Siam's gonna be the witness
To the ultimate test of cerebral fitness
This grips me more than would a
Muddy old river or reclining Buddha

And thank God I'm only watching the game --
controlling it --

I don't see you guys rating
The kind of mate I'm contemplating
I'd let you watch, I would invite you
But the queens we use would not excite you

So you better go back to your bars, your temples,
your massage
parlours --

COMPANY:
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
A little flesh, a little history
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me.

Pitt Gorilla
08-16-2006, 02:13 PM

Didn't the mother die? If so, it's too bad, because people should be lining up to apologize.Her father was in Thailand?!?

|Zach|
08-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Cuh-razy

jspchief
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Her father was in Thailand?!?Huh?

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Her father was in Thailand?!?

ROFL

pr_capone
08-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Cuh-razy
http://www.animationartgallery.com/images/WDL/WDLMAKL.jpg

/wonders if anyone will get it

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I always laugh at that word, BangKOK!

Skip Towne
Who dun it?

John_Wayne
I didn't hear the report. So, I have no idea what was said. BUT, "an arrest" doesn't mean THE killer was found or arrested. The arrest could have been for another reason related to this case. However, I do hope they found the killer and arrested him.

Dartgod
08-16-2006, 02:20 PM

Jungle Book

DMAC
08-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Jungle BookOHH!!! I get it now!

pr_capone
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
OHH!!! I get it now!

lol

the cuh razy that Zach posted made me think of King Louie instantly.

Cochise
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
I didn't hear the report. So, I have no idea what was said. BUT, "an arrest" doesn't mean THE killer was found or arrested.

DMAC
08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Man, I can't keep up with all the developments with this story!!

Brock
08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Her father was in Thailand?!?

:drool:

Baby Lee
08-16-2006, 02:27 PM
term 'suspect held' used, update promised after commercials.

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Man, I can't keep up with all the developments with this story!!

It's blurring isn't it

Baby Lee
08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Update was just BG, mom dead, parents were 'persons of interest,' etc.

Cochise
08-16-2006, 02:37 PM
KUSA - A Boulder County District Attorney investigator is bringing a suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case back to the United States.

The suspect was arrested in Bangkok, Thailand Wednesday morning.

The suspect has confessed to certain elements of the crime that are unknown to the general public.

The suspect is expected to arrive back in the United States, possibly within the next two days, accompanied by an investigator from the Boulder DA's office.

The Boulder County DA's office has not confirmed the identity of the suspect, but is expected to have a press conference later today.

9NEWS.com will live stream the event.

SCTrojan
08-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Here's a link. Gotta love the Drudgereport for breaking news.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=189d522a-0abe-421a-00f3-dded5288de58&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=189d522a-0abe-421a-00f3-dded5288de58&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Heh, or Cochise

pr_capone
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM

Thank you!

InChiefsHell
08-16-2006, 02:43 PM

I got it...watched that movie about 7 million times...

Iowanian
08-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I hope they caught the culprit.

I'd like to see that person, the couey in Florida, and the rest of the kid rapers whipped to near recongnition, covered in Honey and stuffed into barrels full of angry fire ants, and then thrown in a cement truck on spin cycle.

Robo-Chachi
08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Now if they can just find Natalee Holloway's killer(s) all the unsolved murders in the world that matter will be solved!

InChiefsHell
08-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I hope they caught the culrit.

I'd like to see that person, the couey in Florida, and the rest of the kid rapers whipped to near recongnition, covered in Honey and stuffed into barrels full of angry fire ants, and then thrown in a cement truck on spin cycle.

Ya know, you really have a talent...

DenverChief
08-16-2006, 02:46 PM
bout damn time

vailpass
08-16-2006, 02:50 PM

What if its a friend of the family? Someone who was allowed to be closer to JonBenet than he should have been, as was intimated by some when this tragedy was first reported all those years ago?

This was a daily news item in Denver when it occurred. I don't know who did it but I do know the parents behaved in a way that gave the impression they were much more concerned with themselves than they were grieving the loss of a child.

chagrin
08-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Wasn't there another Son, an older son who was some sort of a traveler/vagabond and he was a shady character as well...?

jspchief
08-16-2006, 02:56 PM
What if its a friend of the family? Someone who was allowed to be closer to JonBenet than he should have been, as was intimated by some when this tragedy was first reported all those years ago?

This was a daily news item in Denver when it occurred. I don't know who did it but I do know the parents behaved in a way that gave the impression they were much more concerned with themselves than they were grieving the loss of a child.Unless the parents were involved, I don't think any other excuse changes the fact that it's horrible that they've had to face blame all this time. So the p[arent's didn't behave the right way? Big deal, maybe they are strange people (all that pageant shit certainly hints at it). They still don't deserve to have the salt of accusation poured on the wound of losing a child.

chief2000
08-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Looks legit.

http://news.google.com/news?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=JonBenet&tab=wn

Saulbadguy
08-16-2006, 03:00 PM
They found "some puerto rican dude"?

vailpass
08-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Unless the parents were involved, I don't think any other excuse changes the fact that it's horrible that they've had to face blame all this time. So the p[arent's didn't behave the right way? Big deal, maybe they are strange people (all that pageant shit certainly hints at it). They still don't deserve to have the salt of accusation poured on the wound of losing a child.

Yes, the grief of losing a child is something no one should have to bear let alone media scrutiny and false accusations.

It is very possible that the Benets were naturally self-centered, emotionally distant people and that came across as suspicious. They did not act at all like we would expect parents in their situation to act.

All of that doesn't change my gut feeling that the dad knows more than he is letting on. Hopefully we will know the whole story soon.

ChiefsOne
I hope this is true. I was actually thinking about this the other day and wondering what ever happened. You see something in the news for so long and it becomes part of something you hear about everyday and then it disappears.

BigChiefFan
Man held in death of JonBenet Ramsey

By SUZANNE GAMBOA
Associated Press Writer

U.S. Video

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A man arrested in Thailand is being held in connection with the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

Federal officials familiar with the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the man was already being held in Bangkok on unrelated sex charges.

The girl was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family's home in Boulder, Colo., on Dec. 26, 1996.

Law enforcement officials from Boulder were flying to Bangkok to present Thai authorities with documents in the slaying of the 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant, officials in Washington said. They asked to remain anonymous pending an announcement in Colorado.

The girl's parents, Patsy and John Ramsey, had been under an "umbrella of suspicion" in JonBenet's death. The Ramseys said an intruder killed their daughter. A grand jury investigation in Boulder ended with no indictments, and no arrests had been made in the case.

Patsy Ramsey died in July.

In 2003, U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes in Atlanta concluded that the evidence she reviewed suggested an intruder killed JonBenet. That opinion came with the judge's decision to dismiss a libel and slander lawsuit against the Ramseys by a freelance journalist, who the Ramseys had named as a suspect in their daughter's murder. The Boulder district attorney at the time said she agreed with Carnes' declaration.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Sydd
08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
"The man arrested in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is a 41-year-old American second-grade schoolteacher, CBS reports."

From the front page of CNN.

oldandslow
08-16-2006, 03:29 PM
"The man arrested in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is a 41-year-old American second-grade schoolteacher, CBS reports."

If this is true there are probably others hidden along the way...

I really hate pedophiles.

Especially ones that beat the system and get jobs like this...

Calcountry
08-16-2006, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=vailpass].All of that doesn't change my gut feeling that the dad knows more than he is letting on. Hopefully we will know the whole story soon.[/

QUOTE]I find the timeing of this arrest to be suspect as well.
I mean, now that the mother is gone, and won't have to deal with the whatever(say Daddy is involved), he now can come clean.

We have to replace the HezbullLAW war with something?

FringeNC
08-16-2006, 04:22 PM
I wonder if the guy admitted it so that he could avoid Thai prison?

Still, I'll be surprised if this guy is solely responsible for the murder.

Rain Man
08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
WTF???

Thailand?

I bet Gary Glitter was somehow involved. :hmmm:

Dang. Beat me to it.

Mr. Laz
08-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I wonder if the guy admitted it so that he could avoid Thai prison?

