View Full Version : looking for best explanation

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
for tonight's Chiefs performance
just needs to sound good
ringing true optional

noa
08-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Its preseason. Our first string offense was on the field for two possessions. We had bad luck on penalties.
Most importantly...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!
We won't know anything about the character of this team until they play a game that actually matters. I don't care what anyone says about the preseason meaning anything, it doesn't and the players know that and it is reflected in their performance.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
two words
van illa

Logical
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
we suck the big left one
we suck the right one
ah we just suk

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
it's all a smoke screen

noa
08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Okay, lets look at it this way. Oakland has two preseason wins while the Chiefs and the Broncos don't have any. Do we think that this is at all indicative of how the regular season will play out? Not at all. We just haven't seen enough of the first team offense and defense to predict the doom that is being predicted on this site.

1adam1238
08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Royally Suck............maybe we should play baseball.

Psyko Tek
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
we wanna look baaad
even told hicks to play the worst he could

the real 2006 KC Chiefs are practicing at a disclosed area

biggest cover up since area 51

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
the Wisconsin women
screwed them to exhaustion

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Our only goal tonight was to showcase Kris Wilson.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Jet fans keep them up all night
at the Hotel

Otter
08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Unless Herm told everyone except the punter to "go out there and look like shit" it's not meaningless.

It's a rehersal for the real deal. Like it or not a rehersal IS and indication of where a group stands in terms of the play.

Why even go through them if they are "meaningless"?

grandllama
08-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Herm. Mike. Gunther. Carl.

grandllama
08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Unless Herm told everyone except the punter to "go out there and look like shit" it's not meaningless.

It's a rehersal for the real deal. Like it or not a rehersal IS and indication of where a group stands in terms of the play.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Todd Collins was the King
of pre-season

noa
08-17-2006, 09:48 PM

They go through them because the owners want to make as much money as possible. If it were up to the players and coaches, there would be one, maybe two preseason games. I'll tell you why this game was meaningless: probably 70-80% of what you watched tonight involved players who will see no action or very limited action during the regular season. You didn't see much of what the Chiefs will be this year, so its difficult to extrapolate what kind of team this will be based on watching tonight's performance.

Otter
08-17-2006, 09:51 PM
You didn't see much of what the Chiefs will be this year, so its difficult to extrapolate what kind of team this will be based on watching tonight's performance.

I agree it's difficult to forcast how the team is going to perform from any pre-season game. But please don't try to tell me that it's absolutly meaningless.

That's a bunch or horse shit.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Strahan keep giving the oline
eth eye

noa
08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I agree it's difficult to forcast how the team is going to perform from any pre-season game. But please don't try to tell me that it's absolutly meaningless.

The only meaning in the game has to do with final evaluations as to who will make the team and who won't. When I say its meaningless, I am referring to the fact that it doesn't matter if we win or lose (which obviously indicates that it is the complete opposite of a regular season game) and it doesn't matter what our statistics our because our statistics are compiled by a bunch of 2nd stringers and people who won't even make the roster.

blueballs
they flew back from Houston
had a short week
and flew to NY

rocks
the Wisconsin women
screwed them to exhaustion

Have you seen the chics in River Falls? 2 words: Cheese Curds!

noa
08-17-2006, 09:55 PM

The only meaning in the game has to do with final evaluations as to who will make the team and who won't. When I say its meaningless, I am referring to the fact that it doesn't matter if we win or lose (which obviously indicates that it is the complete opposite of a regular season game) and it doesn't matter what our statistics are because our statistics are compiled by a bunch of 2nd stringers and people who won't even make the roster.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:55 PM
they never win against the Giants
at the Meadowlands

blueballs
08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Have you seen the chics in River Falls? 2 words: Cheese Curds!

they misunderstood when asked
if they wanted to try cowgirl

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Our OT's suck cock.

We have mediocre WR's

The play calling was about as innovative as the candle.

