PDA

View Full Version : Remember we went 0-4 in the preseason last year

ChiefsFan4Life
08-18-2006, 06:03 AM
That's all.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2006, 06:14 AM
I don't care if the team goes winless in preseason.

But they can't go getting beat soundly and showing absolutely nothing when the first units are in the game

Maybe they are putting up the biggest smoke screen us fans have ever seen?

ChiefsfaninPA
08-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Amazing stat if only it wasn't included in at least 100 other threads.

MichaelH
08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Of course I remember. I also remember the mad scramble to win every game from October on to make the playoffs.

Brock
08-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Nobody would care if the team went 0-4 in the preseason again if the starters appeared to be playing well.

chagrin
08-18-2006, 06:52 AM
I am still undecided on the preseason; all I know is what I saw, I didn't like. Samie Parker still doesn't know how to catch and hold, and doesn't put eefort into catching the ball but 1 out of every 3 times.
Our first team defense had 2 or 3 guys that really put effort into making tackles and following the ball, not the player.
Backup QB's are very weak.

Obviously we didn't unveil the "O" but you'd have to be blind not to see that we have issues.

Hopefully we will be pleasantly suprised on opening day and they will open it up and turn things on in a hurry, That would be nice.

MahiMike
08-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Poor Trent was on his back most of the night. He looked like David Carr out there. I couldn't believe he was still in there in the 2nd qtr. I was ecstatic to see him finally get pulled. Oh Willie, where for art thou Willie?

Upon further review, my prediction is 6-9.

oldandslow
08-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Poor Trent was on his back most of the night. He looked like David Carr out there. I couldn't believe he was still in there in the 2nd qtr. I was ecstatic to see him finally get pulled. Oh Willie, where for art thou Willie?

BINGO!!! We have a winner. The OL, esp the tackles, was awful.

5for5SB
08-18-2006, 07:04 AM

The Chiefs are only going to play 15 games this year?

chagrin
08-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Ha, yeah they are so bad they don't get a 16th game

Pylo1020
08-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Give him a break 5for5. I think he meant they'll go "69".

sedated
08-18-2006, 07:48 AM
we suck

Bowser
08-18-2006, 07:53 AM
''''

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I don't care if the team goes winless in preseason.

But they can't go getting beat soundly and showing absolutely nothing when the first units are in the game

Maybe they are putting up the biggest smoke screen us fans have ever seen?

2 drives in a road game, 1 eneding with a penalty and we showed nothing?

Youa re right...lietraly we showed nothing.

Maybe it's hard to judge started on 2 series on the road? What you think one of the best defenses in the game is going to come out at home and not be fired up ?

Man give things a chance we haven't seen jack yet.

I am more concerned with our lack of pass rush from the front 4 but hopefully Hali helps that and Carlos Hall.

MahiMike
08-18-2006, 08:07 AM
The Chiefs are only going to play 15 games this year?

They've got me so upset I can't even add today. :banghead:

bobbything
08-18-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm not that concerned with the offense. They looked similar to this last preseason. This isn't an offense that will just line up and move the ball down the field. All the shifting and motions create mismatches and this is what makes it effective. We don't do that during the preseason.

The defense is a whole nother issue. You can line up and stop an offense without getting super-creative. I really don't like seeing a defense with two pro bowl corners playing 7-10 yards off the receivers. Our (potential) pro bowl DT can't get ANY pressure. Our linebackers were abused all night. And still, STILL, we will bite on any kind of misdirection.

I just don't understand why a defensive coordinator, who has two corners that thrive off bump and run coverage, insists on playing them off the receivers. Preseason or not.

DMAC
08-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Next Year!!

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:19 AM
They've got me so upset I can't even add today. :banghead:

Whya re you so mad about a pre-season game?

Green played 2 series
Johnson 4 carries
No Waters
No shifting
Printers was in by the 2nd Q

Defense played base 4-3 against 3 wide sets
No man press
No Hali
No Hall
Bell being babied I'm sure
Hicks is injured but sucks anyway
Few saftey blitz packages

on top of the fact we have been in camp almost 4 weeks and played only on the road......why are you so mad?

What did you expect to happen? Ny has a bad ass D and a very good O-Line

Only thing I am concerned about is our lack of pass rush

I thought Mithcell and D. Johnson were all over the place making plays

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm not that concerned with the offense. They looked similar to this last preseason. This isn't an offense that will just line up and move the ball down the field. All the shifting and motions create mismatches and this is what makes it effective. We don't do that during the preseason.

The defense is a whole nother issue. You can line up and stop an offense without getting super-creative. I really don't like seeing a defense with two pro bowl corners playing 7-10 yards off the receivers. Our (potential) pro bowl DT can't get ANY pressure. Our linebackers were abused all night. And still, STILL, we will bite on any kind of misdirection.

I just don't understand why a defensive coordinator, who has two corners that thrive off bump and run coverage, insists on playing them off the receivers. Preseason or not.

Why didn't we play man? Same reason we played a base 4-3 on 3 wide sets. IT'S PRE-SEASON DAMN IT! They are doing things they would normally never do in a real game!

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Nobody would care if the team went 0-4 in the preseason again if the starters appeared to be playing well.

They didn't play well last year in preseason, and we read post after post about how this team was doomed...

Cochise
08-18-2006, 08:43 AM
They didn't play well last year in preseason, and we read post after post about how this team was doomed...

I agree about last year, but per usual, maybe thought they were doomed and I didn't think they looked that bad. This year however, I can't even find any brights spots.

I'm not a member of the doomsaying crowd, it's only the preseason. I'm just saying that this preseason the team looks a good deal worse to me.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
That's all.

Remember how we didnt make the playoffs last year and have only made it once in the past 9 years?