Still, I'll be surprised if this guy is solely responsible for the murder.

if this guy does match the DNA is still doesn't mean the parents are clean.

i thought i remembers something about people seeing an unknown guy with the parents at some point before the murder.

Psyko Tek
08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
http://kutv.com/topstories/topstories_story_228160253.html

link I just found

Rain Man
08-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I have a feeling that this is going to be a big topic on the local news tonight.

OldTownChief
08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I have a feeling that this is going to be a big topic on the local news tonight.

Nancy Grace will be all over it.

Skip Towne
08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
It wasn't mentioned on the 6 o'clock News.

chief2000
08-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Heard blurb that he knew the family.

OldTownChief
08-16-2006, 06:43 PM
On Nancy Grace they just said that the mother was told by the FBI before she died that they had a solid subject.

Rest in peace Patsy.

Mecca
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Nancy Grace will be all over it.

That woman is creepy lookin.

KChiefsQT
08-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Look the guy was facing life in prison IN THAILAND. Who wouldn't confess to the murder to get outta that shithole. He's a FRAUD!

Baby Lee
08-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Look the guy was facing life in prison IN THAILAND. Who wouldn't confess to the murder to get outta that shithole. He's a FRAUD!
I understand he related details unknown to the public.

OldTownChief
08-16-2006, 06:58 PM

He is being deported back to the US this weekend to face murder charges.

KChiefsQT
08-16-2006, 07:07 PM
He is being deported back to the US this weekend to face murder charges.
exactly...deported back to the U.S.. Life in prison in Thailand, or U.S. ....any dummy would pick U.S.

OldTownChief
08-16-2006, 07:13 PM
exactly...deported back to the U.S.. Life in prison in Thailand, or U.S. ....any dummy would pick U.S.

They seem pretty confident that he is the one. Sex offender where children are involved life in prison in the US is no picnic from what I hear. This didn't come from some desperate prisoner in Thailand, it came from months of surveillance from correspondents from him, no direct confession.

KChiefsQT
08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
They seem pretty confident that he is the one. Sex offender where children are involved life in prison in the US is no picnic from what I hear. This didn't come from some desperate prisoner in Thailand, it came from months of surveillance from correspondents from him, no direct confession.
Sorry, I just don't buy it. I hope I'm wrong, but the Ramsey's were too sketch for me to believe they didn't know anything about her murder. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

OldTownChief
08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Sorry, I just don't buy it. I hope I'm wrong, but the Ramsey's were too sketch for me to believe they didn't know anything about her murder. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Where did you hear that he was facing life in prison in Thiland? They just said on Fox that he was arrested by Thiland police at the request of the U.S. justice dept.

Chieftain58
08-16-2006, 08:37 PM

crazy

BigRock
08-17-2006, 02:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060817/us_nm/crime_jonbenet_dc_21

Accused JonBenet killer says death accident: police

BANGKOK (Reuters) - An American suspected over the murder of six-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey during Christmas 1996 has said her death was an accident, a senior Thai policeman said on Thursday.

"He killed the girl by accident," Immigration Police chief Lieutenant-General Suwat Tumroungsiskul told reporters after primary school teacher John Mark Karr, 41, was interrogated a day after his arrest in Bangkok.

"They fell in love with each other. She was very beautiful. So he kidnapped her and killed her by accident," Suwat said.

:shake: :Lin:

Whatever happens to this guy, I hope it involves a white-hot aluminum baseball bat getting slowly crammed up inside him.

Otter
08-17-2006, 04:56 AM

Did you know the Ramsey's well or would you just run into them at the country club a couple times a month?

:rolleyes:

If this man is tried and found guilty I hope Mr. Ramsey's sues the press for hundreds of millions of dollars on defamation of character for how they drug that family through the mud so they could have a story on the that matched the public needs for blood.

Guru
08-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Did you know the Ramsey's well or would you just run into them at the country club a couple times a month?

If this man is tried and found guilty I hope Mr. Ramsey's sues the press for hundreds of millions of dollars on defamation of character for how they drug that family through the mud so they could have a story on the that matched the public needs for blood.
:bravo:

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 05:49 AM

It's too bad. There's no one to sue. Just a bunch of veiled comments and suspicious looks.

Their lives were ruined TWICE. First they lose their daughter, then the whole world thinks they did it. Then the mother dies before redemption is achieved. I feel very badly for them.

So vermin here is sticking to the accidental death story.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/LAW/08/17/ramsey.arrest/story.john.mark.karr.jpg

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Here's the CNN story site:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/17/ramsey.arrest/index.html

He wasn't facing life in Thai prison, and decided to confess at that point, or anything:

"wo law enforcement sources told CNN that Karr was under investigation for an unrelated sex crime when information led to his arrest in the Ramsey case."

How the F**K could this be an accident? Give me a break.

"Autopsy results showed JonBenet had received a massive blow to the head and was strangled with a rope that the killer tightened by twisting an attached paint brush handle."

And everyone who thinks that the Ramseys didn't react the "right way" or whatever, and therefore remain under a cloud of suspicion in their own minds are completely clueless morons. You have NO IDEA what it's like to lose a child under these circumstances (neither do I, thank God) and be thrust under intense public scrutiny, and you have no fugging clue about anything in this case other than what you read in the paper and 30 second news soundbites. To act like you have any clue at all about what is going on is a complete joke.

Otter
08-17-2006, 06:11 AM
It's too bad. There's no one to sue. Just a bunch of veiled comments and suspicious looks.

Their lives were ruined TWICE. First they lose their daughter, then the whole world thinks they did it. Then the mother dies before redemption is achieved. I feel very badly for them.

So vermin here is sticking to the accidental death story.

You're more qualified to make a prediction than I but with all the stories released on film and print it seems hard to believe that a determined lawyer and a couple paralegals couldn't dig up a couple that could be used against the authors and publishers.

I'd just be nice to see the parasitic journalists and the companies that supported them pay a price for stomping on their lives in the name of ratings.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 06:17 AM
You're more qualified to make a prediction than I but with all the stories released on film and print it seems hard to believe that a determined lawyer and a couple paralegals couldn't dig up a couple that could be used against the authors and publishers.

I'd just be nice to see the parasitic journalists and the companies that supported them pay a price for stomping on their lives in the name of ratings.The journalists might not even be the most disgusting of those invloved. The law enforcement involved are the most culpable IMO.

Cochise
08-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Hard to believe the case opened again after all this time.

Hey, I admit I was one of the people who thought her parents did it. I don't really blame myself because I only knew what the media drumbeat about the case was.

BucEyedPea
08-17-2006, 06:24 AM
... and you have no fugging clue about anything in this case other than what you read in the paper and 30 second news soundbites. To act like you have any clue at all about what is going on is a complete joke.
Unfortunately, this is the sad state of affairs with the American public, who think because what they read in a newspaper must be true or have no critical thinking skills.

Brock
08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
A strange looking fellow.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060817/capt.bk10708170749.thailand_jonbenet_ramsey_bk107.jpg?x=228&y=345&sig=AYNYr4KXpkj99r47EezAoQ--

jspchief
08-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Yea, he pretty much looks like someone who would rape and strangle kids.

Otter
08-17-2006, 06:54 AM
The journalists might not even be the most disgusting of those invloved. The law enforcement involved are the most culpable IMO.

Yes, I thought of that too. At least their involvment requires them to pry into matters.

Just shitty to see the victims turn into the ones being beaten up. If that's indeed the case.

Otter
08-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey, I admit I was one of the people who thought her parents did it. I don't really blame myself because I only knew what the media drumbeat about the case was.

Congratulations

chagrin
08-17-2006, 07:33 AM
I just watched that video of him answering those questions with the reporter over there and he has already taken his position as the sensitive killer who is really enjoying the attention.

What a freak. I will say this, he does seem very very out of touch, and insanely clever.

cadmonkey
08-17-2006, 07:36 AM
kinda funny that they found him in Tailand, seeing how people go there to have sex with kids.

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 07:42 AM

I'd just be nice to see the parasitic journalists and the companies that supported them pay a price for stomping on their lives in the name of ratings.