Our players looked slow on Offense (looked like we were in slow motion)

Our 2nd & 3rd team offense look like a bunch of retards (seriously)

We had a very ineffective pass rush with the first team (Come on down, Mr. Hali)

Our pass coverage was for shit (very fn soft)

The running Defense was a gd joke

Nothing on ST's except the Punting game excites me, and

We're looking dead on at a 7-9 season.

Holy shi t I need some fn ADVIL

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I am hoping that the players/coaching staff are just not taking these games seriously and aren't putting forth their best effort. And I also hope that when the games count, their effort level is A LOT higher.

Shoot, we've been watching some of these players for the last several years and know they are capable of better play.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Gun is still getting revenge for hearing
about being fired over the internet

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
havng confidence
is overrated

noa
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Our OT's suck cock.

We have mediocre WR's

The play calling was about as innovative as the candle.

Our players looked slow on Offense (looked like we were in slow motion)

Our 2nd & 3rd team offense look like a bunch of retards (seriously)

We had a very ineffective pass rush with the first team (Come on down, Mr. Hali)

Our pass coverage was for shit (very fn soft)

The running Defense was a gd joke

Nothing on ST's except the Punting game excites me, and

We're looking dead on at a 7-9 season.

Holy shi t I need some fn ADVIL

If this was the analysis after our first REGULAR SEASON GAME, then I would worry.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:07 PM
the defense is having to learn
get another scheme

Otter
08-17-2006, 10:08 PM
The only meaning in the game has to do with final evaluations as to who will make the team and who won't. When I say its meaningless, I am referring to the fact that it doesn't matter if we win or lose (which obviously indicates that it is the complete opposite of a regular season game) and it doesn't matter what our statistics our because our statistics are compiled by a bunch of 2nd stringers and people who won't even make the roster.

So their performance gives no indication of future performance, future performance being regular season?

Such as it doesn't matter, or it's meaningless.

Gotcha.

Remind me never to get on a bomb defusal team with you.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Scanlon is planning
a coo

noa
08-17-2006, 10:10 PM
So their performance gives no indication of future performance, future performance being regular season?

Such as it doesn't matter, or it's meaningless.

Gotcha.

Remind me never to get on a bomb defusal team with you.

Can you explain to me why this game mattered for anythig more than personell evaluation? How can you possibly think it indicated anything about the regular season when our first string offense was in there for TWO POSSESSSIONS?!

Mecca
08-17-2006, 10:10 PM
What we saw tonight with the starters will be what we see anytime we play a team with a good pass rush. Good ends are going to clown our OT's over and over again.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Roaf knows a good
voodoo woman

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Vermiels Geratol is no longer
there for spiking the koolade

noa
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
What we saw tonight with the starters will be what we see anytime we play a team with a good pass rush. Good ends are going to clown our OT's over and over again.

That is not true. We saw two possessions with our starters. That tells us nothing about what an entire game will be like with those guys. Plent of teams have worse OTs than us and manage to get by.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 10:15 PM
the stadium improvements
unleashed radon

Otter
08-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Can you explain to me why this game mattered for anythig more than personell evaluation? How can you possibly think it indicated anything about the regular season when our first string offense was in there for TWO POSSESSSIONS?!

You're right, the people playing on the field tonight, fighting for their jobs that looked like shit two games in a row, backing up the starters, are either going to magiclly become all-pro come regular season or the team will go injury free all season.

The Chiefs are lucky like that.

There was absolutly no indication what so ever of what to expect from them in this game or the last for the upcoming season. Herm told them to go out there and look like shit, it's a meaningless game.

Meaningless.

Player evaluation, the guys that are going to be on the team come regular season has no berance of the regular season.

noa
08-17-2006, 10:30 PM
You're right, the people playing on the field tonight, fighting for their jobs that looked like shit two games in a row, backing up the starters, are either going to magiclly become all-pro come regular season or the team will go injury free all season.

The Chiefs are lucky like that.

