PDA

View Full Version : '05 preseason vs '06 preseason

Count Zarth
08-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Through the first two games of the '06 preseason, our first-team offense has generated 97 yards on 26 plays, 3.73 yards per play. That's in four possessions.

Through the first two games of the '05 preseason, our first-team offense generated 276 yards on 42 plays, 6.57 yards per play. That's in six possessions.

Is that a reason for concern? Probably. But we're working with new offensive linemen and a new offensive coordinator, and we've played both games on the road. Last year we were at home for the second game.

Count Zarth
08-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Here's the defensive breakdown:

Through the first two games of the '06 preseason, our first-team defense has allowed 266 yards on 52 plays, 5.11 yards per play. That's in seven possessions.

Through the first two games of the '05 preseason, our first-team defense allowed 251 yards on 49 plays, 5.12 yards per play. That's in nine possessions.

Basically identical.

Count Zarth
08-18-2006, 06:28 AM
I'm guessing our offensive stats will be almost identical after we play the Rams next week. The first-team offense will probably play the entire first half.

StcChief
08-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Let's not gloom and doom yet.....

Looks like HERM wants to really see the backup play.

Watching Kris 'the secret weapon' Wilson catch the ball on tip drill was a highlight last night :p

Count Zarth
08-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Also, here's a silver lining. The second-team defense looked good in the second half:

PUNT
PUNT
FIELD GOAL
PUNT
PUNT

DeepSouth
08-18-2006, 06:45 AM
Not to make excuses, but the team played last Saturday, had Sunday off, practiced once on Monday, once on Tuesday, and traveled on Wednesday.

The next day or so, they will be moving back to KC. I think part of the crappy play can be attributed to short week, minimal practices, and the anticipation of getting out of Wisconsin.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Jesus people ....no Waters, no Hali, vanilla play calling on both sides of the ball....

you peopel should all give up football if you are freaking out over preseason games

petegz28
08-18-2006, 06:49 AM
Not to make excuses, but the team played last Saturday, had Sunday off, practiced once on Monday, once on Tuesday, and traveled on Wednesday.

The next day or so, they will be moving back to KC. I think part of the crappy play can be attributed to short week, minimal practices, and the anticipation of getting out of Wisconsin.

Not to mention they haven't slept in their own beds for 4 weeks and the Giants did.

People just freak out over the littlest shit anymore.

lenexachiefsfan
08-18-2006, 06:52 AM
Boy the articles have really started coming in...

There is major trouble brewing in the heartland. With two preseason games under their belt, the Kansas City Chiefs have begun answering some big off-season questions. Unfortunately for fans, the answers have not been good at all. With a new coaching staff, a tattered offensive line, and a defense that still has years of improvement ahead of it, the upcoming season could be a very ugly one in Kansas City.

This story begins on December 31st of last year when veteran coach Dick Vermeil surprised many by announcing his retirement a day before the teamís final game of the season. Take a look at the circumstances that brought Vermeil to Kansas City in the first place and I think you will see the significance of this decision.

www.kicksnlicks.com/081806page1.html

I'm still behind them 100%. Go Chiefs!!!! :)

MahiMike
08-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey you guys can try and sugar coat this any way you want. But that was friggin embarrasing. Not even worth the airplane fuel to fly to New York. I didn't see one thing that got me excited about the season at all. If this keeps up the phrase, 'Dammit Herm!', will replace a similar, well-known phrase often heard here.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Hey you guys can try and sugar coat this any way you want. But that was friggin embarrasing. Not even worth the airplane fuel to fly to New York. I didn't see one thing that got me excited about the season at all. If this keeps up the phrase, 'Dammit Herm!', will replace a similar, well-known phrase often heard here.

Yah the season is over becasue we lost a preaseason game.

oldandslow
08-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Did you watch Turley try to block last PM?

I don't care if its pre-season or not. LT is going to be a huge problem.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Did you watch Turley try to block last PM?

I don't care if its pre-season or not. LT is going to be a huge problem.

Turley looked just fine to me given the situation and who he was playing against.

I am sorry he won't be perfect. Neither was Road who was burnt on speed rushes last year

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Yah the season is over becasue we lost a preaseason game.

Nope not at all.

Our season is in jeporady IF improvement is not seen pretty soon.

oldandslow
08-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Turley looked just fine to me given the situation and who he was playing against.

I am sorry he won't be perfect. Neither was Road who was burnt on speed rushes last year

You're crazy if you think you can even compare Turley and Roaf. I know what I saw and Turley IS NOT the answer.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Nope not at all.

Our season is in jeporady IF improvement is not seen pretty soon.

Do you ever look at what you are whining abot or do you just whine?

If you don't see the disadvantage the Chiefs had yesterday you are needing to look past yesterday.

banyon
08-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Do you ever look at what you are whining abot or do you just whine?

If you don't see the disadvantage the Chiefs had yesterday you are needing to look past yesterday.

Aren't you the guy who wants to sh**can the entire Royals organization after every loss?

Why are you berating people about whining?

dirk digler
08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I like Turley but Petegz you're an idiot if you think Turley = Roaf

I am going to hold off on my doom and gloom until after next Saturday. If they stink it up at home then we are in big trouble.

DMAC
08-18-2006, 10:01 AM
You're crazy if you think you can even compare Turley and Roaf. I know what I saw and Turley IS NOT the answer.Nobody is "The Answer", but Turley will be a worthy replacement.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Who said anything about Turley being as good as Roaf?

This place has turned into Retard Central.

dirk digler
08-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Who said anything about Turley being as good as Roaf?

This place has turned into Retard Central.

Petegz said

wutamess
08-18-2006, 10:19 AM
That does not say that Turley is as good as Roaf. That says that Roaf is human also and Turley is adequate/serviceable for the job.

That's how I read it.
He's true on the Roaf statement.

It's been a couple of games where Roaf would get beat by speed rushers last year while I was at the games. One play he didn't even get a hand on the guy (Forgot the game).

Face it. Roaf was at the end of his career anyways. He's still an above average LT but I don't think he was as dominant as he was eralier in his career or the first couple of years with the Chiefs.

While we're at it. Shields gave up some sacks last year too.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 10:24 AM
That does not say that Turley is as good as Roaf. That says that Roaf is human also and Turley is adequate/serviceable for the job.

That's how I read it.

It's been a couple of games where Roaf would get beat by speed rushers last year while I was at the games. One play he didn't even get a hand on the guy (Forgot the game).

Face it. Roaf was at the end of his career anyways. He's still an above average LT but I don't think he was as dominant as he was eralier in his career or the first couple of years with the Chiefs.

:clap:

Rational thought is scarce these days...

dirk digler
08-18-2006, 10:30 AM

That's how I read it.

I like Turley and I think he will do an admirable job but he is not on the same level as Roaf.

My concern is that we don't have a young QB back there like David Carr and if our O-line plays like it did last night Trent won't make it through the season.

Chief Chief
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Colquitt's punts have been freakin' awesome!!

RedandGold
08-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I like Turley and I think he will do an admirable job but he is not on the same level as Roaf.

My concern is that we don't have a young QB back there like David Carr and if our O-line plays like it did last night Trent won't make it through the season.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the game last night.

Even if Trent doesn't get hurt, he has shown in the past that he doesn't perform well if he's getting knocked around.

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Also the Giants DE combo is the best in the NFL. They will lite up alot of QB's this season. Heck they have two backup ends that would start for us.