A case for slander or libel is really hard to make, and even harder when going against the media. If they came to me, I'd honestly tell them that in my humble opinion, it would be best to take the high road and move on with their lives. At most, issue a press release that was carefully worded to express the sentiment that they felt, without seeming petty about it. Words like "vindication", "relief" etc. come to mind right away.

A slander of libel case means years of going through everything all over again, etc. Maybe you could do a quick hit against some papers for a few bucks, but I'd need to see the actual language used by them before I could assess that.

Aries Walker
08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
He is a creepy, creepy dude.

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 07:44 AM
The journalists might not even be the most disgusting of those invloved. The law enforcement involved are the most culpable IMO.

I don't know what they did or didn't say on camera, much less by anonymous phone calls to the media, if any, but at least they had a duty to investigate the matter, and to consider everyone a suspect.

Let's face it, the kid was found dead in the parents' home, in their basement. Who would you think the prime suspects might be?

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Hard to believe the case opened again after all this time.

For clarity, I'm only ridiculing the people who have stated, on this thread, that they STILL think the parents must have been involved, etc.

What people thought before today, in a passive "I don't know but from what I read" kind of way, is different from "hey we caught this guy and he confessed" and still refusing to give up what has now pretty clearly become a misguided opinion based on sensationalist journalism.

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
He is a creepy, creepy dude.

What he did is creepy, no question. If you passed him on the street last week, or chatted with him at the supermarket, I'm sure you wouldn't think he was creepy. He was a 2nd grade teacher. Someone who wasn't stupid (hopefully) hired him, and presumably didn't think he was creepy at the time.

The one thing everyone said of Ted Bundy was that he was very normal, reasonably good-looking guy who was not socially inept or anything.

Monsters come in many disguises...

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 07:50 AM
kinda funny that they found him in Tailand, seeing how people go there to have sex with kids.

Yep. No way is that a coincidence. You know that he's probably had half the children in Bangkok.

So it appears that this guy is your average run of the mill child rapist and killer carrying candy. Not quite what I would've thought.

One part I don't understand, though. In this interview, he says:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/?GT1=8404

He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

“He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional,” Suwat said. He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement.

I thought they had all gone to bed and woke up the next morning to find her missing. What am I misunderstanding?

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 07:50 AM

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060817/capt.bk10708170749.thailand_jonbenet_ramsey_bk107.jpg?x=228&y=345&sig=AYNYr4KXpkj99r47EezAoQ--

If there was picture of a pedophile in the dictionary his picture would be perfect for it.

chagrin
08-17-2006, 07:53 AM
What he did is creepy, no question. If you passed him on the street last week, or chatted with him at the supermarket, I'm sure you wouldn't think he was creepy. He was a 2nd grade teacher.

I would totally think that guy is creepy if I passed him on the street. Little skinny guys that dress like that, definitely creepy. Of course, I play the one minute judge all the time.

chagrin
08-17-2006, 07:55 AM
I thought they had all gone to bed and woke up the next morning to find her missing. What am I misunderstanding?

Excellent observation

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Yep. No way is that a coincidence. You know that he's probably had half the children in Bangkok.

So it appears that this guy is your average run of the mill child rapist and killer carrying candy. Not quite what I would've thought.

One part I don't understand, though. In this interview, he says:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/?GT1=8404

"John Ramsey discovered his daughter's body after the girl had been reported missing earlier that morning and Patsy Ramsey said she found a ransom letter demanding $118,000 on a staircase in the home."

From the CNN story I quoted. They found her missing, called it into the police, found the ransom note, and then, later, found her body in the basement, I guess is how it went down.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Excellent observation

I'm wondering if he could've been a teacher at her school? Or maybe he was in the employ of the Ramsey household.

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 08:07 AM
I would totally think that guy is creepy if I passed him on the street. Little skinny guys that dress like that, definitely creepy. Of course, I play the one minute judge all the time.

Your "creep-dar" must be pretty finely tuned. Skinny guys that wear business casual clothes are creepy?

BigChiefFan
08-17-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm wondering if he could've been a teacher at her school? Or maybe he was in the employ of the Ramsey household.The Ramsey's and this Karr sicko both lived in Georgia. It's believed that's where Karr first saw her. She was only 6 years old when she died, so I'm not sure she went to school in Georgia.

Valiant
08-17-2006, 08:12 AM

looks like my former store manager...

Brock
08-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Your "creep-dar" must be pretty finely tuned. Skinny guys that wear business casual clothes are creepy?

Dude, he's got a very creepy look. I'm not saying any particular criminal looks a certain way, but I wouldn't let that guy pet my dog.

Valiant
08-17-2006, 08:15 AM

Thats business casual??? Anybody that wears their pants that far up there chest is just wierd...

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 08:15 AM

I think it's because he's not wearing a belt. No normal man leaves the house without wearing a belt.

Oh...or maybe that's an anti-suicide thing if he's in custody.

BigChiefFan
08-17-2006, 08:16 AM
I agree-he's got that silence of the lambs vibe.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Dude, he's got a very creepy look. I'm not saying any particular criminal looks a certain way, but I wouldn't let that guy pet my dog.

Yep and I agree with Valiant. I definitely would think this guy was some kind of freak or at least homosexual if I passed him on the street.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 08:19 AM
I think he's got a young Christopher Walken look. I bet Walken plays him in the movie.

chagrin
08-17-2006, 08:25 AM

It is, I have always believed in being painfully aware of my surroundings, it comes from years of paranoia when I was a drug addict.

And not just skinny dudes, but anorexic looking skinny dudes with eyes like that (they have no soul in them) and the buttons all the way up routine, with the pants that high up, absolutely creepy.

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
I'll end the debate with this: I remember a year or two ago I was surfing and found (or maybe someone from here linked to?) a website where you needed to guess the killer or guess the creep or whatever. 2 pictures -- one was invariably some kind of crazed baby-eating monster, and the other was a NASA scientist, Harvard professor or whatever.

Let's just say I didn't do too well on that test, and I doubt many here would do much better.

Jmart
08-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Very poor wording used by the family lawyer:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_re_as/thailand_jonbenet_ramsey

"It's been a very long 10 years, and I'm just sorry Patsy isn't here for me to hug her neck," said Lin Wood, the family's longtime attorney.

Brock
08-17-2006, 08:36 AM
But the suspect's ex-wife said she was with him in Alabama at the time of JonBenet's 1996 death. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_re_as/jonbenet_ramsey_57)

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Here we go. Have fun all.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/killerquiz/

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Heh, I got 8 out of 10, although maybe it was because I did it before...

Maybe we all do have creep-childmurderer-dar. :)

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM

Hey I got 8/10. :p

My freak detector is very good. :)

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 08:41 AM

I pulled a 6 out of 10, but I bet that's not significant compared to guessing. I overthought on one and talked myself out of my initial gut feel, though. You should always go with your gut feel when trying to separate the programmers from the killers.

chagrin
08-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Heh, I got 8 out of 10, although maybe it was because I did it before...

Maybe we all do have creep-childmurderer-dar. :)

Heh, yeah you do. See I told you, it ain't that difficult to tell the freaks

chagrin
08-17-2006, 08:46 AM
I got 9 out of 10

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 08:51 AM

Is that code language?

;)

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I got 9 out of 10

It takes one to know one.

Okay, sorry. But I couldn't stop. The voices inside me made me do it.

Someone put up a "pedophile or non-pedophile" site just like Amnorix's a while back, too. I thought that was what he was referring to. I recall it mentioning that you could always tell them by their creepy "pedosmile", which I found kind of funny.

oldandslow
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
too small a sample...I got 7 out of 10, but then again, I had seen pictures of 2 of the killers before ...

Otter
08-17-2006, 08:54 AM
I could pick out a serial killer at an open source linux conference in seconds:

9 out of 10

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 08:55 AM
So why aren't you guys in law enforcement? :p

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Here's the pedosmile site.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=spot_the_pedo

Amnorix
08-17-2006, 09:04 AM
John Bolton and Whitey Bulger. Nice. Heh.

chagrin
08-17-2006, 09:11 AM
So why aren't you guys in law enforcement? :p

Well, the brain surgery thing prevented me from being accepted into the military, so I doubt they'd let me do any law enforcement

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
With this guy's ex-wife and brother claiming this whole thing is ridiculous -- that he was in Alabama the whole time of the Ramsey ordeal -- if this is true, and this guy is a nut case but innocent of this crime -- what does that say about the competency of federal law enforcement? So many people need to lose their jobs if this is a scam. Would you trust them hunting down terrorists if they fall for this bogus lead?