There was absolutly no indication what so ever of what to expect from them in this game or the last for the upcoming season. Herm told them to go out there and look like shit, it's a meaningless game.

Meaningless.

Player evaluation, the guys that are going to be on the team come regular season has no berance of the regular season.

Lets look at it this way: How many games this season will be determined by Huard? How about Printers? How about Dee Brown? How about Jeff Webb? How about Chris Bober?
Our backups might come into the game, but hopefully they will only be included in a very limited amount of sets. If our season comes down to our backups, then yes, I agree with you.....WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 10:30 PM
That is not true. We saw two possessions with our starters. That tells us nothing about what an entire game will be like with those guys. Plent of teams have worse OTs than us and manage to get by.

ROFL

Worse than the Chiefs? Like who?

Our interior is rock solid but we collapse like a folding tent on the outside. We're going to be in a shitpot full of trouble in 3rd down situations. Not to mention, once Trent Green goes down because a rush Dend caves in on one of our "adequate" OT's, you'll really get a good idea of what suck tastes like (life without Green at QB).

InChiefsHell
08-17-2006, 10:32 PM
It seems to me that we always start out slow, regular season too. It always takes a little while for the O to get its rythym. 2 series is not enough to evaluate, but you just hate to see your team bitch slapped all over the field on a national stage. Defensively, I thought we looked better last week, bootlegs not withstanding.

Well, it was a short week, they traveled alot and they play better at home. I just wanted to see them put up a credible effort, and they didn't. Herm was blaming everyone, starting with the coaches. Shades of DV. I hope they get the kinks worked out before 9-10. We still have some time, but alot needs to improve IMO. The Giants just looked like they wanted it more. Pre season or not, I want them to play like they give a shit. It sure didn't look like it tonight.

Katie
08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I guess the thing that bothers me is...if we are playing vanilla on both sides of the ball, weren't the Giants doing the same thing?

No matter what string of players was in the game, we looked downright bad...

Otter
08-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Lets look at it this way: How many games this season will be determined by Huard? How about Printers? How about Dee Brown? How about Jeff Webb? How about Chris Bober?
Our backups might come into the game, but hopefully they will only be included in a very limited amount of sets. If our season comes down to our backups, then yes, I agree with you.....WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

Hehe, hey man, I'm just saying that it's not meaningless. That's my only point.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 10:34 PM

Umenyiora was beating Turley like a drum......not many teams have DE's like the Giants but anytime we face a team with a pass rush like that we're gonna get owned. Luckily I don't think we face to many great pass rush teams this year.

noa
I guess the thing that bothers me is...if we are playing vanilla on both sides of the ball, weren't the Giants doing the same thing?

No matter what string of players was in the game, we looked downright bad...

I don't think they were playing vanilla. They ran a reverse on their first offensive play.

ChiTown
It seems to me that we always start out slow, regular season too. It always takes a little while for the O to get its rythym. 2 series is not enough to evaluate, but you just hate to see your team bitch slapped all over the field on a national stage. Defensively, I thought we looked better last week, bootlegs not withstanding.

Well, it was a short week, they traveled alot and they play better at home. I just wanted to see them put up a credible effort, and they didn't. Herm was blaming everyone, starting with the coaches. Shades of DV. I hope they get the kinks worked out before 9-10. We still have some time, but alot needs to improve IMO. The Giants just looked like they wanted it more. Pre season or not, I want them to play like they give a shit. It sure didn't look like it tonight.

I agree to a certain extent, but we've aways managed to move the ball at least a little with the First unit. That offense looks horrid, and that's a compliment.

noa
08-17-2006, 10:37 PM
I agree to a certain extent, but we've aways managed to move the ball at least a little with the First unit. That offense looks horrid, and that's a compliment.

