PDA

View Full Version : When Tamba plays. Opposing teams will have trouble.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Everyone is getting too worked up.

Our no.1 is not playing yet.

When he starts bringing the heat then other teams will be forced to adjust and screw up their blocking schemes. This will create opportunities for the others on the Dline. Just relax. Be confident.

Vegas_Dave
08-18-2006, 04:12 PM
chief2000=Herm?

BigChiefFan
08-18-2006, 04:18 PM
He can't be any worse that Hicks. Hicks has thrown in the towel.

hawkchief
08-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Considering he was picked about 15 spots later in the draft than was Ryan Sims (albeit in different years), there are a lot of us that will take a wait and see attitude towards Hali. I, for one, think he might help, but seeing as how we have whiffed on so many defensive picks over the past several years, I'm not holding my breath.

MOhillbilly
08-18-2006, 04:55 PM
chief2k you are way to ****ing upbeat for the day after a loss.

Feel the hate brother!

wait till a regular season loss and post your upbeatedness.
i dares ya.

Hydrae
08-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Considering he was picked about 15 spots later in the draft than was Ryan Sims (albeir in different years), there are a lot of us that will take a wait and see attitude towards Hali. I, for one, think he might help, but seeing as how we have whiffed on so many defensive picks over the past several years, I'm not holding my breath.

Jared Allen, Kawika Mitchell, Derrick Johnson, Keyron Fox

At Defensive Tackle, I agree with you but not the defense in general.

Mr. Laz
08-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Everyone is getting too worked up..

oh good another "lecture" thread

Fish
08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm glad chief2000 has it figured out....... and I was just about to get worried.....

StcChief
08-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Let 'em sort it out... get up for Lambs and play better,
the cuts will happen and we will move on....

suds79
08-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah I think Tamba will be a big upgrade over Eric but my problem now is with Gun.

We don't have the best talent in the world but we have much more than what we're showing.

- The DEs crash in every time and we get killed with misdirection.
- The CBs play soft on 3rd & short.
- Our slow & weak safties are starting over faster & harder hitting players.

Gun has got to take a lot of blame as to why this D is still this bad.

With the given talent, we should be better than this.

ChiefFan31
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Chief2000, you are a trip man. Its like you have Tourettes, but instead of shouting obsenities you thread start random thoughts about the Chiefs.

I aint gonna rip on you though for trying to put a positive spin on this. Im not overly panicked myself, but like I have already stated Im worried about both of our lines.

I think the first time Tamba doesnt get faked out and actually stops a boot/misderection play to his side, we all might have a heart attack.

Smed1065
08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Everyone is getting too worked up.

Our no.1 is not playing yet.

When he starts bringing the heat then other teams will be forced to adjust and screw up their blocking schemes. This will create opportunities for the others on the Dline. Just relax. Be confident.

Did you mean that our #1 defensive player has not played yet?

I know it looks bad but heaven forbid our # 1 player be a rookie on D (and has never played a game in the NFL)

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Save us, Tamba Hali! We beseech thee! Save us from this abominable misery of left sweeps!

chief2000
08-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Eric Hick single teamed = Dtackles double teamed= J.Allen double teamed.

Versus

Tamba Single teamed = QB sack. Or....
Tamba double teamed = Reed QB sacks = J.Allen QB sacks.

PastorMikH
08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I did not realize we drafted someone who made the ProBowl last year.

There's a lot of hype with Hali, but be serious, in his rookie year he's going to struggle some. He's never had to face a the pros that he'll be facing now. It will take some time for him to get up to speed and missing 2 pre-season games doesn't help him.

Demonpenz
08-18-2006, 06:46 PM
that would be nice if he actually showed up to play instead of prancing around with his girlfriend in happy valley

Deberg_1990
08-18-2006, 07:34 PM
There's a lot of hype with Hali, but be serious, in his rookie year he's going to struggle some. He's never had to face a the pros that he'll be facing now. It will take some time for him to get up to speed and missing 2 pre-season games doesn't help him.

Agreed, he may or may not be an upgrade over Hicks (more than likely he will be) but this team has waaaaay more problems than just Hicks so expecting Hali to step in and become some savior of the defense is just unrealistic.

whoman69
08-18-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm afraid its not going to be much different than now. He is only one of 11 players on the team that play D. We still have quite a few holes, Hicks is only one. Its not certain if Tali will be an upgrade or if he will have a big learning curve. Guess I didn't hear why he missed the 2nd game, but he needs to get in there soon to learn the system and get used to playing at the higher speeds required in the NFL.

Count Alex's Wins
08-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Tamba, his arms wide.

KCinNY
08-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I hope Tamba can contribute, 'cause all we've got now is one decent pass rusher and a bunch of stiffs.

chief2000
08-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm afraid its not going to be much different than now. He is only one of 11 players on the team that play D. We still have quite a few holes, Hicks is only one. Its not certain if Tali will be an upgrade or if he will have a big learning curve. Guess I didn't hear why he missed the 2nd game, but he needs to get in there soon to learn the system and get used to playing at the higher speeds required in the NFL.