Donger
08-17-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't think this guy did it.

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I'll end the debate with this: I remember a year or two ago I was surfing and found (or maybe someone from here linked to?) a website where you needed to guess the killer or guess the creep or whatever. 2 pictures -- one was invariably some kind of crazed baby-eating monster, and the other was a NASA scientist, Harvard professor or whatever.

Let's just say I didn't do too well on that test, and I doubt many here would do much better.

My wife sent that to me a couple of weeks ago...I got a perfect score. I don't know why, it just seemed easy to tell which was which. Seriously, I never felt like I was just taking a random guess...I guess I can spot a freak.

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 09:46 AM

He apparently knew some details in his confession that were not public knowlege. It just seems far-fetched that 10 years later some weirdo (who the family knew) would confess to the murder using certain details like that.

The dude did it.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 09:58 AM
With this guy's ex-wife and brother claiming this whole thing is ridiculous -- that he was in Alabama the whole time of the Ramsey ordeal -- if this is true, and this guy is a nut case but innocent of this crime -- what does that say about the competency of federal law enforcement? So many people need to lose their jobs if this is a scam. Would you trust them hunting down terrorists if they fall for this bogus lead?Considering we don't know what info the government used to determine this guy was a viable suspect, I think it's a bit premature to start bitching about their lack of competence.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 10:01 AM
My wife sent that to me a couple of weeks ago...I got a perfect score. I don't know why, it just seemed easy to tell which was which. Seriously, I never felt like I was just taking a random guess...I guess I can spot a freak.

It takes one to kno - oh, wait, I already used that on chagrin.

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Considering we don't know what info the government used to determine this guy was a viable suspect, I think it's a bit premature to start bitching about their lack of competence.

This guy may have done it, but if not....it will be one of the biggest embarrassments ever for the FBI.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
but if not....it will be one of the biggest embarrassments ever for the FBI.Why? Because they brought in a guy that confessed to one of the most notorious crimes of the last decade? I'm sure the guy said enough to justify the FBI's response. I don't get how you think this could be some black eye or indictment of the ineptitude of the FBI.

If it's blown out of proportion, it's the fault of the media and people like us that are eating the story up with limited information.

chagrin
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM

Thank you

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 10:39 AM

ROFL Shoulds seen that one coming...nice pants you're wearing by the way...not that I'm watching you through the window or anything... :evil:

Lzen
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Here's the CNN story site:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/17/ramsey.arrest/index.html

He wasn't facing life in Thai prison, and decided to confess at that point, or anything:

"wo law enforcement sources told CNN that Karr was under investigation for an unrelated sex crime when information led to his arrest in the Ramsey case."

How the F**K could this be an accident? Give me a break.

"Autopsy results showed JonBenet had received a massive blow to the head and was strangled with a rope that the killer tightened by twisting an attached paint brush handle."

And everyone who thinks that the Ramseys didn't react the "right way" or whatever, and therefore remain under a cloud of suspicion in their own minds are completely clueless morons. You have NO IDEA what it's like to lose a child under these circumstances (neither do I, thank God) and be thrust under intense public scrutiny, and you have no fugging clue about anything in this case other than what you read in the paper and 30 second news soundbites. To act like you have any clue at all about what is going on is a complete joke.

:clap:

oldandslow
08-17-2006, 10:44 AM
IMO, they have DNA or they would not have arrested him.

CosmicPal
08-17-2006, 10:44 AM

I don't think so either.

But, then I'm not sure why someone would want the world to know you are a murderous pedophile as well?

His family is claiming that his story is bogus and that he's been in Alabama during the holidays and I would have to agree with that 'cause quite frankly- who the hell gets on a plane and flies half way across the country to have sex with, and then kill another girl the day after Christmas???

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Oh, and cosmic? I apologize for accusing you of it and posting my theories about it all over the web. You just looked so suspicious...

vailpass
08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
The Boulder DA's presser is going on right now on 620 am Phoenix. She can't give any details but stressed they would have liked to keep this investigation from going public until they can further verify this guy's story.
Without commenting on the particulars of this case she said the reason they made the arrest so soon was 1) public safety in case he is guilty and 2) fear of flight.
She also said they don't move in on suspects in cases of this magnitude without some solid investigation having already taken place.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 10:49 AM
From what I understand he told the police information that wasn't public knowledge and only the person who did it would know.

CosmicPal
08-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Oh, and cosmic? I apologize for accusing you of it and posting my theories about it all over the web. You just looked so suspicious...

Thanks a lot, butt head. Since I reside in Denver with the likes of you- the authorities will be busting down my door any minute now.

Just for that, I'm going to say you helped me in all of it and that it was your idea to begin with.

So there.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
The Boulder DA's presser is going on right now on 620 am Phoenix. She can't give any details but stressed they would have liked to keep this investigation from going public until they can further verify this guy's story.
Without commenting on the particulars of this case she said the reason they made the arrest so soon was 1) public safety in case he is guilty and 2) fear of flight.
She also said they don't move in on suspects in cases of this magnitude without some solid investigation having already taken place.

Fear of flight? The dude's in Thailand. Anywhere he goes would be closer than Thailand.

Ugly Duck
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Ok... my town is on the national map again because the creepazoid was a schoolteacher here in Petaluma. First there was the Polly Klass murder, and now this Jon Benet thing. Just wanna let you folks know that we are not all child-murderers here in Petaluma. Its just a fluky coincidence.... this is a nice town!

http://www.petaluma.com/images/main.jpg

Skip Towne
08-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Ok... my town is on the national map again because the creepazoid was a schoolteacher here in Petaluma. First there was the Polly Klass murder, and now this Jon Benet thing. Just wanna let you folks know that we are not all child-murderers here in Petaluma. Its just a fluky coincidence.... this is a nice town!

That's what they all say.

Pennywise
08-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Dude looks kinda like Lee Harvey Oswald.

CosmicPal
08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Dude looks kinda like Lee Harvey Oswald.

Weird...he does look like LHO

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Weird...he does look like LHO

Not me. I think he looks like David Bowie

http://froogle.google.com/base_image?size=2&q=music/image/0/0d1wLcsOrUO.jpg

memyselfI
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Not me. I think he looks like David Bowie

http://froogle.google.com/base_image?size=2&q=music/image/0/0d1wLcsOrUO.jpg

Nope, he and Bruce Payne could be separated at birth.

http://www.agwlbp.com/brit/images/brit15.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060817/capt.bk11608170844.thailand_jonbenet_ramsey_bk116.jpg?x=380&y=276&sig=IiSNFQPO9VBG6dAl8RdAjg--

chagrin
08-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Curse my metal body, I'm laughing at that!

Sully
08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think so either.

But, then I'm not sure why someone would want the world to know you are a murderous pedophile as well?

His family is claiming that his story is bogus and that he's been in Alabama during the holidays and I would have to agree with that 'cause quite frankly- who the hell gets on a plane and flies half way across the country to have sex with, and then kill another girl the day after Christmas???

Are you really trying to assign logic to a guy who has sex with and kills little girls? (allegedly?)

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM

Weird. If you magnify that picture 10 times, I swear you can see a guy with a rope hiding in the bushes next to that path.

Donger
08-17-2006, 11:46 AM

What's with the big bunny rabbit in between the two boats on the left?

jspchief
08-17-2006, 11:52 AM
What's with the big bunny rabbit in between the two boats on the left?The molesters use that to draw the kids in.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 11:54 AM
The molesters use that to draw the kids in.

The artist titled it, "Rabbit RapeBait".

Donger
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Creepy...

Psychic Dorothy Allison provided the Ramsey family with a sketch of the man she believed killed JonBenet. The sketch is shown next to suspect John Karr.

chief2000
08-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't think so either.

He was in Colorado.

He sent letters to the victims and Colorado university professor.

They have DNA match.

He did it.