If you are in a position to judge LJ's performance based on four rushes, you must be an expert. Trent trew four of six passes for 32 yards, which is decent in my book. LJ can't be expected to tear it up in four rushes. Come on, the guy is going to get so many more touches in the regular season that what we saw tonight can't possibly be taken as an indication of what's to come.

plbrdude
08-17-2006, 10:41 PM
xkfbvivvhnorguhw[RGH;BNDIUBHp9w7ugh[oivj;lfvnfkjvbhp49tu7h[eoifvjsrf[ogij5R[]08GYJHOKfmbvOAPRUGHR[OGNJROIGHw[ovnh:ELjkgth93p578yht[RUGHw[ogijWR08T][r0gioj
ROFL ROFL ROFL

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 10:41 PM
If you are in a position to judge LJ's performance based on four rushes, you must be an expert. Trent trew four passes for 32 yards, which is decent in my book. LJ can't be expected to tear it up in four rushes. Come on, the guy is going to get so many more touches in the regular season that what we saw tonight can't possibly be taken as an indication of what's to come.

At what point did I say anything specifically about LJ? Answer, I didn't.

The offense is more than just LJ. We just looked plain fuggin awful tonight. The reason is the shit ass OT play, the mediocre WR play and the vanilla playbook. The playbook will improve, but I have no faith in the rest.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 10:43 PM
noa949 give me 1 positive you took out of this game besides the punter and no major injuries.

noa
08-17-2006, 10:44 PM
At what point did I say anything specifically about LJ? Answer, I didn't.

The offense is more than just LJ. We just looked plain fuggin awful tonight. The reason is the shit ass OT play, the mediocre WR play and the vanilla playbook. The playbook will improve, but I have no faith in the rest.

What reason do you have to believe that the WRs are going to be worse this year than they were last year? I understand concern about the OT, but fortunatley, our offensive coordinator is the former OLine coach, and he understands our strenghts and weaknesses better than anyone.

rad
08-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Umenyiora was beating Turley like a drum......not many teams have DE's like the Giants but anytime we face a team with a pass rush like that we're gonna get owned. Luckily I don't think we face to many great pass rush teams this year.

Turley didn't play THAT bad. You should chill and see what happens next week @ home vs. Stl after the team gets decent rest. You make some points, but enough with the incessant bitching already.

noa
08-17-2006, 10:47 PM
noa949 give me 1 positive you took out of this game besides the punter and no major injuries.

Trent complete 4 of 6 passes. That's a positive.
Seriously, though, there were plenty of games last season where there wasn't anything positive about our #1 units' first two possessions yet we still went on to win the game. Just because we didn't look great in two possessions in our preseason game doesn't mean that we won't be okay come regular season.

rad
08-17-2006, 10:49 PM

I'll give you mine

Kawika

DJ

Pollard

Wilson

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Trent complete 4 of 6 passes. That's a positive.
Seriously, though, there were plenty of games last season where there wasn't anything positive about our #1 units' first two possessions yet we still went on to win the game. Just because we didn't look great in two possessions in our preseason game doesn't mean that we won't be okay come regular season.

IMVHO, we have looked like complete shit and heck even Herm and the players are admitting that.

Next Saturday, with a full week in KC we better see something or shit will really hit the fans if they come out and play like they did tonight.

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 10:54 PM
What reason do you have to believe that the WRs are going to be worse this year than they were last year? I understand concern about the OT, but fortunatley, our offensive coordinator is the former OLine coach, and he understands our strenghts and weaknesses better than anyone.

Because our #1 WR would be a #2 on most teams (Kennison) and he's 33 yrs old.. Our #2 (Parker) has marginal hands at best and runs poor routes. Our #3 shouldn't even be a WR (Dante Hall), cuz he needs too much time to get separation, unless we are in a 4 WR set. Other than that, I have no idea why that's a concern. I do like Jeff Webb, but I don't have any idea what he's capable of since Casey Printers is generally throwing to him by the time Webb get's into the game.