That is all.

Predarat
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
I keep telling myself

its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason..............its only the preseason

ROYC75
08-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Bingo, we had injuries last year and the doom and gloom was full force.......

Just like now ..............

FringeNC
08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
If I remember correctly about last year's preseason, we actually had leads at some point, and the first team played okay, and then the scrubs would come in and get beat up.

The excuse that we are playing a base 4-3 against 3 WR sets as the reason the D sucks so far is a joke. We really stuffed the run didn't we? The NY Giants first team offense just abused our first team defense and there is no way to sugar coat that.

ROYC75
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
IMHO, the fans are wanting football so much because of the off season that the expectations are high.........

As one once said, Time is on our side.............

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree about last year, but per usual, maybe thought they were doomed and I didn't think they looked that bad. This year however, I can't even find any brights spots.

I'm not a member of the doomsaying crowd, it's only the preseason. I'm just saying that this preseason the team looks a good deal worse to me.

They may look worse, but that's likely because of expectations you placed on them prior to the season.

I think most people, even the ones that outwardly deny it, have subconciously convinced themselves that the offense will be worse and the defense will be better.

The team is performing in preseason just like it has in past preseasons. You're perception is being colored.

Demonpenz
08-18-2006, 10:02 AM
i don't understand what point people are making with the bullshit 10-6 stat you are saying that like it's a good thing. We underachieved and our defense sucked last year.

MichaelH
08-18-2006, 10:06 AM
i don't understand what point people are making with the bullshit 10-6 stat you are saying that like it's a good thing. We underachieved and our defense sucked last year.

good point! The Chiefs were the only 10-6 team to NOT make the playoffs in how long?

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 10:13 AM

Because a couple of different offensive playcalls could have meant 12-4 last year.

I'm not bringing up 10-6 because it was a great accomplishment. I'm bringing it up because it's a COLD, HARD FACT the flies in the face of stupid shit like the idea that we're gonna start the season 0-8.

Demonpenz
08-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Because a couple of different offensive playcalls could have meant 12-4 last year.

I'm not bringing up 10-6 because it was a great accomplishment. I'm bringing it up because it's a COLD, HARD FACT the flies in the face of stupid shit like the idea that we're gonna start the season 0-8.

How about the hard fact that the bengals were resting their starters last year. People who say this bullshit a couple plays here a couple plays there, a couple different playcalls bla bla bla. This is football get the job don't. No ****ing excuses. If you **** up and don't get it done you don't say oh a couple bad breaks no you say i ****ed up i will work harder tomorrow.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 10:24 AM
How about the hard fact that the bengals were resting their starters last year. People who say this bullshit a couple plays here a couple plays there, a couple different playcalls bla bla bla. This is football get the job don't. No ****ing excuses. If you **** up and don't get it done you don't say oh a couple bad breaks no you say i ****ed up i will work harder tomorrow.

Are you dense?

You wanna make it into some kind of "we were great because we were 10-6" discussion...

Nevermind, I can't explain it to you because I can't simplify it any more.

Demonpenz
08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Are you dense?

You wanna make it into some kind of "we were great because we were 10-6" discussion...

Nevermind, I can't explain it to you because I can't simplify it any more.

Yeah I am probably dense. I only understand if you attain your goal or you don't. I don't spin some bullshit story like OH A COUPLE PLAYCALLS HERE OR THERE.

alanm
08-18-2006, 10:44 AM
''''
Is Batman gay?????

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah I am probably dense. I only understand if you attain your goal or you don't. I don't spin some bullshit story like OH A COUPLE PLAYCALLS HERE OR THERE.

ROFL

That's why I love this place. Completely ignore the message and rant about whatever it takes to change the subject.

It's quite simple and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH GOALS.

This team was 0-4 in the preseason. They were EVERY BIT as bad as they are right now.

And yet they went 10-6. I don't care what that means RELATIVE TO SUCCESS. There is NOTHING subjective about this.

10-6 is a .625 winning percentage.

Predictions of an 0-8 start are flat-out retarded.

Demonpenz
08-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I DARE YOU TO FIND ME WHERE I SAY WE ARE GOING 0-8!

We are going to be the first team to go 0-17 and our team is going to be contracted at the ends of the year :)

dirk digler
08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
ROFL

That's why I love this place. Completely ignore the message and rant about whatever it takes to change the subject.

It's quite simple and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH GOALS.

This team was 0-4 in the preseason. They were EVERY BIT as bad as they are right now.

And yet they went 10-6. I don't care what that means RELATIVE TO SUCCESS. There is NOTHING subjective about this.

10-6 is a .625 winning percentage.

Predictions of an 0-8 start are flat-out retarded.

Parker are you happy how the 1st team players have played this preseason? IIRC, they may have been 0-4 in the preseason but the first team O always had 1-2 TD or FG drives that said yeah we still got it. I just haven't seen that and that worries me.

Calcountry
08-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Nobody would care if the team went 0-4 in the preseason again if the starters appeared to be playing well.Last year IIRC, the first units seemed sharper. This year it seems like, get me through this series so I can let the scrubs go in.

ZERO heart. As in, they feel safe. Screw that. I would let them all know, that if they don't start playing with heart I would cut every gddam one of them and start over.

Just to show how serious I was, I would cut Hicks right after the rant.

KC Dan
08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Last year IIRC, the first units seemed sharper. This year it seems like, get me through this series so I can let the scrubs go in.

ZERO heart. As in, they feel safe. Screw that. I would let them all know, that if they don't start playing with heart I would cut every gddam one of them and start over.

Just to show how serious I was, I would cut Hicks right after the rant.
I am now elevating you to Chiefs Head Coach. That is all.