Whats weird is how he got in the house and the Ramseys knew him.

jspchief
whoa

Rain Man
We should have Dorothy Allison take that "criminal or programmer" test. She seems to have high-functioning creep-dar.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Whats weird is how he got in the house and the Ramseys knew him.

Have either of these been explained yet? I'm also still puzzling over his statement that he picked her up from school.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Well this seals it

he told his father he had taken a job at a Catholic girls school in San Francisco.

While teaching at the school, John joined the Catholic Church

:)

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Well this seals it

:)

you wanker... :)

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Creepy...

Psychic Dorothy Allison provided the Ramsey family with a sketch of the man she believed killed JonBenet. The sketch is shown next to suspect John Karr.

Holy crap...that is frickin' spooky...

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Creepy...

She nailed the Merton Hanks-like giraffe neck.

vailpass
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
He was in Colorado. Has this been established by the authorities? His ex-wife and father testify he was with them in another state on the day of the murder.

He sent letters to the victims and Colorado university professor. This proves what?

They have DNA match. The last time they ran the DNA found on JonBenet it did not match with anyting in the FBI database. Have they run new tests against the curent suspect? If so, Where is this being reported?

He did it. Pure specualtion based on circumstancial evidence with no signed confession and noverification of the mental status accused and against direct testimony of the father and former spouse.

Whats weird is how he got in the house and the Ramseys knew him. What's weirder is the ransom note that was in handwriting so similar to Mrs. Ramsey that forensic experts could not conclude that is was NOT Mrs. Ramseys's handwriting.

/ devil's advocate

chief2000
08-17-2006, 12:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/jonbenet_ramsey

Ramseys knew Karr.

Why keep it a F%^% secret ?

Case should have been solved a long time ago. Colorado fu$% UPS.

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Creepy...

Why did the police hold this back, if this sketch was on the news they could have caught this guy a long time ago???

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 12:41 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/jonbenet_ramsey

Ramseys knew Karr.

Why keep it a F%^% secret ?

Case should have been solved a long time ago. Colorado fu$% UPS.

Where in that article does it say that Karr knew the Ramseys?

vailpass
08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Karr told investigators he drugged and had sex with the child beauty queen before accidentally killing her, said a senior Thai police officer, who was briefed about the interview.

An autopsy on Ramsey said a blood screening showed no drugs or alcohol in her body, which had a 1 centimeter area of vaginal abrasion. Searches initially showed that there was semen on JonBenet's body but further examinations conducted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation revealed there was none.

Hmmmm.......

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Karr told investigators he drugged and had sex with the child beauty queen before accidentally killing her, said a senior Thai police officer, who was briefed about the interview.

An autopsy on Ramsey said a blood screening showed no drugs or alcohol in her body, which had a 1 centimeter area of vaginal abrasion. Searches initially showed that there was semen on JonBenet's body but further examinations conducted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation revealed there was none.

Hmmmm.......

Yeah, when you combine that with the fact that this dude lived in Alabama -- I don't get it. Did he fly to Colorada with the intention of killing her? How on earth did he even know who she was?

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 01:04 PM
So, what are we saying here...he confessed for shits and giggles? From Thailand? 10 years later?

...okeydoke...

vailpass
08-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, when you combine that with the fact that this dude lived in Alabama -- I don't get it. Did he fly to Colorada with the intention of killing her? How on earth did he even know who she was?

Once the DA releases all of their evidence (at trial or elsewhere) we will know more.
My early opinion: this guy is mentally disturbed and has developed a fixation on JonBenet. He is confessing to her murder in an attempt to be associated with her even though he didn't kill her. This statement attributed to him alludes to that:

"He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional," Suwat said. "He said he loved this child, that he was in love with her. He said she was very pretty, a pageant queen. She was the school star, she was very cute and sweet."

Again, yet-to-be released evidence could prove my opinion completely wrong.

Still, the guy is a sick ****.

memyselfI
08-17-2006, 01:12 PM
So, what are we saying here...he confessed for shits and giggles? From Thailand? 10 years later?

...okeydoke...

Perhaps he was facing something in Thailand and was going to say or do anything to get extradited back to the US to take his chances here. I think he's setting himself up for a decent insanity defense with some of his statements.

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Perhaps he was facing something in Thailand and was going to say or do anything to get extradited back to the US to take his chances here. I think he's setting himself up for a decent insanity defense with some of his statements.

That's possible. Hell, anything is possible I suppose. But they do mention in the article that he knew things about the case that were never release to the public. If this is true, the dude is guilty. Freaky and guilty.

Gonzo
08-17-2006, 01:27 PM
That's possible. Hell, anything is possible I suppose. But they do mention in the article that he knew things about the case that were never release to the public. If this is true, the dude is guilty. Freaky and guilty.

I dunno...this all sounds a bit fishy to me. This guy does look like someone who would keep a gimp in his basement, but to come out and admit it after all these years. It kind of sounds to me that he may be an acomplice or know the facts from the case from the actual perpatrator.

vailpass
08-17-2006, 01:29 PM

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
I dunno...this all sounds a bit fishy to me. This guy does look like someone who would keep a gimp in his basement, but to come out and admit it after all these years. It kind of sounds to me that he may be an acomplice or know the facts from the case from the actual perpatrator.

*puts on conspiracy theory hat*

Patsy was the biggest suspect. She passed away from cancer in June of this year. 2 months later, this dude shows up. The Ramsey's have a lot of money, they've been bankrolling the dude for 10 years to keep him quiet. They were all in on it together. After Patsy dies, he contacts the husband and says either I get more money now or I ruin your wife's reputation...worse than it already is...cuz once people get a load of me they will definately look at her differently...I am a freaky bastard after all...The husband says to go pound salt, trying to call the freaks bluff...he loses...

...now, there are a ton of holes in that theory. I'm no good at conspiracy stuff...

...I'll go out on a limb and say, there is a better than average chance that he is guilty. We'll have to see when all the evidence is available...

Ugly Duck
08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
What's with the big bunny rabbit in between the two boats on the left?We only have a few child-murderers, but this town is absolutely infested with artists. They are everywhere, they breed like rats. The town is pockmarked with their "monuments to creativity." The artist hordes are only held in check by vigilante posses of townfolk that go out at night and burn easels on their lawns. If your town is short of artists, we'd be happy to cram some into a boxcar and ship them down your way....

BucEyedPea
08-17-2006, 10:33 PM

That was fun...I got 8 out of 10 correct
It said.

Pretty Good. You know your JavaBeans from your fava beans, your slashers from your slashdotters.

I think it has to do with the female gut instinct.
These were all male photos.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 12:43 AM
I am doing a 180.

This guy is NOT the killer. He got the info wrong on the killing including the lack of drugs in her system and no dna.

Patsey killed her. Accidental death/coverup.

http://crimemagazine.com/jonbenet.htm

chagrin
08-18-2006, 05:38 AM
...I am a freaky bastard after all...

ROFL

That's a nice small bit of comedy right there, he is a totally freaky bastard

Bwana
08-18-2006, 07:02 AM
It's hard to tell at this point if the guy is FOS. I think the DNA tests will provide a lot of answers.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
He's trying to get out of that country. He's going to serve life.

None of what he said makes sense.

Pat Ramsey is dead now. Case closed.

oldandslow
08-18-2006, 10:59 AM
According to cnn - He knows things about the murder scene that no one except the med examiner and investigator knows.

"John Mark Karr gave authorities graphic details about the condition of JonBenet Ramsey's body that have been kept secret from public for a decade, a law enforcement source told CNN on Friday. Those details were known only to the medical examiner and the investigators."

www.cnn.com

I dunno - I have swung both ways on this, but I am leaning to the "he could have done it side right now."

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:00 AM
I am doing a 180.

This guy is NOT the killer. He got the info wrong on the killing including the lack of drugs in her system and no dna.

Uh...yeah. She "accidentally" got a rope wrapped around her neck with a paint brush handle.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:10 AM
What are you talking about ? Nothing was accidental. It was actually sloppy coverup. Amazing that more don't focus on the mother.The letter is obviously her handwriting and her lingo. Looks like a girl wrote it. $118,000.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
According to cnn - He knows things about the murder scene that no one except the med examiner and investigator knows.