Solari is a great OL coach, but come on. Unless he's planning to bring Roaf back into the lineup, he's got problems with those tackles he won't be able to effectively disguise.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll give you mine

Kawika

DJ

Pollard

Wilson

No one on the D showed me anything and they all get an F when they give up 154 yds rushing with a 4.3 average

noa
08-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Because our #1 WR would be a #2 on most teams (Kennison) and he's 33 yrs old.. Our #2 (Parker) has marginal hands at best and runs poor routes. Our #3 shouldn't even be a WR (Dante Hall), cuz he needs too much time to get separation, unless we are in a 4 WR set. Other than that, I have no idea why that's a concern. I do like Jeff Webb, but I don't have any idea what he's capable of since Casey Printers is generally throwing to him by the time Webb get's into the game.

Solari is a great OL coach, but come on. Unless he's planning to bring Roaf back into the lineup, he's got problems with those tackles he won't be able to effectively disguise.

Kennison has shown no signs of slowing down, Parker is improving according to all reports, and hopefully someone can step up between the rest of our WRs beacuse I agree with you about Dante.
In terms of the OL, yes, I will agree that the tackles should cause some worrying right now, but I honestly think we will have things worked out by the regular season. We got used to Willie Roaf, which was a nice luxury while it lasted, but his excellence will never be replicated, so we will have to do what every other team in the NFL has to do, which is to figure out how to get by without Willie Roaf at LT.

rad
08-17-2006, 11:04 PM
No one on the D showed me anything and they all get an F when they give up 154 yds rushing with a 4.3 average

The defense as a whole, yeah. but Mitchell and DJ did alright considering it looked like Gun only had 9 defenders on the field.

ChiTown
08-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Kennison has shown no signs of slowing down, Parker is improving according to all reports, and hopefully someone can step up between the rest of our WRs beacuse I agree with you about Dante.
In terms of the OL, yes, I will agree that the tackles should cause some worrying right now, but I honestly think we will have things worked out by the regular season. We got used to Willie Roaf, which was a nice luxury while it lasted, but his excellence will never be replicated, so we will have to do what every other team in the NFL has to do, which is to figure out how to get by without Willie Roaf at LT.

LOL

Well, we obviously see two different teams. I see one that has a giant insurmountable hole at the OT position (See Houston Texans pre 2006). I see a team that lacks a credible ability to get the Defense to do anything other than Key most of their efforts on stopping LJ. I see a qb that could very likely get killed, and leave us with Damon Huard taking snaps (God help us).

I still don't see the pass rush, but that could come with Hali. I'm concerned about how well our DB's will do in coverage, but I think we'll get better as the season progresses. I'm concerned about the ineterior DL, but I'm hopeful that will and can get better.

How about we agree that there is a TON of room to improve, and that they best start showing some signs that they are capable of playing better?

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 11:07 PM
LOL

Well, we obviously see two different teams. I see one that has a giant insurmountable hole at the OT position (See Houston Texans pre 2006). I see a team that lacks a credible ability to get the Defense to do anything other than Key most of their efforts on stopping LJ. I see a qb that could very likely get killed, and leave us with Damon Huard taking snaps (God help us).

I still don't see the pass rush, but that could come with Hali. I'm concerned about how well our DB's will do in coverage, but I think we'll get better as the season progresses. I'm concerned about the ineterior DL, but I'm hopeful that will and can get better.

How about we agree that there is a TON of room to improve, and that they best start showing some signs that they are capable of playing better?

Sounds like the 2005 Jets. :)

noa
08-17-2006, 11:09 PM
LOL

Ha, of course I will agree to that. Look, I am disappointed in how we've played thus far. I am just reluctant to push the panic button based on previous preseasons. I really do see our offense playing well this season, and I don't think our schedule is too tough. If we can improve our defense by a little bit, which we should do considering our new head coach and our new personnell (Hali, new DTs, and Ty Law), then we'll be okay.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Sounds alot like last year. We sure sucked last year.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Weaker OL with no protection for Green with limited ability to open holes for LJ.

A defense that consists of the worst DL's available. Good LB's and good corners.

I don't know if we are becoming the Raiders east or Jets west.