You mean playing at that high speed Eric Hicks plays at ?

JK.

Nigereans are tough dudes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabeer_Gbaja-Biamila

I expect him to contribute on 3rd down at Dtackle also with Jimmy Wilkerson on the end.

stevieray
08-18-2006, 08:54 PM
You mean playing at that high speed Eric Hicks plays at ?

JK.

Nigereans are tough dudes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabeer_Gbaja-Biamila

I expect him to contribute on 3rd down at Dtackle also with Jimmy Wilkerson on the end.

He's from Liberia

cheffz
08-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Tamba, his arms wide.

nice trek reference

TRR
08-18-2006, 09:33 PM
My biggest problem with the defense is why our CB's play so far off the WR's. Even Troy Aikman mentioned it last night. Now KC is playing VERY vanilla D, but KC has two of the best bump and run CB's in the league. Lenny Walls is another strong CB, as well as Benny Sapp. I just do not get why they play so far off, and expect NFL QB's to miss open WR's all night long.

KC has been playing this way for 6 years now. First it was GRob's fault, then it was Vermeil's passive way of coaching, and now it's Cunningham's, and soon to be Edwards.

Anyone?

HemiEd
08-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah I think Tamba will be a big upgrade over Eric but my problem now is with Gun.

We don't have the best talent in the world but we have much more than what we're showing.

- The DEs crash in every time and we get killed with misdirection.
- The CBs play soft on 3rd & short.
- Our slow & weak safties are starting over faster & harder hitting players.

Gun has got to take a lot of blame as to why this D is still this bad.

With the given talent, we should be better than this.

I agree with your assessment of the Defense, but I hope that is not how they will play when the real season starts.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 09:42 PM
My biggest problem with the defense is why our CB's play so far off the WR's. Even Troy Aikman mentioned it last night. Now KC is playing VERY vanilla D, but KC has two of the best bump and run CB's in the league. Lenny Walls is another strong CB, as well as Benny Sapp. I just do not get why they play so far off, and expect NFL QB's to miss open WR's all night long.

KC has been playing this way for 6 years now. First it was GRob's fault, then it was Vermeil's passive way of coaching, and now it's Cunningham's, and soon to be Edwards.

Anyone?

We played bump and run, but it was the Bartee Era.

Don't you remember all the illegal hands to face calls?

....and pass interference calls. Was absolutely terrible.

stevieray
08-18-2006, 09:42 PM

Anyone?
It's SO frustrating to watch...I was thinking how hard is it to get a first down on third and eight,when they can run ten yards before we even engage the WR.

:banghead:

chief2000
08-18-2006, 11:32 PM
It's SO frustrating to watch...I was thinking how hard is it to get a first down on third and eight,when they can run ten yards before we even engage the WR.

:banghead:

New pass defense rules ?

milkman
08-19-2006, 09:19 AM
New pass defense rules ?

No.

First they aren't new, they have been in place for years.
They have just placed more emphasis on enforcement in the last couple of years.

Second, the DBs can hit the WR within 5 yards of the LOS legally, which is what TRR is getting at.

Corners can't bump the receiver, knock him off his intended route, and play tight coverage if he's lining up 10 yards off the line.

SNR
08-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Eric Hick single teamed = Dtackles double teamed= J.Allen double teamed.

Versus

Tamba Single teamed = QB sack. Or....
Tamba double teamed = Reed QB sacks = J.Allen QB sacks.Well shit, I feel sorry for a team like the Giants who only have Osi, Strahan, and William Joseph on their starting Dline. They better go get a veteran guy like Shane Burton if they want to compete in this league.

FringeNC
08-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Sims was a #1 pick, too.

Sure-Oz
08-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Sims also had some badass DE playing on his team that made him look better than his fatass really was.

chief2000
08-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Sims needs to LOSE weight. Maybe he can then gain some quickness.

Lord Bestyle
08-19-2006, 02:15 PM

Anyone?

Do you suppose that the corners playing off really is just preseason vanilla? And then when Cincy comes to town we'll see a lot of bump and run? I desperately hope that's the case: I want those receivers f'n mugged in those first 5 yards. If I have to watch Law and Surtain doing their best Warfield and McCleon impressions all year, I'm going to puke repeatedly.

banyon
08-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Did you see how the #1 overall pick gave us so much trouble? :shake:

I hope Hali works out, but he's still got a lot to prove?

Mojo Rising
08-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Do you suppose that the corners playing off really is just preseason vanilla? And then when Cincy comes to town we'll see a lot of bump and run? I desperately hope that's the case: I want those receivers f'n mugged in those first 5 yards. If I have to watch Law and Surtain doing their best Warfield and McCleon impressions all year, I'm going to puke repeatedly.

I would think that if we were going to play press coverage that the D would want to practice it during the pre-season. The press during practices vs. Kennison, Parker and Hall can not be that productive.

chief2000
08-19-2006, 02:37 PM
NO ONE here should question Edwards.

We are all fat losers that don't know anything about football !