"John Mark Karr gave authorities graphic details about the condition of JonBenet Ramsey's body that have been kept secret from public for a decade, a law enforcement source told CNN on Friday. Those details were known only to the medical examiner and the investigators."

www.cnn.com

I dunno - I have swung both ways on this, but I am leaning to the "he could have done it side right now."

He got ALL the facts wrong.

Said he picked her up from school. WRONG.

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:13 AM
What are you talking about ? Nothing was accidental. It was actually sloppy coverup. Amazing that more don't focus on the mother.The letter is obviously her handwriting and her lingo. Looks like a girl wrote it. $118,000.

YOU said it was an accidental death. Now why don't you explain to me what's accidental about having a garote wrapped around her neck.

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 11:14 AM
My theory: he broke in, and was strangling her while having sex with her as some sort of autoerotic asphyxiation thing, with no intent to kill her. He wasn't paying attention and accidentally strangled her to death, and then in a panic smashed her skull and wrote the ransom note to try to cover up the sex aspect of it.

I'm not sure about the "drugged her" part, unless maybe that's one of the details that's been kept secret.

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 11:16 AM
He got ALL the facts wrong.

Said he picked her up from school. WRONG.

That one's still a mystery, unless somehow Patsy had hired him as a tutor or nanny or beauty pageant consultant. That might explain how he could have a key and knowledge about the house layout, too. The killer knew which room she lived in.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:18 AM
YOU said it was an accidental death. Now why don't you explain to me what's accidental about having a garote wrapped around her neck.

Why don't you read the link I posted.

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Why don't you read the link I posted.

Because that is a garbage website.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:20 AM
My theory: he broke in, and was strangling her while having sex with her as some sort of autoerotic asphyxiation thing, with no intent to kill her. He wasn't paying attention and accidentally strangled her to death, and then in a panic smashed her skull and wrote the ransom note to try to cover up the sex aspect of it.

I'm not sure about the "drugged her" part, unless maybe that's one of the details that's been kept secret.

There was no forced entry into the house.

There was no dna on Ramsey.

There was no rape.

There was no hit on the head with a flashlight.

Patsey Ramsey accidentally killer her daughter. End of story.

People never want to let it go.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Because that is a garbage website.

MR Rogers killed her ? LOL.

Dude wasn't even in Colorado.

memyselfI
08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
There was no forced entry into the house.

There was no rape.

There was no hit on the head with a flashlight.

People never want to let it go.

Or her brother did.

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:24 AM
MR Rogers killed her ? LOL.

Dude wasn't even in Colorado.

I don't know who killed her. What I am wondering is why anyone would go to the trouble of wrapping a rope around her neck if her death was an accident. If you can explain that, I'd appreciate it.

Dartgod
08-18-2006, 11:25 AM
What are you talking about ? Nothing was accidental.

How many people are living inside you, Sybil? And why don't you all agree with each other?

jynni
08-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I thought I read in one of the articles that there was no DNA on her body but that there was in her panties along with a pubic hair?

chagrin
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Or her brother did.

Is that the guy who was a vagabond type, traveled around and was a shady character? I was tyring to remember but I thought that was another son of Mr. Ramsey

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Is that the guy who was a vagabond type, traveled around and was a shady character? I was tyring to remember but I thought that was another son of Mr. Ramsey

Well, according to my friend who is a vagabond....

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't know who killed her. What I am wondering is why anyone would go to the trouble of wrapping a rope around her neck if her death was an accident. If you can explain that, I'd appreciate it.

Thats part of the coverup. You can't lay down a body without making it look like pedo strangled her. She died or went unconscious hitting her head in the bathroom and she then tied the knot in the basement. read the link.

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Or her brother did.

I long had the theory that it was the younger brother. Younger bro gets kinky with little girl, accidentally strangles her, and the parents spring to action so they only lose one child instead of two.

If one was a real conspiracy theorist, one could combine this with memyselfI's theory, and postulate that Mr. Karr was afraid he was about to go to a Thai prison, and needed a way to get out fast. He corresponded with a Ramsey representative who needed someone to close the JonBenet case, and voila! A deal was struck. That seems quite unrealistic, though, because I'd think there are a lot better ways to flee Thailand than to get yourself a life sentence for child rape and murder.

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Thats part of the coverup. You can't lay down a body without making it look like pedo strangled her. She died or went unconscious hitting her head in the bathroom and she then tied the knot in the basement. read the link.

Nothing you are saying makes any sense.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Karr got himself out of Thailand for a life sentence.

Win for him. Pulled the wool over everyone in this country.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Nothing you are saying makes any sense.

Brock
08-18-2006, 11:40 AM

Are you going to continue to post that link over and over again? Or do you have any thoughts of your own?

vailpass
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
www.denverpost.com

Despite confession, doubts arise in Ramsey case
Some of what John Mark Karr says doesn't match the case; Boulder DA Mary Lacy stresses "presumption of innocence"
By Kevin Simpson
Denver Post Staff Writer
DenverPost.com

Cracks in the confession of John Mark Karr, combined with the Boulder prosecutor's unusual caution, fueled skepticism Thursday about the apparent break in the JonBenét Ramsey murder case.

Karr, detained Wednesday in Thailand, made some questionable claims to reporters in Bangkok while admitting to the 6-year-old's December 1996 slaying - a crime he called an "accident" when a kidnapping scheme went bad.

But Lara Knutson, Karr's ex-wife, maintains that Karr was nowhere near Boulder the night JonBenét was murdered and is searching for personal photos or documents to prove it, she said through an attorney.

"She's got homework to do; she's going to go through old records, photographs, home movies - anything she has from that time period to show that (Karr) was with his family that Christmas," said Michael Rains, standing in front of the Petaluma, Calif., home Knutson shares with her three sons. "It's been 10 years, but you would think she'd remember if her husband wasn't around on Christmas."

Karr remained under detention in an immigration police jail in Thailand on Friday, according to an Associated Press report out of Bangkok, and he is waiting to be transferred to the U.S. to face charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and child sexual assault.

Meanwhile, Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy emphasized a presumption of innocence for Karr and, in language that seemed to discount his emergence as a suspect, explained that sometimes arrests are made before an investigation is complete.

"The primary reason is public safety," Lacy told a news conference outside the Boulder Justice Center. "A secondary reason is fear of flight. In short, exigent circumstances can drive the timing of an arrest."

Karr had begun work as a second-grade teacher at an international school in Bangkok on Tuesday. He'd been convicted on child pornography charges in California in 2003.

To longtime Denver defense attorney Larry Pozner, Lacy's words betrayed an obvious lack of confidence in the case against Karr in JonBenét death.

"I never heard a prosecutor give a speech about the presumption of innocence," Pozner said. "Come on, prosecutors brag about their case every day, and she looks up and says it would be irresponsible to talk about the facts. She isn't saying, 'I have a weak case.' She is saying, 'I may have no case."'

What Karr has said - and what he has declined to say - cast some doubt on his involvement in the nearly decade-old crime.

Karr reportedly said that he'd picked up JonBenét at school - even though the crime was committed on the day after Christmas, when school wasn't in session.

Thursday, a Thai official said that Karr said he drugged and sexually assaulted JonBenét before realizing he had killed her. But Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul of the Thai immigration police changed some details today of the account he had given of what Karr told investigators.

Today, Suwat confirmed to the AP his account of the sexual assault. But asked if Karr gave the girl drugs, Suwat said the suspect described the encounter with JonBenet Ramsey as "a blur."

"It may have been drugs, or it may have been something else because (Karr said) it was a blur, blur," Suwat said.

Suwat also said today that his statement about the girl being picked from school was based on a documentary he had seen and not the interrogation.

But an autopsy found no trace of drugs in JonBenét's system, and evidence of sexual assault was inconclusive.

Karr described the killing as an accident, even though JonBenét had been beaten and strangled with a garrotte.

Asked how he gained entry to the Ramseys' home in Boulder, he wouldn't comment. Asked what happened to JonBenét, he sidestepped the question.

"It would take several hours to describe that," he told The Associated Press in Bangkok. "It's a very involved series of events that would involve a lot of time. It's very painful for me to talk about it."

Karr also said: "It's very important for me that everyone knows that I love her very much, that her death was unintentional, that it was an accident."

Lacy declined to discuss evidence in the case on Thursday. Ultimately, DNA evidence could prove a vital link or the key to eliminating him as suspect. Authorities took a DNA sample from him in Bangkok and will take another sample when he returns to the U.S., Thai police told The Associated Press.

So far, Karr's only publicly known link to the Dec. 26, 1996, crime remains his confession.

Knutson told San Francisco television station KGO-TV on Wednesday that Karr was with her in Alabama during the 1996 holiday season. Records also show that Karr was enrolled in an Alabama community college at the time.

"There's reason to take this confession not just with a grain of salt, but with the whole container," said criminal justice professor James Alan Fox of Northeastern University in Boston. "Certainly it would be far too quick to say the case is closed."

Former Georgia Bureau of Investigation special agent John Lang, who often assisted Boulder police in their investigation, said he never heard Karr's name mentioned and also urged caution when assessing his confession.

"Everything in this case was leaked from the get-go," he said, adding that investigators should be wary of a Ramsey fanatic fabricating a rather detailed confession. "So many people are infatuated with this case."

But John San Augustin, a private investigator hired by the Ramseys to look into the murder, speculated that significant evidence probably supports a judge's signature on an arrest warrant.

"They have the probable cause to make an arrest," San Augustin said. "It is more than just the confession."
The case file and arrest affidavit are sealed.

Lacy would not put a timeline on Karr's return to the United States. But officials in both the U.S. and abroad indicated that it's unclear what legal authority could compel Karr to leave Thailand, and whether he would be deported or extradited.

Removing Karr from Thailand is "not a done deal now," said Verasak Premaree, first secretary at Thailand's embassy in Washington, D.C.

University of Colorado journalism professor Michael Tracey, whose e-mail exchanges with Karr led to law enforcement's interest in the 41-year- old teacher, repeated his long- held belief that JonBenét's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, had nothing to do with her slaying.

But in an impromptu interview session after Lacy's news conference, he declined to comment on Karr or the content of his e-mails and said exoneration for the Ramseys didn't lie with any particular suspect.

"The exoneration will be when the killer is found, whoever he is," Tracey said. "I do not believe John and Patsy Ramsey had anything to do with killing JonBenét. I don't believe the evidence supports it. I believe the evidence supports the opposite. I believe an intruder killed JonBenét - whoever it was."

Lou Smit, a special investigator hired early in the case by then-Boulder DA Alex Hunter, would not comment on recent developments except to say that "the killer lies at the end of the intruder path."

Meanwhile, more details about Karr's recent stay in Thailand emerged.

In May, he got a job at Bangkok Christian College, an elite, 5,000-student grade school and high school for boys, according to a teacher at the school who requested anonymity for fear of being fired.

"This is the power base of wealthy families," said the teacher. "The sons of government ministers attend the school. They really protect their image."

Karr previously taught a class for 6- and 7-year-old boys but was fired about a month into his three-month trial period, the teacher said, because he would yell at kids and was extremely strict with them.

"He just reminded me of another kooky teacher who was out of place," the teacher said. "He didn't smile. He wasn't friendly. He kept to himself."

Karr had a checkered marital history, records show.

In 1984, he married Quientana Shotts when she was 13 and he was 19. In Shotts' subsequent annulment proceedings a year later, she claimed to be "fearful for her life and safety."

In 1989, Karr got his then-16- year-old girlfriend, Lara Knutson, pregnant so they could marry legally in Georgia, according to divorce papers filed by Knutson in 2001, after Karr had been jailed for possession of child pornography.

She wrote that her husband was demanding, cut her off from family and friends and blamed her for a miscarriage. She asked for a restraining order to protect her and the couple's three sons.

Knutson also claimed in the petition that her husband had been told by one school where he worked in either 1997 or '98 that he couldn't substitute teach any more because of a "tendency to be too affectionate with the children."

She said she thought nothing of the remark until she became aware of the child pornography charges. The court granted her a restraining order and awarded Karr no visitation with his children.

Although Knutson could well provide an alibi for Karr in the JonBenét murder, she willingly assisted authorities' investigation in his child pornography case.

"She has no vested interest in the Ramsey case," Rains said. "She wants to be a good witness for authorities to resolve the case."

A résumé he posted on the Internet casts Karr as a world-traveling teacher and caregiver to children, although several of his claims couldn't be confirmed.

He listed teaching jobs in Honduras, Costa Rica, South Korea and the Netherlands.

In one entry, he wrote about caring for three children in Germany: "At day's end, I made sure the children had their evening bath, then put them to bed and read to them before they went to sleep."

FringeNC
08-18-2006, 11:58 AM
In 1984, he married Quientana Shotts when she was 13 and he was 19. In Shotts' subsequent annulment proceedings a year later, she claimed to be "fearful for her life and safety."

In 1989, Karr got his then-16- year-old girlfriend, Lara Knutson, pregnant so they could marry legally in Georgia, according to divorce papers filed by Knutson in 2001, after Karr had been jailed for possession of child pornography.

WTF? Who are these families (on both sides) that allow this to happen?

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Thursday, a Thai official said that Karr said he drugged and sexually assaulted JonBenét before realizing he had killed her. But Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul of the Thai immigration police changed some details today of the account he had given of what Karr told investigators.

Today, Suwat confirmed to the AP his account of the sexual assault. But asked if Karr gave the girl drugs, Suwat said the suspect described the encounter with JonBenet Ramsey as "a blur."

"It may have been drugs, or it may have been something else because (Karr said) it was a blur, blur," Suwat said.

Suwat also said today that his statement about the girl being picked from school was based on a documentary he had seen and not the interrogation.

Get yourself some interrogation training, mister.

Karr had a checkered marital history, records show.

She wrote that her husband was demanding, cut her off from family and friends and blamed her for a miscarriage. She asked for a restraining order to protect her and the couple's three sons.

Knutson also claimed in the petition that her husband had been told by one school where he worked in either 1997 or '98 that he couldn't substitute teach any more because of a "tendency to be too affectionate with the children."

I'm no detective, but I'm seeing a pattern here.

oldandslow
08-18-2006, 12:04 PM
WTF? Who are these families (on both sides) that allow this to happen?

my thoughts exactly...

vailpass
08-18-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm no detective, but I'm seeing a pattern here.

I can't tell which way this thing is going, its frigging bizarre.

What pattern do you see, other than this guy is a nutjob who likes 'em young?

InChiefsHell
08-18-2006, 12:55 PM
I long had the theory that it was the younger brother. Younger bro gets kinky with little girl, accidentally strangles her, and the parents spring to action so they only lose one child instead of two.

If one was a real conspiracy theorist, one could combine this with memyselfI's theory, and postulate that Mr. Karr was afraid he was about to go to a Thai prison, and needed a way to get out fast. He corresponded with a Ramsey representative who needed someone to close the JonBenet case, and voila! A deal was struck. That seems quite unrealistic, though, because I'd think there are a lot better ways to flee Thailand than to get yourself a life sentence for child rape and murder.

Especially since the reason given for his arrest was that he might have fled...if he could flee, he wasn't stuck in Thailand...

KChiefs1
08-18-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't think this nutjob murdered Jon-Benet.

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 04:16 PM
What pattern do you see, other than this guy is a nutjob who likes 'em young?

That's the pattern. You've decoded it too?

ChiefaRoo
08-18-2006, 06:17 PM
*puts on conspiracy theory hat*

Patsy was the biggest suspect. She passed away from cancer in June of this year. 2 months later, this dude shows up. The Ramsey's have a lot of money, they've been bankrolling the dude for 10 years to keep him quiet. They were all in on it together. After Patsy dies, he contacts the husband and says either I get more money now or I ruin your wife's reputation...worse than it already is...cuz once people get a load of me they will definately look at her differently...I am a freaky bastard after all...The husband says to go pound salt, trying to call the freaks bluff...he loses...

...now, there are a ton of holes in that theory. I'm no good at conspiracy stuff...

...I'll go out on a limb and say, there is a better than average chance that he is guilty. We'll have to see when all the evidence is available...

What good is money if your in jail for the rest of your life?

InChiefsHell
08-21-2006, 08:18 AM
What good is money if your in jail for the rest of your life?

Like I said, plenty of holes...but it sure smells like more than just some nutjob claiming a murder for the fun of it...I can't wait till this on shakes out...

vailpass
08-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Apparently this guy is an even bigger nut job than I thought. He wants to have his junk cut off. How can someone this insane be believed?

Article Last Updated: 8/21/2006 08:03 AM

Physician tells of Karr's sex-change plan

By Jeremy P. Meyer
Denver Post Staff Writer
DenverPost.com

Bangkok, Thailand - A doctor told The Denver Post today he was treating John Mark Karr with hair removal in advance of sex-change surgery.

Dr. Setthakarn Attakonpan of Siam Swan Cosmetic Clinic in Bangkok said the suspect in the JonBenét Ramsey murder case first came to him March 9 for hair removal on his face, neck and cheeks.

"The reason he wanted to do hair removal was because he wanted to do a sex change," Attakonpan told The Post. "He told me he was in the process of medical treatment for cutting off his testicles."

Karr completed four treatments at the clinic, the last on July 24, medical records at the clinic show.

"He was concerned most about his sideburns," Attakonpan recalled.

The latest revelations come as another doctor in Bangkok fielded similar questions from news media amid reports he was also working with Karr on a sex- change operation.

Dr. Thep Vechavisit, who performs sex-change surgery for $1,625, told The Post he doesn't remember Karr and wouldn't say whether he was a patient.

Vechavisit, whose storefront Pratunam Polyclinic sits in the middle of the Thai capital's garment district, said he had read the news reports that Karr was one of his patients and was seeking a sex change, but Vechavisit denied he told reporters that.

The Associated Press on Sunday reported that Vechavisit said Karr had a consultation at the clinic. An unnamed clinic staffer reportedly told the news service that Karr had talked with the doctor about sex-change surgery.

"Even if I found his record, I cannot tell you," Vechavisit said of Karr, citing doctor-patient confidentiality. "You will have to ask Mr. Karr."

The clinic this morning bustled with patients. One man sat in the waiting area before a sex-change operation scheduled later in the day. Vechavisit said he does several such surgeries a month.

Vechavisit showed a newspaper advertisement that ran in an English-language paper that listed prices in U.S. dollars for his services. Breast-enlargement surgery was $1,125; liposuction was $625; a tummy tuck, $1,250; and the removal of testicles, $125.

Vechavisit said he wouldn't remember Karr because he sees hundreds of patients, but he said he has seen Karr's photo recently in the newspapers and that the murder suspect didn't look as if he were seeking to change his gender.

The doctor then pointed to the man in the waiting room and noted his long hair and feminine appearance.

Vechavisit said if he were working with Karr on a sex change, he would have prescribed drugs to him, and they should have been found.

Lt. Gen. Suwat Turongsiskul, head of Thailand's immigration police, said today that only a computer and clothes were found in Karr's room when authorities searched it last week. No drugs were found.

Vechavisit said he couldn't help that news organizations were running the story that Karr was seeking a sex-change operation.

"You can't stop people from guessing," he said. "They are also guessing about whether he is a killer or not."

Staff writer Jeremy Meyer can be reached at 303-820-1175 or jmeyer@denverpost.com.

Ugly Duck
08-21-2006, 09:23 PM
OK.... here's the inside scoop from the neighbors of the nutjob's ex (he's actually got some relatively well-adjusted kids in spite of his JackoFreakiness). His ex-wife is an OK kinda gal, no reason not to believe her. She sez the guy is a real freak, a real danger, should be locked away forever. But in spite of her feelings about his nature, is adamant that he was not with jon Benet when she was killed. This family has been put in a hella spot with all this creepiness. Still, they say he was with them when the horrendous deed came down. And thats the report from Petaluma.

Logical
08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I maybe perceived as heartless but at this point I really am tired about hearing about this story. I hope whoever is guilty is punished and I never have to hear about the story again.

Cochise
08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
OK.... here's the inside scoop from the neighbors of the nutjob's ex (he's actually got some relatively well-adjusted kids in spite of his JackoFreakiness). His ex-wife is an OK kinda gal, no reason not to believe her. She sez the guy is a real freak, a real danger, should be locked away forever. But in spite of her feelings about his nature, is adamant that he was not with jon Benet when she was killed. This family has been put in a hella spot with all this creepiness. Still, they say he was with them when the horrendous deed came down. And thats the report from Petaluma.

Interesting. It seems unlikely that it was him since his ex-wife has an alibi for him.

Rain Man
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Vechavisit showed a newspaper advertisement that ran in an English-language paper that listed prices in U.S. dollars for his services. Breast-enlargement surgery was $1,125; liposuction was $625; a tummy tuck, $1,250; and the removal of testicles, $125.

You gotta admit, that's a great price for testicle removal.

Cochise
08-21-2006, 09:40 PM

I can get him a better deal.

Ugly Duck
08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Interesting. It seems unlikely that it was him since his ex-wife has an alibi for him.I just talked to her neighbors about an hour ago, and they are totally convinced that he is lying about being there.

Ugly Duck
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I maybe perceived as heartless but at this point I really am tired about hearing about this story.
So? You were already perceived as heartless.......

(insert smily thingie)

Rain Man
08-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I just talked to her neighbors about an hour ago, and they are totally convinced that he is lying about being there.

Wow. Thanks for the inside scoop. You're like our version of Geraldo, expect that you actually have credibility.

BucEyedPea
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM

You gotta admit, all his prices are great!

TinyEvel
08-22-2006, 01:49 AM
That guy looks like a molester

DenverChief
08-22-2006, 06:29 AM
I maybe perceived as heartless but at this point I really am tired about hearing about this story. I hope whoever is guilty is punished and I never have to hear about the story again.

My fascination with this story is more geared toward the Boulder Police Departments piss poor investigative techniques that started the day of the murder and apparently has followed this case straight through to 10 years later....someone *cough* Beckner *cough* should gracefully bow out and hand the investigation over to the Boulder County Sheriffs Office or the CBI...its almost like watching the Keystone cops conduct an investigation

developments include:

* Boulder investigator escorting Karr from Thailand had to leave on a "family emergency" from LA, thus leaving Karr in the custody of the Los Angels County Sheriffs Office thus requiring and extradition hearing.

* No investigation into confession and there are people coming forward saying that it couldn't have been him because he was in Atlanta at the time of the Murder

* DNA was taken in Thailand but apparently not analyzed before extradition

:banghead:

Bob Dole
08-22-2006, 06:33 AM

And setting up shop in the middle of the garment district assures one of quality stitching.

Dartgod
08-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Wow. Thanks for the inside scoop. You're like our version of Geraldo, expect that you actually have credibility.
Don't go overboard. He is a Raider fan, after all.

Rain Man
08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
You gotta admit, all his prices are great!

Agreed. I might go get some liposuction over there. But you can be darn sure that I'm going to wear a cup and write "keep these" in magic marker on my genitalia.

FringeNC
08-22-2006, 08:39 AM

Isn't Petaluma a very upscale town? How did Karr buy a house there?

BucEyedPea
08-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Make sure they take no fat outta your intelligent brain too.
Can't have that RM. So mark it. Never know these days.

The brain is supposed to mostly be fat.

Ugly Duck
08-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Isn't Petaluma a very upscale town? How did Karr buy a house there?Nah.... median home value is only around 650. Back when the Karr family moved in you cudda bought a home for 400.

chief2000
08-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Jonbennet's mother accidentally killed her.

Karr is an attention seeking psycho.

OldTownChief
08-23-2006, 05:29 AM
If there is no DNA match there is no way freakboy is convicted.

oaklandhater
08-23-2006, 05:30 AM
If there is no DNA match there is no way freakboy is convicted.

How much you wanan bet there is no DNA match.

OldTownChief
08-23-2006, 05:34 AM
How much you wanan bet there is no DNA match.

Nothing, In fact now I'd be damn surprised if there is.

OldTownChief
08-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Jonbennet's mother accidentally killed her.

Karr is an attention seeking psycho.

She accidentally strangled her and bashed her head in?